Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Is there anyone here NOT christian> o_O; Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emo_killer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:19 pm
Draining Deadly Rainbows
I'm a Pagan.
Plain and simple.

My family's backround is full of witches and magick,
And I abide by that.
It'd be difficult to be a gothic witch,
And be Christian, no?

But, yeah.
I've lost many of friends to Christianity.
Therefore I highly dislike it.
Along with that and it's hilarious rules.
I'm a Transsexual, and I'm a Pansexual.
The bible says girls can't pretend to be guys.
Bam. Strike one.
It says that man must lay with woman.
Strike two.
It says that those who drink blood are turned away from God.
Bam. I just landed on Satan's lap.
Much more comfy than the Christian religion,
I must say.

Wow... Your freakin awesome, If I do say so myself... ^_^
Also, I must say I agree whole-heartedly with you... Ive lost some of my best friends to christianity... Although what gets me is that their interpretations of what they believe in doesnt sound like christianity at all... it sounds more like a freakin cult!!! So now my best friend whom Ive known for years cant even talk to me... I havent seen her in months. crying

But oh well. That was the life she chose.

I myself am Wiccan. Ive been practicing for over seven years now. My views on the Christian religion is less than tasteful, and not at all politically correct... Okay to be blunt, with all my bad experiences involving the Christian religion, I would say I hate it and everyone associated with it. But since I am taught through Wicca that we must accept all others, even if they do not accept us, and that we should not judge or ridicule them based on their beliefs, when weve been judged and ridiculed and killed for ours.... I say that people are entitled to believe whatever they want to believe. For all I care people can worship squirrels and live in a commune of tree-houses and throw nuts at eacother. It doesnt affect me.

I live my life how I choose to live it, and I have fun doing it! And if people dont agree with my beliefs or my actions, then they can piss off. Hey... Better to be an Open Sinner than a False Saint.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:44 pm
Why are so many of you, doing what you claim to hate and demonising something you know next to nothing about. I was raised Christian and made a choice about my faith. Its not the most popular choice ever, but its mine.

The end of the day, there are so many denominations for Christianity its unfair to judge them all. You people slating something, that whilst I may not believe in myself, has brought happiness to millions of people.  

Rellik San
Crew

EXH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:21 pm
I don't dislike christians.

I just dislike peole who are nasty to me for no other reason besides "he looks different."

And dislike when people preach thier faith to me, also.

Many a christian has been nasty to me, and have tried to preach to me.

I don't really react to such occurences. I kind of just... observe the situation, and laugh to myself afterward.

There's nothing wrong with christians. But nasty, overbearing people are another thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:54 pm
Thank you, Emo_Killer.

And, I understnad your point, Gil.
Completely.
I just don't get lopped in with all of those other "Paganistic Groups"
I don't give a ******** and a half about who does what,
Or who hates who.
I'm a Pagan, full and whole.
I give my offerings to the Gods.
I practice magick properly,
And anyone who doesn't like the way I do things can jog on.

But, I do understnad what you're saying.
I simply worded my "I've lost friends" bit improperly.

Apoligies for my insolence on the subject,
But that's how I see things.
Not many can word what the young see in their views,
No?

I'm much younger than most of you,
Therefore I'm not as knowledgable.
But..
-Shrugs-
There's my views and I stick to them.

Draining Deadly Rainbows

emo_killer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:12 pm
Hey... Im not trying to say you guys are wrong, meaning you Christian folk... Im just saying that there are those people out there who interpret the bible in a very messed up way... Years ago, I was dragged to this Christian youth camp thing, and these people practically tried to burn me at the stakes for wearing a necklace!! and it wasnt even a pentagram! They stole my jewelry, my wiccan bible, and my book of shadows... burned everything... and then tried to baptise me...

But even though I do harbor some sense of resentment towards those people... I still try to treat everyone with the same respect and courtesy that I want to be treated with. In other words, Even though Ive been shot down and treated like dirt, I hold no ill will towards anyone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:32 pm
I'm a proud...agnostic. I used to be Presbyterian before I had to get conformed. Then as I was going through the process, I began to question my belief in the Lord and "Jesus Christ the Savior". Wiccan or Islam may be my next religion, I'm not sure. I could just end up being a kind atheist that won't go around telling people that God does not exist.  

bonitachocolat

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:41 pm
GilAskan
KoRnfucius
I am also having an increasingly difficult time tolerating Christianity. I understand that everyone has the right to their own beliefs, but please, stop pushing them onto me or telling me I'm going to Hell unless I go along with your thoughts. It's annoying, and if anything, I would think that would push more people away than reel them in. I haven't noticed any other religions that do that. And as a child when I was forced to go to Sunday school I was always confused by certain things I was taught. I got yelled at and called something along the lines of "Satan's child" by pastors just for asking innocent questions like,"What about dinosaurs?" I wasn't trying to start s**t, I was 6 years old, it was just a question. I dunno. I could go on about this forever I suppose, but there's no point in that really. I just can't bring myself to believe in it or love it in any way.

You can pretty much say all of the same things about any religion, or irreligion.

Everything you accuse Christianity of I've had experiences with Islam, Judaism, Scientology, and Wicca. And most commonly, atheism. I can't even count the number of times I've been looked down on by atheists, or outright insulted by atheists for holding deist beliefs.
Yeah there are people of other beliefs who often do the exact same thing,but I guess nobody cares what anyone that's not christian does or says to someone,cause' you know..Chirstianity is out to get us all xd rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:50 am
I am proud to be a christian.
And god doesn't hate goths.
It's fake what people say about god hating goths. 3nodding  

chickajasmine

shadowcat715

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:08 am
Well. I'm not Christian, though I do worship a band as God (or rather, Gott)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:36 pm
I am a christian yes unlike most of my friends. Alot of them know I go to mass every sunday yet alot also dont. Do I have anything against Wiccans or pagans or any other belief system? Not at all. I take the open minded approach and accept that other people believe different things. However I just like it when people say my beliefs go against this and that. Like sexuality. Just because the church says its wrong to be gay doesn't mean I believe it too. I think its kinda similar to when someone says “your evil because goths are.” Yeah for some goths they are evil and thats all well and good but its really just individuals so some will apply to certain ideas of a goth but not necessarily everyone will.  

Nockz the Dark Cellist

Celestial Anachronism

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:30 am
I have no religion!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:46 am
i agnostic, i beleive there is something just i don't know what. besides, i was kicked out of my church and im not alowed back.  

ataraxia_18

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces