Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:39 am
Christina Death 666
I dress this way because I never wanted to be like everyone else.
I don't want to follow all of those gay trends.
Everyone in my school does it. Skin tight shirts and mini skirts that show your a**.
Why are'nt I following it?
Because I am me.
I will always be me.
Just leave me be.

But in effect by dressing as what you perceive to be goth, is in fact following a trend, so in the end, you've done what you wanted to avoid.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:05 am
i dont tend to dress too extremly most of the time, but i dont enjoy having people constantly staring at me or giving me that fake trying-not-to-get-you-pissed-at-me smile. ive seen people who dress goth just for attention, but you can kind of tell who they are.  

0-X-Yours_Truly-X-0

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:27 am
black_fires_within
damn..i hate people who just right out assume that i dress the way i do for attention.i dress this way to show grief, rage and pain all at once...it's a warning as well..that i don't want to be bothered by some jackass who wouldnt know emo or fake if one of the two came up and bit them on the a**..ive been a goth for quite a long time now...happened when i was about six...animals are pretty much the only ones who ever understand me... thats why it's more difficult for me to see my pets de..well, Syd died in my lap..i was in the first grade and he died in my lap...he was only two... since then..ive only been hollowed out by pain, stress, anger and sorrow

*blink*
is it just my lack of comprehension of the language, or does what's written above translate to "TRAUMA!! my pet died!"

*shakes head* poor one. and he was the only one who understood you, you say? well, i can definitely understand how that would turn you into a 'goth' overnight at the young age of six.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:01 am
it's so easy to not-make-sense on such a subject.
"do you do it for attention?"... you need to define 'attention' first so people can reply and be able to -hopefully- make sense.

if you mean attention in the widest sense, as the collection of reactions we get from the enviroment; DUH?! it's the way humans function; always trying to unify the self inside and the self that is percieved. we gather information from that reactions, we analyze that data and we try and adjust our position accordingly, so we can 'be' at a position closer to the one we create in our heads. basics of human interaction.

if you mean attention as in the-one-that-is-whored-for, i.e. the one we have for bright and sparkly objects, some dress just for that, yes. i believe i've said this somewhere else, but i'll repeat - to deaf ears, surely, since the majority are teenagers, but still. it's what being an adolescent is all about; going out of your way to establish yourself as an individual in the society. which requires getting a lot of strong reactions from the enviroment.
there are different ways people tackle this. shocking the crap out of the people around you is a pretty common way. "OMG!!! you're so different??!! you're above all 'normal' humans with your goth-y attire!! WE NOTICE YOU, and who knows, maybe will recognise you through it."
so, when they say "goth's just a phase" they are sometimes right. in many it fades away, as they manage to integrate themselves into the society.

and then there are people who do all they do in order to express themselves, their individuality, with the hope of some form of acceptance in their outcast state. theirs don't fade away. they are the ones who create these 'trends' that many are so eager to follow. the labels that you fight so fiercely about are invented to describe them.

and they hate labels.  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:08 am
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

I hate people that do that s**t; it drives me crazy. stressed I dress the way I do, because it is my favorite color, confortable, and to show of my individualism. I don't care what fashions are in, and what is popular I dress the way I do for myself, and no other reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:54 pm
I dress in whatever makes me happy. It really doen't matter if someone else like it or not. It amazes me how scared people get of another's clothing!  

ChyaneLlree

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:31 am
I thought i might say this, but non-conformity isn't wearing what everyone else isn't.
It's wearing what you want and not caring what other people think.

As someone posted way earlier on this thread, they may look like "other goths" but they are still expressing theirselves, because they actually enjoy what they're wearing.

I don't dress, in most ways, goth. I used to, but I quit because my parents were nagging on me, and every day I got the "are you goth punk?" questions. I was like "SHUT UP."
So i just started with more color.
But because of my outrageous-ness, I do get the "attention" thing.
I wear what i like.
And you're never going to make me wear something plain and boring.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 pm
sometimes i get annoied but then i ignore it and just wear what i want to wear...  

[xluvbugx]

Sad Lion Serenade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:37 pm
i wear what i feel comfortable in and whats just me hell its not uncommon to see me walk around in a Kung Fu jacket and a pair of Tripps haha  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:03 pm
Paine218
i do look "gothy" and it doesn't bother me in the least......but it annoys me when people confuse with a stoner stressed ........

With a stoner? Geez.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

gothkid82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:56 pm
I dress the way I do because it's normal to me. Simple as that.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:51 am
I dress the way I like it depends on my mood. One day it'll be baggy jeans and baggy tee, the next day it'll be long black skirt, black boots, smallish black top with mesh top over it and a black top hat.  

Kohanna13

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:15 pm
In responce: Becasue i feel like it. *lights cigarette and glares at gawking normals over a pair of black sunglasses*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:49 pm
im never dressed in one specific fashion. I mix it all up. But i mainly do it because i love clothes and fashion and i could care less as to why other people think i dress the way i do  

xGlitteR-n-GunZx

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces