Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Evil-Olive

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:20 pm
I read a lot. Reading is my life. <3
I've loved to read since I was able too.
But I seem to read less now because of school and homework.
But on weekends, I am almost always reading.

As for the goths loving to read and what not, I haven't met many. Apperently it's cool to be a drop-out, do drugs and rebel against teachers. Did I miss a fad?

I play viola. I'm such a nerd. :B
I haven't writen any music yet, and haven't played for long.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:47 pm
Dude, I used to play the Viola!
eek
But... I quit because I could take much more s**t from my Orchestra teacher. I was seriously about to bit her head off...

But yes, back to the topic. I read, I alwasy read. Last nigh, I finished New Moon by Stephaie Meyer. That woman's ******** genius!
heart  

Bakurish

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:17 pm
Look out, major nerd coming through.

I read ALOT. I have a new book almost every single day. the only class I do really bad in is math. I'm terrific at science. My friends tease me all the time about my nerdy-ness. lol  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:44 pm
i read i just got done with sun zu's art of war its long but good  

starkespada

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:47 pm
I just got don reading a book about these four kids who get locked up in an attic and was abused by theyr grandmother, quite a disturbing book actually  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:22 am
I have proven myself literate on many occasions, but I'll admit that recently I've been reading Lovecraft pretty much exclusively.  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:50 am
XWraith_LordX
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I still read, but sadly not as much as I would like to... I am usually being kidnapped by my buddies, or have things to do around the house that keep me from reading... I still have a passion for reading though....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:17 am
Well, not the Red Badge of Courage. I mean, if that's your criutera for reading, I don't. But I do go to b ookstores, and get books that are in fact, filled with words.  

Rowan Birch

Pixelated Awesome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:53 pm
Very nice.

I actually picked up a copy of Dante's Inferno the other day.

Fascinating... it's in Italian, AND English, side by side. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:36 pm
I read way to much for my own good. I read so much in bad light that I had to get glasses.  

Acid_PopTart

starkespada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:04 pm
~Alucard_The_Hellhound~
Very nice.

that is a good one  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:07 pm
Ahh, Dante.

That book is quite possibly the best source of strange insulting/threatening phrases I've come across. ^_^  

Vexworth

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:13 pm
sasorixd99
~Alucard_The_Hellhound~
Very nice.

that is a good one

Just based on your "that is a good one" i think i'll check it out.

I was reading Jane Eyre the other day (marvelous book!) when my grandmother came and started talking a milliom miles a minute to me. I hate it when people disturb me when i'm reading, it throws me out of "the zone".... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:11 pm
Well, as long as I don't get beaten down for reading one of the most offensive pieces of literature in the history of man. ^_^

Dante is the guy who wrote all of the disturbing things about the different levels of Hell, and what happens there. mrgreen Joyfulness.  

Pixelated Awesome

supa no tamago

Shy Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:30 pm

User ImageSing as if no one is listening, dance as if no one is watching…User Image

I don't read offten but when I read I READ. You can't get me awaaaay from my book. I'm glued to it.

I read all sorts of material from western and Japanese comics, junk books and novels. Lately it's been more of the junk books...but that's because I'm EXTREMELY picky with my material.

Usually if it's not a Best Seller, I can't read it.

User Image…love as if you have never been hurt before, live as if there is Heaven on Earth.User Image

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff