Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:12 pm
I said replace because I can't remember any point in the Thrawn Duology that the Empire used regular TIEs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:17 pm
They supplemented, trust me.

It was something about that the remnants just couldn't get the fighters delivered on time as easily due to lacking manpower or something. So they were forced to buy other fighters to supplement the lackluster production of TIEs. The whole "buy new fighters" thing I do remember, due to the oddity of the circumstances.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:36 am
ok. cale/stellar. please give me a detailed description of the pic you want.

and also, i'm working on 2 guns. the E-54 and the G-3HJ. what's that star wars alphabet again? a link would be dandy.

the e-54 has been fully lined and most solid colors are in place, and i've made it so the collapsable stock will collapse or extend as i manipulate it in photoshop. the G-3HJ is close to line completion, but colors are still being decided. wondering whether to go with classic black or a more exotic color. when they're complete, i'll put them on a disk and upload them to this compy.

if my pic of Vera's not done by then, i'll send what is done over as a preview. if it is, then i'll send it over as a.. well, a not a preview. x3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:39 pm
Anyway... would some update/replace the original Canderous description with this one?

Quote:
Developed by MandalMotors after the second Mandalorian Civil War, the Canderous-class reflects the dramatic changes that came along with the ascension of the Mandalorian Deathwatch as the occupiers and owners of Mandalore. The vessel was meant initially as a replacement for the aging Kedalbe-class, but problems with development costs and delays led to the ship first entering service as an adjunct to the older ship.

With the stunning performance of the new Imperial Missile Destroyers that had begun appearing during the Sith-Imperial war, the designers at MandalMotors shifted the focuses of the Canderous-class away from Turbolaser cannons. Despite this the ship was centered on a single central energy weapon. The Plasma Particle Beam Cannon, or PP-BC, formed the central spar of the vessel and was developed to be a weapon capable of destroying ships of far greater size and strength then itself. Unfortunately the cannon would prove to be as much a handicap as an offensive tool.

Firing the PP-BC resulted in the complete draining of the Tibanna gas reserves onboard the vessel. This meant that once fired the ship would be unable to use any of its energy weapons until the gas reserves were replenished at a star-dock. Additionally the power required to fire the weapon would completely drain the power core, rendering the vessel incapacitated until the generators could recover, a period of about thirty seconds of complete lack of shields, sensors, and engines. Finally the weapon’s effective range was extremely limited due to the plasma beam’s tendency to be disturbed by the ionic effects of other energy weapons and the solar wind, the weapon could only be certain of causing damage at point blank ranges.

Partly to counter the shortcoming of the PP-BC, and taking the lessons dealt by the Stalwarth-class during the Sith-Imperial War the MandalMotors design team installed twenty clusters of missiles, each cluster held five Class-9 Heavy Torpedo Tubes. In addition to the missiles the designers placed three Class-3 Ion Cannons, eight Class-7 Ion Cannons, twelve Class-7 Laser Cannons, two Class-12 Turbolasers, eighty Class-7 Turbolasers and two Class-20 Turbolaser Pulsers. The Turbolasers Pulsers fired directly forward, much like the main gun, thus limiting their utility.

Because of the focus on forward firing weapons the ship was incredibly maneuverable, capable of making a 180 degree turn in less than ten seconds. Despite that the ship’s primary engine systems were incapable of propelling the vessel faster then 35 MGLTs.

The ship reflected a number of older mandalorian traditions when it came to crew capacity and survivability. The ship had a crew complement of just below two hundred; this was made possible through the extensive use of slave circuitry and automation.

For armor the ship used a unique mandalorian alloy that was very similar to that utilized in Mandalorian body armor, this gave the ship immense structural strength. You were more likely to eliminate the vessel as a threat by incurring crew losses in your attack then you were to cause its destruction. Additionally the missile tubes were designed so that they could be ejected from the ship in the case of fire or critical failure. Finally the ship featured a classic double hull and the placement of the Tibanna gas reserves immediately around the primary cannon’s xciter.

This was done for two reasons, firstly the Tibanna gas had to be close to the main cannon’s xciter in order for enough gas to be on hand to fire the weapon. Secondly the designers hoped that placing the gas there would keep it clear of hostile weapons fire. They didn’t anticipate the use of ion cannons against the ship. An ionic charge could easily cause the PP-BC to destabilize during power-up and charging. Such a hit would result in the detonation of the tibanna gas within the vessel certainly destroying the vessel in the process.

Like most mandalorian vessels, shields were of secondary importance, in combat only a single belt of shields are deployed unlike with most other combat vessels. Fortunately for its users the hull is strong enough that the second set of shields is not required.

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:37 pm
replaced.
No worries.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:17 am
finally done the guns.

i submit these for evaluation.

Quote:
Entry: 92562
Subject: Golan Arms G-3HJ
Capsule:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The G-3HJ is a next-generation blaster rifle developed by Golan Arms to give the company a competative edge in the burgeoning military market during the Legacy era. The weapon is incredibly powerful due to the improvement of plasma technology, and to make up for the increased heat given off, it is equipped with a liquid cooling system which includes a tank and pump. It is attached over the forward body of the rifle, and feeds into a capillary system that cools the blaster module. The barrel is cooled using traditional air vents.

The G-3HJ comes with a powerful HS scope which can be linked wirelessly to project into a helmet's HUD. It has enough power for 150 shots per blaster pack, loaded into the bottom of the stock. It can accomodate other blaster pack designs, but the erganomics normally suffer from such a practice. The G-3HJ carries enough gas for 5,000 shots, which can be refilled into a tank in the stock that connects to the blaster module.

The weapon is formidable in a firefight, capable for several seconds of fully automatic fire without serious risk of overheating. However, it is heavy, and the cycling motion of the liquid coolant can throw off aim or balance, although the scope compensates for this with finesse. It's accurate enough that the G-3HJ is competent as a marksman's rifle, although it is best suited for close combat and medium-distance engagements.

Quote:
Entry: 945726
Subject: Blas-tech E-54
Capsule:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blas-Tech's E-54 is heralded as a 'real' replacement for the iconic E-11 blaster rifle, used during the Galactic Cival War and well into the Yhuzaan Vong invasion. Keeping the previous requirements of compact size, good range, redundant cooling, and high energy output and building upon them for a new era of warfare, Blas-Tech created the E-54. Even more compact than the aged E-11, it still retains the capability of becoming a firearm with longer range via a collapsable stock that slides over the body of the weapon and helps it maintain a compact size.

As with the E-11, air vents and coolant capillaries are used across the body of the weapon, but a seperate chamber has been added over the body of the weapon devoted to cooling. Because the chamber itself hugs the length of the weapon, it does little to sway the balance while functioning.

And boy, does the E-54 need the cooling, because it packs a real punch. On full automatic, it can let loose 500 blaster bolts per minute, after which it's barely warm to the touch. On semi automatic (or "one shot at a time"), it is accurate to a tee, much improved over its predecessor, and the standard scope, although lacking in range, still functions effortlessly and integrates easily with most HUDs and holographic displays.

However, the clip is limited to 200 shots, and the clip requires cooling vents. The blaster module has been expanded slightly, providing the punch of current (Legacy-era) blaster (or "plasma" if you prefer) rifles in what is still a relatively small package. To access the module and remove it for maintainance, one needs only to extend the stock, and the module can be extracted out of the back of the weapon, much like that of the E-11.

Blas-Tech kept non glove-wearing shooters in mind and developed well insulated materials to protect the hands of the firer. The foregrip, though jutting cooling capillaries and vents, fits comfortably into a roughly human-sized hand, and is easily gripped by even smaller species. The gun's grip is comfortable and made of a soft material shaped erganomically to fit a hand with five fingers or less.

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:29 am
Cleared to go.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:44 am
Here's the Basilisk-class Carrier I hope to build eventually

The Basilisk is the Mandalorian answer to the Imperial Revenge-class Carriers. 4 km long, the ship is a performance carrier, focusing on naval deployment. The ship itself can launch five wings of fighters and/or bombers, and has hangar room to deploy anti-fighter frigates.

(Working on pics)
The ship itself is most similar to a cross between mandalorian Q Carriers, Mandalorian carriers, and Mandalorian dungeon ships, giving it a resulting shape similar to a long, hammer-head like bow with a huge engine drive and hangar, with outcroppings over each side to defend the three-way hangar.

The hangar itself was the most innovated part. It stretched from one end of the ship to the other side, making up the middle of the ship itself. On either end were shielded gaps for starfighters and bombers to be deployed singularly, but in the center was a gigantic retractable door that could be used to deploy entire squadrons at a time, dozens of mines at once, or entire frigates.

Weaponry included 200 class-7 turbolasers, 450 class-5 turbolasers, 300 class- 5 ion cannons, and 30 class-9 concussion missle tubes. The ship was also armed with extensive tractor beams and a grav. field projector, as well as a dozen innovated plasma cannons, similar to the ones used on Canderouses and Kedalbes. These unique, powerful weapons, relied on an energy infusion of tibanna gas and raw fusion energy, which allowed the weapons to have a constantly-regenrating energy supply while almost eliminating munition; so long as the ship maintained power, it could use these, and with devasting defense. The downside to these was they needed extreme accuracy, and only served the purpose when the ship made broadsides with an equally large ship.

Defense wise, the ship had the traditional Mandalorian heavy-armor of the time, and combined with the size of the vessel as the largest ship in the Mandalorian arsenal, you were far more likely to cook the entire crew with hot plasma in the thick ship, then you were to break through the hull. It also had an above-average shielding for most Mandal ships, allowing it to take sheer incredible amounts of damage when combined with its hull, thought the shields weren't as extnesive as those of a Revenge, or even a Nemesis.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:42 pm
yay. all posted. i need to do some pistols now.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:17 pm
@ Kenet: Um... I don't think that MandalMotors has the resources to produce cruiser scale vessels. Destroyers are a real reach for them, so I'm thinking that you're going to have to cut down the ship's size. It'd make more sense for the ship to be something of a pocket carrier. There simply aren't enough mandalorians around to crew a number of these vessels.

Plus its always better to be able to build lots of smaller vessels. If you're going to make this thing a four kilometer long behemoth expect it to take several months (6-9) for MandalMotors to build one of them. This is partly because the MandalMotors shipyards aren't KDY. They're not designed to build enormous ships...

@ Nospai Deathous: Great small arms designs. They look pretty good man. Excellent work.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:58 am
stellarmagic
@ Kenet: Um... I don't think that MandalMotors has the resources to produce cruiser scale vessels. Destroyers are a real reach for them, so I'm thinking that you're going to have to cut down the ship's size. It'd make more sense for the ship to be something of a pocket carrier. There simply aren't enough mandalorians around to crew a number of these vessels.

Plus its always better to be able to build lots of smaller vessels. If you're going to make this thing a four kilometer long behemoth expect it to take several months (6-9) for MandalMotors to build one of them. This is partly because the MandalMotors shipyards aren't KDY. They're not designed to build enormous ships...

@ Nospai Deathous: Great small arms designs. They look pretty good man. Excellent work.
I'm very much aware of that. Here's my reply.

1) Clones. Eventually, assuming my secret base never gets found out for a good while, I'll be growing clones to man these ships

2) Extending my Empire. Once we have the line between Onderon and Mandalore secure, or at least Contsruum, I'll be able to build big ships and put lots of people in them. I could also use a slave-system. Plus, I'll eventually start taking planets in the far outer rim, like Cadomai, which are beyond Imperial Space  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:59 am
I'm Nixing the carrier idea.
As much as you'd hate to hear it Kenet, I'm siding with Stellar on this one.
Mandal Motors doesnt have the production capacity to construct these monster carriers of yours and your Candarous and Kedalbe vessels as well.
To build these carriers, you'd have to cancel all production and repair efforts At MandalMotors and focus on building the prototype, which, if you hustle, will only take you three months, not including the months it would take you to research and develop it into a constructable war machine.
You need a Real Staryard in your pocket to crank out these monsters in the limited time frame you have. You also need a sith load of raw mat.
Your first priority shouldnt be conquering inhabited worlds, it should be finding resource rich locations so you can keep feeding your troops and factories.
Then, once you got that secure, you can bulk up your forces, then stab out to take a real staryard.
Then you can attempt to make the carriers.
However, you're stuck with the ships you got until then.
Might want to start getting creative.
If you need carriers that bad, retrofit some victories to be dedicated carriers. Strip off all but a quarter of their weapons, slow them down, and then you could hold more fighters.

And Stellar, regarding your statement about Dxun's moon: Its almost its own planet.
Its F'ing huge.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:52 am
Hey Nos! Check out the latest issue of Legacy! The Stormies are carting around a gun somewhat similar to the E-54!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:06 am
Also Elladan Kenet, you have to understand that in order to build 4Km long vessels you have to have a production bay that can accomodate 4Km long vessels. The only shipyards capable of building ships that larger are: Corellia, Kuat, Mon Calamari, Fondor, Bilbringi, and Rendili. Otherwise you'd have to build the ship outside of a shipyard, and thats just impractical (Not to mention significantly more time consuming).

The largest ships that MandalMotors makes are Destroyers, probably with a maximum size of about 2 Km from nose to tail. The Taris shipyard is a conversion from a cargo facility and can only barely fit the construction of Victory IVs. The bays over Wayland are large enough to construct an Acclamator but not a Victory... and Contruum. Contruum makes small ships, starfighters, light corvettes, and maybe even heavy corvettes. So it can't build anything above 300 meters in length.

@ Cale: I know Dxun is huge. The problem is you can't support two Strident Star Defenders from a single planet. They're enormous, about ten kilometers long and capable of destroying an Executor in single combat (It'd be a close match more determined by crew skill more then anything else). I don't see the mandalorians at Dxun at being able to crew such a massive vessel... let alone keep such aging Mon Calamari starships operational. You'd end up devoting almost all the resources the Mandalorians have into keep those two ships functional.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:12 am
Hmm...

Kuat and Fondor are loyal to the Empire, thus the sith have them. Mon Calimari is Community-biased, though may join for the moment. Corellia always does its own thing, so it'll give you the finger.

So Bilbringi and Rendili. Bilbringi is kinda Imperial-biased as well, but Its not so strong, and could be converted. I forget what the tendencies of Rendili are...  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff