Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:37 am
User Image
HUFFLEPUFF HEAD OF HOUSE || DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS || HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR

It was finally time. Pandora set the Hat on the stool and took out the scroll that listed all of the students' names. She started to call their names and place the Hat on their heads as they came up. The Sorting had begun.

OOC: SORTING IS OPEN~

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:54 am
User Image

Pureblood ☆ Reed wand with Sphinx Hair Core ☆ Dressed for Hogwarts

Alice's name was one of the first called up, likely she thought due to her last name starting with the second letter of the alphabet, but it made her relieved to go first. She'd know her fate sooner and wouldn't have to worry so much about if she could get her hope of getting sorted to Ravenclaw where Eira was. The quiet house that seemed so much her sort of place and far less intimidating with its quiet blue and bronze verses the loudness of the yellow and black Hufflepuffs, or the brash Gryffindors, or the Slytherins... well they were quiet but they also seemed like the sort great if they were your friend in a scary place... but also could be very scary too. Maybe she was over reading and over analyzing everything.

She stepped forward and closed her eyes prepared for the hat to be placed on her head and allowing the hat to peer into her mind and personality and she sent a silent plea to the hat to let her be somewhere with quieter more sober people like her. And somewhere she could grow to be a strong person just like her sister was, and like Eira seemed to be... somewhere good for her, Alice Beckstead.

Quote:
Alice is often mistaken to be shy or quiet, as it is rare for her to start a conversation first, particularly with a stranger. However, that is far from the case. She likes people and socializing, but lives by the adage 'you have one mouth but two ears, so you can listen twice as often as you talk'. When she speaks up she wants to make it count and does not feel the need to say something merely to fill silence. Alice is highly observant of the world around her and is a quick learner-but her favorite way to learn is to actually experience the outdoors and world around her. She loves being outside and nature and exploring-it goes hand in hand with her active imagination.

The most important person in her life right now is her (half) sister Emilia, who she holds the utmost respect for, especially her sister's diligence, hard work, and kindness-and of course her sister's love for adventure which she has always encouraged in Alice. Or at least adventure with a bit of common sense.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
{OoC: ....................}

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:19 am
User Image
                                                      Take all of your wasted honor
                                                      Every little past frustration
                                                      Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                      Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

𝐹𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || 𝒰𝓃𝓈𝑜𝓇𝓉𝑒𝒹 || 𝒫𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒷𝓁𝑜𝑜𝒹

════════════════════════

Zeph walked up to the stool with the hat. He was nervous, but tried not to let it show. After all, it wasn't like he was going to be stuck up there, right? He knew that his family was traditionally Slytherin, but he didn't feel particularly snake-like, and his father hadn't ended up in the house and instead went to Gryffindor. He didn't feel particularly brave, either. Blowing his bangs up from his face, he tried to not let his nervousness show and took a seat. As the hat descended, he closed his eyes. "Please put me wherever. I don't care where, just don't make me sit an hour up here."

■ FRIENDLY Zeph is a friendly person, always ready with a smile on his face and willing to talk to anyone. He never hates anyone, and it takes a lot for him to truly dislike someone he has actually met.
                                                      ■ RESOURCEFUL Zeph can be extremely resourceful. As he spent much of his early childhood with almost nothing, he made do with what he had, and used whatever he had available to him for resources. His discovery that his father was extremely wealthy has not changed that in the slightest.
                                                      ■ RELIABLE As he needed to be to help his mother out, Zeph also became reliable. During her illness, Zeph became her main caretaker, and made sure that everything was taken care of when she finally passed away.
                                                      ■ HARDWORKING Zeph is particularly hardworking. He is willing to put all his efforts into a task and see it through to completion. He owes this particular trait to his mother, who worked hard to make sure he had a place to live and food on the table, even if it meant taking jobs that most would disdain.
                                                      ■ HONEST Zeph is particularly honest. He will tend to tell the truth, unless he or anyone he cares about is in real danger. It probably got him into particularly ugly situations with some of his classmates in primary school simply because he didn't care what his classmates thought, he would willingly admit to what his mum did for a living.
                                                      ■ LOYAL Of everything else, Zeph is much like his family in that he's loyal. This manifests in his desire to protect and help those he cares about, whether family or friend. This desire is born from the fact that since he's had so little in the past, what he does have and value are people he cares very much about.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Just as long as I'm not stuck on that stool, I'll be fine...
                                                      OOC:

Snow

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                      And your faith is broken
                                                      Even as the eyes are closing
                                                      Do it with a heart wide open

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 am
Megan Victoria Yurczyszyn
Unsorted First Year. Half-blood.

Megan watched as the other first-years were sorted into their various houses. She resisted the urge to bounce on the spot as she waited for her name to be called. This was it! The day she waited ages for! She was finally at Hogwarts and would soon be sorted into one of its Houses. She could hardly contain her excitement.
Finally her name was called and she hurried over to the Sorting Hat, placing it on her head with a big grin.

Personality: People say that, in a nutshell, I'm generally sweet, but can be rather opinionated at times. I also love to read and easily get so absorbed in a book that I lose all track of time.
As the eldest of 3 children I also developed a strong sense of responsibility, and am a stickler for following the rules.
I enjoy puzzles and carry a Sudoku book with me wherever I go and work on puzzles in my free time.
As a half-blood, I'm just as comfortable in the muggle world as I am in the magical one, and enjoy many muggle forms of entertainment, which I will gladly describe if asked.

Unknown Lifeform Brett

High-functioning Lunatic

20,015 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:01 am
User Image

You don't have to be afraid to put your dream in action
You're never gonna fade you'll be the main attraction

╔════════════════════════════╗
Cordelia Quimby - Winthrop
Unsorted - First Year - Eleven Years Old - Halfblood
╚════════════════════════════╝

Cordelia practically jumped when her name was called. Up until now, they girl had been completely relaxed - well, excited. Not so much relaxed. As the brunette walked towards the Sorting Hat, her heart beat faster and faster in her chest. It felt like her rib cage was about to burst. This was the moment her date would be decided for the next seven years. Although she didn't really care which house she'd be placed in, she did hope Indie and Avian were in the same ones. Realistically, Leah would probably rather share a house with them than any of her siblings. Besides the fact that it would be easier to get up to shenanigans without being watched over by her siblings, if she was stuck in a house with Alexandria and Rosabella, she knew getting some peace and quiet would be next to impossible.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cute and energetic. I always talk and sing and dance and laugh. I guess I have a big mouth. I get bored and distracted really easily, and I like playing with others. That doesn't mean I don't like a little alone time every now and then. I tend to have loads of fun, and when I'm with my friends, I'm usually the most cheerful and uplifting. There's never a dull moment when I'm around. I am quite opinionated and not afraid to stand up for myself when the time calls for it, whether that means speaking or punching someone right in the kisser.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

'Cause you know that if you live in your imagination
Tomorrow you'll be everybody's fascination

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:46 am
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxx______________________________________

xxxxxxxxxxx Observer || Muggleborn || Single
                                                      xxxxxxx______________________________________

They entered a large crowded hall, and Cath saw the hat. When his name was called he approached and looked at it curiously before having it placed on his head. How does this work? he wondered as he sat there, looking on the sea of students before him, all watching.

Quote:
                                                      People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of an oblivious oddball. I don't notice the obvious on many occasions, but its more likely due to the fact I've already studied the item in such depth and its symbolism and probable uses over its actual use... I don't think things are really ever how they appear, there is a lot more at work in anything that most realize, like did you know that there are many uses for bread besides food? In old times they used it as erasers and cleaning objects too! And who really has a say in what is not yet known? I mean if no one did it before than how can you not know it can't be done? There are many possibilities, even with the most common of objects. Like you could use a battery and a water bottle and a potato to create a light bulb - maybe not easily but it could! I mean there is just so many possibilities! Wait what were we talking about? Oh yeah! Well people say I'm an airhead. Some kids at school tease me cause I'm weird, but that's okay! Things will always work out for someone who dwells in dreams... Only if you work to make them real of course! Like that fairy tale of the girl who wished on a star and things got weird then better! Though then again there has to be some magic and odd stuff to make the impossible possible.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:10 pm
Let's say sunshine for everyone.
But as far as I can remember-
We've been migratory animals...
Living under changing weather.
Someday we will foresee obstacles.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

first yearunsortedmuggleborn

Aster's excited chatter had faded into quiet apprehension by the time they reached the antechamber, the first show of nerves all night. It continued into the Great Hall with her. She wasn't nervous about what house she was going to get, but she knew she and Pam weren't likely to be in the same one. They were just too different. And she hadn't had a best friend for all that long- only since she was nine- and it was stupid and babyish but she was a little worried that when she and Pam were in separate houses that they might not be best friends anymore. She didn't want another best friend. She liked the one she had. Maybe she could reason with the Sorting Hat, she wondered as she stood impatiently in line, fidgeting madly. She picked at her skirt. She hadn't had to wear a uniform in grammar school, and she wished it could have been a skort instead. She'd just have to wear shorts under it all the time, as she had no plans to lead a boring life on the ground just because she was worried her skirt might flip up. She was called fairly early, having a last name that started with F, and squared her shoulders as she walked up to the hat. It was kind of pathetic looking. Her mother would be having a fit if she knew this was going on her head. She held her breath, and not knowing quite what she was supposed to do, did her best to make a mental case for being in the same house as Pam.

OOC:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm serious, driven, prideful, short tempered, and a total perfectionist. I tend to take things personally, and I’m usually told I need to “smile more” and “lighten up”, which just makes me twitch. Everything is a competition for me, and I need to always come in first, or I feel like I've let myself and others down. I throw myself into everything I do headfirst, whether it be sports or schoolwork. If I feel I’m not good at something, I dismiss it as “stupid” and immediately drop it and show no further interest. I’m very prideful and bristle easily at any perceived insults or slights, and I’m always ready to fight to defend my own honor. I have a short fuse and can blow up at people if I get irritated enough. I've been told I’m easily frustrated and have very little patience for others. Sounds about right. Apparently I can also be violent? I don’t know about that. I mean, I only punch people if they deserve it. Which they usually do. I have a forceful sort of presence and hate to be ignored. I tend to be distant towards others, but that’s just because I’m never totally sure how to express my feelings. It’s easier to insult them, usually. I’m not very considerate of other people and what they want, and I can be reckless and overbearing, as well as come off as overly pushy and harsh and abrasive. Because of this, I don’t say much, since it’s not like I like getting into spats. I can be very inconsistent and somewhat confusing with my actions, mostly because I have a softer, sentimental side I hide. Don’t give me that look. I’ll break your nose.

Username

Through the blizzard, through the blizzard...
Today we will sell our uniform!
Live together, live together-
We played hide and seek in waterfalls;
We were younger, we were younger.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 2:50 pm
User Image
User Image
I N D I A N Axxx M O R I A R T Yxxx Q U A K E

UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Indie waited anxiously while name after name was called. Most of the time, being a Q wasn’t bad. It had afforded her a few extra minutes to get to her grade school classes in the past, and the uniqueness was something she was prideful of. Today, however, she desperately wished her last name was Avery, or Benson, or even Fisher. At least she had Cora to keep her company even after Avian was summoned, but having to sit through sorting after sorting was really doing a number on Indie’s nerves. When the deputy headmistress finally got to her name, the girl had already begun to breathe rapidly, and was filled with dread at the thought of placing herself in the center of attention. But everyone had to do this, and even if she was on the verge of a full-blown panic attack she knew she had to go there and find where she belonged.
She balled her sleeves up into her fists as she strode onstage, her stomach in knots. Up close, anyone could tell that she wasn’t quite right. But she did her best to appear as though everything was swell, and she took her seat upon the stool with her eyes squeezed shut. Here in the heat of the moment, she was still ambivalent towards which house she preferred. The sheer terror she felt creeping into her skull was much more important. “Just sort me. Anywhere, just be quick about it. Please. Just get through this, just get through this, just get through this…" she began chanting to herself in her thoughts, trying to keep tears back. She knew if she opened her eyes to scan the crowd for Avian, they would spring forth and everyone would know her as a crybaby. And that wasn’t at all what she wanted. So she kept them sealed, and focused on keeping her features neutral. It was a hell of a precipice in Indie’s life, and any second now the hat would give her a home.

OOC:
AddyAbnormal
The Persona

Ambitious
First and foremost, Indiana is dedicated to her goals. She refuses to give up, and works very hard to achieve what she desires. It is important to note that she is very well-intentioned in her ambition. Occasionally, however, some things are pushed to the back burner that shouldn't be. This is fixed easily by a brief reminder that life isn't always about the destination.

Vivacious
Good intentions aside, Indie is the kind of person who can't sit still for very long. She doesn't like to cause trouble but loves dealing with it. Boredom will often strike the girl, although those who are close to her will seldom be bored. She's always got a trick up her sleeve to lighten a moment, and she loves people who love adventure. Even more, she loves dragging anyone and everyone along on those adventures with her.

Clever
The power of Indiana's brain should not be underestimated. She prides herself on collecting knowledge and is very good at following logical processes. She isn't exceptionally skilled with subjects she finds boring, but problem-solving comes naturally and she does it gleefully.

AddyAbnormal

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:06 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ѕιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Sweet at the Great Hall with the Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervicited
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Maybe I'll get the same house as Aster... or at least Alice or Izzy... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I'∂ gινє тнє c н α η c є I'νє g σ т ✿ ✿ ✿xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Aη∂ gινє α ℓ ℓ м у ℓ σ ν є тσ уσυ ✿ ✿ ✿xxxxxxxxx
                                                          I ∂ση'т к η σ ω мυcн 'вσυт α η у т н ι η g ✿ ✿ ✿xxxxxx
                                                          Tнαт у σ υ ' ∂ нανє м є ∂ σ ✿ ✿ ✿xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spacePamela squeaked when she heard her name called; the blonde practically ran up to the stool, buzzing with excitement and nervous energy. Aster had already been sorted, and Pam was desperately hoping to be in the same house as her best friend. Not that she was worried they wouldn't be friends anymore if she didn't, but it would be nice to share a dorm with someone she knew. She had to admit, the other girl pinching her when she'd asked one of her friends to do so had thrown her off; it hadn't hurt by far, but still, suddenly being pinched by someone she didn't know was very off-putting. It made her want to stick even more closely to Aster. She didn't think she'd mind being in a house with Izzy or Alice, either, both of whom had also had their names called before hers. Whatever house she got, she hoped she was sharing it with a friend. She sat on the stool, still unable to contain her fascination with how unbearably cool the sorting process was; it was a talking. Hat. That could read. Your mind. It was amazing! Magic, she had decided, was pretty much the coolest thing ever. She couldn't wait for the year to start, to start learning all about magic and the magical world. "Hi there!" she greeted as the hat was sat upon her head. Then, as a whisper in her mind, she asked 'Can you really read my mind? Can you hear what I'm thinking right now? That's so cool!' Then, after a pause, she chewed her lip, and added, 'Um, I know we're not very alike, but, Aster's my best friend. I'd like to be with her. If that's okay. We do everything together.' She didn't quite know if she were suited to be in the same house as her friend, but if she were even remotely, she'd like for them to share a dorm. Hogwarts would be a lot cooler if she could stay up late at night talking to Aster about all the amazing things they'd learned during the day... She wondered how hard it would be to sneak into Aster's dorm if they weren't in the same house. She bet she could do that. No way could Aster sneak into hers, she wasn't sneaky, no matter how much she wished she were. Pam could be quiet, though, when she needed to be. That was probably doable. 'Not that I'm planning on breaking any rules, mind you,' she told the hat, remembering that it was presently reading her mind, and therefore would know everything she was thinking. What if it ratted her out to the professors? She'd be caught before she even did anything! That wouldn't work out at all.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✿ ✿ ✿ I ∂ση'т c α я є мυcн 'вσυт α η у т н ι η g
                                                          xxxxxx✿ ✿ ✿ 'Cєρт ƒσя тнє ℓ σ ν є ιη у σ υ я н є α я т
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✿ ✿ ✿ W н σ α м I ? W н σ α м I ?
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✿ ✿ ✿ Bυт α ѕ σ υ η ∂ σƒ т σ м σ я я σ ω

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality is under the spoiler

■ PLAYFUL Pamela enjoys having fun. She likes to play pretend, to run and make friends and do pretty much anything that keeps her entertained. She hates sitting still for more than a few minutes at a time.
                                                          ■ CAREFREE Her mothers are very indulgent in her, and very protective, to the point that, as far as Pam is concerned, she has no worries in the world. Things rarely bother her, and when they do, she generally gets over it quickly.
                                                          ■ CAPRICIOUS Due to her parents not really reigning her in overmuch, she can be a slave to her emotions, and feels everything strongly. She wears her heart on her sleeve and is prone to rapid changes in mood, though they are at least usually prompted by something.
                                                          ■ OBLIVIOUS Pamela tends to get lost, either in her own head, in a book, in an adventure, whatever, and can often lose track of time, of her duties, even of herself. She's prone to wandering and then wondering how she got from one room to the next.
                                                          ■ ADVENTUROUS Pamela is easily distracted, and nothing distracts her more easily than an adventure. She can be found on many an occasion, up in the attic or tucked away in a corner, declaring that she is hunting for treasure, or that she 'heard something.' She's not one to let a mystery sit quiet, and will always investigate an odd noise.
                                                          ■ CREATIVE She's prone to flights of fancy and has an incredibly over-active imagination. Not only does she like to make-believe, she often tries to make up her own songs to sing to herself (all of which are horrible, of course) and enjoys drawing. Her home is covered with drawings she's done, most of which are on paper and not the walls... most.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:27 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sıиgłe
                                                          Looking Modest at the Great Hall with the Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Intrigued
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ How precisely does this work, I wonder. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Aиđ тħe g ı я ł тħαт ¢ħαšeđ тħe я α в в ı т , ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          đяαиκ тħe ω ı и e, αиđ тøøκ тħe ρ ı ł ł ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Hαš ł ø ¢ κ e đ ħeяšełf ıи ł ı м в ø ◊ ◊ ◊xxxxxx
                                                          тø šee ħøω ıт т я υ ł ч f e e ł š ◊ ◊ ◊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceLorelei stepped forward when her name was called, one of the last students in the line. She approached the stool with an arched brow, expression a mask of calm, hiding the excitement she felt inside. She had never really been one to broadcast her emotions, it tended to get in the way and cause problems. But, she was curious if the enchanted hat would be able to read how very not-calm she really was; it was supposed to 'look inside your head', implying it could read your mind. She had to admit, she was fascinated by how such a thing could be possible. As she sat on the stool, crossing her legs and assuming a very prim posture, her eyes turned upward to watch it be lowered onto her head. 'So, you'll look inside my mind, will you? How exactly do you work?' Of course, she was learning swiftly that asking how things worked in the magical world was almost always completely pointless. Most people simply replied with 'it's magic' and went about their business, as if this were a perfectly acceptable response. Lori didn't like that; if she didn't know how something worked, she couldn't understand it, couldn't learn to use and manipulate it to her will. She wanted answers. But, she doubted very much if she would get them, which was very frustrating. Still, she had hopes that she would receive more helpful answers from her professors once the school year started. Perhaps the reason she hadn't received them from others was because it was not their place to teach. It wouldn't make much sense for the professors not to do so. But, she couldn't shake the concern that she would be plagued with lackluster explanations for her very real, very serious questions.

spaceThe brunette wondered where exactly she would be sent; from what little she had heard, she believed that she was most well suited to either Ravenclaw or Slytherin. The snippets of conversation she'd heard had made those two sound most like they would suit her. Perhaps more Ravenclaw that Slytherin, she supposed, given that Leslie had been a Slytherin. She didn't particularly think she had much in common with her half-brother; the only time she'd met him, she hadn't liked him very much. He was arrogant, and didn't seem to have much respect for those around him. Or, well, their father, at least, and a few others. She did suppose he'd been perfectly respectful to her own parents, and to a few of the others who'd been there. Maybe he just didn't like their father very much, or those other people; she could certainly understand disliking their father. He didn't exactly inspire many positive thoughts. But, in any case, she was clever, and ambitious. The houses which admired those traits certainly would be more her speed than one based on bravery or loyalty. Not that she was disloyal, or cowardly; they just weren't necessarily defining traits for her.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx◊ ◊ ◊ Tø š т α и đ ø υ т š ı đ e чøυя ν ı я т υ e
                                                          xxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ Nø øиe ¢αи e ν e я ħ υ я т ч ø υ
                                                          xxxxxxxxx◊ ◊ ◊ O я š ø т ħ e ч š α ч . . .

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality is under the spoiler

■ METHODICAL Lorelei was raised on the adage 'slow and steady wins the race.' She does not believe in rushing into things, preferring to take it slow and careful. She would rather take a long time completing a project than to have to start over or rework it because she did something wrong or less than perfectly in a rush to finish. She is exacting in her actions and careful to get things right the first time. When she makes a mistake, she is quick to correct it, doing so immediately rather than forcing herself to backtrack later on.
                                                          ■ INVENTIVE Cleverness seems to be a genetic trait on her biological father's side; it is also one valued greatly by her mother and stepfather, both of whom are quite proud of how creatively Lori solves problems. She is excellent at finding an unusual solution to a problem that leaves others scratching their heads; oftentimes, her solution does the same, and she finds herself having to break it down for people who can't understand how she got from Point A to Point B.
                                                          ■ MODEST This trait is partially born of a deep-seated issue with Lori's biological father; while he always provided for her, he never seemed to care overmuch about her. Because of this, she has difficulty seeing her own self-worth at times. She isn't one to brag over accomplishments, because if they never attracted his attention, they must not have been particularly impressive. The rest of her modesty comes from an intense distaste for arrogance; she finds it pointless, and annoying. Thus she is quick to reconsider her prideful response to anything she does; if she feels she has not truly earned the right to her pride, she lets it go. Even if she has, she rarely bores those around her bragging about it.
                                                          ■ INTROVERTED She isn't a shy girl by any means, but oftentimes she finds interacting with other people utterly exhausting, and needs time alone to recuperate. She enjoys spending time with those close to her, but too much time spent in the presence of others wears her down and makes her feel drained. There are very few people in her life whose presence she will tolerate if she has dealt with overexposure to others, and even in these cases, time spent with them is preferred to be in silence.
                                                          ■ STEADFAST Lorelei is fiercely loyal, to her morals, her ideals, and those she cares about. If she is entrusted with a secret, she will take it to her grave, provided the person who shares it is worthy of her loyalty. "Worthiness" is something she concerns herself with greatly, and she considers it one of the most valuable traits in a person. If one has earned her trust and affection, she is a staunch ally. By the same token, she takes her values very seriously. She isn't stubborn by any means, but her morals are quite important to her, as are her opinions. It will take a strong, well-reasoned argument to sway her away from them. She tends more towards the grey sort of morals, but is dedicated to those that she deems noble enough for her to care.
                                                          ■ OBSERVANT Lori prefers to remain on the outside of things looking in; she finds it quite useful to watch the world around her, to learn about the people she is surrounded by. She often sees things that other miss, and will file this information away for use at a later time, should it prove beneficial. She is well-versed in reading facial expressions and body language, and easily reads the people around her. She is quick to catch a person in a lie, and has little difficulty assessing the emotional state of those around her.
                                                          ■ CALCULATING She believes firmly in using the knowledge she has in creative and useful ways. Lorelei dislikes being at a disadvantage and will do whatever it takes to ensure that she isn't. Another trait born of her relationship with her biological father, she believes that the easiest way to get through your life is to know the most and put what you know to good use. Good here meaning 'beneficial' and not necessarily 'noble.' She isn't one to shy away from doing something others might consider less than virtuous. She'll do whatever it takes to get ahead; the only people she won't step over on her way are the people she wants to take along with her, and those are few and far between.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Qoda

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm
Morgan Critchlow
first year │ unsorted │ Halfblood
User Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan watched as the people got up to the stool and got their house. He was somewhat bored but nervous at the same time. He was thinking what house he would be put in but at that momment his name was called. He scrambled up and walked over to the stool as the other kids were watching him. It looked funny how the kids were looking at him but he ignored it and the hat was put on his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very polite and kind to one another but I prefer to stay alone. I love to read books and usually find myself reading for hours. I can be a bit clumsy and tired most of the time for my sleeping is very bad and I could stay up for hours. I cant get angry for long and I usually forgive people too. If I try I can usually make friends easy because I am also very friendly to most.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:38 pm
User Image
Dermot was practically bouncing with excitement from his spot among the first years that were waiting to be sorted. As all the people before him got sorted, his eyes followed their movements. From the walk to the chair, the occasion random change in facial some of them had then finally their walk to one of the four tables. Soon he heard His brother's name be called. His eyes fell even more focused on his brother just to get a gist of what would be going on. Before long the hat was removed from cath's head and he headed to the table that had been shouted. Now it was Derry's turn.

He made his way up to the stool and took a seat. I can't wait to see what this has to say and what this whole school holds. The 11 year old was barely sitting still waiting for his house to be announced.

personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a generally enthusiastic young man. I definitely give my all into everything I do and rarely let the criticisms of others get to me. I wouldn't say I'm much of a physical adventurer but hearing or reading about that which others have had I do enjoy. I've heard though I can be easily distracted, especially when something someone does or say give me an Idea, I'll sink into my head and kind of forget the world exists but what I'm seeing mentally. I love stories so I don't often tell everything exactly as it is as much as It's not something I admit, so those who know me well know not to take what I say happened at face value. When I am concious of the world, I find that I can sometimes I notice things other people overlook.

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:08 pm
User Image
├─═▇═───═─┤ ஐ├───═▇═─┤
๓คtเl๔ค ς๏llเภร
ยภร๏гtє๔ Ŧเгรt אєคг

├─═▇═───═─┤ ஐ ├───═▇═─┤

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds

I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night

Matilda waited until her name was called, then she skipped forward to the stool. She wasn't scared of the Sorting process. She'd be happy anywhere the Hat put her. Even in scary Slytherin. She scooped her robes around her as she climbed onto the stool. Then she let the Hat be placed on her head, sitting patiently.

Matilda's Personality
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very friendly, kind and caring. I'm easily scared though and rely on my big brother for protection. Mom says I'm gullible but I'm not too sure what that means. I'm overly optimistic and have a happy view of the world. I prefer to play with my family and friends, rather than by myself. When it comes to talking, I prefer to talk about my brother and sister, rather than myself. I'm very peppy and energetic, usually the life of the group. I'm incredibly talkative, sometimes to the point that I'm overbearing. I can sometimes have trouble focusing on work because I'm so bubbly.

I'm never gonna look back
Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up
No, please don't wake me now

This is gonna be the best day of my life

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:15 pm
They're selling postcards of the hanging,
When they're painting the passports brown,
Yeah, the beauty parlor's filled with sailors,
The circus is in town,

User Image

User Image

First year ║ Unsorted ║ Muggleborn

After the trip up to the castle, which was very exciting, they finally made it to the big moment. The house he'd be in for the next seven years of his life! He honestly didn't really care which, as long as the people were nice and friendly. It seemed that a lot of kids were cheering for each house, though why that was, he wasn't sure. He also wasn't sure how he'd be sorted using his personality--which he honestly didn't pay much attention to--but he'd find out.

OOC: (Personality in spoiler)

Levi's personality
I think of myself as quiet and kind, but also serious in appropriate moments. I enjoy creating things quite a bit, and preserving them in their full beauty for as long as possible. It can be difficult to get to know me because of how quiet and reserved I can be, but again I'm gentle, kind and sensitive to those who do take the time to get to know me. I don't do well in forming ideas beforehand, and tend to just live in the moment, taking action before thinking about it. I do best in a hands-on environment, and become quickly bored with things that require abstract thinking.

And the riot squad, they're restless,
They need somewhere to go,
As Lady and I look out tonight,
From Desolation Row.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Lady Leannansidhe

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:34 pm
User Image

✿ Isobel Cavanaugh ✿
                                            Muggleborn ✿ First Year ✿ Unsorted

'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'

There were chills running up and down the young girl's spine when her name was called. She did not even hear it properly at first, having been so preoccupied with everything around her. The Great Hall was a sight to behold, perhaps even more so than the view of the castle from the lake had been. This could be in part because she had not truly enjoyed being in such a small craft when she had first caught sight of the massive castle, but the fact remained that she was not entirely sure that the Great Hall was not more impressive. A castle was all well and good, but it wasn't as though she had never seen one before, though perhaps none so grand as Hogwarts was, and while it was certainly impressive, the Great Hall was almost certainly more so. Her gaze was turned upwards towards the ceiling, taking in the sight, which was quite unlike anything she had ever seen, or even imagined, in all her life. The image of the rafters could be seen, yes, but it seemed as though it were an illusion, and that there was really no ceiling at all, no roof over the whole of the room. Instead, the night sky was above, stars and the moon luminous behind the light gathering of clouds, bright and welcoming. She had never seen anything so very incredible. It was quite beautiful, and an excellent first impression of the school. As such, she was very distracted, and did not notice her name being called for a long moment. When she finally heard it, the young girl approached the stool and the professor, wondering if perhaps she should have paid more attention to what was going on and less to the incredible ceiling. She sat on the stool, curious when the hat was lowered over her head, and was quite amazed when it spoke to her! Isobel jumped at the first sound of his voice whispering in her ear. 'This is quite remarkable!' she thought to herself. 'Though, I do wonder what precisely is the point of it? I understand this is how we are sorted, but what exactly do you do, Hat?' This was yet another thing she had not been prepared for. She hoped that her lack of preparation would not prove to be detrimental to her sorting. Nervously, she stared out at the rest of the hall, the students already seated at the four tables. 'I suppose it is one table for each house? There are four of them, and four houses. How will I know where to sit, though?' She almost certainly should have paid much closer attention to what was going on, rather than being captivated by the magical ceiling. She was quite lost now, but supposed that someone would help her along. Perhaps she would even be sorted into the same house as one of the friends she had made, that would be quite wonderful. She would know someone at the table, and could sit with them. It was a comforting thought. Her heart pounded in her chest, irregular and almost worrisome, but that she knew the cause was her nervous enthusiasm.

'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'

Out Of Character :: I realized after hitting submit that I had forgotten to include her personality, my deepest apologies.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm odd; though, I believe this is not so much a description of my personality as it is referring to the odd things that happen around me. I recall being considered quite normal when I was very young. It wasn’t until the strange things started happening that people began saying I was odd. Still, I never had trouble making friends. I did find that at times I did not want to be around them, though. Introverted, my mother said. Which some people think means I am shy, but that’s not really the case. I do not have trouble interacting with people, I just find that I also value my time to myself. I am also naturally curious; I tend to get into things I should not rather often. It can be quite frustrating for my parents. They constantly worry about me getting my younger siblings into trouble, but I would much rather they stay out of it, to be honest. I always get into more trouble when they are involved, and it can be quite annoying. Oh, I love them, of course, but I’d much rather spend time with children my own age, and who are not likely to accidentally, say, get themselves stuck in a tree, or locked in a trunk in the attic.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games