Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
Graveyard Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:48 pm
Again her pulse quickened, her eyes narrowing at the creature that stood under the arch. "True, I do have an ancestor here. But I can assure you, he's not in these walls." She stopped there, regretful that she had said so much. But her fury was boiling under the surface, barely to the point where she could contain it. So she diverted her eyes to watch the dust on the floor for lack of anything else to keep her calm. After all, another moment thinking about or looking at him and she'd break down, whether out of fury or fear. Either way, she didn't want to be seen like that by either of them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:43 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
Again her pulse quickened, her eyes narrowing at the creature that stood under the arch. "True, I do have an ancestor here. But I can assure you, he's not in these walls." She stopped there, regretful that she had said so much. But her fury was boiling under the surface, barely to the point where she could contain it. So she diverted her eyes to watch the dust on the floor for lack of anything else to keep her calm. After all, another moment thinking about or looking at him and she'd break down, whether out of fury or fear. Either way, she didn't want to be seen like that by either of them.

The vampire looked over towards the other figure. "I could make him go away, if you would prefer," he said, his voice low and, as ever, dispassionate. But--unexplainably, for there has been no change in tone--there is a sense of unmistakable dislike behind his words.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:51 pm
Antha's head lowered a bit, almost afraid of saying anything, and her voice dropped to a bare whisper. "Please do. I...I hate being near him." She noticed vaguely that her hand had gone up over her neck as if to protect it, knowing very well this creature's lasting intentions. It had stripped her of her older brother and it now threatened to remove her from her entire family. But, for the sake of appearance, she let her hand fall to her side, disturbing her hair slightly as it brushed against several ringlets, and stood quite normally at last. If there was anything Antha really hated, it was appearing weak or helpless.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:23 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
Antha's head lowered a bit, almost afraid of saying anything, and her voice dropped to a bare whisper. "Please do. I...I hate being near him." She noticed vaguely that her hand had gone up over her neck as if to protect it, knowing very well this creature's lasting intentions. It had stripped her of her older brother and it now threatened to remove her from her entire family. But, for the sake of appearance, she let her hand fall to her side, disturbing her hair slightly as it brushed against several ringlets, and stood quite normally at last. If there was anything Antha really hated, it was appearing weak or helpless.

There was a blur of movement, and he disappeared from her side, halfway across the room in an instant. His eyes were emeralds in the gloom, against the darkness, bathing the creature in a cold green light. "You have two options," he said, his voice quiet enough to be heard by the presence and it alone. "You may depart immediately and leave us in peace, or you may choose to allow your existence to end tonight. Do not assume that because this is your territory that you are safe here."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:55 pm
A smirk spread across his face, something so cruel and slight it gave him a serpentine edge. "Oh, how adorable." It seemed as if suddenly, in a little gust of wind, he had simply slid past Vikteren and stood not an inch from Antha, his fingers curled against her cheek. His teeth he sank only half into her skin, letting but a few drops of blood spill onto his tongue. Even if he wished to draw more from her, her fingers pressed forcefully against his chest and propelled him backwards, his clothes singed with the touch of fire she had added.
"Good day, oncle Garland," she said icily, her tone pure venom. He only smirked, a faint chuckle seeping through his lips, before in another instant he was gone. And Antha, afraid to get lost in thought, stood staring at the floor with her hand pressed gently to her neck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:15 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
A smirk spread across his face, something so cruel and slight it gave him a serpentine edge. "Oh, how adorable." It seemed as if suddenly, in a little gust of wind, he had simply slid past Vikteren and stood not an inch from Antha, his fingers curled against her cheek. His teeth he sank only half into her skin, letting but a few drops of blood spill onto his tongue. Even if he wished to draw more from her, her fingers pressed forcefully against his chest and propelled him backwards, his clothes singed with the touch of fire she had added.
"Good day, oncle Garland," she said icily, her tone pure venom. He only smirked, a faint chuckle seeping through his lips, before in another instant he was gone. And Antha, afraid to get lost in thought, stood staring at the floor with her hand pressed gently to her neck.

Vikteren snarled, began after the other, then--saw Antha--he drew his face together, stepped towards her--saw, smelt the blood upon her throat--jerked away as though she had summoned a ring of fire around herself. He retreated until his spine met bone, then pressed the back of his hand against his mouth and did not look at her. "Go," he said, his voice barely audible even in the silence of the catacombs. "It is--it is daylight now. The sunlight will keep you--" he hesitated, as if listening to something. "Your companion is waiting for you."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:06 pm
"Claire's gone by now, searching for something to blow up I imagine." As she spoke, she pressed her fingers firmly to the wound in her neck and gathered as much energy as she could from the rest of her body and the air around her, channeling it until the punctures were gone from her flesh. "And I won't go. I told you, there are things I need to do." Antha stood quietly staring at him then, her head tilted to the side slightly as if she wanted a different view of him.
In her life, Antha had dealt with a good number of vampires. There were ones she knew and loved; Khayman, Nicolae, Trace, Kirie, Siren. And of course there were the ones she absolutely despised; Sleet, Persephone, Dusk, Garland. So she knew what it was like when they lost control and she knew how to deal with them. And even if she failed, Antha was able to regenerate her blood fast enough to recover before death took her. Never mind that it took all of her energy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:51 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
"Claire's gone by now, searching for something to blow up I imagine." As she spoke, she pressed her fingers firmly to the wound in her neck and gathered as much energy as she could from the rest of her body and the air around her, channeling it until the punctures were gone from her flesh. "And I won't go. I told you, there are things I need to do." Antha stood quietly staring at him then, her head tilted to the side slightly as if she wanted a different view of him.
In her life, Antha had dealt with a good number of vampires. There were ones she knew and loved; Khayman, Nicolae, Trace, Kirie, Siren. And of course there were the ones she absolutely despised; Sleet, Persephone, Dusk, Garland. So she knew what it was like when they lost control and she knew how to deal with them. And even if she failed, Antha was able to regenerate her blood fast enough to recover before death took her. Never mind that it took all of her energy.

"Then complete these tasks," he looked up at her, finally. His eyes had dimmed again, to the point where they almost looked normal. Human. But Vikteren refrained from approaching her again. It had been a long time since he had last fed, and he was not at his--he was not at his best, today. He could feel the sunlight, even underground as he was. The vampire closed his eyes. How long had it been, since he had last felt that welcoming warmth against his skin? How long? There were too many gaps in Vikteren's history for him to know for sure--too many decades spent hidden in the wilderness or prowling cities whose names were no more than forgotten syllables in tomes of history. Three centuries? Four? He pressed the palms of his hands against his eyelids and spoke. "I would--advise you to keep away from certain corners of these tunnels. I cannot stop you from doing what you will, but... I, too, have tasks that require my attention...and they are not something I would wish you to see."  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:15 pm
For a long moment Antha stood watching him, contemplating. As far as she was concerned, everything he had just said worked out for the best. "Very well then." She almost moved, took a step backwards, but decided against it for the moment and instead took a small step forward. "By the way," her eyes shifted, turning their sights on the floor before Vikteren as if it were hard to look him in the eye, "I apologize for following you down here. I suppose it was just too frightening a concept to even think of coming down here all on my own." A little smile came to her face, something contrived through her sheepishness which she sought to hide. "Well, thank you for putting up with me anyways. Adieu." She made a small waving gesture with her hand before she spun around to face the tunnel that went further into the crypt and disappeared into it, taking the first set of stairs to her left that went very far down. It was an odd feeling, knowing that she might very well never see Vikteren---or anyone else for that matter---again. After all, if Sleet caught her he wouldn't waste any time in destroying her. And since when did vampires continue their slumber when witches broke into their rooms?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:32 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
For a long moment Antha stood watching him, contemplating. As far as she was concerned, everything he had just said worked out for the best. "Very well then." She almost moved, took a step backwards, but decided against it for the moment and instead took a small step forward. "By the way," her eyes shifted, turning their sights on the floor before Vikteren as if it were hard to look him in the eye, "I apologize for following you down here. I suppose it was just too frightening a concept to even think of coming down here all on my own." A little smile came to her face, something contrived through her sheepishness which she sought to hide. "Well, thank you for putting up with me anyways. Adieu." She made a small waving gesture with her hand before she spun around to face the tunnel that went further into the crypt and disappeared into it, taking the first set of stairs to her left that went very far down. It was an odd feeling, knowing that she might very well never see Vikteren---or anyone else for that matter---again. After all, if Sleet caught her he wouldn't waste any time in destroying her. And since when did vampires continue their slumber when witches broke into their rooms?

The vampire watched her go. Then--he shook his head, stepped after her.
There was something about her that made him want to keep her safe, for some fathomless reason. Perhaps it was that she reminded him so very much of the others who he had failed to protect. Vikteren followed her in utter silence. He would make sure no harm came to her, at least until she left the catacombs.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:35 am
For a good amount of time Antha followed the winding paths, choosing her way very carefully. She paid little attention to her surroundings; she was too busy making sure her scent and her waves were undetectable. It was almost sickening when she thought about it, that she knew these passages so very well.
Finally, she came to the wide entrance of a long, desolate corridor which held only a single bolted door at the other end. The footsteps she took across the floor now were extremely slow and cautious to avoid making any sound, taking the rest of the concentration she had left. After all, she didn't have the vampiric precision or stealth, so it was very difficult for her.
Only when she stood a yard or so away from the old door did she stop, her hands clasped together before her and almost against her neck as if expecting Garland to jump out of the shadows at any given moment. Her breath had almost stopped, fearful as she was of making noise. Everything about her screamed anxiety, giving the impression even to her own mind as well as the umbra that she might snap at any moment and fall to the ground screaming.
She didn't however. Instead she continued on in that oddly reckless way she always did, foolish even, and with a touch of her hand to the door and a reaction from the spirits inside the room the bolts on the other side all slid slowly and quietly open so that Antha was able to swing it open and enter the room finally, feeling the weight of her own daft valor sinking in as she stood staring at the traditional old black coffin that caged the sleeping Sleet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:39 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
For a good amount of time Antha followed the winding paths, choosing her way very carefully. She paid little attention to her surroundings; she was too busy making sure her scent and her waves were undetectable. It was almost sickening when she thought about it, that she knew these passages so very well.
Finally, she came to the wide entrance of a long, desolate corridor which held only a single bolted door at the other end. The footsteps she took across the floor now were extremely slow and cautious to avoid making any sound, taking the rest of the concentration she had left. After all, she didn't have the vampiric precision or stealth, so it was very difficult for her.
Only when she stood a yard or so away from the old door did she stop, her hands clasped together before her and almost against her neck as if expecting Garland to jump out of the shadows at any given moment. Her breath had almost stopped, fearful as she was of making noise. Everything about her screamed anxiety, giving the impression even to her own mind as well as the umbra that she might snap at any moment and fall to the ground screaming.
She didn't however. Instead she continued on in that oddly reckless way she always did, foolish even, and with a touch of her hand to the door and a reaction from the spirits inside the room the bolts on the other side all slid slowly and quietly open so that Antha was able to swing it open and enter the room finally, feeling the weight of her own daft valor sinking in as she stood staring at the traditional old black coffin that caged the sleeping Sleet.

His right hand brushed against her shoulder then, his left hand pressed against her lips. Not that he expected her to scream--she wasn't the kind. The vampire said nothing, merely slid around her so that she could see his face. Expressionless as always, but familiar. He released her, then, and let his eyes flick towards the coffin, tilted his head questioningly.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:03 am
For a moment Antha stood staring at him, a bit shocked. She wanted to speak to him, but it was impossible both physically and mentally without waking Sleet. So instead she simply turned and went silently over to the wall. Quickly she sent a good number of the spirits she commanded over to the coffin to help keep any accidental noise that was made from reaching his ears. Once done with that, she ran her fingers over several of the large old stones that made up the wall, looking for the right one. It was easy enough to find; the texture was slightly different and it was obviously not as thick as the other stones. And when she touched the crevasses on either side of it, the caulking crumbled and fell as dust to the floor. But this came as no surprise to her and she paid it not a second of attention. Instead she took the best hold she could of the stone and pulled for a moment until it swung open like a door. There weren't many things inside the little space she had uncovered; a little black box with German writing on top, a small stack of old black and white photos from Sleet's human life, a few small books---
A little smile of victory came to her lips as she reached back into the farthest reaches of the compartment and emerged again with a very large old book clasped tightly in her arms. It was an ornate thing to be certain, black leather and gold design with little precious jewels arranged all over it. And in the center of the cover, just visible between Antha's arms, was written the name 'James Mayfair' in gold print.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:25 am
+Rotting Lunacy+
For a moment Antha stood staring at him, a bit shocked. She wanted to speak to him, but it was impossible both physically and mentally without waking Sleet. So instead she simply turned and went silently over to the wall. Quickly she sent a good number of the spirits she commanded over to the coffin to help keep any accidental noise that was made from reaching his ears. Once done with that, she ran her fingers over several of the large old stones that made up the wall, looking for the right one. It was easy enough to find; the texture was slightly different and it was obviously not as thick as the other stones. And when she touched the crevasses on either side of it, the caulking crumbled and fell as dust to the floor. But this came as no surprise to her and she paid it not a second of attention. Instead she took the best hold she could of the stone and pulled for a moment until it swung open like a door. There weren't many things inside the little space she had uncovered; a little black box with German writing on top, a small stack of old black and white photos from Sleet's human life, a few small books---
A little smile of victory came to her lips as she reached back into the farthest reaches of the compartment and emerged again with a very large old book clasped tightly in her arms. It was an ornate thing to be certain, black leather and gold design with little precious jewels arranged all over it. And in the center of the cover, just visible between Antha's arms, was written the name 'James Mayfair' in gold print.

The vampire stood there for a moment longer, watching her. Then--almost unconsciously--he moved between her and the coffin. If whatever slept here was enough to make Antha wary...there was fear in this place. Old and warped under the thin veneer of fresh apprehension. It coated these floors like a varnish, sending every one of Vikteren's senses into overdrive.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:59 pm
It took Antha only a moment to put everything as it had been, drawing a folded sheet of white paper from under the tight laces of her boot to replace the book she had taken. Three years earlier, she had found a similar note left on her bookshelf when the same book had been stolen from her. The least she could do was return the gesture. So finally, with the heavy book clasped under her left arm, she shut up the compartment as it had been and withdrew from the water stained wall until she stood facing Vikteren. A faint glimmer of concern shown in her eyes, something she thought quickly to conceal as she started for the door, touching his arm lightly as if to beg him to follow.
She couldn't help but wonder if she should tell him who it was that rested in the old coffin. After all, he had shown a particular interest in Sleet when he had been mentioned. And why else would he have dared to invade the coven's crypt if it wasn't for Sleet? These thoughts kept her preoccupied as she made her way down the narrow hall, her steps only slightly more reckless than they had been upon entering. When finally she reached the opening into the chamber beyond, snapping out of her thoughts as if from a trance, she found herself searching the area behind her frantically for Vikteren, angry with herself that she hadn't been paying any attention whatsoever.

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff