Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:34 pm
Shikalee
liz_bliz
Not to mention that ki = chakra, they explained what chakra was in like the 3 volume when they were climbing the trees. Kakashi said that it was the perfect mixture of both chi (physical energy) and ki (mental energy) and is only called charka when the two are mixed right.

And verd is right, a close minded scientist is not a good one, nor something that is common it the field. It'd be kind like there being a non-athletic athlete, it just doesn't work well eh?

Also, if you could use ki independantly, then you could do s**t with your mind. As it is mental energy, and focusing it would like you move things and stuff.

Chi deals with the body and it's physical abilities, as well as how far you can push them. It's also shown in multiple fictionalized martial arts stories to be able to be drawn up and focused in the striking limb (fist, elbow, foot, ect) and release at the moment of contact, allowing for superstrength in your hits. Tsunade anyone? (It's mostly shown as it being Xao-lin martial arts users that can do this in stories)

Jessssh. This is like seeing an adult argue with a 5 year old and finding that their own brain would blow up from frustration before the kid would accept something someone else told them.
Chakra = Ki in Naruto. Not in reality. And no, he didn't call it ki and chi. That's idiotic. And I have no idea where the hell you got it. Ki and Chi are the SAME THING, spelled DIFFERENTLY.

A true scientist would be open to the possibility of anti matter and non matter. Which she isn't.

No. Ki exists in everything around us. Theoretically we already CAN do things with our minds, and do everyday. Just because we can't levitate objects doesn't mean it's any less real. I find it rather stupid that a "scientist" needs the most OBVIOUS sort of proof.

Ki and Chi are the exact same thing. I'd like to see you find an NON-NARUTO source that validates your claim.

The analogy is purely asinine and biased. I could just as easily make rude claims about you simply because I see things differently. But I don't. Because unlike you, I am open to the possibility that nothing said here is true. Because it's the goddamn internet. xp Not the mention the fact for you to get angry enough to have to throw out an insult not only questions your credibility but your maturity as well.

The human mind is capable of imagine, think, react and a lot of other things, do you think that those things are done because of Ki/Chi? I have to say that if we can do that, what is the obstacle that doesnt allow us to ''move'' objects? Is it because most of us dont even know what Ki/Chi is?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:43 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Oh yeah, my bad. Of course that's not relative to genetics or anything scientific like that.
Hah... I love people who have boxed minds who completely rely on science... There's no point arguing with you; it would be a complete waste of time... xd

My genetics and physical ability points to me hardly being able to stand or run. Yet I do. That is neither explained by chakra nor science nor does it make it any less true. Because I do walk everyday.
Oh god woman, science does not make you have a boxed mind. I'm seriously... like what the hell girl, that just ain't right.

Actually, the way your body works can always be explained by science. That's why we have biology and chemistry. That's just... that's just so weird. Besides bible freaks, I thought everyone knew bodies could be explained by science. eek

EDIT: Oh god, nevermind though. I don't even want to know where you got that idea. *_*
It's not science that makes you closed-minded, it's the fact that you choose not to believe something simply because it cannot be proved by science. Does that mean to have no soul? Does that make you and atheist or nihilist?

No, I'm not a bible freak. How idiotic and shallow of you. I would like you to explain to me why I can lift 5 times my own weight, weighting 80lbs. Explain this with SCIENCE. I am well aware that physics does not explain it. I major in science overall.
Yes, that means I have no soul. Souls were invented by people who felt they were something more than they were, and needed a comfort pillow to fall back on when they couldn't explain death. A "soul" is your personality and all you've done in your life. I think it's silly to assume you have a spirit type thing living inside you simply so you don't have to go away forever when you die.

I'm not an athiest per say. No, I don't believe in God in the general, physical form he/she/they generally are thought to exist as. To be quite frank, I'm a tree hugging dirt worshipper. I "believe" in the earth, and space, and stars and the outward motion of the universe to do everything it has to do to... keep doing what it's doing.

I didn't say you were a bible freak. You just told Liz_Biz he was being silly for insulting you, yet... ah well. Anyways, ants can lift up to ten times their own weight. Also, considering 80 times 5 is 400, I don't believe you. However, I do believe human beings are able to lift more than their own weight.

Considering you're in high school, I'd say you don't major in anything at all.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:37 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
liz_bliz
Not to mention that ki = chakra, they explained what chakra was in like the 3 volume when they were climbing the trees. Kakashi said that it was the perfect mixture of both chi (physical energy) and ki (mental energy) and is only called charka when the two are mixed right.

And verd is right, a close minded scientist is not a good one, nor something that is common it the field. It'd be kind like there being a non-athletic athlete, it just doesn't work well eh?

Also, if you could use ki independantly, then you could do s**t with your mind. As it is mental energy, and focusing it would like you move things and stuff.

Chi deals with the body and it's physical abilities, as well as how far you can push them. It's also shown in multiple fictionalized martial arts stories to be able to be drawn up and focused in the striking limb (fist, elbow, foot, ect) and release at the moment of contact, allowing for superstrength in your hits. Tsunade anyone? (It's mostly shown as it being Xao-lin martial arts users that can do this in stories)

Jessssh. This is like seeing an adult argue with a 5 year old and finding that their own brain would blow up from frustration before the kid would accept something someone else told them.
Chakra = Ki in Naruto. Not in reality. And no, he didn't call it ki and chi. That's idiotic. And I have no idea where the hell you got it. Ki and Chi are the SAME THING, spelled DIFFERENTLY.

A true scientist would be open to the possibility of anti matter and non matter. Which she isn't.

No. Ki exists in everything around us. Theoretically we already CAN do things with our minds, and do everyday. Just because we can't levitate objects doesn't mean it's any less real. I find it rather stupid that a "scientist" needs the most OBVIOUS sort of proof.

Ki and Chi are the exact same thing. I'd like to see you find an NON-NARUTO source that validates your claim.

The analogy is purely asinine and biased. I could just as easily make rude claims about you simply because I see things differently. But I don't. Because unlike you, I am open to the possibility that nothing said here is true. Because it's the goddamn internet. xp Not the mention the fact for you to get angry enough to have to throw out an insult not only questions your credibility but your maturity as well.

The human mind is capable of imagine, think, react and a lot of other things, do you think that those things are done because of Ki/Chi? I have to say that if we can do that, what is the obstacle that doesnt allow us to ''move'' objects? Is it because most of us dont even know what Ki/Chi is?
Ki/Chi is the force of the universe. It is what makes ANYTHING physical at all. But of course science whizzes would never believe that.

The obstacle is that we strongly believe that it is impossible.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:55 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Oh yeah, my bad. Of course that's not relative to genetics or anything scientific like that.
Hah... I love people who have boxed minds who completely rely on science... There's no point arguing with you; it would be a complete waste of time... xd

My genetics and physical ability points to me hardly being able to stand or run. Yet I do. That is neither explained by chakra nor science nor does it make it any less true. Because I do walk everyday.
Oh god woman, science does not make you have a boxed mind. I'm seriously... like what the hell girl, that just ain't right.

Actually, the way your body works can always be explained by science. That's why we have biology and chemistry. That's just... that's just so weird. Besides bible freaks, I thought everyone knew bodies could be explained by science. eek

EDIT: Oh god, nevermind though. I don't even want to know where you got that idea. *_*
It's not science that makes you closed-minded, it's the fact that you choose not to believe something simply because it cannot be proved by science. Does that mean to have no soul? Does that make you and atheist or nihilist?

No, I'm not a bible freak. How idiotic and shallow of you. I would like you to explain to me why I can lift 5 times my own weight, weighting 80lbs. Explain this with SCIENCE. I am well aware that physics does not explain it. I major in science overall.
Yes, that means I have no soul. Souls were invented by people who felt they were something more than they were, and needed a comfort pillow to fall back on when they couldn't explain death. A "soul" is your personality and all you've done in your life. I think it's silly to assume you have a spirit type thing living inside you simply so you don't have to go away forever when you die.

I'm not an athiest per say. No, I don't believe in God in the general, physical form he/she/they generally are thought to exist as. To be quite frank, I'm a tree hugging dirt worshipper. I "believe" in the earth, and space, and stars and the outward motion of the universe to do everything it has to do to... keep doing what it's doing.

I didn't say you were a bible freak. You just told Liz_Biz he was being silly for insulting you, yet... ah well. Anyways, ants can lift up to ten times their own weight. Also, considering 80 times 5 is 400, I don't believe you. However, I do believe human beings are able to lift more than their own weight.

Considering you're in high school, I'd say you don't major in anything at all.
Well then this arguement is pointless. Your beliefs VS mine VS other people's is going to get nowhere. Billions of people believe contrary to you; that there is a soul. No, that doesn't make it right. But science VS intuition has no bearing; anyone who strongly believes in knowledge VS truth VS validity understands that the TRUTH is more than just what we can see, touch, feel, hear, smell, taste, and talk about. I think it's silly to think that we go away forever when we die. Energy is conserved; our life goes somewhere. It just doesn't take the form of a body. THIS is proved by science.

Well, don't stereotype me as a regular typical bible lover. confused I don't believe in God, period. There need not be a God for anything else to exist. I think it's also ridiculous, though, to believe that the universe just exists and isn't being sustained by some sort of force (what I like to call the force of the universe). We call this Ki on earth. But this is why they are beliefs and not truths.

Ants can lift 10 times their own weight because they are designed to do so. Are you saying I'm an ant? I'd take that as a complement but unfortunately it is not true. I think it's stupid for you to compare the human body to that of a bug. An ant our size would be a super creature. It's like me saying I can life 800 times my own weight, and you saying, "Well Kabutomushi can lift 100 times their own weight." What. Is it:

Ants can lift 10 times their own weight.
Shikalee has lifted 10 times he own weight (with her legs).
Therefore, Shikalee is an ant.

neutral

Not when you're taking college classes, and "majoring" means "excelling" in. It doesn't have to mean, "I am getting a degree in this." Though I'd like to, I just plain don't have the money to. I know that's what the word means, so I apologize for using it, I suppose. I meant excel.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:27 am
The ant thing was just an example. I wasn't saying you're an ant, I'm saying it's bullshit you can lift 400/800 pounds.

When we die, the energy we used when we were alive goes into the soil, and whatever eats us. Besides, when you'reold and dying and yourheart stops, that generally means you don't have any energy left. Everything stops working. You don't need energy, so you don't get energy. We get energy from the sun, and the things we eat and drink. If you're not eating and drinking, that is to say dead, you don't have any energy.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:39 am
damnit, one typo threw you off. I ment that ki doesn't equal chakra in naruto, but me in my sleep deprived haze hit the equal sign and forgot it didn't have a slash through it.

In some other stories they have explained chi as physical energy and ki as mental, explaining that all people have the ability to use chi and to project it by exerting form from their body once trained on how to use it. But they say that ki, is not usuable by everyone and it has nothing to do with training, just a natural ability.

Also, we are talking about naturo here, I was covering it ok?

It's real life it's also know as Qi, and by the way, chi and ki aren't just different spellings, they're the same word in entirely different languages. What your talking about, the idea of a unseen energy is similar to the christian concept of the soul, so it's not like the idea is super unique.

And if anything destroys credibility it wild claims like

Shikalee
I would like you to explain to me why I can lift 5 times my own weight, weighting 80lbs

The next time I see a 80 lb person lift 400 pounds, I'll get back to you on that. Until then, it's obvious your just making that s**t up. The human record for benchpress is 965lbs, and that was done by a man with 380 lbs of nearly pure muscle, and not without some difficulty. Not correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure you find some completely bs reason why I and everyone else is and you aren't) but that's under 3 times his weight by 175 lbs. Yet you claim to be able to lift 5 times you body weight, ie: 400lbs, close to half the human record.

Also, if a ant was as big as human, it wouldn't be a super being, it would be a dead bug, as it's body is not built to support it as that size, it would die under its own weight.  

liz_bliz_inc

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 am
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
liz_bliz

Ki/Chi is the force of the universe. It is what makes ANYTHING physical at all. But of course science whizzes would never believe that.

we were raised to believe that...
Science says that everything is formed by particles, those particles are called ''Atom''.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:37 pm
liz_bliz
damnit, one typo threw you off. I ment that ki doesn't equal chakra in naruto, but me in my sleep deprived haze hit the equal sign and forgot it didn't have a slash through it.

In some other stories they have explained chi as physical energy and ki as mental, explaining that all people have the ability to use chi and to project it by exerting form from their body once trained on how to use it. But they say that ki, is not usuable by everyone and it has nothing to do with training, just a natural ability.

Also, we are talking about naturo here, I was covering it ok?

It's real life it's also know as Qi, and by the way, chi and ki aren't just different spellings, they're the same word in entirely different languages. What your talking about, the idea of a unseen energy is similar to the christian concept of the soul, so it's not like the idea is super unique.

And if anything destroys credibility it wild claims like

Shikalee
I would like you to explain to me why I can lift 5 times my own weight, weighting 80lbs

The next time I see a 80 lb person lift 400 pounds, I'll get back to you on that. Until then, it's obvious your just making that s**t up. The human record for benchpress is 965lbs, and that was done by a man with 380 lbs of nearly pure muscle, and not without some difficulty. Not correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure you find some completely bs reason why I and everyone else is and you aren't) but that's under 3 times his weight by 175 lbs. Yet you claim to be able to lift 5 times you body weight, ie: 400lbs, close to half the human record.

Also, if a ant was as big as human, it wouldn't be a super being, it would be a dead bug, as it's body is not built to support it as that size, it would die under its own weight.
Sorry. Yeah, then I agree with you. But in Naruto, Ki is completely ignored. If it isn't, PLEASE show me. I'm not trying to argue, it's just if I missed it I really need someone to tell me where it is. It's sort of important to understanding the mechanics of the bit. As far as I can tell, it's ignored.

Chi and Ki are the same word. One is Chinese and one is Japanese. They are very little different, but mostly the same. They also share the same basic concept. Most people who USE Ki/Chi consider it the same thing. Reading about it and using it, in my opinion, are two entirely different worlds. And yes, it is also called Qi. There's probably 5 different ways to spell it... >_>; And you don't have to tell me they're the same word in different languages, seeing as I already know that. And no, Ki is not the soul, and it is an unseen energy. Ki is the life force, correction, just plain force, of the universe, easily comparable to "The Force" in Star Wars.

I can show you. However, this will actually require some planning. My gym does not allow cameras inside of the premises. So until I can find a gym which will allow me to record the incident, there is really nothing I can prove. Even then you'd probably say it was a doctored video. Point is, I know I've done it, and all the people who saw it know I've done it. I don't think it's something to argue about especially since it takes: 1. Hours of meditation beforehand and 2. I'm not a show off. So if you don't believe me I see no point in arguing the point. However, to clarify, this was leg pressed. What I lifted was only 2 1/2 times more than normal. A human can lift at least their own weight with one leg. With both, twice as much their weight. People who exercise on a regular basis can probably lift more. Because I don't exercise, and I have football knees, no one has yet come up with an explanation for what I could do. Two people suggested leverage and if that was the case I would actually be pleased because I enjoy explanations rather than guesses. So in this case, I would prefer to be wrong.

For a more heard of example, for those who don't believe in Ki, how can a man bite through a solid rock? Walk on coal and not bleed? Break a brick with his bear hands? Explain that, if there is no such thing as Ki. Because none of that can be explained with science. ((Edit: I take it back; the coal CAN be explained. As can walking on glass. The other two, not so much.))

No, the ant would not die under it's own weight. Though you are correct it would die, that is not the reason. Anything built to scale will function the same. If you knew two-shits about physics, you'd know that an unstable structure 1 inch high VS the same exact structure 5 feet high would crash the exact same way. The force of gravity is exactly the same on them proportionally. Now, the REAL reason the ant would die is the way it breaths. Ants breath through their sides. In a way almost similar to gills, insects breath in the small particles. For a full sized bug, the air would not be the same scale as designed for it's body, and it would suffocate.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:38 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
liz_bliz

Science says that everything is formed by particles, those particles are called ''Atom''.
Cool new signature.

Exactly. People believe everything they hear. They've never SEEN a particle. So... they're just guessing.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:51 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
liz_bliz

Cool new signature.

Exactly. People believe everything they hear. They've never SEEN a particle. So... they're just guessing.

Thanks, Crab made it =D.

I'm being raised to believe that...but to be honest, I've never seen or ''felt'' an atom, so I'm gonna remain neutral about the fact the existence of those .  

Pekora

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:53 pm
Quote:
For a more heard of example, for those who don't believe in Ki, how can a man bite through a solid rock? Walk on coal and not bleed? Break a brick with his bear hands? Explain that, if there is no such thing as Ki. Because none of that can be explained with science. ((Edit: I take it back; the coal CAN be explained. As can walking on glass. The other two, not so much.))

Man bites through solid rock: Teeth hard, rock soft.
Man breaks brick with hand: People have strength in their hands, if you hit a brick at the center, the pressure and force brought down on the brick causes it to break. Do you know why they use bricks? Besides their handy shape, bricks are made with alot of air pockets in them. Not big ones, but they're still there. If a strong force is brought down on a brick, it will break. Air pockets make it harder for the structure to stay together.

No one believes you about lifting 400 pounds, give it up.

Believing in particles doesn't mean you believe everything you hear. No one has seen them, but we've seen amoebas, and bacteria, and cells. What makes up a cell? Chi? No, that's ridiculous. Besides, you've never SEEN chi, so you're just guessing biggrin .  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:47 pm
Captain Verd
Quote:

Man breaks brick with hand: People have strength in their hands, if you hit a brick at the center, the pressure and force brought down on the brick causes it to break. Do you know why they use bricks? Besides their handy shape, bricks are made with alot of air pockets in them. Not big ones, but they're still there. If a strong force is brought down on a brick, it will break. Air pockets make it harder for the structure to stay together.

Believing in particles doesn't mean you believe everything you hear. No one has seen them, but we've seen amoebas, and bacteria, and cells. What makes up a cell? Chi? No, that's ridiculous. Besides, you've never SEEN chi, so you're just guessing biggrin .
His teeth were NORMAL. And the rock was not granite or anything... it was more along the lines of sleet. If you want to be a book nazi, look it up. It's in both the World Records and Ripley's Believe It Or Not books.
The brick is CLEARLY stronger than the bone. CLEARLY. And it's not the brick you're thinking of. This b***h was solid adobe brick. Handmade in china. biggrin

Well, ******** your s**t. xd

You believe things you don't see though. biggrin And there is a way to see particles. BUT YOU YOURSELF; YOU have not seen them. And you take people's world for it. And no, asshat, Chi isn't physical. How many times do I have to say it? Or can you just not comprehend something nonphysical?

I have felt chi. surprised There are 4 other senses, you know.  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:55 pm
hey, you two, come on now, this is supposed to be SERIOUS conversation, not immature conversation D=
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:59 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
hey, you two, come on now, this is supposed to be SERIOUS conversation, not immature conversation D=
I could tell her ten thousand times to shut the ******** up and leave me alone and she never would. She digs up s**t from the past to make a debate into a heated arguement. It's ridiculous.  

Syndactyly

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:59 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Quote:

His teeth were NORMAL. And the rock was not granite or anything... it was more along the lines of sleet. If you want to be a book nazi, look it up. It's in both the World Records and Ripley's Believe It Or Not books.
The brick is CLEARLY stronger than the bone. CLEARLY. And it's not the brick you're thinking of. This b***h was solid adobe brick. Handmade in china. biggrin

Well, ******** your s**t. xd

You believe things you don't see though. biggrin And there is a way to see particles. BUT YOU YOURSELF; YOU have not seen them. And you take people's world for it. And no, asshat, Chi isn't physical. How many times do I have to say it? Or can you just not comprehend something nonphysical?

I have felt chi. surprised There are 4 other senses, you know.
I know the rock was soft, that's why I said.

Brick is stronger than bone, but brick doesn't push back. A weaker substance, propelled with enough force, can break a stronger substance.

The existence of particles has been proven, though. No one can see them, but that's how everything works. Protons, neutrons, electrons; they all spin around and form bond with one another to form chemicals that we see every day. You can't say they don't exist, because if you do, you're saying water isn't two hydrogens bonded with one oxygen, which is common knowledge.

You've never seen chi either. You claim to have "felt" it, but you're still not seeing it. People "feel" alot of things. If someone holds a finger a few inches away from my forehead, I get a sharp pain right between my eyes. That's not because my chi is reacting to anything, that means my natural, chemical instincts are telling me there's something nearby.

In the future, I'd refrain from calling Liz_Biz on his insults if you're going to be slinging them around too. Were you the one who was talking about hypocrisy after all?  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games