Hot Topic "poser-ish"?
  Yea.
  No way!
  Eh...Somtimes.
  Hot Topic?
View Results

c h r n o

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:39 pm
Hot Topic's alright. Just some of their clothes have poor quality material and are overpriced. X3; The only times I go there are to look at the things they have on sale.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:49 pm
Gosh, Hot Topic. Well, its like that have some good stuff but alot of it just is poser alittle bit but I mean thats just me. I like the band shirts and stuff becuase were I live you can't get them anywere else so thats were I have to turn. Its Hot Topic or nothing.  

XxemowaysXx

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:32 pm
I'm a mall rat, and I don't really care who knows. I just like to get out of the house. Anyways, I don't usually shop at Hot Topic because even their discount stuff is too much for me (I mean, seriously, paying 15 bucks for a shirt with word on it is ridiculous, I don't care who you are), I don't like the stuff there, and they are located in only 2 of the 8 malls I go to. Maybe I'll go to see what kind of band's cd's they have there, and than go buy it at Target for cheaper! ^^ I got an In Flames cd at target for $8 and it was selling for like $22 at Hot Topic.

You can find "gothic" attire anywhere. I mean, if you just want black and comfortable, than, yeah, you can go anywhere. I wear a lot of colors, too, by the way. But, give me 3 hours and 50 bucks and let me loose in any mall, I can get you an entire outfit, not including shoes and under-clothing, and I promise you'll like it.

I got some make-up from Hot Topic, but it sucks big time. I bought a black eye-liner pencil and red eye-liner pencil for a little less that 5 bucks, and the black fades off in less than an hour. Now I have decent black eye-liner from a small shop called Susie's Deals which is located all around the U.S. Everything from Susie's is 5 bucks or less, and is decent. I'd stay away from the underwear, though, that falls apart real easily along with the shoes and socks, too.

Whether it's posuerish, I really don't care. I don't care if anything is. I just wear what is comfortable, made somewhat well, I like how it looks, and is a decent price. Even the local thrift stores are nice, at least the ones in the suburbs. The thrift stores in city type areas are expensive.

Also, some of Spencer's stuff isn't half bad, but I here similar things about them from time to time, too. All I have to say is if that Spencer's has tape across ANYTHING, don't get it. It's damaged goods. I love the look of the jewelry, but it usually falls apart. I'm glad I can just go to my jewelry teacher and ask him to sauder a few pieces so it's stronger.

Oh yeah, and what's with buying "virgin" bracelets everywhere still??? Not to mention they are overpriced. You can go to just about any electrician or AC/Heating technician and see if you can buy it off of them. Yes, they have an actual use. What a lot of people wear now are the mess-ups that the electricians can't use for any particular reason, and buying them for more than the good ones are sold as to the companies. So haha. I forgot what they're actually called, though. I used to just get them from my dad all the time; he's been an AC/Heating technician for about 20 years now.

Sorry, I got a bit off subject, so I'll shut up now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:27 pm
Hehehe... Hot Topic... Where to start on Hot Topic?
I have bought shirts there because I liked the shirts, I need school clothes, and my mom barely lets me shop online for anything.
But wearing things from Hot Topic was an iffy thing at our school. If a prep or one of their 'normie' friends were to wear something, they became a poser. *and they usually were* but if you were considered a freak, wearing things from Hot Topic made you a poser too.
So you just couldn't win.
But that was back in the days before everyone became an emo and stopped PRETENDING to be something. Now they really ARE whiny.
I don't buy pants or anything like that from there, because everyone I know own that exact same pair, and I don't really go for the whole 'twinkie' look. I once had my eye on a skirt I saw, but then I realized the cut would look terrible on me and went out to the internet to search for cuter things.  

xxxdeletemexxx

AcidDropper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:17 am
I've only been to Hot Topic once, because I live in the land of Preps & Hicks
so all we have here are A&E ect ect
and Cowboy crap
so I shop online for some of my stuff.
I must admit, I do go to Hot Topic first when I am looking for somthing specific.
the only things I have bought there are AFI tank top and AFI messenger bag
^_^
but I like to go to Interpunk & Drac-in-a-Box
for my extrem gothique clothing
but other then that, I stick to Kohl's and Ross
wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:30 pm
xXx_Tainted_Love_xXx
most of my friends say hot topic is "poser ish" because of the whole emo scene. now hot topics saying their punk but their selling emo crap....not that i have anything against emos...even though most the world hates them.

its not selling emo stuff...its just the emo kids think they can warp anything into emo...thus the name for the warped tour.....  

Willie-John[Abomination]

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:03 pm
vCJv
EmoXPickles_________x
Yeah I can admit I like the stuff they have there but if you look at the custormers you wonder wtf they're doing in that store. That's the only reason why I don't like it.
(Well, that's how it's like here, all the customers are preps you'd see in
Forever 21 or Abecrombie and Fitch)

Yeah sometimes some of the people in there dont exactly belong there but I dont think they make Hot Topic poserish.

sometimes i wonder if they are just starting to get into it so they are going in there to get some stuff...hmm.

i have trouble getting to hot topic but i might be going soon. i just get clothes from random shops (no prep stores though...they scare me...)and screw them up or add my own touch. i make my own wristbands and am currently trying to make black/white stripped arm socks soon as i can get some cloth.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm
I like the pants XD my friend and I were there one time and said "how do people wear these ?"
...then we bought some and started talking about how comfortable they were and I have been buying them since then =/

-the end of my story- warcraft 3 time !! 8D  

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 pm
c h r n o
Hot Topic's alright. Just some of their clothes have poor quality material and are overpriced. X3; The only times I go there are to look at the things they have on sale.

i agree that they can be pricey at time..but the material of their clothes is awsome...maybe you just have a crappy Hot Topic...because the Tripp pant that everyone says suck cuz they're made of poor material...i have like 14 pairs of them..they're confortable and i wear them all the time..they never get messed up...unless you go into a mosh pit with them..then they can get messed up..but only if you leave the chains on  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:03 pm
I buy TRIPP pants when they are on sale...They acaully do last a long time. A few of my friends have had the same ones for years. But, what i hate about them is that they fade very quickly. sad  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Mavrikios1

500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:12 pm
tripp pants ! thats what they're called XD
i hate the bottoms with the laces to tighten the ankle area, all mine get stepped on and drag now, but they still work 8D  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:58 am
Hot Topic. Poseurs flock to it. But so do cool people. Granted, if you're cool, you can find kick-a** goth stuff at Target (ALL the best goth stuff is at Target, trust me...) but where else will you go to get something specific and special other than ordering it online or moving to a goth hub of the country?  

Scathach789

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:13 am
Hot Topic is somewhat poser-ish but I do shop there cause some the stuff is pretty cool. I see quit a few Preps and Poser's go in there and some skaters though Vans is only around the corner.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:15 am
Here's my opinion, if you say you don't like it, you're lying. IF you think its poserish, you're faking it.

When Hot Topic was underground it was sweet, it's still not that bad.

The reason you see people in there that you think really shouldn't be in there is because DUH, just because someone dresses one way doesn't mean they are into just ONE type of s**t. You've never seen a Metal head shop at like, old Navy or A&F? IT has absolutely NOTHING to do with your style and everything to do with what you like despite your category.

Hot Topic IS overpriced on most occassions, but some stuff is worth it. I go there for makeup, patches, gauges, and anything on the sale rack. They're not that bad. Most people say they hate hot topic because its a ******** trend, like being Bi.

I'm a Raver.
A Metal Head.
A Punk Rocker.
A Hip Hop Lover.
Emo Trash.
A Scene Catastrophe.
A Classical swooner.

And I ******** love rap.

People should, stop thinking one type of music, one way to dress. And stop hating on Hot Topic. It's not so bad. You all know damnwell you go there.  

DigitalPoisonIvy

melancholymolly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:31 pm
I really don't care if preps shop at hot topic because I sometimes go to preppy stores because I like some of the stuff they have there, just like some preps like some stuff from hot topic.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff