Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
=Soquili Stats Bonus Questions= December Questions Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:36 am
Owner's Name: Green Ever After
User Image
Participating Soquili: Nokomis
Link to Teepee: Teepee

What do you feel the biggest flaw in being courageous would be?:
"Being over confident in a situation, not realizing your earthly limitations." Her eyes were wide in a look of shock, what a thought, stallions and mares parading about defending situations where they shouldn't be. Though she herself has been there of course, once before.

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?:
Thoughts didn't even need to occur, the idea of fires made her cringe, the forest was precious to her and should be precious to the world. "I am a gifted flyer, with these wings I'd be able to gather up small animals and remove them from danger." Her wings stirred in a restless manner.

How would you define cowardice?:
A ponder, a gentle thought and a wise faces lights up. "Those who are unable to face consequences of their own actions. They are cowards." A tail flick and restless wings finally lay still, the 'interview had ended.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 am
Owner's Name: ladyfirefox89
Participating Soquili: Marnie
Link to Teepee: Here

What do you feel the biggest flaw in being courageous would be?: Marnie stuck her tongue out as she thought for a moment. "uhhhh.... Is this a trick question? I guess getting into fights with big meanies who you can't defeat, even if you have the courage to fight."

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?: Marnie's ears flattened a little "I... don't really have a home.... I guess I would tell all the creatures I can to get out while others got water? A forest fire is a hard thing to stop...."

How would you define cowardice?: Marnie's lips curved slightly as she smiled. "Cowardice is running away even when you know its wrong. Its running away when a little helpless bunny is being picked on."  

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:18 pm
Owner's Name: XBlind-DarknessX
Participating Soquili: Roman
Link to Teepee: (X)

He frowns and looks away. "Courage doesn't always allow for the most intelligent actions to be taken. Charging blindly ahead may be considered courageous but it is also very stupid."

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?: "Fire is a force of nature, how exactly would you expect me to help out? Am I to fly back and forth from the lake to the lands with a leaf full of water? Some things just happen and you can't do anything about them." He finishes crankily.

How would you define cowardice?: His temper roils up. "Cowardice is walking away from your responsibilites without a second thought about the rammifications of doing so!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Owner's Name: FallenThroughMidnight
Participating Soquili: Korev

What do you feel the biggest flaw in being courageous would be?: Not caring. Or hesitating. Or over thinking. Or acting without thinking at all. There is a fine line between ‘brave’ and ‘stupid’. Some people do too much dancing along that line. I think I am going to say acting ‘courageous’ without thinking at all is the biggest flaw. Boneheads make courage look dumb by claiming to have something they do not.

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?: I suppose I would have to help. I could give directions to those who don’t have wings like mine, warn where the fire is spreading from a better vantage point. Give a few slowpokes a push here and there. Help keep a proper headcount so no one gets lost, or trampled if some halfwits panic and run around like headless chickens. I would not be flying pointlessly into the fire or anything absurd like that, that would be over that 'stupid' line I mentioned before.

How would you define cowardice?: Letting fear overcome the need to act. Not doing anything when there certainly is something that you can do is cowardly, even if, or especially if, that something is a difficult thing.

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:19 pm
Owner's Name: [+Katch+]
Participating Soquili: Nightmare
Link to Teepee: LINK
"I suppose that would be...if you were able to do something to help others...in a courageous manner, and you did not take that opportunity..."

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?:
"I would get water...and dirt, these are needed for such a fire. Luckily, with my...condition" He said, nodding at his flaming hooves " I understand fire enough to know...how to prevent it's spread" He snorted " Of course...I would help out as best I could..."

How would you define cowardice?:
He frowned " Running from something you know it is best to fight...no matter what it is." It hit home for him, he had spent a long time trying to justify his OWN cowardice in the face of uncertainty with his lost love...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:32 pm
Owner's Name: Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
Participating Soquili: Azure
Link to Teepee: Here

What do you feel the biggest flaw in being courageous would be?: I dunno. I guess, maybe, sometimes courageous people and Soquili might not think about themselves? If they're too busy being big or brave, they might forget that they could really get hurt! And that would make their friends and family really sad. I know I wouldn't want to make anyone sad because I got hurt, so I always try to be careful! Well, as careful as I can.

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?: I'd make sure everyone got to safety! Even the little birds and bunnies and squirrels. I've helped baby birds get back into their nests before... How hard could it be to help them get safely away from a wildfire? My wings aren't just for show, after all!

How would you define cowardice?: Not trying! It's hard to try to be courageous or brave or good or strong, but not trying is easy. And taking the easy way out is pretty cowardly if you ask me! No one said life was supposed to be easy. If it's easy, you won't have much fun! So you should always try, even if trying is really really scary!  

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Crew

Shameless Elocutionist

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm
Owner's Name: Tenko72
Participating Soquili: Kai
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22590141

What do you feel the biggest flaw in being courageous would be?: Foolishness. Fear is like a shield. Fear protects you. When you cast off your fears, you make yourself vulnerable and if you don't understand what you're getting into, you will do something stupid and make yourself look like a downright fool.

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?: I know I wouldn't able to fight the wildfire. It's a force of nature. I'm not. But I would lead my fellow soquili to safety.

How would you define cowardice?: It's when you let your fears control you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 pm
Owner's Name: Thamin
Participating Soquili: Fruzan Duff
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11506791

What do you feel the biggest flaw in being courageous would be?: "I feel the biggest flaw is not that one would be hurt while being courageous, but that one would not muster the courage necessary to prevent harm from others until irreversible damage had already been done."

A wildfire is threatening your homeland how would you courageously help out or would you choose not to help at all?: "Things run when they are afraid, and when there is fire fear is bundant. It is the perfect opprotunity for the more maliscious characters to claim some lives. I would defend those that could not defend themselves from these characters, and make sure any and all a saw made it safely out. "

How would you define cowardice?: "Having the courage to do something one knows needs to be done, but not doing it."  

Thamin

Lonely Member

Nisshou H

Kindred Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:24 am
Bonus points for July have been added!
August questions now open!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 am
Owner's Name: Lady Argentum Draconis
Participating Soquili: Aalun

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: "I think intelligence is just the ability to know things while wisdom is the power to use that knowledge."

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: "What do I think? Well I suppose it means I would know everything about everything!" Long pause. "Wait don't I already? I am a mare after all."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: She raises one eyebrow. "Well I imagine he'd cut all the wood then, now wouldn't he."  

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:55 am
Owner's Name: Nyhility
Participating Soquili: Iskraroima
Link to Teepee: xx

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?:
Intelligence is is like a daily mood swing, and can have it's low or high points. Wisdom is a constant and accurate state of knowing. 8'3

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent:
It means to outsmart your opponents and come out victorious with less sweat!

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: If he could wield an ax, I'm sure he could hire someone to chop the wood for him too. Eh?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Owner's Name: FallenThroughMidnight
Participating Soquili: Korev

What do you feel the difference between intelligence and wisdom is?: Intelligence is a thing that is capable of being learned, to a degree. Wisdom comes, or more commonly does not come, naturally. The difference between knowing what a thing is, and knowing what the sensible thing is. Like intelligence is knowing that a plant is poisonous, wisdom is knowing not to eat things when you have no idea what they are and have never seen them before.

In your own words explain what you think it means to be intelligent: To be aware of things. To learn about things, or to have learned really. To not assume you know everything and do stupid stuff. I suppose some of that comes from wisdom too, but learning from experience could be intelligence. If poking the beehive with a stick went poorly the last three times, you have to be pretty lacking in intelligence to do it a fourth time. I guess it would be nice to share intelligence, teach other people, but whose fault is it if they are unwilling to learn properly, hm?

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?: … it can’t. So I suppose nothing. Oh, you asked if it 'could'? Eh, probably not much. They are rather small you know. Tire easily I expect. Why is this relevant?

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 am
Owner's Name: XBlind-DarknessX
Participating Soquili: Roman
Link to Teepee: X

"Wisdom comes with age, or so I have heard, while intelligence is more of a state of mind." He shakes his head. "Whatever..."

"Knowing how to behave, or facts that people do not know." Eyes his familiar. "Or beign annoying..."

How much wood could a woodchuck cut if a woodchuck wielded an ax?:
"This is stupid..."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:01 am
Owner's Name: Green Ever After
User Image
Participating Soquili: Nokomis

"Wisdom comes from experience. Comes from days of learning. Intelligence, the ability to learn, the ability to store knowledge."

Pausing to ponder a truly unique answer Nokomis could not really come up with anything really that creative.. "Intelligence comes from knowing and not knowing." She smiles lightly. "Or atleast being able to assist with what you know and admitting defeat when you simply don't know, but then taking the chance to learn for next time."

Horrified at the idea of any animal wielding such a thing she still stops to ponder. "I'm sure he'd simply chuck the amount he'd need, then wait to get more when he needs it again."  

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:37 am
Owner's Name: The Dawn of Twilight
Participating Soquili: Awendela
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=17923277

"Intelligence is potential; wisdom is that potential realized and nurtured by life's experiences and the passage of time spent in quiet contemplation."

"Intelligence is the capacity of one's mind and memory to store great knowledge, and to use that knowledge in any given situation. Not merely route memorization and regurgitating facts, but thinking actively about what one remembers and analyzing it."

She blinked, momentarily taken aback by the question. "Assuming a woodchuck could wield an ax, it could cut down as much wood as its stamina and the bounty of the forest allowed. Assuming an indefinite supply of energy and wood which to cut..." she trailed off, puzzled by the strange question.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff