Reply The Official Australian Guild
School/Uni Mania!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kixsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:17 pm
You've done so much. I have alot of dreams and I hope to have many qualifications under my belt by the end of it but I have so far to go  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:03 am
I haven't done that much really. I'm only 20 and I haven't even got a degree yet. I have another year ahead of me and then the rest is just speculation.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 pm
Seriously only 20? I'm 20 too. Well you're very inspiring its too bad we can't talk in person lol I'm starting a degree. I have been through alot and took a pretty wild "inner" journey this year and its taken me away from education but I really found who I am and what I want and have never been so sure. I'm hoping to get a new apartment near campus ready for next year. Can't wait  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:47 am
Nice. I'll be turning 21 in November actually, but yeah, people are always mostly surprised at how young I am. Don't feel bad about that. mrgreen

I've found that one has quite a steep learning curve coming out of high school and well, you learn so much in the year or two that you're out. I know I've grown so much as a person since I've been at Uni and out of High School and particularly now as I'm studying in a foreign country. I dare say I don't quite know what I want but I have short term goals I want to achieve and I'm quite happy to take the odd side-quest along the way. ninja  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:18 pm
I just turned 20 last Sunday actually. Sometimes I am said to be over-mature but I was brought up to be as much a lady as possible and I have had a rather traumatic life. I never seem to go a day without something odd happening. Coincidences follow me in life and miracles happen around me. I think I just take it one day at a time. I know I have to work hard to get where I want to be but I am a strong person and I have nothing to lose now. I think I really want to find someone to keep close to me like a best friend. Someone who I can talk to. Alot of people don't understand what I say because I am too creative and complicated. I think thats why I like posting here so much  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:06 am
Ah, I noted that on your profile actually. Haha. Happy Birthday for that one anyway.
Jees, I wish there were more people like you. I dare say those whom are ladylike, eloquent and mature are more than hard enough to come by. I dare say one of my friends here is quite like that. Still...very rare these days.
I like to call myself Gentleman-like so I appreciate some of the older ways of elegance.

Well I'm glad you like it here thus far. But I dare say you've only spoken to me, well, mostly.

I'm sure if one has enough conviction they can make it in anything. I'm of the opinion that if you work for it, you'll get it. Something I don't do very well to be honest, but well, I dare say I'll improve.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Thankyou I will have to return the Happy Birthday's in November. I doubt I can forget it in such a short time.

Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era. Although I don't mind a belt being considered to be a skirt I much rather over dress for an occasion than underdress. I'd love to be always wearing complicated layers of dress and I love holding the guys are as oposed to his hand.

I think that society though would have a hard to smothering my into a lady as I tend to have my own opinion and am very strong minded. I love the formal language, however, those times portray women as obedient and always neat unless of high fortune. Much of this portrayal shows marriage to be for this fortune and not for love or passion and that would truely break my heart.

I am very convinced of my success if I put the effort in. I have had alot fall down around me in my life because I did not let myself be who I really was. People betrayed me and what not and when I finally stretched out and grabbed hold of what I really wanted my focus was on that. My dreams of being a designer is sometimes all that keeps me going in hard times. It was definitely what got me through high school.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:56 am
The similarities continue. I often think I should have been born in the 30's or so. Seems about the right era for me when I look back. I'm quite similar to my Grandfather is some respects, and he grew up in that era. I just think that's where I'd fit in hypothetically. Although I quite enjoy the time I'm living in now.

I'm a bit of an overdresser myself, I tend to be a bit of a smart casual dresser and most things I don't feel overly underdressed for.

Well in my eyes, when it comes to being ladylike, I just simply see well mannered and elegant. Refined if you will. The sex battle garbage that goes with the tag of the 'lady' I barely think about. I just like the refinement it suggests.

I'm yet to really find a focus, but I think my future lies overseas.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 pm
I think my perfect destination may lie even further back as I am quite attracted to the horse and buggy option. I would prefer a life without certain technologies and would be quite happy isolated in a small town with merely books to read and more creative activities such as painting. I like the idea of the social life being such a special occasion with balls and picnics being rather large and friendly.

I am known for overdressing for many occasions. When I am invited out to dinner for example I always wear a fairly nice dress even if we are merely going to the local pub. I think I just love to look beautiful and stand out in a croud and appreciate such compliments so extremely. I don't think I could live without compliments.

I am fairly disappointed sometimes when I was not brought up completely elegant. I am still trying to make some things more natural when it comes to certain manners. I like to be considered ladylike and I guess I hope that I will be treated like one some day and have such luxuries as never having to drive myself anywhere.

I think my future will always be in Australia as I hope to be representing Australia in the design world on a large scale. I think that no matter where I am I will always bring Australia with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:54 pm
I'm nearing the end of my second semester at Dapto TAFE. It's getting pretty close to exams, so i'm stressing out a bit  

Iraelus

kixsy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:12 am
Yeh I know how you feel. My cousin was emailing me copies of her essays just so I'd check that they made sense and what-not  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:44 am
Ah the heaven that is the 3 1/2 month uni summer hols. I nearly had a breakdown at the end of last semester everything got so hectic... I hurt my back and was out of action for a week, and then had to catch up for it. Nightmare much. I go to Sydney Uni by the way, awesome place with the sandstone, but I very definitely did not go to a north shore private school, so don't judge to harshly.  

Areliana

Rainbow Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Pieversity 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:48 am
hehe do you live in the city or train it in?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:06 am
I recently wrote on here that I'm studying Law and History... well I'm not going to be doing that anymore. I'm going to change into Sustainable Development, but also finish my History degree.  

goddess_tyche

kixsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:08 pm
I have to study Sustainability because my Major is furniture and we work mostly with wood  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff