Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Anime is not nerdy! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurzon_Dax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:45 pm
Koravin
Yeah. Star Trek and Doctor Who are nerdy. Anime isn't pure nerd. It is a lesser nerdom.

Star Trek and Doctor Who are both so much better...although i like all three...im just not a nerd or 'super fan' of anime like Dr. W and Star Trek  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:11 pm
Yeah it is not nerdy!  

Shizuka5

Sakura_belldandy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:52 pm
Wow, just reading this makes me think my school is screwed up. Ok, I'm new to this guild, live in the southern hemisphere and I like anime and manga for entertainment purposes. I re-introduced myself to anime in grade 6 and have been watching it ever since. Last year I entered grade 8 and all the "cool" people were not into anime. Girls would go for fashion and stuff like that and the boy well... computer games and now all of a sudden as soon as Naruto is shown on TV all the "cool" kids were suddenly into anime well actually only Naruto. A group which I hang out with sometimes were a group of people who had a strong love for anime and have been watching it since forever were shunned because of their "weirdness". What people call you or what you like are labels and these labels can class you as a person to like or ignore which I think is stupid. So in conclusion; no, anime is not nerdy  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:04 am
For shame! Thou art no real otaku! I expect you to call people obsessed with anime otaku, not nerds.  

YamiNoAkuma

ummmmmmmm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:13 am
hey i say that if you enjoy something dont be bothered about what people think. I my self i fing love anime mrgreen and yes iam a nerd seeing how i love anime,rpg's,computers,and videogames.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:19 am
Josiphine C Pegasus
Anime is so NOT nerdy. It's also NOT a cartoon! Much too violent. I love me some Samuri X. People who think Anime is nerdy don't know what they are talking about.
so true im sure that CN wont show a guy getting his head cut in half or a guy getting fully cut in halfand samuraiX rules  

ummmmmmmm

demonic white bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:52 pm
I agree It isn't  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:36 pm
Prodigious_girl
Rob_007
gonk gonk gonk its not!! scream
Agreed!

what I've never heard anyone say its nerdy  

Gothic-Skull4

Chrono850

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:05 am
If you watch it like it was just a normal interesting show than fine but if you are one of those try hards who dress up like anime characters and have pictures on google you should be shot for being uber nerdy! scream  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:39 pm
TheErikaness
Here, the popular kids watch anime. That is because "here" is japan.

But you are nerdy for watching certain KINDS of anime.

And also if you constantly watch anime, live for anime, think anime characters are hott etc... THen you are nerdy.

But if its just a casual thing you enjoy reading/watching, then no, youre not nerdy

That makes me feel like taking a trip to Japan. Here in Mexico, the engineering majors are full of assholes who just diss anyone who watches anime instead of these dumbass TV shows from the public networks. sad (well, actually, it's just a part of them: mechanical, civil, industrial, and to some degree, environmental, but these majors have the most students at my college).

That's why I'd rather hang out with the guys from chemistry, electronics, computer science, or networks and telecomms (my major). These guys are much more mature, and it doesn't matters if you're the cheerleaders' trainer, or if you have your shelves full of anime DVDs: if they think you're a cool guy, they will accept you as one of their kind. whee

BTW, the same thing about anime over there applies for American series right here. If you watch "average" stuff like Friends, The OC or Smallville, you're popular. But if you watch sci-fi shows like Babylon 5, Stargate, or Star Trek, you're a nerd. Especially if you watch Star Trek. confused  

Da_Nuke

Edahs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:49 am
It is not the object that is nerdy, it is just an object.

What makes the holder or watcher of the object nerdy, is what they do with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:14 pm
only some anime is nerdy and geeky like pokemon pokemon sucks scream but stuff like fma and naruto,inuyasha,bleach and that violent stuff is cool and the pokemon creaters can go to hell for the worst anime ever  

stunzu

Mistress Lilith 909

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm
not nerdy  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Nerdy has to do with the person possessing the Anime they watch. They treat it "nerdily", and it becomes nerdy. Only to them. As the world we know of is our own world, you could even say a story, to create. Think the world is in fact dumb, then so it shall become. Because life is a story that you must write.

Also, the reason why Anime is not popular (specifically speaking in my area) is because we are not a Japanese (or Japanese media otaku) community. End. -_-'

It all depends on what the area you live in thinks is "popular." I for one, am one anime fan out of all six (or more, but it's still small; under eight.) in my class. (Even though it's summer, I'm comparing to the people in my same age group.)  

Renkinjutsushi Kioku

justamunkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:19 am
Anime isn't nerdy.

Anime FANS are.

Obsessing over anything qualifies you as a nerd. I'm a history nerd too heart  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games