Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:47 pm
Doomie! You didn't RED TEXT! gonk It just doesn't feel the same when I try to bring it back to the way I remember it. sad

Sonya Khatsworth
That and on various forums as well. Just 20min ago I wall-of-text'd on one I frequent to clarify some things concerning the realities of what being TG means. (and I don't mean an angry rant, just explanations and facts)

It's sad that the world is still so full of misunderstanding and hate, but the only thing we CAN do is hope that a polite tone, sharing knowledge, experiences and avoiding mocking on our own part can help bring about a better understanding.

Sadly doing so puts me in the light for flames as well, but it's a sacrifice I have to make. If all the success stories get swept under the rug by going stealth, then all world has to go with are the horror stories.

I got some friends who don't really understand it, and I've honestly tried to help explain it as best as I could to them. Bit hard since I don't know exactly the situation or feelings one goes through.

Most I do is explain how for the person who feels this way the body they are given feels not right and with a few snips and tucks (or add-ons?) they can feel closer to who they feel is them self. ...Or something like that!

It's so much easier to argue against the whole "it's not what nature intended!" lines. Though I find that line strange coming from a friend of mine who's religious beliefs are more in line with otherkin, or whatever he'd prefer to use to describe his belief system.

Of course, trying to use sociological and anthropological arguments don't go over well when they just ignore them in the first place... My most common one I use is that either almost everything humans do is unnatural (even the preservation or reverence of nature), or everything we do is natural, because nature gave us the capacity to do it (thus pollution and the destruction of habitat are all natural). These sorts of arguments never go well with most people it seems.

I don't know why I went on and on about nothing helpful, but yeah. I'm trying to help people I know understand the situation. gonk

Psycho Lee
To change topics, what's with this airship game? It seems only pieces of it are being released at a time, so I'm a bit confused on what we're acually supposed to be doing.

It's incomplete? I didn't know what was really going on. I just ended up trying really hard to make a voyage that lasted, but failed juuuuust short of reaching the jelly thing.

Funny story though, I altered the starting crew names. I had Bert, Ernie, HAL and Dave. Not surprisingly, Dave died first. rofl Then HAL. ... Then Ernie! Bert and I made it to the end before dieing of starvation. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:29 am
Garek Maxwell
Doomie! You didn't RED TEXT! gonk It just doesn't feel the same when I try to bring it back to the way I remember it. sad

I actually stopped redtexting on Gaia (and other forum sites) because I figured it was hard on people's eyes. Hey, if people don't mind me redtexting, I shall. biggrin

It still is my favourite colour, after all!

Garek Maxwell
I got some friends who don't really understand it, and I've honestly tried to help explain it as best as I could to them. Bit hard since I don't know exactly the situation or feelings one goes through.

Most I do is explain how for the person who feels this way the body they are given feels not right and with a few snips and tucks (or add-ons?) they can feel closer to who they feel is them self. ...Or something like that!

It's so much easier to argue against the whole "it's not what nature intended!" lines. Though I find that line strange coming from a friend of mine who's religious beliefs are more in line with otherkin, or whatever he'd prefer to use to describe his belief system.

Of course, trying to use sociological and anthropological arguments don't go over well when they just ignore them in the first place... My most common one I use is that either almost everything humans do is unnatural (even the preservation or reverence of nature), or everything we do is natural, because nature gave us the capacity to do it (thus pollution and the destruction of habitat are all natural). These sorts of arguments never go well with most people it seems.

I don't know why I went on and on about nothing helpful, but yeah. I'm trying to help people I know understand the situation. gonk

See, the important thing here is that you try.
A lot of people don't even try to understand, they just automatically reject what doesn't seem normal to them and the worst is, TG people sometimes also get flak from GBL folks, which is very ironic in that even if sexual orientation/identity are different, we face discrimination for the same reason.

Anyways. We have to work really hard to "earn" the right to use the pronouns for the gender we identify with, whereas the "normal" people who mock us were simply lucky to be born right, like some kid born into richness and tossing pennies at folks from poor families. Food for thought.

Generally if people don't want to try to understand, you can point them to higher authorities of knowledge. Whatever the common populace's opinion is, if scientists discover that eating a particular kind of meat and condiment combination is suddenly found to greatly increase the chances of obesity and back it up with proof, you're gonna have health magazines talking about it everywhere and people are gonna follow it like sheep.
In which case, what happens if people have scientific proof that MtFs/FtMs have brains with a more similar make-up to that of their desired gender than birth gender? Oh snap.
http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/85/5/2034

Quote:
Taking into account the aforementioned limitations of our studies, the present study of SOM neurons in the human BSTc provides unequivocal new data supporting the view that transsexualism may reflect a form of brain hermaphroditism such that this limbic nucleus itself is structurally sexually differentiated opposite to the transsexual’s genetic and genital sex. It is conceivable that this dichotomy is just the tip of the iceberg and holds also true for many other sexually dimorphic brain areas.

This supports HRT & surgery in the sense that trying to "fix" the brain is very improbable and probably lethal. (and unethical. I mean come on,you'd have to rob these people of their birth gender!) Fixing the body to reflect the brain, not so much.

Right, I know what happens at this point. The ones who dislike trans people for religious reasons start throwing their Bibles and Qur'ans at me, because science is silly. Teehee.

Anyhoo, keep that link handy Garek. You might be able to tide a few people over with it. :3  

Sonya Khatsworth

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:00 am
Sometimes I wonder if our society was more gender neutral to begin with that would make it a lot easier for TG people to begin with. It still amazes me how split the gender roles can be in society, even with things as simple as what makes for appropriate clothes.

I'm always supportive of people following their own paths in life as long as they aren't hurting anyone. Personally I've always found it interesting to listen to what TG people have to say on the topic because I personally have such a lack of gender identity. I've always considered myself, myself. If I woke up tomorrow a guy, other than an immediate need to play with the new parts, the sudden gender switch wouldn't bother me.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:36 pm
I figured out that this airship event was just a crappy oregon trail clone. I was fully expecting something where you'd work with other Gaians, for instance joining a group of gaians to make your own airship, but this is completely a solo game which I think makes it suck a**. Even Gaia's puzzle game has more social interaction than this. Meh.

There's a guy at financial aid that works at the front desk. Or, formerly a guy. "He" had a cleft lip, 3 fingers on each hand, thin arms and body, and a disfigured face, and usually dressed in punk rock attire. Probably looked that way due to birth defects. Seemed like a nice guy and all though.

Imagine my shock when I went up to financial aid recently and found "him" with long permed hair, women's clothing, and small breasts! I don't care if this person feels better as a woman, it was just a bit of a shock is all, since I knew her as a man for so long. I still think of her as a man too. sweatdrop  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:43 pm
Also, a friend who I've known for 10 years, the first furry I ever made friends with and one of the people who got me into the fandom, seems to not want to talk with me or be friends with me anymore, because I hit a squirrel over a week ago and she thinks I did it on purpose. :/
She says that I've been a bit of an a** lately but this was the last straw.

What happened with the squirrel is:
I saw what I thought was a dead squirrel on a residential road and steered my car so my tires wouldn't hit it. At the last second, the squirrel moved... towards my car. I felt a bump. I stopped. In my rear mirror, the squirrel rolled around in obvious pain, but wasn't bleeding. I couldn't do much so I drove on.

A day ago, I passed the place and saw no sign of anything. But a block later I saw a squirrel sniffing and eating something in the road. I slowly pulled aside of it, and it didn't run. I had to honk several times, wave my arms, and scream to get the squirrel, that was 2 feet from my car, to get off the road. IF it's the same squirrel, it's a wonder it's still alive. Squirrel is a pretty cool guy, eh sits in the middle of the road and doesn't afraid of anything cars.

But I didn't hit it on purpose, so my friend needs to stop being all "OMG ANIMALS ARE BETTER THAN HUMANS AND HITTING ONE WITH A CAR IS MURDER" and drop it. sad  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm
not sure why but i am on a obber granola kick  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Af Mas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:17 pm
I really wish my job would hire more people, because it's so freaking busy lately that it's becoming hard to make it through 8 hours each day sweatdrop Getting tired of listening to old people talk about...nothing...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 pm
And I think I'm coming down with a cold >.< Fffffuuuuu  

Af Mas

Scentrus Darmoset

Dangerous Genius

6,075 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm
I'm not really well known here, so I'll say hello.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm
Broly20

Well, participating in threads is a start!  

Af Mas

Scentrus Darmoset

Dangerous Genius

6,075 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:12 pm
Af Mas
Broly20

This is quite true, and I shall begin here!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 pm
Broly20
Af Mas
Broly20

This is quite true, and I shall begin here!

Well this isn't so much a chat thread as a venting thread sweatdrop But still, it is a start  

Af Mas

Scentrus Darmoset

Dangerous Genius

6,075 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:12 pm
Fine, I'll start with venting! I can't stand ignorant people who criticize furs just because they don't understand our interests.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:40 am
I swear America has become the most ignorant, bigoted, hateful, retarded country filled with morons and maggots.

If I continue to hear hatred over this mosque two blocks from the WTC site I swear I'm just going to go around, find the conservative ******** and racist bastards who hate anyone non-white and non-christian and just stab them all in the foreheads with a rusty knife. I have never seen so much blatant anti-islamic sentiment since ******** you America. ******** you. evil  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Af Mas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:33 pm
I dunno, there are some pretty stupid countries out there.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games