Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are ALL goths depressed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:49 pm
CypressMoons
Goths: Don't always wear black, Don't worship satan, Are NOT evil, Do not want to kill people, Do not hate everybody, Are not always depressed, Can be happy too, Are usually nice people, Are normal, just like you..

1. More than 3/4ths of my wardrobe=black
2. I recently ended a time in which I practiced Theistic Satanism
3. Evil, no, not by my own standards
4. I do want to kill people. But I don't. Something doesn't sit well with becoming Bubba's girlfriend in the state penitentiary.
5. Personal information
6. Personal information again
7. Hundreds will tell you I'm lowest on their list of nice people
8. I'd hate to be normal.

Not trying to prove I'm "hardcore" or anything, I'm just stating my issues with that VF list.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:41 pm
-Isel-
CypressMoons
Goths: Don't always wear black, Don't worship satan, Are NOT evil, Do not want to kill people, Do not hate everybody, Are not always depressed, Can be happy too, Are usually nice people, Are normal, just like you..

4. I do want to kill people. But I don't. Something doesn't sit well with becoming Bubba's girlfriend in the state penitentiary.
5. Personal information

Not trying to prove I'm "hardcore" or anything, I'm just stating my issues with that VF list.

I like your list...  

Devils_lilboy

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:10 am
-Isel-
CypressMoons

5. Personal information

The VF list is just reactionary. That is to say, it's listing off "facts" that defy stereotypes about goths.

Ironically, all but the first three probably represent the majority of people. Which therefore makes the last sort of parodoxal- if goths are normal, then we (like everyone else) would probably want to kill certain people, hate most people, are regularly depressed, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:48 pm
not all goths are depressed, im pretty happy right now.*hugs to all*. see, happiness.  

ataraxia_18

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:41 pm
GilAskan
-Isel-
CypressMoons

5. Personal information

The VF list is just reactionary. That is to say, it's listing off "facts" that defy stereotypes about goths.

Ironically, all but the first three probably represent the majority of people. Which therefore makes the last sort of parodoxal- if goths are normal, then we (like everyone else) would probably want to kill certain people, hate most people, are regularly depressed, etc.

If goths are normal, then there is no need for a subculture/counterculture/whatever classification that the goth grouping goes under.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:57 pm
-Isel-
GilAskan
-Isel-
CypressMoons

5. Personal information

If goths are normal, then there is no need for a subculture/counterculture/whatever classification that the goth grouping goes under.

We are "normal" according to our own standards. When we see another person who would be labeled strange by other people, we accept him/her as a "normal" part of life.  

jaenus

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:27 pm
jaenus
-Isel-
GilAskan
-Isel-
CypressMoons

5. Personal information

We are "normal" according to our own standards. When we see another person who would be labeled strange by other people, we accept him/her as a "normal" part of life.

Oh. I see.

I guess the implication and intention of the term "normal" wasn't as easy to read as I'd hoped.

By "normal" I meant "akin to the majority".
neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:29 pm
i had a period in my life where i was depressed all the time. But now im over with it (CHEERS).

If you aksed me at that time if something was wrong, i would say something like "NO, not at all. Why in the world should i be deoressed?" But after i started to go for a more alternative look, i started to get more happier ^^  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

DeathIsInLoveWithMe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:26 am
Death is Questing for the (Almost) Impossible

I am at times :/ but not always, far from always. Then again, if you go through life without going through at least one depression, you're abnormal.

Won't you help her get her OMG?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:35 am
GilAskan
Goths are rarely depressed, actually. Studies show that goths tend to be pretty happy compared to most people, in fact.

Hmmm so I guess that means Im more Goth then Emo.... 3nodding  

Sautana

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:28 am
Goths aren't always depressed, but I think we're well known to be. Even on my happier days I'm depressed, and that's all the time. But I try not to let it get to me and just go about life trying to get through just like everyone else.

I say Goths are not normal or like most people. Compared to the majority of society I feel we are quite different, but we do have to deal with the same major things in our lives such as love, money, work, illness, and anything of basic things in life. But by different we go about and see life through a different light.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:54 am
Well, not all the time. Most of them aren't and some really enjoy their life more than other people. Emo people are more depressed.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:00 am
-Diabolica-PH-
GilAskan
Goths are rarely depressed, actually. Studies show that goths tend to be pretty happy compared to most people, in fact.

Hmmm so I guess that means Im more Goth then Emo.... 3nodding

What you're saying makes no sense. How does what GilAskan said compare to your involvement in one subculture over another?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 pm
Being depressed has not much if anything to do with being a goth unless your being bullied about it like. Here is an example for you, my girlfriend broke up with me after eight months. Now which ego of mine would be more depressed? the goth or the average joe? see? its just stuff that happens everyone lol. But then again being looked down upon by the majority of people is enough of a reason to depress some lol. Some mind you haha  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:20 pm
Nockz the Dark Cellist
Being depressed has not much if anything to do with being a goth unless your being bullied about it like. Here is an example for you, my girlfriend broke up with me after eight months. Now which ego of mine would be more depressed? the goth or the average joe? see? its just stuff that happens everyone lol. But then again being looked down upon by the majority of people is enough of a reason to depress some lol. Some mind you haha

Some people get depressed because of things that happen in their lives, but for some people depression is systemic. Genetic. They're born with it and they feel it all their lives (unless it's contained with medication). But in either case, it's got nothing to do with being gothic. Depressed people, whether they were born with it or not, aren't any more likely to become goths than anyone else.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff