Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 pm
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke shrugged. He was unused to concern from many people in the school, so having someone state that in that particular way was unusual. "I kind of deserved it though. I mean, it probably did the team no favors, what with losing the last captain and the season last year. Besides, like I said, his opinion doesn't really matter to me. Only my own does. Besides, I gave as good as I got, and we both ended up in trouble." Remembering the loss of house points the two got, he was surprised that Tevye wasn't actually mad at him. Strange.

When asked about the language, Luke shrugged.
"Old Norse, I think. My far and mor are Scandinavian, and their families go back to the days of the Norse. I just got adopted into the family. They didn't even care if I was a wizard or not, which meant they didn't care about blood status. I don't speak it, but I do speak Norwegian. It's the language in the house. I got a crash course in it when I was five, since they spoke nothing else to me growing up. I'm almost surprised I speak English as well as I do some days." He chuckled a bit, thinking back to all the times he'd slipped back into the family language and not even batting an eye. He did feel bad for Steffi, Bree, Cain, and Jer. They'd get a crash course starting in the summer. Which of course meant he'd be pestered to help them learn. He didn't mind it though. He grinned then. "'Du vet, det er ikke så vanskelig å lære norsk. I hvert fall når du er fullstendig oppslukt. Du har en tendens til å plukke den opp ganske raskt.."

User Image
State: Cautious
OOC: Translation: You know, it's not that hard to learn Norwegian. At least when you're fully immersed. You tend to pick it up rather quickly.

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:39 pm
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearReserve Beater

Tevye Rubbed the back of his head "Right I almost forgot that's why we lost so many house points. But I don't mind, I was more disapointed I lost my spot as team beater. This year we'll get the house cup and the Quidditch cup for sure!" He said with a smile sure that all he had to do was make the team.
"So think you can teach me a bit? I don't know any other language, My name is something in Yiddish but what it means I have no clue."
{OoC:}

Xistund

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:00 am
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Relieved
                                                              Thinking : I hope I don't look like.....a talkative person...which I am
                                                              Doing : Being friendly
                                                              Where : Gryffindor Table
                                                              With : Gryffindors; David; Miranda; a group of First years

Xavier furrowed his eyebrows a bit, wondering why Miranda asked about Hogsmeade. But then, it struck him(finally). She was a muggle. Now, this is interesting. “ I know right, “ he agreed, “ But of course, it became easier because of all the magic and stuff. “ He shrugged. He gave her a warm smile when she took a cauldron cake a bit a part of it. You could see the happiness in her eyes. The third year listeneed to her story, nodding at how the people would make movies and magic, and how they were all effects. “ The magical world is really magical isn't it? “

The brunette chuckled a bit, nodding at her when she asked if she was used to all of this. When asked if he was from a Wizarding family, he nodded again. “ You're correct about that. I just realized that I haven't much told you about myself....I hope I don't sound creepy or weird...Err. So, I'm from the Nicholson Family, which are mostly......blood....purists. If you don't know what that means, then, I'll tell this much. They're all pureblood, and because of the purity of their blood, they think they're better than other people. Especially....muggles. But, their way changed when my Da came. He rejected the old beliefs and instead, lived normally without thinking of who's rank is higher and who's not.

“ My Da, then married my Mum; and she was a muggle. My grandparents were furious, but he still managed to get it all done and ended up with me, a half-blood. And just like my father, I don't care about the blood status of a person. I treat everyone with respect. Well, unless you do something...that would really piss me off.... “
                                                              He shrugged and rubbed the back of his head. He didn't know why, but he was suddenly blurting out these things. Let alone, to someone he just met. He blinked blue eyes at the odd reaction of Miranda about transfiguration. “ Just to make it easy for you, Transfiguration is..... a branch of magic that focuses on the alteration of the form or appearance of an object. Mmmmm, you'll get to know what I'm saying once you firsties get to classes. “ He did, however, smile brightly as she handed the Circe card to him. “ A-a-are you sure? I mean, th-thanks! "

At the same time Miranda turned towards her fellow first year, Xavier spun around and turned towards David. He nodded sheepishly at him, giving another humorless laugh. “ W-well, I'm trying my best. I think I'm socially awkward too...A-at the beginning of course.“ He looked at him with curious eyes when he started to write something down. And based on that elegant handwriting, it must be Shayna. He glanced down the Ravenclaw Table, noticing that David sent two parchments. Ohohoho. Can this be.....? Nah, impossible. David's definitely not like that. He noticed a different aura around Shayna. " Hey, mate, I think.....Shayna's kinda jealous? " Of course, he wouldn't want to raise to conclusions. But that is often the same way how Vanessa would act, back in the days. And of course, just like how his mother, Brietta did.

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Forks Anonymous

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:22 pm
User Image
User Image

Nicholas really should start visiting the feast more often. So this night, he had decided that he would visit the table of his house. And what better way than to pop right in the middle of the table, anyway? Peeking his head up through the table, he glanced around before rising fully up. Noticing many new students, he nearly kicked himself. Had it really been so long since he'd been to the table? Perhaps so. But he'd had an important mission, one that was probably going to save lives if he could speak with the headmistress. He grinned at the newcomers, however, eager to welcome them to the house. Quite a number of newcomers too. He recognized no one at the table. "Hel-lo, and welcome to Gryffindor. I am Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington, at your service. If you need any assistance, just come look for me. I should be able to point you in the proper direction, I should think."

User Image
State: Introducing himself
OOC: ...

User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 pm
User Image

❝The story of your life is so twisted 'cause someone out there is missing everything you do

The story of your life is unwritten, so put me down as your ticket; don't even fight it

Leave behind your troubled eyes; See brand new what I can do; Just say yes if you really want me to❞

User Image
Annabeth nodded at him. There certainly were stories out there, and she believed that they had the ability find them and report them to the public. It was like their superpower. He started a quote, and it didn't take her long to place it. Even when he explained it, she only nodded, having known this information all along. "True love." she said softly before looking to Romulus, smiling nervously. "You forgot the last part... And I know all about Robert Fulgham, and that quote. It's one of my favorites, actually." she added, trying to hide the faint blush lighting up her cheeks. Glancing down the table, Annabeth spotted a ghost who introduced himself as Sir Nicholas. "I wonder what's going on over there...?" she mumbled before turning back to her friend. She hoped the feast would start soon, but if not, she always had her Gramma's cookies in her backpack. It was rather funny, actually. Wasn't Romy supposed to be the one with random cookies in his backpack? The thought made her chuckle lightly to herself.

❝Now take a chance and call me crazy! Smile kid, there's only one way out
We can stay like this or go, go, go; We can take it too fast or take it slow

We can spend our lives oceanside, or count the stars in the desert on a magic night
You can lie awake in bed, or come and sleep with me instead

If you give me one chance to take your hand
I'll fill the empty pages as you write the story of your life❞

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:05 pm
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romy blinked at Anna's random saying of "True Love," before she explained that he had, in fact, missed part of the quote. A light tinge of pink hit his cheeks, but he didn't seem to mind. Apparently Robert Fulghum was a favorite of hers? Neat. She turned to look up the table, so he looked as well, blinking at the ghost. "I believe that is Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington, also known as Nearly-Headless Nick, the Gryffindor house ghost." He smiled, remembering reading about the ghosts in Hogwarts, a History. He loved that book. Blue eyes stared longingly at the table, wishing the sorting was over. He slipped a hand into his pocket, lifting a small bag. A cooling charm had been placed over it to keep his treat from melting. He opened the bag, then smiled. Perfect squares of fudge sat there. He smiled at Anna. "It's called 'Tiger Butter.' It's peanut butter and chocolate... swirled together..." He offered a piece, looking nervous... for some reason.

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:25 pm
User Image 

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war, 
                                                                                                with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

Steffi walked into the sorting feast only a tad bit late, but right away her eye was drawn to Luke. Of course it was. Why wouldn't it be? He was her best friend.... just her best friend. So why was it that the moment she saw Luke getting all cozy with Tevye, an unexplainable anger coursed through her. It didn't make any sense to her. It wasn't like Tevye was a threat to her friendship with Luke right? So why was she so angry about it? She grumbled to herself silently as she made her way over to the Gryffindor table. Each step made her anger grow exponentially. There was no way in hell she was letting some stupid boy get in the way of her friendship with Luke. Just a a friendship....

A small smirk toyed with the edges of her lips as she walked past Luke and Tev. She couldn't help herself right.... and it was just a simple warning to the stupid beater right? With glare at the boy, Steffi slammed her hand into the back of Tev's head and kept going until she was sure the beater's face was pressed firmly against the table. Leaning down until her lips were close to his ear she hissed quietly. "You'll stay away from what's mine if you know whats best for you." With that said and done, she stood up straight and glanced at Luke. Immediately a blush crawled onto her cheeks and she quickly turned and hurried farther down the table before taking a seat. God what was wrong with her?

OOC: ...

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you. 
                                                                                                You’ve got to weigh your
                                                                                                wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:53 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall - Gryffindor Table

David smiled at Shayna’s letter. So Raphael was her cousin and he was a tad on the annoying side. He would definitely like to meet this guy. He was glad she wasn’t too bothered by him helping someone out. He just had a habit of not liking anyone upset. When Erica looked around to see who sent him the letter David smiled over to her. When Shayna went to talk to her he left them to meet each other. He’d make sure to see both of them later. Although he really wanted to know what this present was she was going to give him.

Sending one last note Shayna’s way David turned to Xavier shaking his head. “You’re fine at it you’re just making it more complicated than it actually is.” He told her. “You think so? I don’t see why she would it’s not like I’m interested in anybody else.” David added as he glanced over to the Ravenclaw table. Maybe that was why she went over to talk to Erica. Not that he was against her meeting her or anything.

Looking over at the ghost of Gryffindor House David smiled. “Hello Nicholas where have you been lately?” he asked him. It was strange Nicholas hadn’t really been around at all and although he wasn’t around when David was sorted from what he could remember the ghost was well known by him. I made him wonder what being a ghost was like, a strange thought but it was still rattling in his brain none the least.

With: Gryffindors... Xavier

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:41 pm
After a few moments a return air plane flew over to the Gryffindor table to land in front of David.

Shayna
You have no clue huh... Oh well... Guess I'll surprise you then after the feast. And what could possibly make you think I wouldn't? I'm too nice of a Ravenclaw to be mean to a new student. Even if you are a bad influence.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:15 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

Gryffindor/Third Year/Single/Pureblood/Wearing

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

With: Students

User Image

Yvette smiled, though mostly out of boredom as it seemed everyone had more or less paired off into conversations. Her eyes drifting to the front of the room, she noticed that the last of the sorting was taking place, which meant that the feast would begin soon. Well, that was a relief to her hungry belly. It seemed like the sorting took longer and longer each year. Her fingertips grazed the edge of her golden cutlery, and her head tilted quietly in thought. She wondered if she would make any new friends this year, or if she would grow any closer to her old ones. It would be nice to have a meaningful relationship, somewhere amongst her peers. Everyone should have a best friend, right? That's what she thought, anyway. She'd just have to be patient, and put herself out there. She was sure that she'd have good friends eventually.

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 pm
quihnan • seirha • montgomery

ғιrѕт year / gryғғιndor/ ѕιngle / нalғ-вlood

scottish ~ | | | ~ and proud

User Image

With:Everyone

As he made his way down from the front of the room and away from the stress of the Sorting Hat, Quinn heaved a sigh of relief that it was finally over.. and time to join his crowd. He was usually alright about meeting new people,but there was a very large problem here. He hated crowds, and this was the biggest crowd he had ever been in the middle of.
                                        Jus' keep 't tegether, Quinn..he told himself, as his heart started racing all over again. He was nervous, but at least he admitted it to himself. As he wandered down a table that he was amazed could hold as much food as it did, he took an open seat offered to him with a smile stuck somewhere between sheepish and frightened. Once his butt hit the bench he could feel his stomach growl, and was amazed no one had seemed to hear it over the dull roar of conversation around him. He hoped the feast his father had told him about was going to start soon. He was starved, and one thing every Scotsman loved was food before bed.

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

With: Quihnan

User Image

While she was mulling over these current thoughts in her head, she noticed from the corner of her eye one more Gryffindor coming to the table. 'This is my chance,' she thought, and put on a friendly smile. She'd have to reach out to at least one first year by the end of the feast, otherwise what sort of upperclassman would she be? Leaning over a bit, she waved at the newcomer with the dark hair. "Hi there.. What's your name?"

User Image

o White-Raven o

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:09 pm

User Image

With:Everyone.

Movement out of the corner of his eye made Quihnan look up, and he caught the hand of a girl that looked a little older than him dropping down over the edge of the table. She looked pretty comfortable in the environment he had just been swamped into.. So maybe if he took the time to get to know someone who knew their way around, he wouldn't feel so nervous.
                                          " 'm Quihnan.. Quihnan Montgom'ry. Unlike most people, Quinn didn't put forth the effort to hide his accent. It was thick as Highland grass, but he didn't mind repeating himself a couple times until someone understood him. At least.. not usually. "Frien's call me Quinn.. Wha' 'bout yers?"

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:22 pm
User Image
~Yvette Tarot~

With: Quihnan

User Image

She tried not to giggle at his accent. She actually liked accents when she could understand them, but she hadn't really been expecting to hear one. "My name's Yvette.. Er, I don't really have a nickname that anyone uses. But I'm open to them." She smiled and shrugged a bit, crossing her arms against the edge of the table. "Are you excited for your first year? I know I was - everything being so new, and different. It really is another world, here. I mean, I saw some magic at home, but not like here. Was there any magic at your home, or are your parents muggles?"

User Image

o White-Raven o

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 pm

User Image

With:Yvette

He couldn't help but shift in his seat an nod in answer to his excitement, as Yvette spoke to him. Girls always made Quinn nervous, now a days, and he wasnt always sure why. He was normally very confident toward people. But lately females seemed to either make him really cocky, or just plain stupid. Hopefully this girl wouldn't make him the latter.
                                          "My Da is a wiz'rd.. But my Ma isn'. I saw a good 'mount, growin up." Right, like he was all grown up now? Oh well. He'd rather be sound more confident than sheepish, at the moment.

User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 190 191 192 193 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games