Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:18 pm
User Image
Lives: {❤} {❤} {❤}
Modifiers: (+2 Spotting/Catching)
*Note: 19 to Spot/22 to Catch*

Position: Playing Seeker

Chasing: 3/3
Catching: 1/2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cathy smiled at her friend and chuckled, "Ah, but I think I'm going to stick to chaser. I've seen how long seekers have to look for that thing or go around in circles trying to catch it, seems kind of boring after a while. Besides, everyone watches the chasers and seekers until near the end of the game anyways."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:16 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon watched both Danica and Cathy go after the snitch. He was over surprised as he hovered above the ground about how quickly they both spotted it. As he watched the chase he wondered if either of them would catch the snitch. It was usually hard for those who didn't play the position but he always had faith in his students.

When Danica caught the snitch Landon clapped his hands. "Well done both of you. Both of you could make fine Seekers. I'm impressed, not many managed to catch the snitch that quickly. Ten points to both Gryffindor and Hufflepuff for your performances today." he congratulated them both. "Though, I can understand not having an interest in the position Miss League. I too prefer the position of chaser." he added with a smile. "Now, with that I'd say you are both free to go. I'll see you next week to talk about our last two positions." Landon was happy to dismiss them early, especially after that performance.

* Time Skip *

Landon was excited for this lesson. Why? Because he was teaching his third years how to play the position he grew up playing. When they came in, he went straight to it a smile beaming on his face. "Hello class today I have two positions we're going to be covering Chaser, and Keeper. Why put the two together, well I figure since they are largely related to one another it's only fitting." he explained.

"Now, who can tell me about either position? Any takers?" Landon asked curiously. You could tell that he was overly enthusiastic about this lecture today. Almost makes you wonder if he played one of the positions they were discussing. Either way Landon was always his happiest teaching the class during this time.

With: my third year class

OOC: This class will run for two weeks so that everyone will have ample time to play both positions.

((Outfit in picture))

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:27 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

After their last lesson, Dani was really happy about coming out to the pitch to practice again. Today's lesson was dealing with the roles of the Chaser which she was very acquainted with, and that of the Keeper, a position she'd never even contemplated trying. When asked about the positions, Dani raised her hand, and replied, "The Chaser's job is to collect the Quaffle and throw it through the opposing goal hoops, while the opposing Chasers attempt to prevent one from doing so by stripping the Quaffle from the Chaser."

User Name: Graydon Ironshield
                                                      Character name: Danica Stewart
                                                      Year: Third
                                                      Years of Play: Two (Reserve Chaser One last season)
                                                      Advanced Flying I: Completed
                                                      Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      First Position Choice: Chaser
                                                      Second Position Choice: Seeker or Beater, whichever the team needs most.

OOC: Quidditch Data

AC: 14
                                                      Modifiers: +4 to Steal / Shoot the Quaffle
                                                      Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
                                                      Lives: (X) (X) (X)

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:02 pm
NEW YEAR!
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more then last and that he could teach them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

Wearing: Professional

OOC: Please note that if a student does not show up for class 10 points will be deducted from their house. Unless you are absent from the guild or reason is given for missing that class. First time a class is missed will be waved from point deduction.

RedEagleEye007
Benjamin Rivers-Blakely

murruelecreuset
Mira Mitchell

amo10690
Arianna Davenport

mc2
Seymour Benjamin Ryans

AlphaApex
Dylan Burgamy

Devlyn Maycry
Chase Morris

shabatha
Nina Vienna
Emily Vanadeth
Kaitlyn Estan
Vanessa Estan

Diamond Wales
Elijah Pemberton

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:48 pm
User Image

Arianna arrived to class and realized she was yet again the first one there. She giggled to herself as she realized how un-Gryffindor like that was. She held on tightly to the new broom in her hand wondering if they were going to be using them soon.

Soon enough the professor made his way to the pitch and began his lesson explaining they would be talking about Beaters today. She knew her sister played as a decent Beater but didn't know exactly a whole lot about the position. She raised her hand and offered the obvious answer, "The Beater's main job is to protect their team from Bludgers. They do so by hitting them away from their teammates back at the opposing players." It was a little more complicated than that but it was a start.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:22 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawThird Year13 Years OldSingle │ Chaser

Dylan walked out onto the field, seeing that only the Gryffindor girl Arianna was there at the moment. Once class had started and everyone had gathered, he looked to their professor and waited as he was finished talking. Looks like they'd be learning about beaters today. Now, he was no expert at Quidditch, but, seeing as he had been playing for a couple years, he liked to think he knew the basics, at least. Arianna had summed it up pretty well, so he wasn't sure what to say.

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
What:
Where:
With:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:25 pm
User Image
Lives:
Modifiers: SAME AS ABOVE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seymour Benjamin Ryans was feeling pretty good about quidditch, having finally gotten into a less tedious position like chaser (which he was okay with, but he had his sights on something that was less back and forth) and gotten the position of keeper. It sort of surprised him considering that the Russian captain for the team usually played that position. Thought the guy decided to move himself to beater, which Benjamin thought fit Kamenev better anyways considering the guy was fairly scary.

Which, speaking of beaters that was the topic for the day. Benjamin held the broom he earned from actually having half way decent attendance last year. Though, it wasn't like Benjamin disliked most of his classes, he just didn't see the bother to show up to every single one. He merely listened to the answers given by his classmates not bothering to add anything. Really why?

Translation: ...

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:15 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

"You are correct Arianna, 10 points to Gryffindor." Landon said glad that someone know something about a position other then the one they played. "A beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the one's most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

“Now I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit but don’t worry if that happens I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

OOC: Same rules as Quidditch. Use the skills you have if you've already applied for them before. If you don't have them click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills. If you have any questions just let me know. This class will end on Saturday, please post before then.

((Targets AC is 12))

RedEagleEye007
Benjamin Rivers-Blakely 0/1

murruelecreuset
Mira Mitchell 0/1

amo10690
Arianna Davenport 1/1

mc2
Seymour Benjamin Ryans 1/1

AlphaApex
Dylan Burgamy 1/1

Devlyn Maycry
Chase Morris 0/1

shabatha
Nina Vienna 0/1
Emily Vanadeth 0/1
Kaitlyn Estan 0/1
Vanessa Estan 0/1

Diamond Wales
Elijah Pemberton 0/1

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:46 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Advanced Flying (Friday : 10:00am - 11:00am)

Mira ran to class knowing she was late. Getting on the pitch when she heard they were going to be hitting bludgers clearly they were playing the position of beater. Going over to get a bat Mira knew she was in for it. "You're late Miss Mitchell." Landon told her calmly. "I'm sorry Professor it won't happen again." she replied hopping he'd let it slide. "Make sure that it doesn't. You know my rules I'll let it slide since it's the first week but next time I won't be so generous." he said handing her a bat. With a light nod Mira headed off to try her luck. Getting on her broom she took a swing trying to hit one of the targets.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: Total Roll: 23 (Hit)
3 or lower = miss, + 12 = Hit
Modifiers: +4 Hitting, +4 Shooting, +4 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Good Arm, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

amo10690 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:54 pm
User Image

Arianna smiled as she earned her house a few extra points. It helped that she knew the position of beater a little since not only had she tried it before but it was her younger sister's favorite spot. Ari grimaced slightly as she found out they would actually be playing the role assigned. When she tried out as a beater she really sucked at it. Hence, she became a chaser. The girl glanced around not entirely excited to make a fool of herself in front of everyone here. She mounted her broom and floated up high enough to line herself up with a target. She wound up and attempted to hit a bludger towards her target.

OOC: Need a 12 to Hit target
Total: 15
AC: 16
Modifiers: +4 Shooting, +4 Catching
Special Skills: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Lives [ ] [ ] [ ]  

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Deviled Dregs rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:24 am
User Image

User Image

third year║ ravenclaw ║ single ║ chaser

Dylan walked out onto the field for Advanced Flying, one of his best classes. Or so he thought. Today, they'd be playing beater, and he had absolutely no experience with that, other than being hit hard by bludgers. That always hurt. The only position he had experience in was chaser, and it wasn't like those skills would help him today. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders, grabbing a bludger and a bat, before gliding up into the air. He tossed the bludger up into the air, letting it fall to eye level before taking a swing.

He thought he had gotten a good shot off, but apparently not. The ball went soaring right past the target, missing completely.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:

Quote:

AC: 16
Position: Beater
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Deft Dodger
Modifiers: +4 to stealing
Hit/miss: miss
Final roll:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Third year|Ravenclaw|13

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin slipped in rather late, but he did just that...slipped in while the teacher wasn't looking. He was dealing with Mira as he did it and he rose up quickly on a broom and got into the air, only just realizing that they had to do beater...and they needed a bat...which meant he had to fly slowly over to Price. "Sorry I'm a little late professor. It won't happen again," he said to the man, before retrieving a bat and flying up.

Lining up his own target, he instantly went for the target aggressively. The bludger had come towards him and he swung at it. And of course, it missed...Ariana seemed to get the hang of it though. Wait if the ball is soft, that effects that physics. It won't fly as fast. Maybe if I put more torque on the swing the bludger will hit higher speed, because the kinetic energy transfer is higher,' he thought to himself...just putting the words 'if you swing harder, it'll go faster', in completely higher level terms. One would think that would be assumed, but of course, that's just how he thought.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Position: Chaser (Beater at the Moment)
Modifiers: +4 (Stealing Quaffle) +4 (Shooting Quaffle) (+2 to hitting bludger)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Roll: 8 (OOC: After like twenty four posts XD)
Final Roll #: 10
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm
(OOC: SMH, you think I'd be used to this by now)  
RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm
(OOC: Apparently refreshing deletes the roll part -_-. Don't mind me I'm very tired)  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:38 pm
NEW YEAR!
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "This year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. Now today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

OOC: Please note that if a student does not show up for class 10 points will be deducted from their house. Unless you are absent from the guild or reason is given for missing that class. First time a class is missed will be waved from point deduction.

SummerIsles
Rider Wilson

The Forgotten Weasley
Evander Lillantine
Prudence Lowery

The Beast and Harlot
Louis Addario

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash