Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Have you ever been called a freak? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:33 am
Rellik San
HaWkGiRL
The question is when I'm not being called a freak. My closest friends call me a freak of nature and various other things in relation to being a freak in general. The thing is, when someone doesn't agree that I'm a freak, we tend to become enemies or I tend to drift apart from them. I like to call this my, "Counter Freak of Nature Effect."

I could turn this into an essay or even create about twenty pages on the very subject of why I'm a freak. However, this would create excessive brainstorming and countless reflections on my behavior. Anyhow, I rather enjoy being considered a freak, because then I get to prove their statement as being correct. It's the times I have trouble proving them correct that bothers me.

Ya seem normal to me.

I agree.
But then, I have high standards.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:25 pm
Of what I remember, I have not been called a freak in the sense of someone being mean or cruel towards me. Mostly just by my friends or an older cousin of mine jokingly. If anyone ever did call me a 'freak' whom I wasn't familiar with, I would probably take it as a compliment because the person who would be calling me the 'freak' is probably some plastic-acting teenager.  

AshesToRoses

Adorable Star

Missunderstood soul

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:09 pm
I have been called freak, Weird, Dark, Strange, Odd, Different, and plenty of other things
i don't take it as a bad thing when somebody calls me one of those i just laugh and say thank you lol
people get mad when you thank them when they are trying to hurt your feelings  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 pm
I get called a freak quite often, but I don't mind it. People feel the need to bash, and if it makes them feel better bout themselves, it's not sweat off my brow. I know who I am, and I have friends with me at all times that I know love me. The only time it hurts is when my mom tells me I'm not the daughter she wanted. But I do good in school, so it takes lots to freak her out xD  

Gypsie Punk II

xShe Dreams Fiction

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:20 pm
When I was younger I used to be called one, just because I was trying so hard to be one. When I finally found my own style, people just starting calling me things like loud lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 pm
I am a freak, I take pride in it.
Everyone from my grandma to some little 3rd grader has called me a freak, weirdo, psycho, lunatic.
Funny thing is, I'm always calm, collective, and thoughtful. Even around death and sex xP  

Unown Genome

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

cursed user

Witty Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:49 pm
Oh, if I could only count the times... x.x I've been called it by my friends, family, acquaintances....even people I don't even know that well. :/  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:20 pm
Not since middle school.  

PetreyDish

Lady Annastassia Celeste

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:21 pm
XDD My friends call me a freak...and I call them freaks...[most of my friends aren't goth] and it's more of like. a joking kind of "ily" thing. XD But in middle school I was accused of being emo and slicing my wrists. Which. I am NOT emo. I may be dark, but I'm definitely not depressed. Nor do I engage in self mutilation and if I am ever depressed, I definitely am not suicidal because I find suicide to be so ridiculous and cowardly...but yeah. XD People are just assholes. I don't care if they like my style or anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:16 pm
Ugh, my middle school life was like that.... like in band class:
Me: -reading book in spare time and playing with clarinet-
Trumpet Boys: Hey, you got some sissors or anything sharp?
Me: -looks up- um, I'm sorry, no....
Trumpet Boys: You're ******** emo, you have to have something to cut your wrists with!

.........yeah......... I hated so many people in that class, a few times, I ditched because honestly, I felt like I couldn't take it every day.... I got caught once, luckily, the teacher understood, and I didn't get in trouble or anything. But, several of the boys in that class made my life a living hell.  

Angel of the End

Emily Maeve

Noble Inquisitor

22,025 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Restorative Spirit 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:03 pm
I get called a freak....quite alot, and whenever I do I take it very offensively. Oh well >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:54 pm
i get called a freak all the time. I like to prove it to people by poking them in the face soon after they call me that, and asking them if they are really a blob monster in a really crappy diguise. rofl  

Alister_King

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:07 am
Blob monster? I like that one... next time someone calls me a freak, I think I'll respond, yelling as loud as I can, "I LOVE YOU!!!"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:38 am
freak (as well as weirdo) is a relative concept.

for instance, when i'm at my job, i am referrenced by many titles (freak just one of many). However, when i'm gathered with my friends, I've heard snippets of conversation along the lines of "my! what's that nice narcotics officer doing associating with those degenerates?" (p.s. old couple passing by while we were congregated at the local book store)

so you see, my dears, it's all relative in an obscure way...no need to despair, move along...move along...  

Keevan Draco

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:53 pm
Oh goddess... millions of times, along with other things. lol I guess a lot of people have gotten used to it now.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff