Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
The Daily Dragon - School Newspaper - Open 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:00 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch VC

▬▬"I bought a big bag of potatoes, and it's growing eyes like crazy."▬▬

Yukon walked into the Dragon confident, he had been writing for the past 4 years, and last year had given some great advice (was loving your enemy good advice? sure!) Eion had beaten him there and Yukon walked up to him, "Hey Eion, I'm glad to see you here. You excited about this year? It'll be the first without August, time for us to really show what we can do. Let All our potatoes go forth and spring new potatoes." Did that make any sense, probably not, but potatoes. He grinned, and walked away from Eion, and took some forms from Annie.

"Hey Annie, congrats on being in charge this year! Looking forward to working with you again." Oh, he had accidentally picked up a writer and an editor form, well he wasn't going to be embarrassed and put it back down! Besides, maybe working under Annie wouldn't be as stressful as being under August, the kid was intimidating. Yukon had learned a lot while working with August though, it was decided, he would apply to be an editor and a writer.

Writer:
Name: Yukon Knolle
Year: Fifth
House: Hufflepuff
Any experience:years of writing for the Dragon
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: It's always good to go out and see what everyone is doing and writing about it
Do you have a preferred section?: advice and gossip
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Drama, Herbology, Quidditch
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

editor
Name: Yukon Knolle
Any experience: just studying under August, nothing specifically for editor
Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?: well tbh I accidentally picked up this form, and then thought it would be a good idea, teach others like August taught Eion and I.
Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief? Obviously
This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms? Of course!

▬▬"Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see."▬▬

Where & Who:
Thinking about:
Wearing:

addaellis

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:13 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx✵ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ✵ The Daily Dragon Managing Editor ✵ Art Club Member ✵ Muggleborn Witch ✵ girlfriend of Canaan Grey ✵
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Annie was absolutely delighted at the turn out for the Daily Dragon. However it was not necessarily surprising as the newspaper required quite a few hands on deck to turn out a successful paper. She was happy for it and she considered all that came her question on her confidence in who to turn the paper over to for next year and beyond settled in her head. August had given her great direction on it.

Yukon had not arrived at first, which was well enough as the sweet Weslyn found her and was full of eagerness like usual. It was refreshing and smiling, Annie said, "Not quite the story, but close enough. I mean he did pick me for this," She said blushing. She worried about botching it, but she was also confident she could achieve success in this, "Don't worry I have a moment. That sounds brilliant, all that hard work is going to make you a better artist for the Daily Dragon, and art club." Still smiling she noticed Yukon enter, "So, art club? Sounds like a friend-date then. Bring some of your favorites and maybe I'll try to find a few of mine to share too."

Waving, Annie said, "Eion, Yukon, can I borrow you two for a moment? I have an idea I want to bounce off you two first."

User Image
                                                          ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                          You're a lively one, for sure
                                                          Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                          Hm, this is a tough one
                                                          But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                          {OoC: }
                                                          Miss GryffindorK

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:12 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch VC

When Annie asked to speak to Yukon and Eion, Yukon... was confused. Why would she want to bounce ideas off the rising star duo? It would probably be okay, worse case scenario, she wanted to kick them out of the Dragon, and well... if that happened then they would just go start their own paper that would be better anyways. Pushing that to the back of his mind, Yukon went to Annie, and leaned his arm on Eion's shoulder. "What's up Annie? You going to All of a Spud-den kick us out?" He grinned, he had a potato pun opportunity, he had to take it.

OOC: Posted before Gryffie, with Gryffie persmission smile

addaellis

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Annie and Yukon
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Daily Dragon Intro Meeting
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder what's up?

Eion offered a small wave at Yukon when he entered, then a moment later Annie the new Head Editor called them over. What ideas could she possibly need to bounce off them? He looked over at Yukon, arguably one of his very best friends, who asked what was up, then made a doofy potato pun. "I hope not. We've been here for a long time." His voice was quiet, the darker haired boy genuinely nervous that that was Annie's exact intention. Eion shuffled nervously, looking between the other two.

mc2

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Mʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴡɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏᴜᴛsɪᴅᴇ, ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ, I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ
          I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"
          Eᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴇᴅ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀᴛᴏsᴘʜᴇʀᴇ
          Tᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍʏ ꜰᴀᴛʜᴇʀ, I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ
          Tᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇ ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
          I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴɢʀʏ, I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ɪs ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ
          Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀꜰʀᴀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
          Tʜɪs ɪs ᴍʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ sᴏ ʟɪsᴛᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, ɪᴛ's ᴏɴʟʏ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:20 am
⫸ Annabella Clodagh Sheehan ⫸ a.k.a. Annie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx✵ Hufflepuff Seventh Year ✵ The Daily Dragon Managing Editor ✵ Art Club Member ✵ Muggleborn Witch ✵ girlfriend of Canaan Grey ✵
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

When Yukon jokingly (oh dear she hoped so!) asked whether she was going to kick him and Eion out, it dawned on her she actually had the power to do something like that. She was actually in charge. It was one thing to form ideas over the summer for the Daily Dragon and talk about it with her family and Canaan but it was another thing to actually stand there and be in charge. She shook her head and said, "Besides the fact that I believe there is a place for everyone, it would be silly for me to get rid of two really, really talented members."

Trying to center her thoughts as she fussed with her floral shirt sleeve, before looking back at the two very seriously, "You both know me well enough to know me better than that... right?" She raised her brows waiting for an answer and said, "The thing is I really, really want the best for the Daily Dragon, and our audience, not just for this year but the future. The thing is I want to know your opinions on Co-leadership for the Daily Dragon and also your thoughts for this year too."

User Image
                                                          ------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                          You're a lively one, for sure
                                                          Kind and brave, unbridled optimism
                                                          Hm, this is a tough one
                                                          But... yes, I think, for you

Hufflepuff!
                                                          {OoC: }
                                                          Miss GryffindorK

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:03 pm
User Image
Eliza Ann Whitmore
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gryffindor Third Year Reserve Beater
Twin Thirteen Year Old Seer

User Image
                                                  Location : Daily Dragon - News Room

Eliza Ann had always liked photography. It was her way of showing her twin what he was missing out on. Like he was there but not. She also liked doing it for the newspaper. It was nice to use her favourite thing. It gave her an easy in at least. Upon walking in she headed over to the forms. Filling hers out as quickly as possible.

Name: Eliza Ann Whitmore
                                                  Year: Third Year
                                                  House: Gryffindor
                                                  Any experience: Hobby in my spare time & the two years I've been part of the paper.
                                                  Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: I like photography and I've been part of the daily dragon for two years now and loved it.
                                                  Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: Yes
                                                  This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

With that done, Eliza searched the room for some friends. Despite being apart of the daily dragon for several years, she was surprised she wasn’t better friends with Weslyn or Elaina for that matter who was happened to be a housemate. She really needed to make an effort. Walking over to the two girls, Eliza decided today was the day. “Hey Weslyn, Hey Elaina,” She greeted the two. “We ready for another year working for the paper?” She asked somewhat jokingly. After all they weren’t exactly being paid. This was for fun, but it was also very important.

Company : Fellow paper members... Elaina & Weslyn specifically

OOC : - - -

Yukina101
                                                  addaellis

You're looking for adventure, eh?
                                                  Well then, I know just where to put you
                                                  Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:12 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

third year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch watergirl

"So, art club? Sounds like a friend-date then. Bring some of your favorites and maybe I'll try to find a few of mine to share too."

Weslyn beamed when Annie not only seemed interested in seeing, but said the work would make her a better artist-- she sure hoped so! If Weslyn could be half the artist Annie was, she would be happy. Yeah. That would be enough. she thought, gathering her things and stammering that she’d be there if needed. She took a brownie as Annie went to talk to Yukon and Eion--whom she waved and smiled at since there wasn’t time for a proper greeting--and was settling in next to Ella from her year when Eliza greeted them.

”Hey Eliza,” she greeted. Wes cringed a little when Eliza reminded her this was a whole year-- Wes preferred the relaxed atmosphere of Art club more--but that was selfish. Even if most of her ideas had to be redrawn before publication, Wes was happy to help behind the scenes or help write and always felt a little giddy when they decided to use something she was involved in making. And she was improving! ”Yes! Ready to do our best!

”What about you two? Any ideas for articles or things?”
Weslyn flipped through her sketchbook of sea creatures and seascapes, but couldn’t honestly think of anything besides maybe interviewing a mermaid. She knew a friendly merman who would probably agree to it, but she also didn’t think anyone on the staff knew Mermish well enough to conduct the interview.

setting Daily Dragon || with Eliza and Elaina
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing blue overall dress + octopus knit hat
status New ideas?

//OOC: This is a link to the post in Flourish and Blotts where she finds the art book and thinks about the Daily Dragon things. I tried reiterating things but wanted to include it in case there’s something I should edit! Just let me know!
murruelecreuset

Yukina 101

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home
✿❀
~"Home" by Phillip Phillips, cover by Peter Hollens. .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff Sixth Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch VC ✾ Drama Enthusiast

Yukon kissed Aria farewell, right before he walked to his meeting spot with Eion, and to the Daily Dragon. As the two walked into the Dragon work room, Yukon threw his arm over Eion's shoulders, "Remember first year when I said we were the rising star duo, I think we've done it Eion. We are the Star Duo now. I couldn't be prouder of our work man." He began sorting all the forms, setting them out on the desk for their various members to grab when they got in. He looked at them and wondered, should he and Eion fill out the forms? They would be doing a little bit of everything, but as Co-Editors in Cheifs, that was their Job. He glanced at Eion, "Did you ever see if August or Annie filled out Dragon Entry forms when they were official editors?" Of course it wasn't surprsing, there would be some things they would just, have to figure out on their own, it would be fine. They were the Star Duo.

Writers:
[b]Name:[/b] [url=xx](name of student and link to profile)[/url]
[b]Year:[/b] (year)
[b]House:[/b] (house)
[b]Any experience:[/b] (list any experience student might have, if none say 'None')
[b]Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Do you have a preferred section?: [/b] (e.g. news, features, advice, gossip, quidditch, announcements)
[b]Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of:[/b] (list any clubs your student is involved in)
[b]Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:[/b] (yes or no)

Photographers:
[b]Any experience:[/b] (list any experience student might have, if none say 'None')
[b]Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?:[/b] (yes or no)
[b]This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?:[/b] (yes or no)

Artist(s):
[b]Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Please produce an example of your work[/b] (find a comic strip or actually draw something...or describe a drawing)

Editor:
[b]Year:[/b] (must be fourth year and above)
[b]Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
[b]Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief?[/b] (yes or no)
[b]This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms?[/b] (yes or no)

Where & Who: Yukon and Eion at the Dragon
Thinking about: How much more awesome could we be?
Wearing: Clothes

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? News Room
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Yukon
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening News Club
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This oughta be fun

Eion had gotten to the newsroom a little early, but he'd agreed to make their debut entrance alongside Yukon. They'd started together, and now they were running the club together. When Yukon got there and pushed open the door, Eion stepped alongside him, flinching a bit when Yukon wrapped an arm around him. "I do remember that! We made it to the top, now we're running the show." Eion watched Yukon for a moment, then set to work helping with the setup of the room.

He was distracted with scooting chairs around until Yukon spoke up about forms. "I hate to break it to ya, but I can barely see anything, much less remember." He laughed, then gestured vaguely at the forms. "In all honesty, I don't think we have to worry too much. We're lead editors, plus we know where we work best already." He shrugged a bit, running his hand through his ever-messy hair. Hopefully it wasn't to hard to be an editor.... especially when he could barely edit his own work.

Stefan Lee Salvatore"

I ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀᴡ Hᴀʟᴇʏ's ᴄᴏᴍᴇᴛ, sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ. Sʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴠᴇᴅ, sᴀɪᴅ, "Wʜʏ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:12 pm

fourth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club potato representative
Daily Dragon concept artist | Herbology Club flower fan || Quidditch watergirl

The Daily Dragon was where Weslyn had met Annie, and the place where she really discovered an interesting in art. Really Wes got more out of practicing and drawing in Art Class or Club than the Daily Dragon. But just as with Quidditch, this was just her busy normal routine by now.

”Good evening,” she greeted with a little relieved smile that she wasn’t too late. She’d been in the kitchen for the last two hours, trying to make sure that she didn’t embarrass the Daily Dragon cookie tradition with subpar cookies. Being Weslyn, they were of course, turtle cookies, with a side of gluten-free thumbprint cookies. ”Sorry they’re all knobby and mishappen...I tried to make them turtle-shaped turtle cookies and starfish-shaped jam dallops, but that...kind of failed. Sorry! I think they taste okay though?” Eden had said they were fine? He thought anything she made was great though. Maybe she should have tracked down Wren and gotten a grade from his impossible to please palette. Maybe she should have just done normal shaped one-flavor cookies.

Well, it was done now. She couldn’t very well hide them now. She traded the two small boxes for a form and took the table that she and Annie used to occupy, hoping Nasim, the other artist, would be along soon.

Name: Weslyn Knolle
Year: Fourth
Any experience: 3 years of Daily Dragon and Art club
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: Yukon and Eion are here smile
Please produce an example of your work Shark comic but drawn in a sketchy blob style.
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: yes

setting Daily Dragon Meeting, Fall 2051 || with Editors in Chief Yukon and Eion
appearance 4'10", 100 lbs || wearing occasionally glasses + flower knit hat + blue dress, smelling vaguely like cookies.
status Hopefully the cookies still taste good and the presentation isn't too ugly...

Miss GryffindorK

Hold on, hold on, so strong, time just carries on
And all that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain
✿❀
~"Brave" by Josh Groban, cover by Peter Hollens.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:23 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Daily Dragon Newsroom
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Uncomfortable Silence?
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Opening Daily Dragon
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? It's spookily quiet without people

Eion was pretty excited. It was the year he got to open up the Daily Dragon. Sure, Yukon would be right behind him, but it would be satisfying to be the one to open the doors. Hurrying to the room, he checked his watch, pausing to figure out exactly what time it was. Aha! He had a few minutes. Good. He pushed open the doors and turned on the lights. It was weird being the first one here. But he'd written himself a list of everything that needed doing.

Lights, check. Paperwork for all the jobs. On it. He set out all the stacks on the table, doing his best to make them all look neat and tidy. That was done. Lastly was to greet people. Oh. His checklist was a lot shorter than he remembered. Well, that was good. Eion stood behind the central table, shuffling anxiously between his feet. Hopefully people would join in soon so he wasn't just standing by himself.

Writers:
                                                                [b]Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                                [b]Do you have a preferred section?: [/b] (e.g. news, features, advice, gossip, quidditch, announcements)
                                                                [b]Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of:[/b] (list any clubs your student is involved in)
                                                                [b]Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?:[/b] (yes or no)

Photographers:
                                                                [b]Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                                [b]Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?:[/b] (yes or no)

Artist(s):
                                                                [b]Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                                [b]Please produce an example of your work[/b] (find a comic strip or actually draw something...or describe a drawing)

Editor:
                                                                [b]Year:[/b] (must be fourth year and above)
                                                                [b]Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?:[/b] (some good reasons would be welcome)
                                                                [b]Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief?[/b] (yes or no)
                                                                [b]This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms?[/b] (yes or no)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:14 pm
User Image
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch Captain ✾ Daily Dragon Editor ✾ Drama Enthusiast

▬▬"From the moment we met, I knew it was you."▬▬

Yukon was running late! He had told Eion he would meet with him before Dragon started to discuss things like future leadership, cool headlines for the year, and just about everything - a nice short managing editor meeting. Yukon ran to the room and slid in, stopping face to face with Eion. Yukon grinned, "Hello Eion Delacroix! My Star Partner! Whatever trouble are we going to get ourselves into this year with the paper? Any ideas yet?" He looked around and saw that Eion already had the paperwork out, and everything turned on - Eion was really on top of things this year. This was it, their last year - they had to have an excellent paper this year - to leave their mark on the world of Hogwarts.

He dug through his bag and set down his potato bottle on the desk - this time with only lime water - no vodka (may or may not be because he had misplaced the vodka). He then pulled out some parchment, a quill, and some ink and began jotting down previous members names, they would have to think on which of these would get the manager spot. Or maybe they could just decide on where their veterans did the best at. Either way, lists were going to be useful.

▬▬"Aria Siddall, you may have held my hand a short time, but you will hold my heart forever."▬▬

Where & Who: Yukon and Eion in the Dragon
Thinking about: Dragon is going to be good
Wearing: Jeans and a t-shirt with a happy tater on it
OOC:
Yukon seems unusually happy in this post - especially since losing Aria
This is just once instance; his life isn't all doom and gloom, it's jsut centered around it
some days are good, just right now most days are bad.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 pm
Heaven knows that I'm born too late for these ghosts that I chase
With these dreams, I inflate, painted skies in my brain
Every day, I'm Carl Sagan in space
To escape this old world, this old world

Grყffιᥒdor Fιfth YᥱᥲrExρᥱrιmᥱᥒtᥱrEᥣιzᥲ

ꕤ✦❀Ella was a woman on a mission this term. Having been on the paper for four years now, she figured she could at the very least apply for a small editor job. She knew the current chiefs were graduating and probably had someone else in mind but! The two of them were more than ample proof that two heads were better than one so maybe while she wouldn't be a co-leader she could at the very least help out whoever they chose. Plus she already had a few scoops already planned for the paper; Pietro was going to be convincing Professor Drage about his LARPing club (which she had every intention of joining so help her) and of course the usual spiel about cooking club (she really didn't need Cella on her tail more than usual) plus a piece of juicy news she heard about some dumb kids getting caught literally right after the welcome feast. Like geez even she waited at least a week before bothering her head of house.

Walking in, Ella spotted both co-captains already there and gave them a wave before heading over to fill out her forms. "Hey guys, I already got a few ideas on some articles annnd I brought my lucky screwdriver today so hopefully it only takes like, half the time to get the typewriters up and running." she grinned before eyeing one of the beasts so mentioned. As much as she enjoyed the aesthetic feel of actual typing on the machines they were a true pain in her arse when it came to maintenance and if she hadn't slapped her name on one of them a few years ago, she would've had to deal with someone taking the machine she had painstakingly mended to her needs and, well. Body bags were easy to transfigure but bodies were not. Then again she was pretty trash at transfiguration so it was probably just her.

Name: Elaina Lovette
Any experience: Four years as a writer and pretty much ten as a micromanager
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I like informing the uninformed masses as well as getting to ask questions others would consider nosy for a purpose.
Do you have a preferred section?: News, features, and/or announcements
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: Music and Adventure's Club
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: Yes
This position has a deadline, do you understand and can you abide by the deadlines given?: Yes

Name: Elaina Lovette
Any experience: As an editor? Besides proofreading a few friend's essays none. As a writer, roughly four for the newspaper
Why do you want to be an editor for the Daily Dragon?: I'm good at keeping on task, I keep good notes, I'm rather nitpicky about my work which can be a good thing in this case
Do you agree to having your own decisions checked upon by the Editor-in-Chief? Yes
This position includes staying late and a neutral standing among the writers and correspondents, can you agree to these terms? Yes

Some days I lie wide awake 'til the Sun hits my face
And I fade, elevate from the Earth
Far away to a place where I'm free from the weight
This old world, this old world

Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:46 am

fifth year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club potato representative
Herbology Club flower fan || Quidditch manager

Weslyn had brought up leaving the Daily Dragon to Yukon over the summer, but it wasn’t really official until she told both Editors in Chief. She had spent her Friday afternoon baking an assortment of cookies for the Daily Dragon opening day tradition, practicing her words and gathering her courage.

Finally, Wes headed to the club room. Last year, whenever Eden told her to just quit if she wasn’t feeling it, all Weslyn could think about was what if she had tried harder, what if she tried to do more. But today, standing in front of Yukon and Eion’s desk, Weslyn smiled. This was the desk Annie had shown her how to ink at. This was the desk she’d first learned about paneling. This was the desk Jonah and August used to argue at, nitpicking each sentence into literary genius.

Ella already seemed to be jumping straight into it, so Weslyn just set the box of cookies down and offered a small wave. "I’m just dropping these off," she explained. "My preferred drawing style is pretty specific, and better supported in the Art club. Nasim is a much better comic artist, and if you need something specific for a creatures or herbology feature or an artsy infographic, I’m still happy to help. I’ve learned a lot about journalistic design, but I think...this will be good. Alright. I'll let you get back to work then.”

Assuming there was nothing else Yukon or Eion needed of her, Weslyn headed out. For the first time in her years at Hogwarts, she was free on Friday evening.

setting Daily Dragon, Friday Evening. || withEion and Yukon. Also Ella!
appearance 5'0", petite || wearing glasses + Ruffly green skirt
status This is okay! This is better for everyone.

//OOC: Sorry I meant to post this earlier >.>" ANYWAYS, I wanted to post this because it's an important moment in Wes's character arc, where she stands up a little bit for what she wants and acknowledges her own strengths and decides something is not for her. No pressure to respond though. I don't want to interrupt actual club buisness!
Cinnabun Gryffie

Stefan Lee Salvatore

You can be amazing
You can turn a phrase into a weapon or a drug
You can be the outcast
Or be the backlash of somebody's lack of love
Or you can start speaking up
✿❀
~"Brave" by Sara Bareilles, cover by BYU Vocal Point

addaellis

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:10 am
JANE
ALPIN
EGAREVA

HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle |

Jane hadn’t known there was a school newspaper, but it sounded like fun, and a great way to meet people. She walked into the rom and took a cookie quietly. There was another student waving story ideas, and Weslyn came just to drop off cookies. Jane gave a short wave to her housemate and turned in a bunch of forms. ”Hello, I don’t really know what I’m doing so I filled in all the forms. I’ll just do whatever position you need thouh.”

Name: Jane Egareva
Year: 1
Any experience: None.
Why do you want to be a writer for the Daily Dragon?: I read the newspaper at home and think it would be cool to work with one
Do you have a preferred section?: no preference
Clubs you're affiliated with or informed of: language club, quidditch, still deciding.
Do you agree to have your writing reviewed and checked by editors before being published?: yes

Any experience: does taking selfies count?
Why do you want to be a photographer for the Daily Dragon?: Taking pictures is cool and if that’s what we need
Do you have your own camera and means to develop pictures?: I have a phone but don’t think it works

Any experience: I doodle
Why do you want to be an artist for the Daily Dragon?: My twin tells good jokes sometimes and I’d be happy to draw them.
Please produce an example of your work User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

OOC: Obviously not my art. Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson.
Stefan Lee Salvatore

Cinnabun Gryffie

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas