Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims 3
The Sims 3 (Official Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ARE YOU EXCITED?!
  YESHH! O______________O
  Blegh. No.
View Results

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:14 am
Bear in mind these are probably pre-render images as well. Like with the art pictures for the Sims 2. The Sims in those always look smoother than they actually are.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:15 am
a forgotten death eater
The ExtraordinaryLauren
I totally agree- It looks a lot like second life. I am still disappointed with the sims in this 3. And freckles, all I want is some freckles for my sims! (I'll probably complain about freckles until they add them, hahaha)
well if you leave a sims hygiene low for 5 days they get zits which look like freckles

Oh yes because everyone with freckles looks like they have zits all over their body. Gee how attractive. stare

a forgotten death eater
-getting killed by chuck norris(he comes to your house and punches you so hard you fly into a wall a die)

Hahah that's a hell-of-a way to die.

Yeah, the promo video for sims 2 was nothing like the way they look now so I guess we can always hope for better imaging later on with sims 3.

The Extraordinary Lauren

a forgotten death eater

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:46 pm
The Extraordinary Lauren
a forgotten death eater
The ExtraordinaryLauren
I totally agree- It looks a lot like second life. I am still disappointed with the sims in this 3. And freckles, all I want is some freckles for my sims! (I'll probably complain about freckles until they add them, hahaha)
well if you leave a sims hygiene low for 5 days they get zits which look like freckles

Oh yes because everyone with freckles looks like they have zits all over their body. Gee how attractive. stare

a forgotten death eater
-getting killed by chuck norris(he comes to your house and punches you so hard you fly into a wall a die)

Hahah that's a hell-of-a way to die.

Yeah, the promo video for sims 2 was nothing like the way they look now so I guess we can always hope for better imaging later on with sims 3.
trust me ive been making ideas for sims 3 since sims2

has anyone thought that if you could go anywhere to your town you could go to a sims job or school?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:44 pm
Work and school has been mentioned in the articles so far. You don't get to go there but you do get more control over what your Sims do there. When your Sims go to work you can choose if they work hard or slack off or stay late. Things like that. I'm guessing the same principal is applied to school.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Chikiya

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:46 pm
Menaceman
Work and school has been mentioned in the articles so far. You don't get to go there but you do get more control over what your Sims do there. When your Sims go to work you can choose if they work hard or slack off or stay late. Things like that. I'm guessing the same principal is applied to school.
That sounds really good actually, although it's going to take a lot more than that to make me contemplate actually buying this game when it comes out.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:57 pm
Menaceman
hmmmmm now that you say that i can imagine kids (teens probably) able to get detentions (suspension or expulsion would rock)  

a forgotten death eater

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:45 am
Menaceman
I don't think that you would/should be able to control that.
I think that it should be based on their personality points.
Such as, someone who is lazy will slack off and someone who is serious will work hard.

If you let people choose, they're all going to choose for their sim to work hard.

Unless everyone is as sadistic as I am and enjoys ruining their sims lives.
xD

I would really want to see my children/teens being able to have the summer off from school.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:16 am
Menaceman

i think this would be ace, if you can actually folloy your sims to wherever they are going like work or school and make them do what you want them to, me and my sister will spend years and years just playing this game and all its expansion packs (if there will be any, i dont yet know!) and having sleeples nights thinking of what we are going to do with our sims when we next play on the game!!! lol  

ebony_t

RoyelF e c k

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:00 pm

-mumblemumble-

When I heard about the Sims 3 my whole world came crashing down. D;

Basically... All my custom downloads go -trash- All my money goes -trash- And....... The Sims 2 is a graphic heavy memory hog. All this new stuff they're mentioning in the Sims 3 seems like a complete memory-eater.

But moving on as to the game itself... I think the objects and landscaping shots are completely amazing. I love the buildings and nature designs, they could lead to some pretty keen story making and enjoyable gameplay.

But the Sims in game thus far.... Uhhh... I agree not too sexilicious.

As for gameplay I can't help but drool! It sounds like the Sims' A.I in this edition of the game is on a new level. I like how they mention truly unique personalities and allowing sims to walk through neighborhoods sounds sooo cool!

But overall my advice is to.... Wait, Watch and Listen. I would totally sit back and see how people review the Sims 3 before making a purchase. Kinda like how Windows Vista was supposed to be the kickass new version of PC software... and turned out to be the devil in lambs skin. Sounds pretty and cool but I'm nervous as far as base game funtioning goes... I don't want it killing my comp. D;

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:50 am
I can't wait! xd

but..

Before Sims 3 comes out, I would have to buy a new computer because Sims 2 lags so much on my labtop.

I'm kinda glad that we don't have to worry too much about the eight traditonal needs. It's going to be more condensed so we can spend more time focusing more on relationships and careers.  

sachiko_k

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:40 pm
I'll definitely have to buy a new computer.
D;

But I do like the gameplay, or how it looks so far anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:18 pm
Wow....I haven't posted in awhile. O.O

Anyway, I was reading up on it.

And while the new features seem pretty cool and all, I don't like the whole "global aging" feature.  

Noembelu

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:25 am
I just noticed that the sims have like, no detail to their ears whatsoever.
D:

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:37 pm
maggot disaster
I just noticed that the sims have like, no detail to their ears whatsoever.
D:

User Image
Arrgh now that's scary! D:

As default genetics they aren't bad, but I still think they aren't as pretty as Sims 2 sims, in all their custom content glory (in my game anyway xd )  

Chikiya

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:20 pm
Well, I'll probably buy it anyway even if I might not like it, because I love the Sims just that much. XD  
The Sims 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff