Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Book of the Week Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Corrupted Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:01 pm
__X__Naomi__X__
Silent Dagger
Definitely Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Vampires, romance, and a bit of a thriller. They're really good.

Yeah, Twilight is a very good read.
when my friend first read the book she ould not let anyone touch the book.

I readi t twice in a week. I never read books twice.

This week I've started reading The Wind Singer by... I can't seem to remember the author.
It's a bit boring at the moment, I'm not very far into yet, but it seems comfusing because the author has made up his own little "Swear words"
My school library has nothing better to read that I haven't already read...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:39 pm
AerionDyseti
I recommend The Girl With The Silver Eyes for anyone interested in sci-fi/fantasy...

It's a simple book, middle school level, but still a fascinating read.

I loved that book as well. I read it in about a day; I stayed up until about two in the morning to finish it. I wish there were a sequel. I really want to know what happens next.

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley. Probably an older book, but it is incredible. The Hillfolk are so cool; it's unbelievable. And their horses are so well-trained. 4laugh  

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Orion Kenji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 pm
I'd have to say Eragon or Eldest. They're my favorites.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:40 pm
Stravaganza: City of Masks by Mary Hoffman  

kiiyytandco

5,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Full closet 200

NRaWRr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:23 pm
The one book that I do like is Blood and Chocolate I can't remember who it is by though :  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:46 pm
Eragon and Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials Triology.  

Meth Labs

Gunslinger19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:48 pm
You must read The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King....It is seven books long and awesome. I love the books. The first book is entitled "Gunslinger" hence my username. Even the number 19 in my username is significant in the series. It is a must read.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:49 pm
Rose_Wave
I'd have to say Eragon or Eldest. They're my favorites.

I quite agree  

Meth Labs

Meth Labs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:51 pm
Silent Dagger
__X__Naomi__X__
Silent Dagger
Definitely Twilight and New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Vampires, romance, and a bit of a thriller. They're really good.

Yeah, Twilight is a very good read.
when my friend first read the book she ould not let anyone touch the book.

I readi t twice in a week. I never read books twice.

This week I've started reading The Wind Singer by... I can't seem to remember the author.
It's a bit boring at the moment, I'm not very far into yet, but it seems comfusing because the author has made up his own little "Swear words"
My school library has nothing better to read that I haven't already read...

The Wind Singer is by William Nicholson, I have the triology.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:14 pm
Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

It is about the adolescence and adulthood of Elphaba Thropp aka the Wicked Witch of the West. I thought it was really amazing. If you've seen the musical or listen to it, do not even think that the storylines are similar. There is a lot more cynicism and politics than I even imagined, nothing flowery or bubbly about it at all. The musical and book are worlds apart, just to forewarn you.

-la reine des gitans-

Charles Arobin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:48 pm
All right, another shameless plug for Roger Zelazny, but he is a wonderful writer if you can read his writings. It takes a certain kind of intellegence to enjoy it, and if you pick it up and like it you will never put it down. I mean these books will haunt your life. I suggest starting off with one of his short story collections like Defender of Camelot, but if you like him then go out and buy The Great Book of Amber... I just must warn you, Roger Zelazny does not write endings... I mean I have read a lot of his books and not a single one made me happy at the end. I was always left craving more, wondering about loose ends, or wanting a sequel. Yes for several books I wanted a sequel, especially Jack of Shadows.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:05 am
Well, the last book I read was 'The Sound Of Laughter'. For all of you who are unfamiliar with this book, it is the autobiography of Peter Kay (An extremely humerous comedian from Bolton, England). It is a rib-tickling read and I highly recommend it.  

Shredderhs

Asami xFuzzyAngelx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:27 pm
Hmm.. The Truth About Forever I don't remember who it's by, but it's a great book, I couldn't put it down till 3 in the morning one day. That's just how good it is.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:44 am
Alright, to show that I'm a true geek, I have been reading a book called The Quark and the Jauguar by Murray Gell-Mann as can be found here.

I am only about 50 pages into it, but it describes ideas in math and physics in such a way that I'm not getting bored.  

HarlequinGoddess

DJ_blak jak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:54 pm
XChinaBelleX
Another fantastic 'children's' story is Peter Pan by James Barrie.
I agree!

Have you read the "official sequel" as it is called: Peter Pan in Scarlet? It is pretty good and faithful to the spirit of the original.

I prefer the original of course, pirate but the sequel brings new twists and turns and interesting sides to all our favorite characters. I would nominate it as book of week since it is relatively new (published Oct 2006).  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff