Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:19 pm
Shalour City

Sal's eyes widened as Grant talked and she sipped on her tea, because she was surprised they were actually some kind of item. "Faraway, huh?"

When Grant mentioned drop out statistics by badge count, Salieri looked out at the horizon over the ocean and Reynard raised an eyebrow. If she beat Korrina today, she'd have three. Eh, I think I'll be fine.

"Statistics shmatistics. Results are the only thing that matter, yanno? She might be fine..." A part of her wanted to cite Moze's irregular accomplishments in earning badges, but then she'd have to elaborate on why Moze quit the league. Not a good citation to make to defend her honor. There are other reasons to drop out...

Sal put down her tea and leaned forward, squinting from the sun that was high behind Grant. "So you think she's doing alright? Like, she's not freaking out about anything, or...? " It was quite transparent that Salieri was trying to glean into Helena's frazzled state of mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:40 pm
The Cave

Ratio's lair wasn't cavernous like the kinds of caves that served as Route junctions, but it was big enough to have nooks and crannys to explore. ((Wtf is a nook or cranny anyway)). Light seeped out from one of these spots, a room in the cave shaped like an igloo that kept most of the sound inside. Here is where Moze had spent many nights for the past four years.

His makeshift bedroom was as sparse as the computer room, carrying mostly essentials. A bed, a place to put clothes, a laptop. The one thing that stuck out was a grand piano. Kero let him keep it around since the room was almost soundproof. It helped him focus.

Right now Moze was deep in meditation, letting his fingers go over the keys with his eyes closed to play Bolero. Cottonballs floated like snowflakes around the room while Shepard Fairey bobbed up and down on a whirlwind in time to the song.

There was a time where playing music would bring him peace. Now it was all he could do to keep the thought of killing Horton Balibar at bay. The painful Aura backlash he received when he drove his sword through that man was unlike anything he had ever experienced. He knew, rationally, that this pain was not his own. And now he believed wholeheartedly that Horton deserved it. Yet Moze kept feeling flashes of what Horton went through in his final seconds.

Is this what it's like to die?

Kero must have been used to this by now. Moze made a note to ask him if it ever got easier. Right now, he could sense the Aura of his master's new guest, a girl he'd been speaking of for a few days now. In fact, this girl had some surface connection with Salieri. Moze wanted to ask about that too.

Until then, he played on to stave off the feeling of someone else's death. There was all the time in the world for introductions.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:44 pm
Shalour City Cafe

"Yeah, there is an occasional dark horse that pops up to snag a bunch of badges in the endgame. A few times there was someone that got them all in the same day, but you have to train a lot for that. If you're an active competitor, especially if it's your first league challenge, having less than four by the end of the first week is bad."

Grant thought about the last day and the previous night. He sighed. "She's definitely losing it. She said this guy gave her a Tyrantrum, told her to tame it and then he'd come for her. She seems scared of him, but she keeps trying to tame it, like she's drawn to it."

Grant took a seat, and looked across the table at Salieri. "She said she had a brother, and I think he's gonna lose her to this guy. That's gotta be a scary thought, you know? To have a sibling suddenly disappear, especially after you had a fight. I'm an only child, but I think I'd spend the rest of my life regretting not doing everything I could to make things work."

Grant thought for a second before he continued, "you guys seem like you were almost friends once. She said you know her brother, too. Would you mind letting him know?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:50 pm
The Cave

Helena had been told that she could leave when she was ready. She had been told that she could give her answer later, but it had to be soon. Ratio had told her that they were running out of time.

The scale of it all threatened to crush her, but she played it safe, kept herself strong. As she wandered the caves, the sosund of a piano danced its way to her ears. Curious, and amused at the idea of Ratio playing the piano, Helena went to investigate. It was dark here, and scary, but she didn't feel scared anymore. Not even nervous, not as the presence of the madman.

Unless the door was locked, in which case she would knock, Helena would open Moze's door, to catch the sight of him playing.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 pm
Shalour City Café

After his badges were stolen by the one Salieri thought to be Alanza Taine, Moze was one of those underdogs that got all his badges in one day. She was sure Grant wasn't referring to Moze specifically, but it made her smile to think about.

[Uh, who invited you to sit here?] Reynard asked Grant as he sat in the third chair. The Vaporeon eyed Sal. [Yo, who invited him to sit here? Ah, ******** it.] Reynard plopped back down and sighed. At least Grant wasn't annoying her like Zack or Math. Yet.

Salieri wasn't upset when she left the cove earlier because of the insults leveled at her. She was used to that kind of thing by now, half of them rang true, and all that coming off Helena's loss mitigated its worth to Sal. She was upset because Helena's erratic behavior was reminding her of Moze.

If Grant was catching on then it was worse than she thought. But Helena made it very clear that neither girl would be the other one's problem. She wanted Ratio dead when Salieri needed him alive for answers, she threatened to kill Salieri if Zack got hurt, and she was positive Sal was going to use everyone as pawns and get them killed. There was almost no motivation for Salieri to help Helena through this at all.

Almost.

"Yeah, I'll tell him I guess." She had been planning on it anyway. If Helena did something stupid like Moze did, there was no telling what trouble they could get into. "But let's keep this talk between us, I don't need her jumping down my back again."

Salieri released Oberon. The Cleffa stood on the table and blinked her huge cutesy baby eyes at Grant. Sal held out the straw for Oberon to drink the rest of the tea, and the Cleffa did so. Rey was jealous. "So, what else did she say about me?" Sal asked, resting the side of her head in her hand. "Couldn't have been good."

The Cave

"Come on in, Helena," Moze said, eyes still closed and still playing piano. Of course he knew it was her. The emotions running off her Aura were at a high, and he didn't think she'd be surprised by a prediction that must've seemed like a parlor trick by now.

"No chairs, but you can sit on the bed if you want."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:39 pm
Shalour City Cafe

"She has this whole thing about a conspiracy, that you're trying to overthrow the government, that trainers like me are in danger. Most of what she said about you is that you're bossy, rude, violent, and angry. Most of what she talked about was her, her brother, mom, this Radio guy." Grant shrugged.

Grant looked at the Cleffa, and then the Vaporeon. One half of these Pokemon wasn't exactly suited for the league challenge, but Grant wouldn't judge. He'd been doing it too many years to not advocate people having fun with it, but as he looked back across the table at Salieri it made him worry about her progress.

"Want a rematch?"

The Cave

Helena stepped into the room and looked over at Moze, seated at his piano. "I'm okay standing," she said. The teen hadn't expected anyone else to be here, but she guessed that it made sense. "How many of you are there?"  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:09 pm
Shalour City Café

"Well, like," Sal started, trying to defend herself. "I mean, I wouldn't say bossy, but whatever. It's coming from Helena, anyway." She stopped herself from going further and held up a hand with an apologetic smile. "No offense."

Then Grant asked her for a rematch, and she perked up. "I don't have Lupin with me, but-". She looked around, taking in the environment as a battler and not a patron. Right next to the porch was a dirt road next to a grassy hill that led down to the beach. It was just fine for a battle. "Yeah, I'm game. I need to gauge these two better anyway."

Reynard and Oberon both sized Grant up, and Reynard threw on a wicked smirk. [See what I can do? I'm next an ocean, dumbass, lemme at 'im.]

Sal pointed back and forth between her Pokémon. "Your pick. This one, that one? Both?"

The Cave

Moze faded out the song early and sighed. He opened his eyes, and Helena might recognize that amber sheen. "Well there's you, me," he started, getting up from the piano and counting on his fingers on his way to her. "He kidnapped some Team Flare Scientist yesterday and it looks like she's gonna be cooperative, so three. And Kero, duh."

He held up four fingers, smiled, then offered his hand. "Mozart Soledad. People call me Moze."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:19 pm
Just like that, they'd made it. Well, not JUST like that. The chaos seemed to take one last push at them all, with those on the ground rushing forward and losing someone. It wasn't someone Ben recognized, actually. Whoever they were, he hoped nobody would be waiting for them, because there was almost no chance anyone would be able to find something to bury or the identity.

The repel caused an effect even on his pokemon, each one shuddering with revulsion as they passed through. It was the sort of thing that didn't last long, or work nearly as well, when trainers used it, but he suspected that that had something to do with capitalism.

What was more important was the oil field itself. Not that they had arrived, he had been fairly turned around for a time before they'd gotten there... But now there was a more sinister feeling. Manny used a calm mind, and let the sensation flow to any other in the link, Benedict's and any other trainer's. It would help, he thought, deal with walking through a repel.

He would focus, and continue to use calm minds, on finding their enemy then. Not just their aura, here it felt thick to him, as if he could feel it in the air, taste it... Now, Manny hunted unfamiliar minds, anything at all that could be their stalker.

You know, I think this story is a hell of a lot more than I thought it was. Manny thinks our Stalker is here. The thought was followed by an emotion that might be equated to a nervous laugh.

Caboose was hovering closer to the ground, and closer to the pokemon there, waiting for their next step, though he would move if the group if they were still moving.

Assuming Manny would find what he was looking for, everyone in the link would be given its location in relation to themselves.  

Klarp Glornharm

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:27 pm
Shalour City Cafe

Grant smiled at Salieri's flustered defense. He might have called her abrasive, if he knew her better, but for now she just seemed normal. Strong, which was good, but normal.

The sponsored trainer looked over at the two Pokemon, sizing up Oberon and Reynard. He shrugged. "I'll take on both of them. It'll be good team work practice." Grant spoke in a confident, and relaxed manner, but hid the fact that he meant it would be good practice for Salieri.

Standing up, he'd wait for Salieri to pay any bills she owed, before heading out to the Beach, where he retrieved two pokeballs from his belt.

The first one he released was Audino, the Pokemon looking around before spotting Salieri and her Pokemon and smiling.

The second was a Mandibuzz. The dark/flying type immediately took off into the air, circling the battlefield. Both had communication devices attached to their ears. Mandibuzz' was numbered four, and Audino's was numbered six.

"Do you want the first move?"

The Cave

Looking at Moze, there was something familiar about him, but Helena couldn't place it. She stepped further into the room as he began to talk, watching him as she listened. So there were just the four of them? That wasn't much of an army. Had Ratio been alone before? Was that why he failed? Looking at Moze, Helena could only wonder how old he must be. Certainly not much older than Zack.

"Soledad?" Helena asked, mouth suddenly agape. She bit her lip as she stared at Moze further. Yeah, that resemblance was definitely there.

"As in related to Salieri Soledad, the angry rage against the machine Salieri Soledad?"

I didn't know she had a brother.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:10 pm
Shalour City Café

[No, I'll do it myself,] Reynard declared, falling on deaf ears. [This fight is mine.] She looked to Oberon. [Do you even wanna do this?]

Oberon was too busy trying to squeeze every last drop of Sal's tea into her mouth.

Sal cleared her check and walked down to the beach. On her way she thought about how these two Pokémon would work together. Oberon was just a space baby, so she didn't expect much out of her now. When she saw Grant's two Pokémon, she groaned internally. Two tanks. Reynard was something of a tank herself, probably being the most offensive of the four, and she didn't even know what Oberon's stats were like. This could suck.

"Sure." She didn't feel the need to pull out the Pokédex that she hadn't noticed had been stolen by Ska earlier when she was napping. Instead, she wanted to see how much of her Cleffa's movelist she had memorized. "Okay, Rey-"

Without warning, her Vaporeon melted into water and immediately slithered into the ocean, solidifying underwater and looking up at Mandibuzz. She could see the bird clearly but Mandibuzz would probably have a harder time looking past the reflection of the sun. "Uh, okay, whatever." Sal pointed to Oberon. "Misty Terrain!"

Atomicka the Warrior Princess of Glacknor had a fair understanding of what her powers were like on this planet by now. She would have chosen to intensify Gravity in order to bring down the vulture and use her decorative bones as ceremonial pieces representing her dominance as a barbarian. But things were different on Earth, and if she wanted to eat more of the delicious rations her human provided her, she would continue to follow Salieri's orders and appease to the human reaction known as 'cuteness aggression'.

So Oberon winked at everybody and let a pink mist curl onto the battlefield.

The Cave

"Sounds like her, yeah." Moze scratched his head, blowing a stray cottonball out of his face. It floated past Helena with the others.

"How do you know my little sister?" Quickly, he tacked on his real question. "How's she doing?"  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:36 pm
Shalour City - Beach

"Thunder Ace," Grant spoke gently into his own ear piece. One would have to strain to hear him at the distance that the two trainers stood.

Audino would bring down a thunder into the water where Reynard had escaped into, and Mandibuzz would disappear in the flash of bright light, moving to take out Oberon with an Aerial Ace before Salieri and her Pokemon could grasp what had just happened.

The Cave

"I met her at the start of the league challenge, and beat her in a battle." She hadn't really, Loki had just humiliated the karate girl, but Salieri had taken it as enough of a loss to challenge Helena to a rematch.

Helena gauged Moze's reaction to that before she continued. "She's built a small crew of people, my idiot brother included, to help her overthrow the government but so far I think they've just racked up a hospital bill trying to take on Ratio." Helena wasn't aware of Salieri's victory over The Sniper, nor of Salieri's efforts to help stop the stampede of Pokemon. The girl was passionate about her goals, but framed this way they only looked like a lot of talk, and going after the wrong guy.

"She's fine, I think. Definitely putting herself and everyone else in danger, but I doubt she's in trouble." Helena remembered not to mention that Salieri had challenged her to a rematch and had won.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:47 pm
Hidden Oil Field

Alexa didn't say a word as she snapped picture after picture. As far as she could tell, there were no workers on site, which was very odd. More physical labor in jobs like these utilized Pokémon but she couldn't see any of those either. No foremen, nobody in the control tower. The facility was devoid of people, but it was still active.

She saw a crack in a containment pod near the rigs and pumps, where slick black oil leaked out onto the ground in a puddle so large it was practically a pond. If the facility was automated, it must not have been checked in a long time. Security cameras lined the roof of the main building and on posts dotted in strategic locations. They were still on. The Verdralife company logo and name were right on the side of the main building's wall.

"This place is definitely not up to code. Jullien is never this sloppy," Alexa mused out loud and mentally to the link. "Unless this is all a sick joke."

As Manny's mind became calm the range of his Telepathy grew, and he found the one mind around not connected to his own. It was that of a Trevenant, a very patient and old Trevenant. But soon he'd see that looking for it was not going to be a problem.

"Uhhhh what is that?" Liam pointed at the horizon.

On the other side of the building, a mass of wriggling trees grew higher and higher. Its shape was unclear until it got tall enough to show that it had arms, and what they had been looking at was a head. In the center of the grey bark and green leaves was a red glow, an eye. "I've....beeeeen...waaaaaaiting...."

The tree titan stood up, revealing its hundred foot tall humanoid form, entirely made up of wriggling trees. The arms were out of proportion, long even for its size with four pointed fingers. It loomed high enough to block out the sun for even the travelers in the sky. Manny's mental search would place the Trevenant in the center of the tree titan's chest, where a heart would be.

It took a step, and though it walked at the same speed a human would, that step covered a lot of ground, taking it out from behind the building and off to its side. When its truck sized foot touched the ground, an Earthquake followed, sending a tremor at all on the ground. Kabutops and Drifblim were not the only ones with stat buffs. The level 60 Trevenant's stats were maxed a long time ago. It hadn't been in a Pokéball for years. In fact, the travelers might realize after Manny's search that there was no trainer to be found.

The Earthquake upturned the earth, making a wave of earth that threatened to crush the twins, Gogoat, Bridgette and her Pokémon, and anyone not bound by gravity that was low to the ground.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:45 pm
Shalour City Beach

"Push 'em," Sal called to Oberon, knowing full well that even if Reynard could hear her she probably wasn't listening. The mist parted in front of the Cleffa as Gravity intensified on the beach. There was no way Oberon was dodging the speedy attack, and so she had to change its path instead. Mandibuzz would be forced to drop low and hit the ground right before she would've rammed into Oberon thanks to Gravity. The effect even slowed down light, causing it to sparkle on the mist.

Oberon met Mandibuzz's eyes, sniffled, then began to cry like she saw a human baby do an hour ago on the street. The Fake Tears would lower the bird's special defense if she saw or heard them. It was a means to an end, to make getting that necklace of corpse parts a little easier.

Meanwhile, Reynard felt the effects of Gravity even in the ocean, pushing her down to the bottom of the shallows. She saw Thunder charge high over the water, but didn't think about it for one reason: If this was a smaller body of water the electricity would be more contained, but this was the ocean. It dispersed as soon as it touched the water wide and outwards, favoring the surface rather than the depths. The sound wave that rippled out, however, caused her to cringe in pain. It was like listening to a Round, but it could have been much worse.

In the ocean where she could Water Absorb consciously if given a moment, she was practically and circumstantially invincible, but her opponents were up there. To attack the way she wanted to, she would have to resurface at least enough to see, dropping that tight defense for an offense.

The Vaporeon used a column of water to push herself up against the Gravity in order to poke her head out of the surface. From there she could see Audino and Mandibuzz. She opened her mouth and spit forth an Icy Wind at the two of them, sending out a sharp chill and sharper pieces of ice while everyone's evasion was lowered.

Salieri watched as her Pokémon used moves that barely meshed together and sighed. With Oberon it was more excusable since she was just a baby. But Reynard, well, that b***h was just trying to show off. Salieri put a hand over her face, peeking out through her fingers. "Merde."

The Cave

Moze folded his arms, listening to Helena with a friendly smirk. Though he was still in training, he could tell that Helena was lying about their battle through her Aura. "Cute," said Moze, sure that his own sister would also muddle her battle records like that. They were more alike than he would've thought from hearing Kero's breakdown of Helena. Still, Moze wouldn't say he saw through it out loud. He just met the girl. He wasn't trying to embarrass her.

However, Helena truly and solidly believed the rest of what she said about Salieri, so Moze had no reason to think she was lying based on her Aura. "She's putting everyone in danger? Weird, she likes the tough guy approach. Lone wolf. The only person she usually drags into her messes is my girlfriend." He tapped a finger to his lips, brow furrowed. "But she must be in real deep this time if she's recruiting, huh? That does sound like Sal...always escalating s**t..."

He said that last part with a tinge of pride while he stretched his arms across his shoulders, pacing a bit. "Guess I gotta check in with her. I've been keeping tabs on her for a while, but don't tell, okay?" Moze stopped and grinned sheepishly. "Look at me, I'm going on and on. Sorry, I don't meet a lot of other kids these days."

Moze threw his arms out wide, gesturing to all around them. "Enough about her, I can tell you're not a fan, a lot of people aren't. What about you, Helena? What do you think of all this stuff Kero -my bad, Ratio- talked about, huh? It's a lot, I know."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:47 pm
Hidden Oil Field

Drifblim felt the power of Trevenant. Not because he could use aura, but because he was linked to it. He glew, as he connected to it, and used its power for his own self. Statistically boosting in an instant, as Bridgette arrived, the pre-teen would smile.

Benedict, I can finish this in a single blow, just give me the chance.

As the body of their enemy rose up, Bridgette kept her cool. If there was anything that she was confident in, it was the bond between her Pokemon. Drifblim and Kabutops both disappeared in a flash of light. Kabs, then Driffy.

When I call these names came the echo of a memory, one only Manny would feel, because of his telepathic bond. take off your limiters

Flashes of Memory

It was two years ago, on their first journey together. Bridgette sat with her two Pokemon, Drifloon and Kabuto.

"When you're taken to the statistical maximum your moves could potentially be fatal. If you're ever at that point, be careful, unless I call you by these names." Kabs had been a fossil, woken up a long time later, to a world he barely knew. Bridgette had helped teach it to him. It was a fun fueled adventure. The two Pokemon loved her, and she loved them.

They sat around a campfire as the girl spoke, a growth spurt had made her prosthetics obsolete, and so now she was searching through a pile of extras for a replacement that would fit. "If you don't hear these names, you have to be extremely careful. Even if you lose, okay? I'd rather we lose than seriously hurt anyone."

It was one year ago. Kabutops, Drifblim, and Bridgette had encountered a beached Wailord. He was dying, whimpering at the crowd. It wasn't being beached that had doomed him, but the horrilbe wounds upon his body. He would never be able to convey the battle he had been in, but one month later, he would hear the speech himself.

Their true names.

Oil Field - Present Day

"Go," Psych Up, mimicing Trevenant's boosts, into Baton Pass, brought out Kabutops at his current statistical maximum. "Musashi", history's greatest swordsman. Musashi emerged, and Drifblim emerged a moment later. Another Psych up as Bridgette moved onto his head, and they rocketed off toward the growing tree.

"Go!" Bridgette shouted as the giant tree lifted its foot to bring down its Earthquake. Baton Pass, as the foot began to fall, and Bridgette brought up her Pokeball. She couldn't defeat the tree monster, not even with, "Longinus", the spear of Destiny, but there was another.

Manny just needed to give her the location.

As Warlord emerged, it was with a Bounce, using its massive strength to smash into the foot, even with its Earthquake power, it would be offset, and it would have Musashi rocketing off after, to destroy the excess with his powerful blades, to try and slow the beast.

Warlord's size dwarfed that of a truck. Unless the foot expanded greatly and abandoned its Earthquake, it would be forced to face Warlord's power, and fail to hit the rest of the crew.

The rest of you, if you can feel his power, try to mimic it. She meant Drifblim, who emerged again for the final Psych Up, for himself. The telepathic bond would make it easier, though only Manny and Essence could use the move, it would allow them all to reach their current maximum potential.

Drifblim was the only one who hadn't stepped into action yet, but he hadn't been called upon.

Not yet. Bridgette stood, faced before their giant foe, at his foot, Drifblim ready to save her if it was necessary. First they needed a location.

((I think cause Manny searched to give it, and Jump gave it, that Bridgette has it now?))

There it was. A pulse through the link, that told them all where its heart was.

Go.

Drifblim slipped into the shadows. He knew as she thought it, what he was meant to do. The Pokemon had been with Bridgette long than she had been a trainer.

Eight Years Ago.

This is my earliest memory it wasn't a thought, merely a fact, that would be given to Manny. It was just an instant, in which he would be given all of this. He would know it like his own, as opposed to living it - perks of so many Calm Minds.

"What did the doctor say?" squeaked the frail voice of a four year old Bridgette. She looked at her father, bigger than life, years before the stress had shriveled him away into wrinkles and grey hair.

"It's spreading too fast," her father said, struggling to hold back his tears. Her mother was there, too, stroking her hair. "but they think they can stop the cancer. They just have to take your arms and legs, all four of them."

Bridgette smiled. "It's okay, daddy. Please don't cry." She didn't know what it meant to be strong, but she didn't know the scale of any of this either. The girl had grown up in a hospital bed, she couldn't miss the outdoors.

But in the four years that followed, she learned to long for it.

Four Years Ago

"But the doctor says my physical therapy is going great! Can I please please please go outside?"

Her mother sighed, and looked at her daughter. Bubbly, full of energy, always happy. She danced more than she walked, skipped more than she ran, all on prosthetics that she had grown so used to. Whenever she grew, she got used to them, faster and faster, but today she wobbled on her new legs.

"I know, sweetheart, but your immune system is still recovering from your last bout of chemo." Bridgette pouted, and her mother pulled the tiny, frail girl into a hug.

On the table where her mother sat, Bridgette saw the bills. That was one thing she had learned about in her eight years of life. They were her hospital bills. She had no concept of the money, but she knew that seeing them was stressful.

Especially since her father had quit his old job to build her prosthetics, to revolutionize the industry, to make his daughter as normal as possible.

"Fine," Bridgette continued to pout. Her mother accepted the apology, since Bridgette had never betrayed that trust, not until that night.

Fractured memories continued to pour in. The Drifloon that tapped at her window. Bridgette, who opened it and was whisked away.

There was a car accident, when her parents gave chase. Being held in her mother's arms. Being told it wasn't her fault.

Blaming Drifloon, who continued to come back. Memories of a funeral, and obtaining a concept of death. Bridgette realized her own mortality that day.

Drifloon was a constant memory that her mother was gone, that she was dead. Bridgette blamed him, and her father did too, until one day he took her again.

It was to a man's house. There were many other children there, and Bridgette managed to get help. Hundreds of kids were buried in his backyard, a dozen more in the basement. The balloon Pokemon had just wanted to save them.

It was that night that she had told the Pokemon that it wasn't his fault, and then she fought to keep him.

"The mad God!" she had called the Pokemon, chanting it, "the mad god, the mad god, the king of the dead!" It was a game that nobody else could understand.

When they had begun training, it was with that very concept in mind.

Oil Field - Present Day

Use The Phantom Force, the world of shadows, the ghostly energies therein, to muster ghostly energies upon arrival. All these years in it, Drifblim had become a master of it.

When Drifblim emerged before Trevenant, it was without a second of waste. At their levels, with the statistical levels, it would take two Shadow Balls to defeat Trevenant. Drifblim carried both, and moved to slam and/or throw them upon his foe, and end this in an instant.

Pluto.

Even if the balls missed, they packed enough power that the resulting explosions were likely visible, if not outright external, to all who watched.  

Spinne Biss
Crew

Klarp Glornharm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:04 am
Hidden Oil Field
Memories were a thing, to Manny, that took an instant to read through, though it could take much longer to understand them under normal circumstances.

Caboose had pulled himself up and out of danger of any Earthquakes. Francis, sadly, wouldn't be able to save both of the twins if the Earthquake hit. Not easily.

Manny felt the psych-up, and felt the difference it made. He forced himself to remember what had been done, everything in Drifblim's mind. Without the calm minds, he wouldn't have been able to understand how to use Psych Up. With them, Psych Up activated, and he felt strong.

Bridgette's memories were as clear as his own, flowing through. In that state, he could handle all of those minds and still read her memories in an instant. He realized the significance of the names, what Bridgette expected to happen...

Benedict had Francis move, and despite his better judgment, once his new revive was tucked away, he reached down and attempted to lift both of the twins, grasping for both of them, if they reached for him too it would be easy to get them. Manny clung to him, and if both twins grabbed on, he would be weighed down onto Francis properly, with the chances of slipping falling away.

Manny didn't share Bridgette's memories. It wasn't right to. He instead shared the sensation of Psych-up with Essence, and she used it as well to copy the Trevenant's power.

Benedict acknowledged he could have stopped this all in an instant if he'd kept a pokemon. Topsy-Turvy was a move that reversed every single stat bonus a pokemon had, and he had had a pokemon with it. But it was too late for regret then. Jerath would likely be better in the long run, Bridgette seemed to think she could do something. Francis moved forward, away from Gogoat, he couldn't save everyone...

And then Whirlwind would loose, pushing him up the same way it would a wild pokemon if he were targeting them. He would fly, and gain momentum. Just enough to avoid any Earthquake, though he'd end up lowering to the ground while Benedict strained to not drop the twins.

Essence wasn't entirely sure what to do with herself, even after the psych up. She started, a moment later, to focus on anything that might attack bridgette, as she realized that Manny did have a plan. Bridgette's ability took a long set-up, that was the big issue. If the Trevenant was smart, he'd target her once he realized what she was doing. This knowledge would be shared with anyone who had a pokemon who could fight and defend her and hers. And if that were the case, he'd find magical leaf striking at his attacks.

Magical leaf and a thunderbolt from Caboose, who was more than happy to stick to a plan that didn't put him directly in confrontation with the Trevenant.

Manny, meanwhile, would do something he knew he would need to train for in the future to use more perfectly. As Bridgette's pokemon approached the Trevenant to use the Shadow Balls, the link would fuzz for everyone for a split second. Everyone except Bridgette, himself, and Drifblim.

Pluto.

Mind Reader activated, and Manny would read the pokemon's movements. In his current state, he would know exactly how Trevenant would counter, how he would move, what his plan to evade the shadow balls or block them was...

And he gave that knowledge to Drifblim and Bridgette.  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games