Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

krigan

Dapper Smoker

3,825 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:28 pm
If I die I die theres no point in being afraid.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:45 pm
RedRosez
The Goth Apple
I heard an excellent theory of why death is feared the other day. In essense, it works like this.

A millioniare randomly meets you and tells you that they want to send you on a trip across the world. They will pay for everything, and you can go anywhere you want and do anything you want. He will pay for all of your expensies, buy you anything you might need, and things you won't need but will like anyway. The only things he requires of you is that you leave now, with only the clothes on your back, take nothing with you, finish no projects, and tell no one where you are going. The question is, do you accept?

Most people don't want to go with those conditions, and that's why we fear death.

That actually makes sense 3nodding You haven't finished all of what you have wanted to accomplish in life and you would have left others behind that you were not ready to leave, which I really don't think there is ever a point in someone's life where they are really ready for that.

Interesting O.o Never thought of it like that. W/e I dont fear death, i dont see the point. Totally agree with Wraith its how you die that should scare you. I cant afford to die now, theres just too much I havent done.  

ArcticWolf - Kiba

4,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xAyee Foo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:52 pm
I do think about wanting to die and Im not afraid of it. I always have dreams about me and my bf dying together..or I just see images of me or him dying alone. The pain from death doesnt scare me thou; me having the love for pain, I dont fear it. I deal with pain everyday so Im just used to it. I have had some deaths to deal within my past and had one recently. One death was my great aunt about 2 years ago. The recent one, about 2 weeks ago is my dog Pepper who was 10. She died from stomach cancer that she had for almost 2 months. A lot of pain to deal with that one since I was the first one to witness her death. This is how i saw her death.. I get up from sleeping to get me something to eat. I wanted to see where my cat Yoshi was since I hadnt seen her all day and night. I also wanted to check on Pepper too, good time to check on both animals. So after picking what I wanted to fix and let it cook for awhile, went in the living room to see about the pets. First thing I noticed was Pepper just laying there and not looking up at me like usual when I walk past her. Touched her paw and it was stiff.. then I held her face, very stiff. I went into my room to get a flashlight after that. When I put the flashlight towards her..eyes were wide open..lifeless. I cried right beside her, holding her for 30 minutes and then told grandma (who lives with me and my mother) about her dying. I couldnt tell my mother about it since she was sleeping. It was 6:45 am est when I saw Pepper's death so it was hard to keep it in until after 8 am est to tell my mother (that is how long she sleeps). She got up at 8:15 am est..and when I told her she broke down more then I did. The weird thing was we were going to have her put to sleep that same day too but she ended up dying. I cried for most of the day on and off. I had that dog since I was 6, same with the cat I have left. Those two played together all the time..I miss seeing that now. Yes I still cry about Pepper since she was a childhood memory too. I know once your dead you go to a better place and your in no more pain if your sick badly. So I feel happy that my aunt and my dog went to somewhere better but at the same time I do miss them both. So I really dont fear anything towards death since I have delt with it repeatedly and the way I can deal with different types of pain. Sorry if I wrote too much but I wanted to state a opinion and my thoughts. ^_^

~TaimatsShadow~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:45 pm
It is not death that I fear.
It's losing the people that I love to death, be it my death or theirs.
This year, three people I was friends with died. And each one hurt me badly. But I knew not a single one of them was scared of dying, just leaving us behind. That's basically how I am.

I'm scared to die. I don't want to die. But only because I will be losing so many people dear to me, and they will lose me. Death is something that the living cannot understand, and I personally do not believe you should fear what you do not understand, for it's virtually pointless. I also believe it is pointless to fear the inevitable. The majority of our lives will be spent accepting things we cannot change, and we cannot change the fact that we will all die (physically, at least) eventually.

What really matters is what we do while we are living, and leaving the people we know and love with happy, loving memories to cherish.  

Siermana

Ruthless Lunatic

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gaian 50

Kalda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 pm
Dying is an inevitablility and people are generally and naturally afraid of not death itself, but dying. We don't often worry about never coming back to life, but the simple fact of wondering "how are we going to die?" or "how do we want to die?" We shouldn't fear death because there is nothing to fear. Nothing is going to happen to our bodies aside from rotting flesh. Our spirit doesn't go anywhere. There is no such thing as hell and most of us aren't even going to heaven. Our body just happens to fill holes in the ground, provide plants with fertilization and that's it. The only thing we should fear is dying of unnatural causes.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:03 pm
How can one live life, if they're always worrying about how much time they have left?
If you think that way, it will become an gnawing thought that will control your life  

RealCaptainRavenBlackwing

Quillvore_Doomfiend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:46 pm
I don't believe death is the end. So, I'm not afraid of it. But I do believe that the things we do in this life matters. We don't realize that our life is like a breath. We aren't here for very long at all. We get caught up in what we are doing and ourselves.
I guess my hope is that when I am at the end of my life, whether it is short or long, I will feel that what I spent my time doing was worth it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:22 pm
I only fear that I die before doing things I want to do. Dying old holds no fear for me.  

Laharl Part Deux

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:34 pm
I don't think one should fear death. For once our heart starts to beat, we are always a step closer to death and should learn that we are all destined to die. If we are to learn to respect it and learn from it then one wouldn't fear death but embrace it. Like my step-grandmother just found out she might not live to see this Christmas and she is content with it. Me, I don't fear death nor am I wanting to die but if I die well I die.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:11 am
My take on it is this.

Yes, death is the end of our life experience, yes there is nothing after (btw im Atheist) as far as we know. Thus it is like any unknown / new experience, there is always a little bit of natural fear involved. However, i believe it is unhealthy to dwell upon this fear as it is only a natural part of our being, whether we like it or not.

To not fear at all is to dehumanize oneself, or at least take a step towards dehumanization. Don't get me wrong however as dehumanization is not necessarily a bad thing, keep in mind, humanity is imperfect, thus who that is human can call that which is not human imperfect? That would be hypocritical now wouldn't it.  

Calantha Josephine

2,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

emo_killer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:45 pm
As humans we are already pre-destined to fear what we do not understand. Quite frankly, we dont know what happens after death. Do we go to heaven or hell as the christian bible decrees? Or are we reincarnated?

It doesnt make any sense to fear the inevitable. But as mortals its natural. No one wants to die, but the cold hard truth is that we do. We see death every day and it scares us because it makes us aware of just how fragile we really are. When you break us down, were just a body filled with working parts. Anything can happen to cause any one or more of those parts to stop working. Heart attack, Cancer, Luchemia. Whatever it is that eventually does us in. Could even be as simple as a car accident.

What amazes me is what people do to eachother every day. We rape, murder and kill eachother for no apparent reason. We even make it a law to kill those who commit such crimes. Its like were all trying to play god in our own way.

My boyfriends sister put it best when she said: "Do not fear Death, Fear an Unlived Life."

No one knows what happens when we die. What we all want in this life is to make the best of what we have, for however long we have it. And in short, thats the most we can hope for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:18 am
I don't fear death at all, it will be rest for me and the natural end of my life. However, I do fear the death of my loved ones, living the rest of my life without them.  

Abortion Clinic

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:51 pm
Abortion Clinic
I don't fear death at all, it will be rest for me and the natural end of my life. However, I do fear the death of my loved ones, living the rest of my life without them.

I think about that as well. Will I be at my brothers funerals or will they be at mine?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:33 am
I'm terrified by death...I mean I use many death-related things in my designs..but it scares me beyond anything. ._.;;;  

Un Petite Mont Blanc

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 am
The only reason I fear death is because I fear the grief of my loved ones. I want to live a very long life because I don't want them to grieve so badly, which I know they would. Of course, I don't want them to die early either. I just feel that I don't want them to have that pain of losing me.

As for the actual cross over (or whatever you want to call it) I'm not scared of that at all. I'm not absolutely positive of what will happen but no matter. I wish to death (haha) though that wherever it is that I end up (assuming that's what happens) it is a good and peaceful place. Even if it's reincarnation, I hope that life is well and without too much stress. But whatever it is I just want it to be well.

So yah that's all I want from death. I want my loved ones and I to live a long life, and I pray that no matter where we end up it's peaceful and kind to us.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff