Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
- Shinobi Hideout - the Chat and Off Topic zone! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 1486 1487 1488 1489 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reprieve
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:17 pm
I'm gonna go, bye everybody.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:34 pm
Yay~ Gaia is workin' for me now~  

Izchi
Crew

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:34 am
Gaia lives! Now to give a prize to the lucky top poster of page 100!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:44 am
shinimegami42
*sigh* viz comics is already doing a pretty decent job of kiddifying it... I haven't read the latest chapters but I heard they changed ino's special move (her body possession) to the "valentine technique", and the byakkugan to "evil eyes".

Doppleganger was bad enough, and I hated the "ninja centerfold technique" ick...

I understand the choice of the word doppleganger (Kage bunshin aren't really shadows and not so much replicants or shadow clones, etc.. a Doppleganger is a working double of a person, complete and thinking to themselves, not needing to have their actions constantly controlled...)

But I don't like the other changes. Make kids learn japanese words and terms and such! Don't make it sound dorky and stupid!

Especially that 'evil eye' x.x That doesn't even capture the essence of what teh Byakkugan does!  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Izchi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:08 am
*Yawns and stretches* Approved two people today. *Feels proud, so she's beaming* It's one in da mornin'. ~.~;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:40 am
Zrana
shinimegami42
*sigh* viz comics is already doing a pretty decent job of kiddifying it... I haven't read the latest chapters but I heard they changed ino's special move (her body possession) to the "valentine technique", and the byakkugan to "evil eyes".

Doppleganger was bad enough, and I hated the "ninja centerfold technique" ick...

I understand the choice of the word doppleganger (Kage bunshin aren't really shadows and not so much replicants or shadow clones, etc.. a Doppleganger is a working double of a person, complete and thinking to themselves, not needing to have their actions constantly controlled...)

But I don't like the other changes. Make kids learn japanese words and terms and such! Don't make it sound dorky and stupid!

Especially that 'evil eye' x.x That doesn't even capture the essence of what teh Byakkugan does!

lol... I'd've rather it just been called kage bunshin... I kept wondering why the people I knew who were reading naruto in shonen jump didn't understand what I was talking about when I said "kage bunshin no jutsu"...

I've only just recently read any of viz's version of the manga. I prefer scanlations.  

shinimegami42

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:24 pm
LIVE! *tries to pump life into guild* Now if only gaia cooperates with this...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:28 pm
hmm... what to give out on page 150... I just picked up a kitsune mask for less than 3k... but I'd rather save the july items until a little longer....

I think I can afford a straw hat or maybe do a simple net shirt for that page...

If I do a net shirt, I can save enough gold to give out a kimono or yukata for page 200...

hmm... choices choices...  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Tsuruko Shiro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:43 pm
Zrana
hmm... what to give out on page 150... I just picked up a kitsune mask for less than 3k... but I'd rather save the july items until a little longer....

I think I can afford a straw hat or maybe do a simple net shirt for that page...

If I do a net shirt, I can save enough gold to give out a kimono or yukata for page 200...

unfortunetly I dont think that the july letters prices will go up anymore...I thought more people would like them...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:52 pm
Shiro Karukin
Zrana

unfortunetly I dont think that the july letters prices will go up anymore...I thought more people would like them...

I really just want to get past the initial rush of the items. they're sold alot right now, so they aren't that hard to get. Most of our more active members also already have the items.  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Izchi
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:09 pm
*Poofs in* Gaia works for me right now! *Smiles happily*

Hi everyone!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:07 pm
Gaia is working for me!

*runs in happily*

lol  

Reprieve
Captain

Reprieve
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:08 pm
But it's still kinda slow, I hope it doesn't go out again... lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:10 pm
Anyone here? sweatdrop  

Reprieve
Captain

Reprieve
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:11 pm
I have the poorest luck... sweatdrop  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 1486 1487 1488 1489 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games