Welcome to Gaia! ::

Odd One Out

Back to Guilds

The sweet little slice of Gaia reserved for the bizarre, twisted, and/or bored. 

Tags: Random, Debate, Discussion, Chat, Competitions 

Reply Main Forum
-- New Member Welcome -- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nerdy Oatmeal

Super Noob

12,790 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 am
Funkyblueeyes
Nerdy Oatmeal
Funkyblueeyes
Nerdy Oatmeal
Funkyblueeyes
Nerdy Oatmeal
Heyo! I'm Nerdy Oatmeal. Most people just call me Nerdy or Oat. Either one works. I'm new here, obviously, but I've been on Gaia for almost four years. I like to write... and I like to draw but I'm not the best at it. (I can't draw people to save my life xP) I'm currently a sophomore in high school...

I like anime. I would list which ones I've watched but that would take up a whole entire page in and of itself. Um... I also like Doctor Who but I'm not caught up yet. I'm on the Tenth Doctor. I like LOTR and the Hobbit. And I like the Avengers... And Adventure Time. I like a lot of stuff... OH! And I'm Pagan... I don't have a specific deity that I follow like some Pagans do but I do have a specific pantheon... Sort of... It's complicated. If you wanna ask about it you can.

Neat! I also love adventure time, but I'm not caught up on it. You have quite the wide array of interests 3nodding

We have an art subforum if you wanna show stuff you drew or get advice ^_^ I'm just about to graduate from university for that stuff so I'm always happy to help as well.
I looooove drawings ^_^

Yeahhh... See, I don't really get out of the house much... So... I end up just puttering around and watching Doctor Who or something like that. I'm not caught up on Adventure Time either, now that I think about it... I'm not caught up on a TON of my shows.

Really? That's cool. I've considered going to college for drawing... But, then again, I consider majoring in a TON of different art stuff. I like any kind of art. I normally end up drawing abstract or still life though. I don't really draw people very well... sweatdrop

Well it depends on what you want to do with the rest of your life, and how many funds you have for college.

Abstract stuff is awesome, and there are post-secondary courses for it, but in the end you're unlikely to make a career of it.
Practical stuff will get you paid, but it would require a broader knowledge of drawing.

If you have money, learn what you love. If you don't, compromise 3nodding

Yeah... See, my problem is I have a hard time deciding... Like, I love art. I like acting, drawing, cinematography, photography, writing, video effects, etc., but then I also REALLY love forensic sciences and biology... THERE'S JUST SO MUCH TO CHOOSE FROM!! I mean, I know I have two to three years to decide what I want to do... But the fact that I have to choose one over the other eventually is daunting... And, I mean, I know it's possible to do make one a hobby and the other an actually career... But it's just.. ugh...

Yeah, I was actually pretty scared of turning something I considered a hobby into a career. I didn't want to ruin something I enjoyed by making it a job.
But I think so far it's been the right choice. I can't imagine doing something I hate for the rest of my life =)

That's basically how I am right now... That's how I am with photography especially. I mean, I love it. I take pictures all the time and I've been told I'm quite good with a camera but I'm not sure if that's something I'd want to do every single day, you know? That'll probably remain a hobby for me. But then I also don't want to end up doing something I don't like... Like being in an office job. Unless it's at Google headquarters... Then I'd definitely want an office job. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:11 am
niceandhappy
Funkyblueeyes
niceandhappy
Hello there :3

Hi!
Thanks for the invite!

Absolutely. Thanks for accepting =)  

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

niceandhappy

Sweetest Fisher

33,515 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:12 am
Funkyblueeyes
niceandhappy
Funkyblueeyes
niceandhappy
Hello there :3

Hi!
Thanks for the invite!

Absolutely. Thanks for accepting =)
No problem :3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 am
Hellllllooooo!
Thank you for the invite! biggrin  

Perronia

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:36 am
Perronia
Hellllllooooo!
Thank you for the invite! biggrin

Thanks for joining! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:41 pm
hi hows everyone?  

DominiqueBabyBlueBay

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:42 pm
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
hi hows everyone?

Doing great! How about yourself?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:43 pm
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
hi hows everyone?

I'm good. I work at a movie theater. live in bethesda,maryland  

DominiqueBabyBlueBay

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:45 pm
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
hi hows everyone?

I've heard working in a theatre sucks pretty bad.
I go to university. I graduate in a month so I use gaia to procrastinate on all the stuff I should be doing xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:46 pm
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
hi hows everyone?

I go to university. I graduate in a month so I use gaia to procrastinate on all the stuff I should be doing xd

actually its fun I get to see movies for free. At least at my theatre its fun the managers care and the people are nice.  

DominiqueBabyBlueBay

Funkyblueeyes
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:48 pm
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
hi hows everyone?

actually its fun I get to see movies for free. At least at my theatre its fun the managers care and the people are nice.

Oh nice. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
The people I know here who've worked in theatres say that they're always forced to work later than their contract stipulates and that it's a really stressful job.

Good thing it's better for you over there in Maryland!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 pm
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
Funkyblueeyes
DominiqueBabyBlueBay
hi hows everyone?

Oh nice. I live near Vancouver, B.C.
The people I know here who've worked in theatres say that they're always forced to work later than their contract stipulates and that it's a really stressful job.

Good thing it's better for you over there in Maryland!

thanks  

DominiqueBabyBlueBay

Bin-Bin

Sparkly Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:50 pm
Hello, I'm 25. I just recently graduated from an art school. Now working as an intern editing photos which I should be working on right now..  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:51 pm
Bin-Bin
Hello, I'm 25. I just recently graduated from an art school. Now working as an intern editing photos which I should be working on right now..

hey  

DominiqueBabyBlueBay

Phanna

Lady Pants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:53 pm
Thanks so much for the invite!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers