Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:22 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Fourth Lesson: Baleful Brew
╚══════════════╝

Several silent flicks and flurries of his wand had led directions to be scribed upon the chalk board that stood at the forefront of the classroom adjacent the students desk. Today, bronze cauldrons were placed at the head of every desk, which, for this class, had transformed into a longer wooden table to accommodate all of the ingredients and materials deemed necessary. Hasty steps manually pushed a cart that he had prepared with all of the ingredients and measuring cups needed and several of the rarer ingredients were already bottled to the exact increment, as well.

”Today, we will begin with a little challenge, we’ll be learning the Baleful Brew, a powerful potion that will eradicate any sense of dread, fear, anxiety, worry or paranoia… Whoever completes the best potion, the quickest, may keep a small portion of it for themselves. I took the liberty of completing the first step for you which requires a twenty four hour preparation period. Before you begin, I would like you direct your attention to step number four.

“That step specifies that, as you stir the contents in the cauldron, you’re allowed to stir clockwise as many times as need be, it does not matter, but if you decide to stir counterclockwise during this step, you may only stir eighteen full circle strokes, at the most, and at the least, no more. So, you really don’t need to stir counterclockwise because of the risk involved, if you do it one too many times or less, then the chances of the potion brewing successfully are significantly reduced, but if you do decide to stir counterclockwise—remember, only eighteen strokes—and manage it successfully, it will actually increase the rate of success for the potion. Now, if nobody has any more questions, you may begin brewing….

And remember, the first one to bring me the perfect potion gets to keep a small portion, and the added bonus of twenty-five points to your house.”

Quote:
Turn to page sixteen in your textbooks.

[[[[[[OOC: Sorry for being late, my laptops been haywire lately…To determine the victor in this little contest, when you make your potion brewing post, you will also enable the roll dice, in the Post Action option found just above the Submit and Preview button. Select, 20 sided dice. Select, 1 # of dice to be rolled. The closest number to my number, which I (forgot) to roll now and can be found at the top of my next post, will be the winner.]]]]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

IceGrayWolf rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:25 am
User Image
Third Year Slytherin Pureblood Single

User Image

Feeling : Confused
Thoughts : I hope it won't burst throughout the whole room.....
Doing : Brewing
Where : Alchemy Classroom
With : Third Years; Professor Amorcho

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Serafina knew that she missed two classes in Alchemy, thus having trouble whether or now what she’ll do or say to the Professor. She hadn’t known it exactly either. But for two weeks she didn’t attend this class. She didn’t really know. She was interested, yes, but even she herself didn’t know the cause. Ugh.

Her head was down as she entered the classroom, simply wanting to make the Professor forget that she missed the last two classes. Hopefully, he wouldn’t remember. But then again, she wasn’t so sure. Listening to the professor with her book open to the correct page, and maybe writing down some notes, she tried to remember every detail that has to be made.

Following the steps on the book, the Slytherin stopped before the fourth step. She was having trouble on what to pick. If it be clockwise, she can stir it for like forever, but if it is counterclockwise, it is only for eighteen strokes. Having a mental debate in her mind, she just chose to stir counterclockwise. At least it’ll be only eighteen strokes. When she was stroking the fourteenth time, she felt curious on what the next step is. She took the doxy eggs and the aconite flowers near herself to avoid losing time. But when she diverted her attention back to the stirring, she had completely forgotten just how many strokes she already made. ”…..” Her look was calm, yet, deep in her mind, she was screaming and panicking.

What if she already did eighteen strokes?! What if she just did less?! The brunette didn’t have the courage to ask the Professor, seeing that she had already missed two classes, and now she can’t even make this thing right.

Sighing, and hoping for the best, Serafina simply followed the next step instead. The doxy eggs were in her palm as she gently tossed it inside, sprinkling the handful of aconite flowers later. As soon as the aconite flowers blended themselves into the mixture, the colors swapped into a bright blue-violet looking color, traces of pink hues around. At least the color and the pink shade was there. Not entirely, but it was close enough.

She followed the remaining steps obediently, brown eyes locked on the instructions then to the mixture. Finally, she was in the last and final step. As she added the last piece of the ingredients, which is the Powdered Unicorn Horn, she didn’t look at how the result was.

” I'll...umm, take my chances,” she mumbled to herself. For now, she was confused and stressed to even think of what happened to her potion.

Maybe she was just scared to know the outcome...

`•» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Out Of Cookies:I haz no idea on what number it is, so I'll leave it like this. But I still rolled a number >.<

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:36 am
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke entered and took a seat. Shockingly, he was actually determined to earn points, despite what a ruddy git for a relative thought of him. So he listened to the professor carefully, taking down notes on the potion they were supposed to brew. When he was finished, he started gathering the required ingredients. He began, adding each ingredient carefully and even making a face as he handled the livers, thinking that right about now would be a good time to have gloves. When he got to the point when he was supposed to stir, he paused, frowning. There was obviously no set way in which he was supposed to stir this, except for counterclockwise, but... He considered how many times he would have to stir and the success rate of the potion. He then shrugged, deciding that stirring counterclockwise would yield a better result. He counted mentally, making sure to use the edge of the cauldron as a guide for the circles. After all, the cauldrom itself was a circle, and when he got precisely eighteen, he got to work on the rest of the potion, measuring out each ingredient carefully and adding them in. After adding the final ingredient, he smiled in satisfaction as he saw the brew giving off a luminescent glow. Satisfied, he crossed his arms and sat back, thinking that he might have gotten it right. Maybe. He sat back and waited for the others to finish, confident he at least did it correctly.

User Image
State: Curious
OOC: ...

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

Yukina101 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi sat over by Luke and was shocked to see his lion friend actually paying attention. Usually he'd do all he could to not get points for his House so he had to wonder what it was about. But all thoughts of his friend went out the window when the professor told them they'd be brewing a potion causing the teen to groan and thump his head upon the desk. Since first year potions had been steadily becoming one of his more annoying classes, although Charms will always be top. And just hearing about step four made him want to collect his things and say "sayonara!" but the benefit of keeping the potion and the added one of a bunch of bonus points kept his behind firmly in the seat. So with deep breaths he collected all the needed ingredients and began. Tobi gave a silent gag as he poured and boiled the salamander blood then at the moment instructed he dropped the livers in and stirred in between them. Now he was at the dreaded step and was slightly conflicted. If he did clockwise he wouldn't exactly know when to stop, if he did counter he could practically destroy the whole classroom, decisions decisions...finally he decided what the hell and began to stir counterclockwise. He had a moment of brief panic when he reached eleven and almost forgot if he had counted eight but calmed himself as he reassured that he had. After eighteen strokes he stopped and dropped the egg and sprinkled the flowers feeling like a regular cook for all of five seconds. He blinked at the sudden change of his potion and wondered why of all thinks a pink fume was needed but hey, he didn't create the s**t. Tobi added the correct ounces and put watch on the desk to time him to ten minutes. He didn't even lounge or relax like he usually did during these times, afraid he'd accidentally do something and end up with tentacle appendages. Crap! Wasn't he supposed to do something? Looking over the instructions he cursed and began to combine and mix as instructed and thanked the heavens that he was on time to deposit the mixture into the cauldron. Finally he added the 1/5th cup antimony and milligram of unicorn horn and waited for the glow. To his surprise he got the spark and glow and sat back in his seat boneless, thank Gods that was over.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Alchemy (Tuesday - 8:00am to 8:45am)

David came into class and was excited like always to be in it. They would be doing a potion today no doubt he was worried about it. He sucked at potion making no doubt about that. However he wasn’t going to give up on the class just because of a potion. He’d put his best foot forward. The challenge sure did make the class interesting hopefully he could pull it off although that was iffy at best.

Listening to the specifics of the potion David tried to remember. He didn’t want to fail just on one simple potion. He just needed to work on it slowly. Getting to work David poured the salamander blood into his cauldron and set it to boil. Waiting six minutes he dropped the dragon liver in one at a time and then let sit and boil. 'When boiling stir in the asphodel, venomous tentacula, essence of dittany, flobberworm mucus mixture into the cauldron *only* stirring counterclockwise.' he read before following the instructions he read to himself once it boiled.

Watching his potion David smiled at his potion as it changed it the way it was supposed too. 'Once mixture has liquefied, stir clockwise as need be, but only stir counterclockwise eighteen strokes at the most, or least. (See Professor for Further Instruction)...' he continued to read. So that was what the professor was talking about. His first thought was to stir clockwise however counterclockwise seemed like a good idea. "Okay eighteen..." he said starting his counterclockwise motion and counting each turn till he got to eighteen.

Then David dropped in the doxy eggs and sprinkled in one handful of the aconite flowers. He watched as the potion changed to a vibrant violet. 'Pretty.' he thought before stirring in one ounce of crushed wormwood, and only six ounces of syrup of hellebore. 'Allow contents to boil for over ten minutes before stirring in five eel eyes.' David read as he got to boiling before stirring in the eel eyes.

Turning to a separate basin David combined scurvy grass and lovage flowers. Adding six ounces of syrup of hellebore into the mixture and stirring the ingredients until the solidity of the grass and flowers had melted into the compound he then add to the cauldron stirring counterclockwise. "Last step..." he muttered. 'Add a dash of molten antimony and the powdered unicorn horn.' David read doing so the potion then then sparked with a luminescent glow. He'd down a potion right by the looks of it for once.

With all that out of the way David handed in his potion. He was nervous but at lease he knew it was done correctly. For once maybe he did a potion right and with accuracy.

With: Alchemy class...

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Philosophers Stone
╚══════════════╝

Angel stood and adjusted his crisp tailored suit and grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand, and his name began to write itself out on the board and when the clock struck three, his wand had been brandished again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish for a fault, and continued in English once the majority of the students had arrived. ”Welcome to Alchemy, I am Professor Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, you may call me Professor Angel….

“Now, today we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. The Philosopher’s Stone can be used to create the Elixir of Life, to transform base metals into pure gold, and, power, but, only one stone created has ever been recorded into existence. created by the hands of Nicholas Flamel, and, Albus Dumbledore....

“Now, can any one of you tell me the crucial events leading up to the destruction of the Philosopher’s Stone in the year nineteen-ninety two, and please, state your name, as well?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Third Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin sat in class quietly, his sharp eyes studying the Professor as he spoke. Ah, yes.. the legendary Philosopher's Stone. Edajin had read all about it's properties.. Though he couldn't in his wildest dreams decipher how to make one. Still, in all his readings, he had discovered some of what the Professor was asking. "My name is Edajin Tarot.. The stone was being sought after by Lord Voldemort. He had been reduced to a shadow of his previous life when he attacked Harry Potter as a baby, and he wanted it restored to him... He wanted to be immortal so he could rise to power again. Albus Dumbledore hid the stone in the school, but after Voldemort almost got it, it was destroyed for safety reasons... So it could never be abused."

With: The Class

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:05 pm
Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book
Half unread
I just wanna be laughed at, laughed with
Just because I wanna feel weightless
And that should be enough
But I'm stuck in this stupid rut
Waiting on a second hand pick me up

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Third Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: content] [thinking: how does he pronounce it, again?] [with: Third Years] [at: Alchemy]

Uriel sat silently, mouthing the professor's surname to himself in an attempt to pronounce it correctly. Edajin had pretty much summed up everything he might have said in his reply, and he was fine with just listening and taking notes. He'd never been comfortable being the first one to speak up in a class.

I don't wanna dream anymore.

I'm over, getting older
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching
While the minutes pass and I go nowhere
And this is my reaction to everything I fear
'Cause I've been going crazy
I don't want to waste another minute here

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:44 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson: Philosophers Stone
╚══════════════╝

He moved to lean against the edge of his desk, nodding along to the young Slytherin’s unique response, not many mentioned the reasons for conquest so much as the conquest itself, interesting. ”Yes, well done, ten points too Slytherin.” He nodded again, filing off the students name in his memory. ”The stone was hidden under a trap door in an abandoned classroom on the third floor corridor; it was guarded by several different traps, riddles and tasks by the professors of Hogwarts and kept within the Mirror of Erised, which was infamous for its ability to show your hearts greatest desire. Dumbledore’s enchantments had safeguarded the stone within in a way so that only those who wanted the stone, but didn’t want to use it, may take it from the mirror. It was because of that one last and final provision set forth that had enabled Mr. Harry Potter to save the stone…

“Now, here’s a tricky one, and you’re very free to search in your textbooks, Absolutely, Alchemy By Marin Bratsch if you’d like. Can anyone tell me what was necessary to create the Elixir of Life using the Philosophers Stone?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:26 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Edajin's interest was piqued when the Professor mentioned that their textbook told them how the Elixir of Life was made. How curious... Flipping open his book, he rifled through the pages until he found it.. silently raising his hand to offer up the answer, reading directly from the text. "The Elixir of Life must contain the four elements (fire, earth, air and water) plus the three principles of animal, vegetable and prima materia (tan). To work with these ingredients many thought it was necessary to use crocodile livers, human skeletons, mandrake roots, and gall bladders of antelopes as well as other bizarre ingredients. The alchemists believed that all metals were made up of mercury and sulfur, in different proportions and degrees of purity. Mercury was also known as quicksilver or unicorn blood and was used to make red mercury oxide by heating it in a solution of nitric acid. The prima materia or tan is thought to be the mineral cinnabar, or mercury sulfide, also known as Dragons Blood." Letting out a low whistle, his eyes flicked over the page, trying to absorb all that he'd just read. ".. It sounds like a very complicated formula.."

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:38 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson Philosophers Stone/Second Lesson: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

”Exactly, right, Mister Tarot, well done, that’ll be another ten points for Slytherin. “ The professor nodded with an excited gleam in his dark brown eyes. ”Complicated would not even begin to explain it, because in those days, alchemists were very secretive, some might even say paranoid, to a point. In recorded texts and by word of mouth, alchemists would use very general, very vague wording, such as dragons blood, and quicksilver, because back then, they didn’t want you to know if they actually meant unicorns blood or the actual element of mercury, or the real blood of a dragon or the mercury sulfide. It was to dissuade the callous and negligent of heart from acquiring such texts. The most infamous of these was the Emerald Tablet, which is today regarded as the building blocks of alchemy and its teachings, and is reputed to contain the actual secrets of the prima material and its transmutations, in which to create the Philosophers Stone.” He was rambling on now, he realized, and quickly glanced at his watch. ”Well, that’ll be all for today. Before you come to next class, might I suggest reading the first chapter of your textbooks to familiarize yourself with the world of alchemy, because next lesson, we’ll be learning a new spell.”

*~* *~* *~* *~* *~*
Next Lesson

Quote:

Page Nine in Absolutely, Alchemy
Name of the spell: Corrumpo
Pronunciation of the spell: Corr-um-PEE-oh
Meaning behind the name: Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
Effects of the spell: This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
Wand movements required to perform properly: With a swift wrist, form a zigzag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
Distance requirement: Item must be within sight
Lasting effects: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today, we will be spell casting.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, in this class, you’ll learn that alchemy is a branch of magic that incorporates all other branches into one; the difference? Alchemical spells, potions, and transmutations are all deviations of spells to achieve enlightenment, but in the end, the main, conclusive difference between alchemy and magic, is the period in which it was born. These spells we’re practicing now have been practiced for hundreds of years and have changed over those years. For instance, before metalwork had ever been invented there were nomadic alchemists that often dealt with the melting of iron ore or, for the process of separating iron ore from other minerals, gems, or fossils, and then revitalize it with a spell you’ll learn in next class, to use the pure iron ore in experimentations…

“Now, to begin, we will learn the Corrumpo spell, which, as I explained can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so repeat after me, with a swift wrist, guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much, then thrust the point of the wand at the target. Understand? Now, the incantation is fairly simple. If you’ll repeat after me, cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:46 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Nodding, Edajin withdrew his wand from his robes and looked toward the wrought iron chains upon his desk. Lifting the tip of his wand, he drew it left, then right, and left again, finally thrusting the tip of it at the black chains and speaking forcefully, "Corrumpio." He watched as a rusty red stain spread across the linked chain, the composition noticeably more brittle. Glancing up toward the Professor, he waited for comments.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:47 pm
Manage me, I'm a mess
Turn a page, I'm a book
Half unread
I just wanna be laughed at, laughed with
Just because I wanna feel weightless
And that should be enough
But I'm stuck in this stupid rut
Waiting on a second hand pick me up

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Third Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: content] [thinking: how does he pronounce it, again?] [with: Third Years] [at: Alchemy]

Uriel was realizing that Edajin was really good at Alchemy. Better than him, at least. Maybe he could manage this spell casting. He stared intently at the chain, and tried his best to do the correct movement, jerking his wand in a zig zag motion and thrusting it at the chain. "Corr-um-PEE-oh." It seemed to twitch a little. A bit of flaky rust appeared.

I don't wanna dream anymore.

I'm over, getting older
Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
And I'm so sick of watching
While the minutes pass and I go nowhere
And this is my reaction to everything I fear
'Cause I've been going crazy
I don't want to waste another minute here

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:44 pm
User Image
User Image

I woke up it was 7. I waited till 11, just to figure out that no one would call.
I think I've got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them. What's another night all alone?
When you're spending everyday on your own... And here it goes,

Hunter looked at the chain that appeared before him, He had kept to himself this class not knowing that much about the Philosophers Stone, he was contempt just hearing the Professor. He held his wand and got ready and zig zagging and thrust. "Corr-um-PEE-oh." The chain started to rust and looking like time was going forwards.
I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare. I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair.
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is having more fun than me tonight.

What the f*ck is wrong with me? Don't fit in with anybody. How did this happen to me?
Wide awake I'm bored and I can't fall asleep, and every night is the worst night ever.

{Sorry I missed last week's post >.< It seems to be a curse to miss the first Alchemy}  

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 pm
=Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Inveratus Spell
╚══════════════╝

"Welcome back class, today, we will begin with the counter to last class's spell...

"The counter charm: inveratus, essentially does the opposite of your last spell, if you come across iron that’s rusted, this will do the trick to reverse the effects."
Juan stepped forward to demonstrate the wandwork, and the etymology behind the spell and then offered for the students to have a go on the rusted instruments on his desk."The trick, however, is not so much the wandwork (however that is just as important too) but the thing about this spell is to remember that the way it is written is not how it sounds,

"Inveratus, when pronounced correctly, sounds like in-VET-er-a-tus."
He nodded slowly and glanced around the room to assure himself everyone was keeping on track.

”So do be careful, this is rust, I’d advise you all to wear your gloves if you have them, if not, I have a box full right here you can use.”

The board
turn to page 10 in your textbooks.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   
Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items