Welcome to Gaia! ::

+++The Fall of Roses+++

Back to Guilds

The story of Osiris City and the supernatural creatures which inhabit it. (Come play with us...) 

Tags: vampires, witches, werewolves, literate, semi-literate 

Reply Osiris City
The Talamasca Motherhouse Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:09 pm
"I severely doubt so," David answered in a bland manner, flipping the pages slightly faster once Sabata was finished with his description. "But the red files here---we keep all records of paranormal events or activity that we cannot discern or classify in these files. If we've seen the 'Moon's Eye' before, it'll be listed here." Aaron, meanwhile, was lost in space, absorbed in thought, slumped ove rin his seat. If Antha and Atticus should walk through that door in one moment you'd hate yourself all night, David teased him cheerily, a smile coming to his pale lips suddenly as he reviewed the text. "I suggest you get to work on those records. Time is fleeting."

"We'll go take care of your thirst," Singe told Atticus shortly as Antha spoke, his voice slightly masked by her words in Rynn's ears. "Vikteren." This was merely a statement, an introduction almost, as Singe stood looking at the vampire he had never officially met. The name came to him from Antha. "We're going to hunt. You need blood too, don't you?" He channeled a few images from Antha to Vikteren to show him that he knew the earlier events of the night already. In worrying about her, he had been as powerful as Zeus in prying open her thoughts as she spoke idly about Rynn's problem.
"We should leave the witches to their work for now, until we are needed," Atticus commented lightly, rising from his bed and watching the third vampire calmly. In his head there had always been a divine barrier between witches and vampires, one which he was often reluctant to cross in many areas.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:54 am
.David Talbot.
"I severely doubt so," David answered in a bland manner, flipping the pages slightly faster once Sabata was finished with his description. "But the red files here---we keep all records of paranormal events of activity that we cannot discern or classify in these files. If we've seen the
'Moon's Eye' before, it'll be listed here." Aaron, meanwhile, was lost in space, absorbed in thought. If Antha and Atticus should walk through that door in one moment you'd hate yourself all night, David teased him cheerily, a smile coming to his pale lips suddenly as he reviewed the text. "I suggest you get to work on those records. Time is fleeting."

"We'll go take care of your thirst," Singe told Atticus shortly as Antha spoke, his voice slightly masked by her words in Rynn's ears. "Vikteren." This was merely a statement, an introduction almost, as Singe stood looking at the vampire he had never officially met. The name came to him from Antha. "We're going to hunt. You need blood too, don't you?" He channeled a few images from Antha to Vikteren to show him that he knew the earlier events of the night already. In worrying about her, he had been as powerful as Zeus in prying open her thoughts as she spoke idly about Rynn's problem.
"We should leave the witches to their work for now, until we are needed," Atticus commented lightly, rising from his bed and watching the third vampire calmly. In his head there had always been a divine barrier between witches and vampires, one which he was often reluctant to cross in many areas.

Vikteren had remained silent throughout the discussion, duly noting and accepting his lack of experience in such matters. His own talents extended to nothing more than a few rudimentary but durable wards his sire had taught him a few hundred years ago, before they had left. Upon Singe’s invitation, he looked up. “The offer is…appreciated, but I feel that I should remain with Antha.” He explained.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:16 am
At his response to Singe's invitation Antha turned quickly to face Vikteren, her expression one of vague confusion for only a second before a momentary smile came to her face, so free of any concealed emotion that she imagined Singe and Atticus, knowing her best, would be shocked to see it. "Off to David's office," she announced calmly, making her way to the door where she stopped briefly to give a little wave of her hand to Atticus and Singe before she stood again in the dim hallway, waiting for Rynn and Vikteren.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:14 pm
+Rotting Lunacy+
At his response to Singe's invitation Antha turned quickly to face Vikteren, her expression one of vague confusion for only a second before a momentary smile came to her face, so free of any concealed emotion that she imagined Singe and Atticus, knowing her best, would be shocked to see it. "Off to David's office," she announced calmly, making her way to the door where she stopped briefly to give a little wave of her hand to Atticus and Singe before she stood again in the dim hallway, waiting for Rynn and Vikteren.

The vampire did not look again at Singe or Atticus, only followed Antha out into the hall, masking a slight wince. It was shameful that anyone--Antha, and now Singe--knew of this night's...lapse. He could imagine his sire's reaction. It was true that Vikteren had been somewhat neglecting his own needs since the last city, but that was no excuse for such a display of weakness.  

Vikteren
Crew

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:25 pm
Don't be ashamed, she began almost fearfully, taking a careful hold of his hand as she looked up into his eyes. Things happen...things we can't control. Quickly she smiled at him, vague but reassuring. Singe was kind because he collapsed in Sleet's chambers once just as you did. He swears he saw another world for a moment. I had to call for Siren to save him. Her smile grew grimmer for a moment, then bounced right back as if a sudden darkness hadn't just sparked within her. "We'll see you later," she assured her other two vampire companions in her softest tone before twirling around and starting off towards David's office again. She was shivering slightly, but her attention was elsewhere for the moment and so fully devoted to the subject that she could spare none for her own awareness.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Singe watched until Antha, Vikteren, and (presumably) Rynn were out of sight before returning to Atticus. "She's going to die one day," he reminded him, his voice never so bitter.
"Never," Atticus threw in lightly, fully certain of himself. "With all the vampires who cherish her, never. We'll bow to the vampire princess one day."
Singe was silent, thinking, as he retrieved for Atticus his velvet cloak. "Think Vikteren would do it?"
Atticus shook his head from side to side as he fastened the cloak around his neck. "If she were dying maybe. But no, he's detached from us. We have our world here, and he's an outsider. He doesn't love Antha. And he's too...well, you know, uptight." Speaking of someone in such a way made Atticus feel bad, so he abruptly quieted himself. "Come on." Making certain Singe was behind him, he hopped into the window and straight into the night sky.

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

Rynn Calais

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:33 am
Rynn lingered a moment longer than Vikteren and Antha, wanting to say good-bye to Singe--and thank him--but he wasn't counting on Antha to wait for him. After a few seconds of indecision, he settled for a half-wave and a shy, slightly apologetic smile before he hurried after Antha and her companion again. It was odd. He didn't care for the dark-haired vampire Antha was dragging around with her like a puppy, and was indifferent towards Atticus, but Singe--the boy who spoke with the authority and intelligence of an adult--he was drawn to. He caught up with Vikteren and Antha, and pushed thoughts of such matters out of his head with a petty jibe. "So," he asked, cocking his head to one side and adopting a skeptical tone. "Is your companion here simply to make sure I don't attempt to murder you where you stand, or are you supposed to keep him from snacking on the next pretty face he sees?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:43 pm
"Vikteren is a friend," she said simply, glancing back at Rynn, "He's here because without him, I'd be massacred." She had to think on her tone for a moment after she had spoken these words. After so long of dealing with Sleet and Persephone and dodging rogues, she didn't seem to find the idea odd and so she spoke breezily of her untimely doom. "So tell me, what did you think of Atticus? He seems to think highly of you, but I can't really tell until he's returned to his senses." She gave a quick little giggle before continuing. "And I'm surprised Singe took so well to you too. Atticus and I are the only ones he knows that he hasn't honestly tried to kill before. Though that's not really his fault---he just has a very...explosive personality."
She had to glance briefly at Vikteren, curious about his reaction to Rynn's comment. She wasn't sure he would take it so well, given the few reactions she'd seen so far. She imagined he had even minorly frightened David.

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

Vikteren
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:08 pm
Rynn Calais
Rynn lingered a moment longer than Vikteren and Antha, wanting to say good-bye to Singe--and thank him--but he wasn't counting on Antha to wait for him. After a few seconds of indecision, he settled for a half-wave and a shy, slightly apologetic smile before he hurried after Antha and her companion again. It was odd. He didn't care for the dark-haired vampire Antha was dragging around with her like a puppy, and was indifferent towards Atticus, but Singe--the boy who spoke with the authority and intelligence of an adult--he was drawn to. He caught up with Vikteren and Antha, and pushed thoughts of such matters out of his head with a petty jibe. "So," he asked, cocking his head to one side and adopting a skeptical tone. "Is your companion here simply to make sure I don't attempt to murder you where you stand, or are you supposed to keep him from snacking on the next pretty face he sees?"

Vikteren didn't slow. He continued on without even sparing a glance at the witch boy. "I assure you," he replied, his tone as brutally courteous and well-bred as Rynn's. "if by 'a pretty face', you mean your own, you need not be concerned. If I desired you--" and a little glance over his shoulder, a cold smile at Rynn, "--you would have been made well aware of the fact by now."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:08 am
Unable to keep from laughing, Antha instantly put her hand to her mouth to suppress the sound of giggling, her head turned only slightly away as if to hide this fact from them. The moment she regained control she turned her eyes carefully on Vikteren, playful grin to her lips, "Come now, don't scare him off." Another small, faint laugh she couldn't contain. "What fun will he be if he's already frightened?" Finally coming upon the reception room, Antha was up the stairs and at the door to David's office in the blink of an eye. She was quiet upon entering however, so much so that David, were he to be absorbed in work and thought alike as always, wouldn't even notice her presence.
Smiling briefly at Aaron and Sabata as she passed, she rounded the great desk and hopped up onto an empty space of it before David, her finger pressing down the document in his hands so that she could see the inverted text. "A new disaster of epic proportions to take care of, ducky dear?"

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:02 pm
David glanced up briefly, blinking at her vast eyes. "Tell me princess, have you ever heard mention among the vampires of something called the 'Moon's Eye' or someone named Django?" His eyes focused politely on her as he spoke, though no sooner had he stopped speaking that he glanced past her at Vikteren and Rynn, smiling as if to welcome them in. But immediately his attention was given over again to Antha, silently prompting an honest answer.
Aaron, who had bolted up into perfect posture the moment he had seen her flash of red hair sweep past him, glanced tiredly around the room, throwing a half-wave at Rynn and looking briefly to Vikteren and then Sabata, who he'd forgotten sat beside him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:40 am
Sabata waited anxiously for Antha's reply, not even noticing the others who followed her. If Antha had heard of the artifact, then maybe she knew where it was, and if she did... he doubted she'd let him take it out of the city but he could deal with that later.  

ninja of Persia

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:05 pm
As if to remind him that his attention belonged to her, she cupped his chin in one pale hand and adjusted his head so that his gaze was only for her. "Django...?" Her eyes swivelled thoughtfully, her sights diverting to the high ceiling. "I seem to recall the name. But..." She sighed softly, leaning forward and pressing her forehead to David's. "You know how my memories of those days in the crypts are."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:56 pm
"Think carefully," he said with a sigh and a small tap of his finger against the desk. "Think about the door to Sleet's chamber. Think about his coffin. Think about the cage hanging over the main chamber. Could you have heard anything about him from the vampires? Or even possibly seen him pass through?" Knowing how cruel the very words were, and even more so the thing he was asking of her and the memories he was trying to draw out, he held tightly to her hand. "Think. Django."
"David---" Aaron cut his eyes hostilely at the man, though they switched every few moments to Antha in something like fear. He preferred it when he was the only one trying to do her any harm, though he had never done anything a fraction so drastic.
David ignored him. "You were in the crypts with Vikteren tonight, weren't you? That must have brought back those memories more strongly than I ever can."

.David Talbot.
Vice Captain

XCandy and LunacyX
Captain

Rainbow Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:16 pm
Antha merely sighed softly and closed her eyes, the image of damp dirt and stained stone walls flickering into her mind. "If I recall correctly..." She stared through the eyes of her memory for several more moments in silence, observing the imagery and sounds around her through a hazy film which her mind had constructed in a failed attempt to banish the entire ordeal from her mind. "Persephone came once to accost Sleet for not killing me. Well...no, I think there was more to it than that. In any case, she brought someone with her, I think. He wore a cloak and, unless my memory serves incorrectly, he was tall. It's too blurry to make out anything else. But I know I saw Sleet through the door with them and I think he was worried about the man. He kept yelling and threatening to drag them out by their intestines. That name---I swear I heard it. Sleet's voice, I believe." She let the image shatter messily and fall back into the depths of her mind as her eyes fluttered open and she stared curiously at David, head cocked to the side in curiosity. "I'm not sure if that was him, but I know either Sleet or Persephone said that name to the other that night." Twisting so that she could look over her shoulder without hurting herself, her eyes found Sabata. "Does that help at all?"

Osiris City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff