Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:49 pm
Af Mas
shoki_de_nai
Af Mas
I need to do 30 hours of service learning in order to graduate. I think I'm gonna volunteer at the humane society. All I need is a recent tetanus shot

I volunteered at one for a while. It was fun. Good choice for enjoyable service-project type work.

I hear it's a lot of fun XD

I volunteered at the animal shelter...bad thing there is that they euthanize. But I socialized the dogs and played with the cats...  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:52 pm
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas
shoki_de_nai
Af Mas
I need to do 30 hours of service learning in order to graduate. I think I'm gonna volunteer at the humane society. All I need is a recent tetanus shot

I volunteered at one for a while. It was fun. Good choice for enjoyable service-project type work.

I volunteered at the animal shelter...bad thing there is that they euthanize. But I socialized the dogs and played with the cats...
Well euthanization is better than the alternative. Shelters that don't euthanize are often a lot crueler.

This makes me think back to my baby bird days. I used to volenteer with a group called fur and feathers and take in baby birds for them.  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:02 pm
Krissim Klaw
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas
shoki_de_nai
Af Mas

Well euthanization is better than the alternative. Shelters that don't euthanize are often a lot crueler.

This makes me think back to my baby bird days. I used to volenteer with a group called fur and feathers and take in baby birds for them.

a lot of them were great dogs. But everyone wanted a puppy...so they would look past the good manners that the older dogs displayed and would pick the puppies..and later the puppies would return as older dogs and the cycle would start again *sigh*  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:08 pm
Rainey_angel81
Krissim Klaw
Rainey_angel81
Af Mas
shoki_de_nai
Af Mas

a lot of them were great dogs. But everyone wanted a puppy...so they would look past the good manners that the older dogs displayed and would pick the puppies..and later the puppies would return as older dogs and the cycle would start again *sigh*
Yah, but what's better? Putting down a dog or letting it spend the rest of its life living in limbo? Many dogs will go crazy after spending so long within a kennel sitution like that. Dogs barking on both sides constantly. No companionship except from an occasional visit from the staff. No place to call their own. Not to mention then there are the dogs that are to aggressive/have issues that prevent them from being appropriate for adoption.

The saddest part of course is that it isn't the dogs fault in the first place. The humans are to blame. You can't blame them for picking puppies though. Better that than them buying a store bought pup. At least they are adopting.  

Krissim Klaw

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:13 pm
you be surprised by how many good dogs end up in animal shelter and how many of the aggressive dogs end up at the SPCA and because if they score low on their tests, they are put down anyway. It was lucky for my pit bull Nina that my boss's daughter told them she'd take care of her...because she scored an F and was to be put down two days later. But anyway...if you want to work somewhere great, any of the humane societies, rescue groups or SPCA's are great to work at.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:23 pm
Rainey_angel81
you be surprised by how many good dogs end up in animal shelter and how many of the aggressive dogs end up at the SPCA and because if they score low on their tests, they are put down anyway. It was lucky for my pit bull Nina that my boss's daughter told them she'd take care of her...because she scored an F and was to be put down two days later. But anyway...if you want to work somewhere great, any of the humane societies, rescue groups or SPCA's are great to work at.
Well it's good if experienced dog people can get one of the dogs that would otherwise be put down because they would be to risky to leave with your average Joe. I don't think I would ever work at one of the shelters though. They really wear me down to much emotionally.  

Krissim Klaw

X_DARKWOLF_X

Moonlight Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:48 pm
wow, i'm back, i have not been here in a few months. i hope someone remembers me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:21 am
Going to donate plasma soon.. scared shitless... v.v; But it's for a good cause!...

..God I hate needles. crying

Sheol Zone

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:17 am
Sheol Kitten
Going to donate plasma soon.. scared shitless... v.v; But it's for a good cause!...

*shudders* Good luck with that. You will pretty much never see me donate anything like blood. gonk For one I do not care for needles and two, the feeling of your blood pumping out of your body makes me sick to my stomach. Feeling queezy just thinking about it. xp

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:36 am
Diana Vulpes
Sheol Kitten

*shudders* Good luck with that. You will pretty much never see me donate anything like blood. gonk For one I do not care for needles and two, the feeling of your blood pumping out of your body makes me sick to my stomach. Feeling queezy just thinking about it. xp
Agreed..... gonk  

Manda_Tifa

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:37 am
Diana Vulpes
Sheol Kitten

Oh, come on, it's not that bad. Blood is just.......mainly water and cells. Besides, they don't take a lot out of you. Plus, if you manage to survive, they'll give you a tshirt and food! Whoot.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:04 am
Diana Vulpes
Sheol Kitten

I would have never taken you for that, the way you usually bring up your mascostic ways. I'm not sure how giving blood would work for me. Do they take the same amount from everyone or vary it depending on your size. As thin as I am I have a feeling it would leave me very light headed. I don't mind needles though, just as long as they let me watch I'm fine. That and actually get a vein. Last time they took blood from me for a standard test, it took two nurses five times to get a vein. They had to try and three different areas too. They would stick the needle in and move it around trying to poke the vein. Needless to say, I was getting a little on the annoyed side by the fifth try. stressed  

Krissim Klaw

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:19 am
FogSage

Oh, come on, it's not that bad. Blood is just.......mainly water and cells. Besides, they don't take a lot out of you. Plus, if you manage to survive, they'll give you a tshirt and food! Whoot.

It isn't a problem about that this vampire banks are taking my life essence of anything, I just simply am too creeped out over how it feels to ever give blood. sweatdrop I know what it feels like, I have had blood taken before for testing purposes.

Krissim Klaw
I would have never taken you for that, the way you usually bring up your mascostic ways. I'm not sure how giving blood would work for me. Do they take the same amount from everyone or vary it depending on your size. As thin as I am I have a feeling it would leave me very light headed. I don't mind needles though, just as long as they let me watch I'm fine. That and actually get a vein. Last time they took blood from me for a standard test, it took two nurses five times to get a vein. They had to try and three different areas too. They would stick the needle in and move it around trying to poke the vein. Needless to say, I was getting a little on the annoyed side by the fifth try. stressed

This has nothing to do with enjoying pain. ninja I've been bitten, clawed, spanked, whiped, electricuted and even had a blade draged lightly across my skin, in a way that it would not cut, but if you show me a needle I am going to shudder ane tence up. gonk The vains in my arms are very easy to see, the doctors have never had to much more than give a few light taps to the skin then stick the needle in right where it needs to go the first time.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:30 am
Diana Vulpes
FogSage

It isn't a problem about that this vampire banks are taking my life essence of anything, I just simply am too creeped out over how it feels to ever give blood. sweatdrop I know what it feels like, I have had blood taken before for testing purposes.

Krissim Klaw

This has nothing to do with enjoying pain. ninja I've been bitten, clawed, spanked, whiped, electricuted and even had a blade draged lightly across my skin, in a way that it would not cut, but if you show me a needle I am going to shudder ane tence up. gonk The vains in my arms are very easy to see, the doctors have never had to much more than give a few light taps to the skin then stick the needle in right where it needs to go the first time.
It's amazing how many people can't shudder at little needles. Personally, I would love to get a needle in the arm ten times versus those little finger p***k things. I hate those finger p***k things. The tips of my fingers are delicate. XP I guess at least they don't look as freaky as the old fashion ones used to. I think I just have a blood fetish though. I would probably slice myself open with knives and stuff if I didn't have to worry about dieing, and or having major scars. xp  

Krissim Klaw

Shaviv

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:35 am
shoki_de_nai
Af Mas

Win. Just be careful about allergies and stuff. You don't want to develop any, if you don't have them, or worsen any, if you do. So I'd say, be careful about what you breathe in or what gets on your skin.

X_DARKWOLF_X
wow, i'm back, i have not been here in a few months. i hope someone remembers me.

Your sig is unforgettable.

Welcome back, too. :3  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games