Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Common Rooms
The Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cmims911

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:23 am
ginerva_potter
*pokes head in* cmims! there you are! you aren't supposed to be in here! you're in Gryffindor, not Ravenclaw!

*sighs* ok ok *walks out of Ravenclaw common room with ginerva* well not my fault i can phase through walls and paintings  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:44 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Dynast Metallium

cmims911

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:19 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:49 am
Quote:
I was hopeing someone so smart would realize, you don't have to be dead to phase through walls in the world of magic, there are spells incantations and simple thoughts that allow us to do so.

Yes, but if we talk in the terms of the Harry Potter universe here (as we're dealing in the Common Rooms, and not some wildly disturbing fantasy setting), there seems to be no existing ability to walk through walls just of yet. So your ability to 'phase through walls' as you put it, does not make sense.

Besides, if you're 16, you should still be in Hogwarts and learning from your professors. However did you learn such skills? Don't give me that jazz about being a 'genius' - if you're a genius, you wouldn't BE in the common room, now would you?

Quote:
no no thief, just my magic *hands her her wand back* i'm not bad just powerful ^.^

We have no '1337 telekenesis magic' as of yet, unless I've been sorely misreading the books. Yes, there are spells in the Harry Potter books that disarm someone and make things float, but these things are highly visible and would've caused some type of noise (let Dumbledore's silent Apparation be an exclusion since J.K. Rowling has yet to clarify that). So 'stealing' would've been highly impossible unless you're an experienced pickpocket.

Quote:
it's good to find someone so smart and intellectual as me, but tell me how much of this did you look up? Also Darwin's theory of evolution shows that the strong survive while the weak die.

Are you equating the Ravenclaws to being weak? The use of more brain over brute strength is not necessarily a bad thing- if one blindly charges into the situation without truly analysing it first, it isn't called courage, it's called plain idiocracy. Lives are more important than a useless display of valour.

As for how much I looked up, I'd be glad to guide you to these sites:

http://www.askyewolfe.com/symbolism-raven.html
http://www.ace.net.au/darkmoon/raven.htm
http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Corvus.html

You may very well accuse me of just plucking the URLs out of Google just for the sake of this, and I have nothing to say. Both of us have no proof whether I did or did not do that and the fact will always remain so.

Quote:
i am merely 16, but enfused with the knowledge of some of the strongest witches and wizards from days long past.

I am amazed! Only at the tender age of 16 and you have taught Dumbledore? You must certainly be immortal.

Either that or please don't contradict yourself.

Quote:
I am actually having an intellectual converstation with someone smart other then myself.

I'm certainly glad you're having fun then. And nice try into baiting me into making a comment in which I can incriminate myself.

In any case, this entire argument is a pointless storm in a teacup. We don't know each other and are bickering like a pair of enraged idiots. However, I would request that you kindly stop making remarks about how 'lowly' other houses are to Gryffindor- it does rather tick others off, and unless you have the grounds for doing so, it just makes you seem like a flaming troll.

I thank you for your courteous reply (in perfect spelling and grammar, no less) and inform you that I have no hard feelings about this on my side. However, I would like to be no part of this argument any longer and can only ask that you please control your words in the future.

Good day.  

Dynast Metallium

cmims911

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:23 pm
Dynast Metallium
Quote:
I was hopeing someone so smart would realize, you don't have to be dead to phase through walls in the world of magic, there are spells incantations and simple thoughts that allow us to do so.

Yes, but if we talk in the terms of the Harry Potter universe here (as we're dealing in the Common Rooms, and not some wildly disturbing fantasy setting), there seems to be no existing ability to walk through walls just of yet. So your ability to 'phase through walls' as you put it, does not make sense.

Besides, if you're 16, you should still be in Hogwarts and learning from your professors. However did you learn such skills? Don't give me that jazz about being a 'genius' - if you're a genius, you wouldn't BE in the common room, now would you?

Quote:
no no thief, just my magic *hands her her wand back* i'm not bad just powerful ^.^

We have no '1337 telekenesis magic' as of yet, unless I've been sorely misreading the books. Yes, there are spells in the Harry Potter books that disarm someone and make things float, but these things are highly visible and would've caused some type of noise (let Dumbledore's silent Apparation be an exclusion since J.K. Rowling has yet to clarify that). So 'stealing' would've been highly impossible unless you're an experienced pickpocket.

Quote:
it's good to find someone so smart and intellectual as me, but tell me how much of this did you look up? Also Darwin's theory of evolution shows that the strong survive while the weak die.

Are you equating the Ravenclaws to being weak? The use of more brain over brute strength is not necessarily a bad thing- if one blindly charges into the situation without truly analysing it first, it isn't called courage, it's called plain idiocracy. Lives are more important than a useless display of valour.

As for how much I looked up, I'd be glad to guide you to these sites:

http://www.askyewolfe.com/symbolism-raven.html
http://www.ace.net.au/darkmoon/raven.htm
http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Corvus.html

You may very well accuse me of just plucking the URLs out of Google just for the sake of this, and I have nothing to say. Both of us have no proof whether I did or did not do that and the fact will always remain so.

Quote:
i am merely 16, but enfused with the knowledge of some of the strongest witches and wizards from days long past.

I am amazed! Only at the tender age of 16 and you have taught Dumbledore? You must certainly be immortal.

Either that or please don't contradict yourself.

Quote:
I am actually having an intellectual converstation with someone smart other then myself.

I'm certainly glad you're having fun then. And nice try into baiting me into making a comment in which I can incriminate myself.

In any case, this entire argument is a pointless storm in a teacup. We don't know each other and are bickering like a pair of enraged idiots. However, I would request that you kindly stop making remarks about how 'lowly' other houses are to Gryffindor- it does rather tick others off, and unless you have the grounds for doing so, it just makes you seem like a flaming troll.

I thank you for your courteous reply (in perfect spelling and grammar, no less) and inform you that I have no hard feelings about this on my side. However, I would like to be no part of this argument any longer and can only ask that you please control your words in the future.

Good day.

yes no hard feelings at all. I am immortal i guess you could say, if having knowledge passed on and on immortal. For example, when I die my information will go on to another chosen one.

Also I used no telekanetic powers, i merely floated your wand to me along the ground outside your line of sight.

No, i'm not saying Ravenclaws are weak. The use of brain and brawn in a combination is an excellent strategy. Thank you so much for the links.

I was not trying to bait you into incriminating yourself.

I am sorry I did not mean to come in here boasting, I just came looking for someone to talk to and found someone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:53 pm
cmims911
Dynast Metallium
cmims911
heh, Harry is not y Gryffindor is so popular,

I dare you to go ask those in the Gryffindor Common Room as to why they're there. Surely you'll see that a majority join it as 'That's where Harry, Ron, and Hermione' are from. Sure, there are the Mauraders' fans as well (I know for certain because I am one), but most join Gryffindor for the 'glory' factor as well as 'the love of Harry'.

Quote:
and it has the cooler mascot, unlike ur raven lol

I'm inclined to take a Slytherin-like attitude and point out that you're being rather big-headed for a Gryffindor, i'm a combination of brain and brawn. I prefer the subtle strategy to overthrow an opponent rather than charging head-on to face something whose strengths and weaknesses remain a question mark to you. Brain over brawn, as they say.

Quote:
I could take any one of you on and easily beat you

Heh, you're welcome to try, but as said, don't count your chickens before they've hatched. smile

Quote:
some of the strongest students

Mm-hmm. Some. Are you one of them?

*he smiles and gently opens his hand revealing your wand that was in ur pocket a few seconds ago* idk, i could kill Voldermort with ease. and yes Gryffindor is a cooler then a Raven (a symbol of death, portrayed by Edgar Allen Poe as death) Yes i am far stronger then you, and i am only in Gryffindor cause 1) myg /f's in it, 2) i'm one of the strongest wizards. Y do u think i teach dumbledore razz

Don't you think you're being a little bit of a bigheaded Gary Stu? Cause quite simply you are being a bigheaded Gary Stu  

SplitDemonIdentity

genome-a-peeking

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
I'm a Ravenclaw at heart. Yessir. heart I felt that the Ravenclaws in the books were sort of left out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:20 am
RayvnAmreBlack

Don't you think you're being a little bit of a bigheaded Gary Stu? Cause quite simply you are being a bigheaded Gary Stu

Erm. Could I kindly request that we let this entire little skirmish pass? It doesn't benefit either houses, and I'm pretty sure that the Gryffindors are as reluctant to argue as we are, despite the fact that some sweeping statements may be rather...infuriating.

That said, could we not mention this issues anymore? Since he has already agreed to let this go, I believe that we should as well.

Quote:
I felt that the Ravenclaws in the books were sort of left out.

Well, considering, both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were rather left out in the books as they did not play a significant role in the battle between the protagonists (Gryffindors) and the antagonists (Slytherin). Perhaps it's because both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff could've gone to either side- some may have sided with the good to vanquish Voldemort, some may have sided with the evil to ensure that their lives were not at risk.

And yes, Cedric was rather prominent in book 4, but so was Cho in book 5. biggrin  

Dynast Metallium

SplitDemonIdentity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:05 pm
Dynast Metallium
RayvnAmreBlack

Erm. Could I kindly request that we let this entire little skirmish pass? It doesn't benefit either houses, and I'm pretty sure that the Gryffindors are as reluctant to argue as we are, despite the fact that some sweeping statements may be rather...infuriating.

That said, could we not mention this issues anymore? Since he has already agreed to let this go, I believe that we should as well.

Quote:
I felt that the Ravenclaws in the books were sort of left out.

Well, considering, both Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were rather left out in the books as they did not play a significant role in the battle between the protagonists (Gryffindors) and the antagonists (Slytherin). Perhaps it's because both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff could've gone to either side- some may have sided with the good to vanquish Voldemort, some may have sided with the evil to ensure that their lives were not at risk.

And yes, Cedric was rather prominent in book 4, but so was Cho in book 5. biggrin

I'll leave it behind I actually haven't been on here for a while so I forgot I even posted that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:23 pm
Ummm...hi. I'm a Ravenclaw because it fits my personality best and because every sorting hat test I've ever taken has put me in Ravenclaw.  

Morgana-LeFay

Dynast Metallium

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:08 am
Ah- welcome to Ravenclaw! Nice to see us getting more new members, although I admit that the entire common room has to talk more...we're always at the bottom of the list. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:18 pm
hello---I'm an oldie, I used to frequent this guild, but, uh, well I just haven't in a while. I'm back now though.

How's life?  

Rowena Marion

darkzumi

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:43 pm
*Mixes two random unknown potions together* "Anyone want a new drink I just invented? Drink at own risk."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:33 pm
darkzumi
*Mixes two random unknown potions together* "Anyone want a new drink I just invented? Drink at your own risk."
. . . "Sure! I'll take a swig it can't hurt too much ya know!" . . *Gack* . . *Gasp* . . *Hack*. . "So anything different about me?"  

Sheena Ayame

4,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

genome-a-peeking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:08 am
Rowena Marion
hello---I'm an oldie, I used to frequent this guild, but, uh, well I just haven't in a while. I'm back now though.

How's life?

Life is good.

Ooh can I join Ravenclaw????  
Common Rooms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out