Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xa44s RPs

Back to Guilds

I do RPs 

Tags: Adventure, Fantasy 

Reply Xa44s RPs
Episode 3 planing stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:25 pm
Haru Yates
Terran would probably worship the goddess of the moon.

Good timing this world has 2 moons and 2 moon gods/goddess they are twins and the moons always mirror each other 10% and 90% full 30% and 70% full 50% and 50% full, etc.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:15 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Terran would probably worship the goddess of the moon.

Good timing this world has 2 moons and 2 moon gods/goddess they are twins and the moons always mirror each other 10% and 90% full 30% and 70% full 50% and 50u;ll, ect

Beautiful. Are they worshiped together? (I hope so!) That also means that there is always at least one moon in the night sky!
Have you established any lore or anything about the gods yet? I wana know anything that Terran might know. If you want me to give suggestions then let me know.  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:16 am
Haru Yates
Beautiful. Are they worshiped together?

Yes and a lot of people probably view [them] as 1 because of how close they are.

Haru Yates
Have you established any lore or anything about the gods yet? I wanna know anything that Terran might know. If you want me to give suggestions then let me know.

Not much yet. I literally just got the idea before you mentioned that moon god thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:21 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates
Beautiful. Are they worshiped together?

Yes and a lot of people probably view as 1 because of how close they are

Haru Yates
Have you established any lore or anything about the gods yet? I wana know anything that Terran might know. If you want me to give suggestions then let me know.

Not much yet I literally just got the idea before you mentioned that moon god thing

I was having a bit of a freak out there for a while because Gaia wasn't letting me sign in! (It was sort of just looping back to the welcome/splash page and not actually doing anything), but yay, it's fixed now! *phew*

lol, it's funny when that happens. It must be like some sort of telepathy or something! (half-joking. Yup, just half.)

Hmm... Do you imagine these moons as being about the same size then? (Because they are twins?) And do you think that they should both be feminine/female deities?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:42 pm
Haru Yates

Hmm... Do you imagine these moons as being about the same size then? (Because they are twins?) And do you think that they should both be feminine/female deities?

One is slightly biger but that one is also slightly farther away so they look the same size
And feel like a mix works better  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:53 pm
Xa44
Haru Yates

One is slightly biger but that one is also slightly farther away so they look the same size
And feel like a mix works better

Hmmm... I'm just trying to figure out how they might be worshipped and how the mythology might work...
If you still like the idea of them both constantly being in opposite moonphases (which I can not explain with physics), then one idea could be a legend of the moons devouring each other. (some ancient cultures believed it was the sun that would devour the moon, or that the moon would devour people.)
The only issue with this is that it makes them feel more like two separate deities in constant conflict rather than two deities worshipped equally as one. :/  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:08 pm
I actually like the idea of one moon being bigger than the other.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:16 pm
Haru Yates

I have some plans actually I'll make some lore about some items and connect thise to the gods like the 2 moon gods came together to make a sword and a shield to give to a chosen hero to do something and the relics where then lost and put them somewhere in the world for the party to find at some point, it also gives me a place to start with magical items but I need to get my list of 100 spells done first  

Xa44
Captain

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:03 pm
Xa44
I have some plans. Actually, I'll make some lore about some items and connect these to the gods like the 2 moon gods came together to make a sword and a shield to give to a chosen hero to do something and the relics where then lost and put them somewhere in the world for the party to find at some point, it also gives me a place to start with magical items but I need to get my list of 100 spells done first

For the spells, are we thinking 10 spells for each element? Like, drastically different spells?
Ok~. Want any help suggest ideas?

Mind if I offer suggestions and ideas for fun in the mean time for gods and mythology? (Who knows, maybe you'll find something that you can use or something. Or not, lol.)

I was gonna suggest that maybe the twin moon gods used to be one god that was split into two for whatever reason? Maybe they take turns watching over the night?
(Either way, if they are worshiped separately as well, than Terran would primarily worship the female goddess one.

I was also wondering about the other gods as well...
Does fertility fall under wood, love fall under light, war under fire, and farming under wood or earth?

What about a creation story of sorts? irl, there were many ancient beliefs of the gods being born or hatched out of a world egg, and then they proceed to create the heavens and earth, other gods, etc... Just throwing that out there.

One more question: Is there a god for each of the four seasons as well? (If that's unconfirmed then that's ok too.)

Also, the summer solstice (longest day of the year) and winter solstice (shortest day of the year) should probably still be celebrated. The winter solstice would be important for anybody worshiping the sun and moons/night, as the days leading up to Dec. 25th are said to be the darkest nights (or the shortest days) of the year. It was also celebrated as the birth of the sun in ancient times.

Not sure if that inspires you or not, lol. (sorry for the many questions again!)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:14 pm
Xa44

Sorry, but I've got one more to ask:
Any idea if Strikxr has anything in mind for her OC/character(s) yet?  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm
Haru Yates
[For the spells, are we thinking 10 spells for each element? Like, drastically different spells?
Ok~. Want any help suggest ideas?

Meh and its 100/whatever the number of elements are and the remainder go to arcain(because arcain does things and needs more spells)

Haru Yates
Mind if I offer suggestions and ideas for fun in the mean time for gods and mythology? (Who knows, maybe you'll find something that you can use or something. Or not, lol.)

Sure that can makes this RP not take forever to plan

Haru Yates
I was gonna suggest that maybe the twin moon gods used to be one god that was split into two for whatever reason? Maybe they take turns watching over the night?
(Either way, if they are worshiped separately as well, than Terran would primarily worship the female goddess one.

I would say that they are so deeply connected that they might be one(like sharing thoughts and feeling tge same things as the other)

Haru Yates
I was also wondering about the other gods as well...
Does fertility fall under wood, love fall under light, war under fire, and farming under wood or earth?

Those will all have there own gods/goddess, well farming would fall under the goddess of nature, also if that was the case love would be more of an arcain thing(in Urealms charm is represented by the arcain symbol)

Haru Yates
What about a creation story of sorts? irl, there were many ancient beliefs of the gods being born or hatched out of a world egg, and then they proceed to create the heavens and earth, other gods, etc... Just throwing that out there.

The world just happened one day and the gods ruled over there thing

Haru Yates
One more question: Is there a god for each of the four seasons as well? (If that's unconfirmed then that's ok too.)

Say just 1 for all 4 works better for making magical items

Haru Yates
Also, the summer solstice (longest day of the year) and winter solstice (shortest day of the year) should probably still be celebrated. The winter solstice would be important for anybody worshiping the sun and moons/night, as the days leading up to Dec. 25th are said to be the darkest nights (or the shortest days) of the year. It was also celebrated as the birth of the sun in ancient times.

Yeah makes sense(this RP might take years of in world time soooooooo(good this is going to be a big project))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:15 pm
Haru Yates

I don't think she even knows this is in the works, I would like to get some new people in because of that so if you know anybody feel free to jump in  

Xa44
Captain

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:30 pm
Haru Yates

List of all dark spells(tried to keep things simple)

DARK
(1)Conjure Shadow- create a shadow, or manipulate existing shadows
(2)Tangling Shadows- stop a target from moving
(3)Shadow Cloak- cover an area in Shadows that the caster can see clearly in
(4)Form of Shadow- temporarily become a Shadow
(5)Disarming Darknes- use Shadows to stop a target from using physical attacks
(6)Vampiric Prison- target a creature and trap it for a small amount of time and absorb HP from it over time
(7)Shadow Dart- summon a group of darts to then throw at enemys
(8 )Shardow Blade- make tools out of shardows
(9)Seal Spell- target temporarily can't cast spells
(10)Allusion- create an allusion to confuse a target
(11)Plague- touch a target and apply blind and poison  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 am
Xa44
Meh and its 100/whatever the number of elements are and the remainder go to arcain(because arcain does things and needs more spells)

Actually, I like to think of arcane as being something like "creation energy" and/or a non-elemental "force energy". This may make more sense if you consider the fact that a lot of ancient mythology says that before the gods and the earth and the heavens existed, there was nothing but the primordial chaos (or an endless void). From it, the gods and the earth and sky, etc, were born. This could also suggest that the god of chaos and arcane magic is the oldest of the gods.

Xa44
Haru Yates

The world just happened one day and the gods ruled over there thing

Feels kinda like a weird story book if we do that.
Could it be that the world is so ancient that the creation story is lost?

Xa44
Haru Yates

Those will all have there own gods/goddess, well farming would fall under the goddess of nature, also if that was the case love would be more of an arcane thing(in Urealms charm is represented by the arcane symbol)

A charm spell is more than likely considered arcane because it is an enchantment, in a sense. It may be more closely linked to "lust" than to true unconditional love, and it is generally cast to seduce, confuse, or captivate someone. ("Enthrall", which can also mean "enslave", is a synonym of charm.)

True love is like passionate flame, and thus has been associated with fire at times... Maybe we should just assume that love is just love for now and figure out that technicality later. ^_^

Also, do we have a pantheon of gods like in Greek and Norse mythology, where the gods have relationships, children, parties, and other stuff like that? (such as the wind god and earth god having a child that would become the god of sandstorms or something complicated like that?) Or does each god stand alone and simply govern over their own domain, only rarely interacting with other gods and goddesses?

Xa44
Haru Yates

Say just 1 for all 4 works better for making magical items

lol, like a god of change, law, and justice. (Acting as a mediator between the sun/fire[summer], moon/frost [winter], earth/air [fall], and wood/water [spring]? ... )
Maybe no pantheon then, lol.

Xa44
Haru Yates

I don't think she even knows this is in the works, I would like to get some new people in because of that so if you know anybody feel free to jump in

If Strikxr wants to be in on the RP, it might be a good idea if she at least creates a character and lets you know if her character has any goals or expectations for the RP. That way, you can involve their character in the story better and anchor their character in the world you're creating by involving them and their lives. (Kinda like how I worked with you to integrate Terran into the RP world, and now he's a revivalist instead of a petty thief! lol)

I asked my little sister if she would join. She said it sounds interesting and that she'll check it out! I'll send her a guild join request once she's got a Gaia account set up.

Xa44
List of all dark spells (tried to keep things simple):

DARK
(1)Conjure Shadow- create a shadow, or manipulate existing shadows
(2)Tangling Shadows- stop a target from moving
(3)Shadow Cloak- cover an area in Shadows that the caster can see clearly in
(4)Form of Shadow- temporarily become a Shadow
(5)Disarming Darkness- use Shadows to stop a target from using physical attacks
(6)Vampiric Prison- target a creature and trap it for a small amount of time and absorb HP from it over time
(7)Shadow Dart- summon a group of darts to then throw at enemies
(8 )Shadow Blade- make tools out of shadows
(9)Seal Spell- target temporarily can't cast spells
(10)Illusion- create an illusion to confuse a target
(11)Plague- touch a target and apply blind and poison

For the most part, illusions feel more arcane than darkness to me. (Darkness is more to play tricks with the light, but that's not necessarily strong enough to be considered illusions.) "Delusions" are probably more up darkness's alley, although delusions tend to fall under "madness" (see below) more.

That isn't a conclusive list, right? Darkness magic isn't strictly just these spells, right? Most of Terran's spells are specifically shadow magic (requiring a source of light, as shadows loose their form in complete darkness), but there should be other darker spells too. Here's a couple more suggestions:

Curse - target is cursed and a countdown begins. As time decreases, the target becomes weaker. When 3/4 of the countdown has passed, the target falls unconscious. When the countdown reaches zero, the target dies. Countdown must be a minimum of 24 hours, and target must be cured before the countdown reaches zero.
      (Alternate versions:
      Death (darkness): As above, but without rendering the target unconscious until moments before the countdown ends.
      Curse (arcane): As above, but target falls into an enchanted eternal sleep rather than dies. This spell requires less countdown time than the death variant.)

Choke/Black Hole Creates a vacuum resembling a weak but stable black hole. Draws in all matter within a certain radius, causing it to compress and implode within the black hole. Ending this spell simply causes the black hole to burn out and vanish along with whatever was sucked in.

Rift - Opens a rift to the void, banishing whatever is sucked in to the black void. Banished creatures remain in a suspended state while in the void. They do not age, nor do they require breath, sleep, or sustenance. They are aware of where they are, but unaware of the time that passes. (one minute an feel like 10 seconds or an eternity to the person trapped.) This spell requires a sacrifice. Creatures banished to the void may be summoned back to the material world using certain arcane rituals.

Madness - See table here. Affects the target's mental constitution and behaviour/outlook.
      (Note: Shadow Prison/Vampiric Prison inflicts similar conditions on targets, but does so by depriving them of light, and is considered "deprivation", rather than madness. The longer the target remains deprived, the more difficult it is to cure. This applies to targets being transported in this way as well.)

Dark Necromancy/Reanimation - the ability to raise a corpse from it's grave. The corpse is usually soulless and mindless, however, it can be made to contain a soul to strengthen it's constitution, (be it that of the original body, or an entirely unrelated soul). Beings raised in this manner have no free will of their own, (they are usually unaware of what they are doing, if capable of emotion at all), and any souls that are placed within a corpse through this method are enslaved to power the animated corpse.

For Arcane, you might want to consider something like "Magic fire". This can be something like a green flame that can not be extinguished by the elements. It must be dispelled by magic, items, or by completing certain requirements. (usually by magic, though.) Magic fire is enchanted; it can not be extinguished by wind or water, nor by shadow magic. It gives off no heat, but it can function as (or as part of) a barrier. It does not burn wood, nor does it spread. It burns the soul, rather than the skin. (Thus, one might expect to feel a burning sensation when one touches it, but there is no physical mark left upon the flesh.)
Spells like "Mimic", and things that have been synthesized through alchemy or with chemicals would also fall under Arcane's domain, as it is to do with items. Things that do not rightfully fall under the domains of the other elements, such as "fairy dust", which have attributes that cause sleep, confusion, charm, illusions, divination and the ability to see visions (of the future and past), as well as the ability to influence and momentarily control time, should also fall under arcane's domain. Same with any other psychic-based powers, such as psionics and psychokinesis, telekinesis, remote viewing, and speaking with dead/spirits, (which is not intended to be the same thing as speaking with earthbound ghosts). This means that necromancy, by definition, also falls under arcane for the sake of communication. (not to return a soul to a body, but to communicate with it.) Animation, or the ability to animate puppets and other items/objects, should also be arcane.This may involve the transfer of soul/consciousness, or simply animating a toy, which may or may not develop a consciousness of it's own as a result. (The Darkness version/equivalent of necromancy is "Reanimation.) Animated beings with consciousness can not do anything they do not wish to do. Arcane should also cover most forms of transformation magic, (especially transformations into animals, objects, and things like shikigami), and ritual casting

Hopefully, that gives you some more ideas for spell (especially for Arcane. It's a rather large field of magic, with many of it's spells causing status ailments, weakening abilities, strengthening abilities, enchantments and item lore.)
(Was I helpful? emotion_awesome )  

Haru Yates
Vice Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xa44
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:48 pm
Haru Yates

For arcane I have more than enough ideas, and as is that all spells I think no I will be giving each element 100 spells but 1 thing I will not be having a black hole as a spell that anyone can use I will be giving each element a legendary spell that could be a black hole but might not because thats not a fun ability  
Xa44s RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff