Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

”Absolutely, mate.” She nodded as a matter of fact, a soft chuckle highlighted past her lips at the surprise that shined in the redheads ivory features. ”Out of everyone, I think you’d best for it. I trust you, and I know Ronyo does; I’ve never heard of you doing anything out of line that wasn’t for a good cause.

“And to be honest, some of the younger students have gotten… brusque.”
                                  She paused, tiptoeing over her words carefully as her thoughts drifted to their first meet this year where she’d had to issue out detentions. That wasn’t exactly something she’d ever thought she’d had to do in her club. ”If anyone can knock ‘em down a peg or two, I’m sure it’ll be you.” Her giggles lingered in the air. ”I’ve never had reason to call them in yet, but Professor Amorocho and Madame Montague are always available to help if you need them..

“And if you ever do need me, I won’t be too far! I’ll be opening up a dueling range in Hogsmeade this summer, probably won’t get it ready until the next school year, but I’ll only ever be an owl away most of the time.”

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Warm
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

”The Forgotten Weasley”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:09 pm
Who's gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Who's gonna HELP us SURVIVE
We're in the FIGHT of our LIVES
And we're not READY to DIE
Who's gonna FIGHT for the WEAK
Who's gonna MAKE 'em BELIEVE
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
SLYTHERIN FIFTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
It's just another war: Nervous | Just another family torn: First meeting... please don't end in chaos... | Just a step from the edge: No one | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

Marina took a deep breath as she regarded the court yard. She'd set up every shield she knew around the area, and marked off dueling rings with a piece of white chalk. A few dummies she'd rooted around in old classrooms and storage closets for were set up, faded and a bit tattered but ready for use. Now all she needed was people. Being in charge of something like this was entirely new to her, and she was a little worried about how people would react. A few of the members were older and more experienced than her, and telling older students what to do made her slightly uncomfortable. There was also the fact that Dominic, who was Belle's cousin and would seem like the logical choice for being appointed head of this club, was not, in fact, the head of this club. She was. Marina really, really hoped that he wouldn't be peeved at her about it. A pissed off Dominic Montague was the last thing she needed right now, with classes, and creepy letters, and worrying about her mum and dad, and now this... "Right. You can do this," she muttered to herself, putting her wand back up her sleeve and waiting for someone to arrive.

INTELLIGENCE without AMBITION is a BIRD without WINGS

I'm gonna FIGHT for what's RIGHT
Today I'm SPEAKING my MIND
And if it KILLS me TONIGHT
I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY
My VOICE will be heard TODAY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:54 pm
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Second Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin walked silently out onto the courtyard, looking around with surprise at all the Club President had put up. It looked very practical and official, like they would get a lot accomplished here. This was his first year in the Dueling Club, so he wasn't sure what to expect. Glancing toward the prefect of his house, he stepped forward quietly and decided to introduce himself. "Hello.. My name is Edajin Tarot. I just joined the club this year.."

With: Marina Aldred

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:03 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club

David headed off to the dueling club ready for another year of fun. He loved it and on top of Quidditch it kept him sane with all the school work. "Hey Marina ready to be leader?" he asked her. "Hello I'm David Clarisse." he introduced. "You're new right?" he asked him. "Cause you're going to love it." David told Edajin. He knew the kid was Yvette's brother but other than that nothing.

With: Dueling club

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:26 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi walked into the club a bit anxious and, despite his best intentions, nervous to what to expect. Joining the Dueling Club had been an almost spur of the moment thing, he had heard and seen the flyers for it and had thought back to the summer at the Carnival when he had dueled alongside the others. He figured that while he survived by the skin of his teeth it wouldn't be remiss to enhance his few skills. He saw a redhead that looked familar, another boy he'd never seen before, and David. He very nearly smacked himself when he saw the Gryffindor; if ever there was the embodiment of the lion spirit it was this guy and his little group of friends. It was no wonder Luke goes crazy some days! But still, Tobi put on a small grin while looking around at the rag-tag group. "So...this is the Duelin' Club right?" he asked curious.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:39 pm
User Image

Amanda joined the Club of Dueling about two years back; however, she never really made en effort to show up. The girl figured maybe participating in it this year would be a good thing. When she walked out to the courtyard, she noticed only three students were here. Curious, Amanda wondered which one Belle left in charge though it seemed as though Marina was left as the head of the club. She didn't leave the club to Dom? the sixth year wondered, but her face didn't show any sign of confusion. "Hey, Marina, Edajin," she said, nodding to each of her housemates. Then there was some younger, Gryffindor boy whom the sixteen year old neither met, nor cared to meet. She recognized his face from the club as well as from Quidditch, but the two never made any contact with each other. There was also some younger Hufflepuff student who Amanda recognized from Quidditch. Ugh, Puffs, she thought with a roll of her eyes. However, she knew there was no way she could escape them. Twenty five percent of the school belonged to that house, and while on holidays, she lived with her sister, who was a Puff in her days.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:40 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Eleven Years Old
First Year

User Image

He hadn’t at all planned this, not really. But he couldn’t deny that this coincidental occurrence couldn’t have been better. He almost wanted to laugh! The smallest, wavering smile fluttered on his lips when his eyes scanned the crowd that was slowly amassing in the courtyard under the clock tower. He hung back in the sidelines, his silence and observant eyes branded him as the first year he was. He knew they weren’t allowed to join, it only made sense. By all means, they should barely have any spells to their arsenal, at such a young age. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t watch—and he was definitely going to. Idly, he wondered where Sergio was, since the Italian hadn’t already gotten here. But then again, Kamenev’s had always been blessed with an internal clock that was always right on time.

Waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and disappointing.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:29 pm
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image
It's just another war: Nervous | Just another family torn: First meeting... please don't end in chaos... | Just a step from the edge: No one | Just another day in the world we live in: Clocktower Courtyard |

For some reason, Marina tensed suddenly, and turned her head slightly to see one of the first years she remembered from the feast watching off to the side. Geez, she was getting paranoid; it was just a little kid, after all. Of course, her eleven year old self would have hated to be thought of as a child, but she was fifteen now, and still a bit of a hypocrite. She turned back to the small group. "I guess this is everyone then. Right. I'm Marina Aldred, and yes, this is the Dueling Club for those of you who are new. This is my first year running things, so if I do something idiotic, you tell me. And in turn, I'll call you out if I see you acting like a moron. Deal?" She mentally counted heads. "I was going to have you guys pair off and do a short little practice duel, just to warm up... We've got an odd number, but that's fine. I'll just supervise, and if anyone needs help with anything, ask me. Look, try to keep things safe, and since this is just going to be a quick round of duels, don't go all out on each other and exhaust yourselves. No really nasty hexes or curses, no stupefying because if you fall back you'll crack your head open, and if you're not one hundred percent sure you can properly cast a spell, do not cast it. That's why we have test dummies. I don't want to have to run and get Madame Montague at the very first meeting. That's it, I guess. Have at each other." She took a few steps back, to allow them to figure out who was going to duel who. Hopefully this would not end it total chaos. Marina found herself standing in the massive shadow of the clock tower standing tall above them, and a chill crept up her spine, though she couldn't quite figure out why. Her brown eyes warily gazed out at the court yard, and barely glanced over the watching first year.

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius came to the club. He had debated on showing up not thinking he was welcome since his last club duel ended with him throwing a punch at a younger student."H-hey."He said as he took his spot away from others.

His mood was not doing well to begin with and how there are rumors about him being some psycho.

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:15 am
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

SlytherinPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio finally arrived at what he desired to see the most out of the school's attractions, and that was the dueling club. He wouldn't be able to participate, but it was alright. He found Dmitri, his closest friend here and sat next to him. "What have I missed mi amico?" he asked the boy, hoping to get filled in on whatever he did indeed miss.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

Essy ze Ninja

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Digital Static

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:19 am
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

First Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Eleven Years Old ~~~~Watching the Dueling Club

User Image

Amory had heard that the Dueling club was meeting in the courtyard today and so she made her way there. She knew that first years couldn't join, but that didn't mean they couldn't watch. As she entered the courtyard, she saw that they had already set up and gotten started. Shuffling over to the spectator's area, she noticed two other Slytherin first years who had come to watch, Dimitri and Sergio. Mory gave them both a respectful nod before looking back at the participants. The two other first years seemed to be having a conversation already and she wasn't about to interrupt. There was nothing she had to say to them at the moment anyway. As for the actual club members she only recognized the Slytherin prefect and Edajin in the small crowd. She didn't know that Edajin was interested in Dueling too, but then, why shouldn't he be?

User Image

Quote:
Essy ze Ninja

Quote:
Silver Eagle III

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:43 am
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Slytherin/Second Year/Single/Half-blood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Edajin listened in relative silence as Marina gave her little speech, then turned to the boy who had introduced himself as David. "I'll have a duel with you," he stated calmly as he drew out his wand. "I know some of the spells, but if there is any etiquette that I should be aware of, now is the time to tell me." If he was going to do this, he wanted to do it in a respectable fashion - especially with Amory and the other first years of his house watching.

With: David Clarisse

murruelecreuset

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 am
I've GOT a HERO
LIVING in ME

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD
User Image

Marina gave a slight, wary smile to Darius as he showed up. if she recalled correctly, he had quite the temper, and last year he'd thrown a punch at someone. Hopefully he was older and wiser by now; since she wasn't about to kick out a talented duelist. Besides, now they had an even number. "Darius, nice to see you. Why don't you and...Toby, right?" she turned to the third year Hufflepuff. "You guys pair up, and Amanda and I can go against each other." She offered the older blonde girl a small grin. "If that's alright with everyone." She was still getting the hang of telling people what to do. She didn't want to sound bossy or condescending. But honestly, she was looking forward to a good duel. And she hadn't dueled Amanda yet.

Yukina101

Xistund

kiska166

I will be READY to DIE
I've gotta FIGHT TODAY
To LIVE another DAY
SPEAKING my mind TODAY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:43 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi watched as more and more people joined them, some her somewhat recognized and others he had no idea who they were. He turned towards Marina as she started up the club and paired them off. He had only seen Darius on the Quidditch field but he supposed the Slytherin was alright. He walked over to the older boy with a small grin and outstretched his hand. "Hey, guess we're partners. Don' go easy on me cos I'm younger, alright?" he smirked.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius smiled a bit as the boy he was facing asked not to go easy on him. He took the boys hand and said."Even if you asked me to I would not."He of all people knew that your opponent would use every trick he could to gain the upper hand.

He moved back a bit and holding his wand to the ready said."When ever your ready we can start."His mind quickly thought of all the spells he knew and what would be effective to use.

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff