Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pekora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:47 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee's right. Lee has the ability to physically use chakra, he just doesn't know how to project that into a working ninjutsu.

...I dunno, I just find it weird...people cant do things just because they cant, theres always a reason for everything...  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:50 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd
Shikalee's right. Lee has the ability to physically use chakra, he just doesn't know how to project that into a working ninjutsu.

...I dunno, I just find it weird...people cant do things just because they cant, theres always a reason for everything...
Lee likely does not comprehend how chakra feels. Naruto (the show) is very unusual and fictional because in REAL LIFE probably 1/100 people today can feel chakra (which is actually called Ki) when you introduce it to them. Not a real statistic; just from my experience. I've tried to teach countless people how to use Ki, and only a handful of them can feel my Ki. Mostly because they have the intuition to know what to look for. I'm not saying those other 99 people can't learn it. It would just be far more difficult for them. The possibility is open that Lee could learn Ninjutsu in the future.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:03 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd

Lee likely does not comprehend how chakra feels. Naruto (the show) is very unusual and fictional because in REAL LIFE probably 1/100 people today can feel chakra (which is actually called Ki) when you introduce it to them. Not a real statistic; just from my experience. I've tried to teach countless people how to use Ki, and only a handful of them can feel my Ki. Mostly because they have the intuition to know what to look for. I'm not saying those other 99 people can't learn it. It would just be far more difficult for them. The possibility is open that Lee could learn Ninjutsu in the future.
I thought it was unusual and fictional because they used chakra to do special magicks, but that's just me.

Besides, chakra's a bunch of bull. People can't fully understand how brains work yet, so somewhere, somebody made up this stuff about chakra to explain why we feel the way we do.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:05 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd

I thought it was unusual and fictional because they used chakra to do special magicks, but that's just me.

Besides, chakra's a bunch of bull. People can't fully understand how brains work yet, so somewhere, somebody made up this stuff about chakra to explain why we feel the way we do.
Again, sarcasm on the internet is retarded, darling. Of course that's fictional. rolleyes

No. You just don't believe in it. Probably because you've never used it or felt it. It's very real. It's what makes me any good at sports.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:07 pm
Oh yeah, my bad. Of course that's not relative to genetics or anything scientific like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:11 pm
Captain Verd
Oh yeah, my bad. Of course that's not relative to genetics or anything scientific like that.
Hah... I love people who have boxed minds who completely rely on science... There's no point arguing with you; it would be a complete waste of time... xd

My genetics and physical ability points to me hardly being able to stand or run. Yet I do. That is neither explained by chakra nor science nor does it make it any less true. Because I do walk everyday.  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:24 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd

Lee isn't someone who would give up like that...just because he cant understand it doesnt mean he can feel it, or cant he?
I live in a country that, let me say, its very ignorant when it comes to other cultures...do you know who was the person that introduced Ki to the open people? I think it's japanese, but its a wild guess, too much anime and manga can affect the way you see people from different cultures...
basically all we do here is mock of japanese people, mainly their language...I would've to get me out of the list because I'm actually ''trying'' to understand their culture and language...but it isnt going very well, I cant find a proper place to teach me stuff like that.
I'm actually listening to J-Rock because I like it, but I dont get half of what they're saying, probably not even half of it...and the translations suck.
When my friends were navigating through my computer they found those songs and started listening to them, they laughed their asses off. They didnt get anything, but what mostly bothered me was that they were mocking of me and what I listened (and they actually erased the songs because they didnt liked them)...

AAAND I got completely off-topic XD, anyway, Lee apparently decided to stay focused on Taijutsu instead of the others, meaning that he gave up on them...that doesnt make sense, its not his logic.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:02 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Hah... I love people who have boxed minds who completely rely on science... There's no point arguing with you; it would be a complete waste of time... xd

My genetics and physical ability points to me hardly being able to stand or run. Yet I do. That is neither explained by chakra nor science nor does it make it any less true. Because I do walk everyday.
Oh god woman, science does not make you have a boxed mind. I'm seriously... like what the hell girl, that just ain't right.

Actually, the way your body works can always be explained by science. That's why we have biology and chemistry. That's just... that's just so weird. Besides bible freaks, I thought everyone knew bodies could be explained by science. eek

EDIT: Oh god, nevermind though. I don't even want to know where you got that idea. *_*  

Captain Verd

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:37 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

Oh god woman, science does not make you have a boxed mind. I'm seriously... like what the hell girl, that just ain't right.

Actually, the way your body works can always be explained by science. That's why we have biology and chemistry. That's just... that's just so weird. Besides bible freaks, I thought everyone knew bodies could be explained by science. eek

EDIT: Oh god, nevermind though. I don't even want to know where you got that idea. *_*

Not to mention that ki = chakra, they explained what chakra was in like the 3 volume when they were climbing the trees. Kakashi said that it was the perfect mixture of both chi (physical energy) and ki (mental energy) and is only called charka when the two are mixed right.

And verd is right, a close minded scientist is not a good one, nor something that is common it the field. It'd be kind like there being a non-athletic athlete, it just doesn't work well eh?

Also, if you could use ki independantly, then you could do s**t with your mind. As it is mental energy, and focusing it would like you move things and stuff.

Chi deals with the body and it's physical abilities, as well as how far you can push them. It's also shown in multiple fictionalized martial arts stories to be able to be drawn up and focused in the striking limb (fist, elbow, foot, ect) and release at the moment of contact, allowing for superstrength in your hits. Tsunade anyone? (It's mostly shown as it being Xao-lin martial arts users that can do this in stories)

Jessssh. This is like seeing an adult argue with a 5 year old and finding that their own brain would blow up from frustration before the kid would accept something someone else told them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:04 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

User Image

Us "Bible freaks" don't think that our bodies can't be explained by science.
We just don't think that when and how man came to be can be explained by science.

User Image

Historical

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:31 am
Historical
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

User Image

Us "Bible freaks" don't think that our bodies can't be explained by science.
We just don't think that when and how man came to be can be explained by science.

User Image

I'm gonna slide off topic just for this post:

Yeah, I heard that reasoning before, I believe they tried to use a eye/camera comparison. Cause apperantly because the camera was to complicated to have just happened, the eye was too.

Aside from the fact that camera is not even a living thing and thus does not have the 'evoled' option, it makes for a crappy argument anyway. People don't look at the vast scope and time that evolution takes to do much of anything. Eyes didn't happen in one, two, three or even probably 1000 generations. The eye didn't just evolve all at one in one nice and neat package Some baby didn't just pop out one day and be like "omgz I can see! I wonder what I should call these wonderful evolutions? I know! Eyes!"

No, you have to think millions of year and piece by piece, part by part. The first one celled and multicelled organisms didn't have eyes, they started with simple, light and dark sensative cells, which led to cells that could tell basic shapes in view. And even those took thousands and thousands of generations (though when we're talking multi celled tiny organisms that produce asexually (mostly through splitting into two pieces and reapeating that) those generations happened in days instead of about 20-30 years like with humans).

Hell, hands could have simply be the extremely slow retreation of fins into webed limbs where the skin slowly receeded even more. We're talking nearly at least 5000 to 10000 years just for a webbed foot to become a non-webbed foot

Look I believe in God too, as imperfect and edited as the bible is now, it was once divinely inspired. And as hypocritical and double standard filled as many of the massively conservative Christian people I've met have been, I know that not what the religion is all about.

But for one minute stop thinking that creation by a holy force and evolution are mutually exclusive. Who are you to say the methods God chose to use? I hear enough of this "I know god did this" or "god wouldn't want this/that" who on this planet is so full of themselves that they think they know what a divine being so powerful he exsist in another plane of exsistance would think/want/do? I can spectulated based on what I, a free thinking, sentient being would do, but that's all I can do, i cannot be certain and neither can anyone else, so everyone has to stopacting like they've got God's dairy in their pocket. And too many people using the reasoning of "god made it/did it" every time they come up against something to complicated to explain. They used to say that the Sun orbited the earth 'because god made is so". And they were so close minded that they killed people for saying other wise. The fact that nature had laws like gravity was too much to comprehend so they propped it up to being of divine cause. Maybe God did set up the universe and it's rules, maybe he used gravity as a means to keep logicial order in time/space, but I doubt he is personally holding the moon in orbit around the earth or making sure every apple that detatches from the branch falls all the way to the ground.

Just for once consider that Evolution and Creation are not both vying for the slot of why. Who are you to rule out the possiblity of God using evolution as the means to life on this planet? Could it be that God could be anwser to the question of why and the evolution is the not anwser to why but tohow?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:42 pm
This is getting offtopic  

Pekora

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:58 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd

Lee isn't someone who would give up like that...just because he cant understand it doesnt mean he can feel it, or cant he?
I live in a country that, let me say, its very ignorant when it comes to other cultures...do you know who was the person that introduced Ki to the open people? I think it's japanese, but its a wild guess, too much anime and manga can affect the way you see people from different cultures...
basically all we do here is mock of japanese people, mainly their language...I would've to get me out of the list because I'm actually ''trying'' to understand their culture and language...but it isnt going very well, I cant find a proper place to teach me stuff like that.
I'm actually listening to J-Rock because I like it, but I dont get half of what they're saying, probably not even half of it...and the translations suck.
When my friends were navigating through my computer they found those songs and started listening to them, they laughed their asses off. They didnt get anything, but what mostly bothered me was that they were mocking of me and what I listened (and they actually erased the songs because they didnt liked them)...

AAAND I got completely off-topic XD, anyway, Lee apparently decided to stay focused on Taijutsu instead of the others, meaning that he gave up on them...that doesnt make sense, its not his logic.
That's what I'm saying. He's probably STILL trying, but still hasn't found it. It takes some people 20 years to figure it out.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:01 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

It's not science that makes you closed-minded, it's the fact that you choose not to believe something simply because it cannot be proved by science. Does that mean to have no soul? Does that make you and atheist or nihilist?

No, I'm not a bible freak. How idiotic and shallow of you. I would like you to explain to me why I can lift 5 times my own weight, weighting 80lbs. Explain this with SCIENCE. I am well aware that physics does not explain it. I major in science overall.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:07 am
liz_bliz
Not to mention that ki = chakra, they explained what chakra was in like the 3 volume when they were climbing the trees. Kakashi said that it was the perfect mixture of both chi (physical energy) and ki (mental energy) and is only called charka when the two are mixed right.

And verd is right, a close minded scientist is not a good one, nor something that is common it the field. It'd be kind like there being a non-athletic athlete, it just doesn't work well eh?

Also, if you could use ki independantly, then you could do s**t with your mind. As it is mental energy, and focusing it would like you move things and stuff.

Chi deals with the body and it's physical abilities, as well as how far you can push them. It's also shown in multiple fictionalized martial arts stories to be able to be drawn up and focused in the striking limb (fist, elbow, foot, ect) and release at the moment of contact, allowing for superstrength in your hits. Tsunade anyone? (It's mostly shown as it being Xao-lin martial arts users that can do this in stories)

Jessssh. This is like seeing an adult argue with a 5 year old and finding that their own brain would blow up from frustration before the kid would accept something someone else told them.
Chakra = Ki in Naruto. Not in reality. And no, he didn't call it ki and chi. That's idiotic. And I have no idea where the hell you got it. Ki and Chi are the SAME THING, spelled DIFFERENTLY.

A true scientist would be open to the possibility of anti matter and non matter. Which she isn't.

No. Ki exists in everything around us. Theoretically we already CAN do things with our minds, and do everyday. Just because we can't levitate objects doesn't mean it's any less real. I find it rather stupid that a "scientist" needs the most OBVIOUS sort of proof.

Ki and Chi are the exact same thing. I'd like to see you find an NON-NARUTO source that validates your claim.

The analogy is purely asinine and biased. I could just as easily make rude claims about you simply because I see things differently. But I don't. Because unlike you, I am open to the possibility that nothing said here is true. Because it's the goddamn internet. xp Not the mention the fact for you to get angry enough to have to throw out an insult not only questions your credibility but your maturity as well.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games