Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
VixenViVi rolled 10 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 5, 4, 3, 7, 6, 9, 3, 6 Total: 56 (10-100)

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:21 pm
User Image
User Image

Aerynn McKenny
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fifth Year

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「YEAH!」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Tyler」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

She smiled, she liked the boys spunk. "Alright I'll give it another go." Darting down she swooped and grabbed the ball up once more. Making her way back up, she gave herself enough room and got a good shot. Lowering herself to the broom once more she shot toward the goal, and as soon as she got close enough, threw the quaffle with some force at the target.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 8, 4, 5, 5, 10, 8, 10, 1, 6 Total: 65 (10-100)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:25 pm
Devin watched, and once again, jumped it's path, probably leaving an opening, but he anticipated the shot well.  

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 pm
User Image
User Image

Aerynn McKenny
Hufflepuff Prefect
Fifth Year

ωнαт ιs σи мч мιиם➸➸「YEAH!」
ωнσ ιs σи мч мιиם❥❥「Tyler」
~ - ~мσσם~ - ~「Happy」

I'm dreaming of one kiss from you

A love long and true

We'll go on and on

Ryn clapped for the boy, she knew taking that hit must have hurt. "Wooo Look at you! Great catch!" She yelled to him, a laugh evident in her voice. She was glad that he was on her team and not opposed. "Wanna go again or someone else want a shot?" She asked others around.

I'm looking for one kiss goodnight

To last all my life

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:33 pm
VixenViVi

Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image
Age:11 Height: 4'10" Weight: 100 lbs Birthday: 30 April

. He caught it alright, but it left a huge sting in his hands, which was because he took a path toward the ball instead of horizontally, which is how he usually goal-tended, because it led to very many fast-breaks for his team. He shook his hand and looked at them. They were red.

"Oww," he said, actually laughing about it. He looked at her, a smile upon his face.

"I must say, you have a pretty hard shot," he admitted to Aerynn. He took another quick look at his hands, realizing they went back to their original color. He was actually quite surprised he stopped her shot. Maybe he was better at goalkeeping than he thought.

"I'm free to go again. I mean, I've beent aking shots against all day," he said jokingly.

Mood: Ecstatic Class: Quidditch Pitch Relationship Status: Single

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:19 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
Bailey watched as everyone jumped into the spirit of practicing. She was rather impressed with much of what she saw, but she knew it was time for the real thing. Glancing over her shoulder for Nevin, her dark brown eyes dropped to the ground when she saw nothing but an empty entrance. Nevin had told her he would try to make it on time, but it looked as if they would have to start the games without him.

Sweeping her leg up over her broom, she zipped up into the air, taking a few healthy laps before coming to a halt in the center of the pitch.
"Alright guys, bring it in." She hovered on her broomstick, waiting for everyone to move in closer. "It looks like our keeper is going to be a bit late, so I'll have to take his place for now. Seeing as each of you seem to be attached to the only open chaser position-" She paused in the center of her sentence to glance at Lenny, who she still suspected had something to tell her. Then her eyes led her to Devin's, who she smiled at, reminding him that he would get whichever position he proved best at - if any.

"- Each of you will line up and attempt to score on me up to three consecutive times. Keep in mind that who I choose to fill the empty spot is not necessarily the person who scores the most shots on me. I will be looking at all of the important aspects of a Quidditch player, so now is your time to show off - and I don't mean trick shots and backflips - I mean that you should prove that you know how to play the game, or at least that you have the potential." Settling herself in next to the goal posts, a giant smile took over her face. "Since there is also a beater position open, you all have a chance of filling it. While you wait for your turn to play chaser, I would like each of you to show that you can protect your teammates from the bludger. There's several beater's bats down there that you guys can trade off using. So unless you're going first, get down there and grab one before Ryn lets out the bludgers!" Bailey smiled at Aerynn, gesturing for her to do so. She figured there would be at least one student against practicing the beater position, but she hoped they realized that if they didn't make chaser, and they didn't try out for beater, their hopes of joining the team this year were only bottomless wishes.

[[OOC: To keep it organized and fast-moving, I would like each person to roll the dice for their chaser shots, but simply roleplay the beater position. And Vixen, you can just have Ryn be Bailey's assistant judge if you'd like.]]
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:59 pm
User Image

User Image
Listening as intently as was possible, Charlotte began to feel the nerves creep in again. She wanted so badly to join the Quidditch team, and she now realized that it took more than just skill. Teamwork, determination, and practice were all very necessary. She couldn't quite explain it, but she felt a certain respect for the sport that went beyond emotion. It coursed through her veins and strengthened her confidence. Without Quidditch, she would be a nobody, an ordinary witch who hadn't found her personality. With a sudden surge of decision, Charlotte realized she wouldn't lose this opportunity. Even if she didn't make Chaser, she would make the team. Nodding to her captain and idol, she grabbed her Firebolt and sped towards the ball chests, adrenaline now fueling her strength. Without hesitation, she had the beater's bat in her left hand, and was grasping the handle of her broom in her right. She now had altitude and an open pitch, and not much else was needed. As Aerynn let loose the dreaded bludgers, though, her lack of confidence turned to utter fear. She hadn't ever considered the beater position before, as she was small and light. The bludger had always been a weak spot for her. She vaguely remembered attending a match when she was little, and having been conked by a straying bludger. The memory was fuzzy, but it was still her most bold childhood memory.

Glancing around the pitch, she saw the other players taking their positions. She couldn't wait for her turn to shoot against Bailey, but she needed to focus on her current task. Seeing as the beater position was the only other open position, she needed to do well at it in order to have a fallback from Chaser. She swallowed as a bludger came a little too close to her shoulder blade, beads of sweat now forming on the nape of her neck. I can do this, she thought, not entirely convincing herself. She lifted her left arm as another bludger neared, and an earsplitting crack was heard at the impact. Charlotte nearly shouted with glee as the ball was propelled away from her, but she still kept in mind that it had been sheer luck. The real test was keeping the bludger away from her teammates. This would require much effort, and perhaps even a few sacrificial wipeouts. Charlotte gulped.

Briefly, she made eye contact with Bailey. In a few quick seconds, she pried into the eyes of the girl she looked up to, seeking reassurance... approval... anything that the seventh year would offer...

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:58 pm
POISON IVORY

Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff
"We need not look into the future, because today is what we should be worrying about"

User Image

Chaser

"I guess I shall go first," he said to Bailey. He had been waiting for this moment for quite awhile, and nothing was going to stop him. He took the Quaffle in his hand and just stared at it for a brief moment. He finally looked up again, a serious face enshrouding his happy nature, and a thought shot through his head, "I am ready!" He looked at his opponent, a beautiful brunette with years of experience, and decided his approach. He was on the ground, but images of three different approaches had shot through his head like bullets. Then, three unique shot types had gone through his head. He paired one approach with a shot type, then the full picture played through his head like a movie. He had decided to take a fast approach, swerve left about twenty meters before the goalpost, and at a high speed, kick his right leg back and c**k back his left arm. The only thing he has to do then is shoot the Quaffle with accuracy. The kick-back alone, along with the c**k-back will make the shot velocity higher, for the torque is higher. The shot was going to be taken left-handed, but he felt more confident about his accuracy left-handed. He always shot more accurate left-handed than right.

He now looked over at his friends, who were getting their equipment. He saw his new friend Charlotte fly in the air with a bludger bat, but this did not falter his concentration. He awaited for the bludgers to be released. He was actually glad to be attacked by a bludger again. It really reminded him of home, which featured him having to dodge bludgers non-stop because his brother would let them come after him.

"Alright I think I am ready to go," he said, slipping his left hand glove on. He was fully-suited. He had not been in chaser gear for a very long time, making another memory of his go through his head. All his years of constantly watching his brother's tactics led to this moment. He rose up into the air, focused on the task at hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beater

Devin flew through the air, Bludger bat in hand, confident in his beater skill. Back at home, he played beater in their town pick-up games. He flew around, at a slower-paced speed, so he can key on the bludgers that were flying around aimlessly. He laughed as he had seen one of the bludgers flying violently at him. He awaited the perfect time to shift. The bludger came closer and closer. Right before it hit him, he shifted left, swung the bat as hard as he could, and connected square-on with the bludger. He hit the bludger towards his target, which was one of the flags on top of the stands. The bludger had gotten tied up in the flag. It was trying to fight it's way out of the flag. Devin flew up to the flag and released the bludger so it would not rip the flag. It flew away from him quickly toward the others.

"Oh bludger, how I have missed you," he said, laughing at his memories.

Mood: Focused Class: Quidditch Pitch Relationship Status: Single

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:57 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

Jane's head pounded with absolute concentration. She needed this and looked at Bailey listened to her every word. She knew full well she needed more then skill, she needed to be good on a team.

ooc; sorry it is so short. I really am having trouble RPing today, sorry.
MADE BY PURPLEINATOR

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:38 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
"Let's see what you've got then, Cloud!" Bailey hollered back to her first opponent, positioning herself in a defensive stance. She may very well have played seeker since her second year at Hogwarts, but that didn't mean she wasn't capable of playing every other position if need be. After all, practice did make perfect.

Her baby browns flashed to the kids in the background as she waited for the boy to approach. She caught sight of Charlotte making good use of her beater's bat and her eyebrow's raised with surprise. Seeing as the girl had likely never played the part before now, blocking the crazed ball on her first try was highly impressive - especially for a girl her size.

She would certainly take into account the student's desires for positions, but in the end, they would be placed where they fit best. Her eyes shot back to Devin's and she watched as he readied himself to score.

[[OOC: Feel free to just roleplay each of your turns at chaser and beater in the same post without waiting for Bailey to acknowledge them. Just imagine. :3 Also, don't worry about getting hit by the bludger while you're playing chaser. Not enough time left in try-outs for hospital visits. xP]]
User Image
User Image

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 2, 9, 10, 7, 3, 10, 4, 5, 10 Total: 67 (10-100)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:01 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

User Image

Devin readied himself, making sure all his equipment was in order. He just hovered there for a brief second. He looked at his opponent briefly, hoping he could prove to her that he was capable. Finally, he started his approach. He kept that Quaffle tucked under his left arm

Devin went into a tucked position and wrapped himself around the broom so he could cut more wind, which would cause him to go faster. He rapidly approached the goal posts, a serious look upon his face. His heart raced, his breaths shortened, both events trying to get him more oxygen through his body. He was soon around 30 meters from the goal posts. At that moment, he cut left, causing a brief shock go through his body from the change of direction. After a millisecond, he was over it. He now got ready for his shot by sitting up on his broom, which took a severe amount of strength. He took the Quaffle from it's tucked position and held it against his left arm with his left hand. He cocked back his left hand, kicked back his right leg, and shot as hard as he can towards the center goal in a very fluent motion. The shot's velocity was extremely high and it headed towards the circle. He watched, wide-eyed as the shot flew towards the goal.

Mood: Pumped, Focused Class: Quidditch Pitch Relationship Status: Single

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Porcelaine Ivory rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 9, 4, 1, 1, 7, 3, 2, 5 Total: 44 (10-100)

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:19 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Bailey smirked to herself as Devin began to zig and zag continuously towards him. She slowly moved back and forth, trying to read his movements. She was rather impressed with his method of flying, but she kept that to herself as she prepared to block his shot. When his arm cocked back, she predicted the ball's destination, lunging in its direction in hopes of intercepting the speeding quaffle.
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:24 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Bailey realized too late that she had misread the throw. Her hand was nearly a foot short of even reaching the ball, and her cheeks blushed red as she dove to retrieve the quaffle. Taking a long route to allow her embarrassment to ease, she considered the skill required to make his shot unpredictable. Deciding she was more than satisfied with Devin's performance, she tossed the ball back to him and yelled, "I'll give you that one, Kiddo, but you're gonna have to prove that you can do that again!"
User Image
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Bug430 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 10, 1, 6, 1, 7, 6, 9, 2, 5, 2 Total: 49 (10-100)

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:42 pm
Devin Cloud
First Year- Hufflepuff

User Image Age:11 Height: 4'10" Weight: 100 lbs Birthday: 30 April

Devin laughed at her joke, catching the Quaffle as she tossed it to him.

"Alright, let's see what I can concoct this time," he told her confidently. She was actually pretty good at keeper, for she anticipated the shot direction perfectly, but she just misread the shot speed. It was probably the fact that she underestimated him. Now she knew his shot speed. He would have to use that to his advantage. He was going to fake the same exact shot, then switch the Quaffle over to his right hand, and gently toss the Quaffle into the left goal.

He started his approach, a focused look upon his face. He reached a very high speed once again. He then shifted his attention to the keeper briefly. He briefly thought of this shot.

"I hope she tries to jump this shot," he thought to himself. He was hoping to bank off a mental error. She would try to jump it by going to her left, but he'll switch at the last second and try to catch her flying that way.

He cut left, once again at a high speed. He cocked back his left arm, kicked back his right leg, physically replicating the shot he scored on previously, and started the fake shot. He then threw his left hand forward, causing it to seem as if he was shooting. Then, at the last second, he pulled the ball down with his right hand, and shot the Quaffle towards the left goal.

Mood: Pumped Class: Quidditch PitchRelationship Status: Single

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:47 pm
User Image
User Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Nevin walked slowly into the pitch. The tryouts had begun already. A sigh left him and he sat down on a nearby bench as he waited for an opening. He wondered if Bailey was going to be angry with him for being so late. Things had been a bit hectic as of late and it seemed as though he couldn't keep everything in order as usual. This year was turning out to be one of his worst in terms of time. At some point he planned to take Bailey on a date. That is, if she still was interested in him. He'd understand if she didn't like him anymore considering his lack of presence for most of the year.

His eyes watched the dark haired captain as she commanded and challenged the new players. He remembered his first tryouts. He had been so shy at first, yet once he got in the air all of that changed. He gave credit to Quidditch for giving him his confidence. That and he probably could knock out a normal person with the muscles he developed in his training. He chuckled lightly and continued to watch.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎ ≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

User Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
Porcelaine Ivory rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 5, 9, 1, 9, 5, 8, 4, 6 Total: 59 (10-100)

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:48 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
Again, Bailey prepared for the fast-approaching boy. She cased the goal posts, watching his movements and predicting the ball's direction. She saw the intense expression on his face - if only for a second - that said something more to her than it probably would to others. Using the speed of her Nimbus 3000 to her advantage, she raced to beat his speeding quaffle.
User Image
User Image

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games