Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:05 pm
Garek Maxwell
Zuri-kai
Here's a good sallie, I'm now a college graduate. Woot woot! I just have to wait for the school to mail me my diploma (I opted out of the ceremony). Now for the hard part, finding the job I want. sad

Same here! Except it's at the mid to end of March. sad
I'm really nervous because there's not a lot of jobs out there, and even fewer for designers... At least in my area.

I hear ya. Michigan isn't exactly bursting with jobs. XP  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:21 am
Zuri-kai
Here's a good sallie, I'm now a college graduate. Woot woot! I just have to wait for the school to mail me my diploma (I opted out of the ceremony). Now for the hard part, finding the job I want. sad

Oh, I totally wrote an article on finding jobs after college. Have you taken advantage of your school's resources, especially the career center? Cal State Northridge has a career center that will help you find your strengths, a good major fit, internships, pathways to careers, info, job opportunities, and resume and interview workshops. Don't forget to use those resources your student fees paid for--and to a large extent they're still available to alumni as well.  

Zella L.

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:04 pm
Zella L.
Zuri-kai

Oh, I totally wrote an article on finding jobs after college. Have you taken advantage of your school's resources, especially the career center? Cal State Northridge has a career center that will help you find your strengths, a good major fit, internships, pathways to careers, info, job opportunities, and resume and interview workshops. Don't forget to use those resources your student fees paid for--and to a large extent they're still available to alumni as well.

Yeah. ITT is really good with Career Services. They say it's a life-time benefit. The problem I have is that there isn't a whole lot in the art field outside of advertising (which I'd really rather not do). I'm sure I'll find something though...eventually. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:37 pm
This is entirely my fault for not paying attention to the calendar but a furry con's in a month and I need a tail. But the best artist have a commission waitlist through the summer....  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:34 pm
Psycho Lee
This is entirely my fault for not paying attention to the calendar but a furry con's in a month and I need a tail. But the best artist have a commission waitlist through the summer....

What kind of tail? I've taken up doing crochet yarn tails and may be able to help you out (mind you I'm still new at it).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 pm
Oh just a regular thin cat tail.  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:42 pm
Well.

First off... I really don't like the title of this place. It's too.... something. :/

Second, and worthy of my rage...

I'm in a web design class, and we got our latest assignment, and I want to punch my teacher.

We're supposed to be in groups of 2 and with odd number of students, I was the partner-less one. So, the teacher told me to find another group to get into.
Problem is, each group has to put out a certain amount of work, and make a certain number of items based on the site assigned by the teacher, per person. With a third person they'd have to do extra work. Every group that said they'd take me said they couldn't find enough work for a third person.

So I'm groupless and the teacher said I was out of luck and needed to get my s**t together. Not only do I think his swearing proves he was aggravated for some reason, it's unprofessional, And he's not acting like a good teacher. Do I just fail the assignment before it's even due because I don't have a group? I'm just s**t out of ******** that s**t. No teacher should treat his student like this, allowing him to fail. I want his job. I want his head on a platter. I want to destroy him.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:52 pm
Can't he meet you halfway and assign you less than what the groups are doing? Seems pretty incompetent...

Alternatively, just ask a group if you can do the same thing as one person is doing and end up with duplicate web pages with different names on each.  

Garek Maxwell

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 pm
Wow, that does sound unprofessional. If you really want to hurt him you could probably take that act to his superiors. As for the web design bit, I always found it easier to do on your own anyway. That way there's no miscommunication and you have final say in everything. What kind of a website do you need to build?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 pm
sounds like one dumb-a** of a teacher. If I could, I've have told you to do the same amount of work as a group would, as in, you only have to do as much work as one person would have to if you had a group. However, as you, you should do ALL the work by yourself, just to show how much of a bad-a** you are, and show the teacher you can kick a** AND take names whenever you need to, though it usually isn't necessary.  

Quiet Marionette

Hardcore Nymph

14,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hygienic 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:58 pm
So, some bad news and some good news.

My maternal grandmother finally passed away, three years after several debilitating strokes, on the 9th. I'm sad she's gone (I've always been really close to all my grandparents), but I did get to see her the weekend before she died; her last words to me were "Hi, Sweetheart", which she's called me my entire life. That made me feel really good. ♥

Okay, the good news was that my husband & I went on our honeymoon to St. Kitts last week (left the 12th, came back the 19th) and it was beyond awesome. We went snorkeling, horseback riding, zip-lining, did a bit of shopping, and lots of eating amazing food and playing on the beach (the water was so warm and clear! I could see fish swimming around my legs! ♥).

Everyone on the island was so friendly and welcoming, too-- and everyone kept calling my husband Jesus! He's Jewish and has long hair & a big beard, so we thought it was hilarious. X3

We also hung out with a stray cat that apparently lived at one of the outdoor bar/grilles; a mackerel tabby missing the top of his left ear, who knew just the right Cute buttons to push to get our shrimp. We called him "Outside Cat" and "Little Buddy". X3

All in all, many good times were had, and we've decided we'll try to go back every other year. ♥

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:04 pm
@Sunegami: I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I can't imagine losing mine. That's awesome about your honeymoon. I'm looking forward to a time when I can finally take mine. It sounds like a lot of fun, yours did, though. :3  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Zella L.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:46 pm
Zuri-- I dunno, you can't see yourself finding the beauty in ads? Oh, what about entertainment like film and video games? Oh or making infographics for news sites?
Sunegami--That really is too bad...but I'm glad it ended well, with no hard feelings or anything. <3

Annnnd: So there's this contest I'm trying to enter, and a win would be a dream come true. Prize is a summer position as a side show performer in New York City, and I love hooping and the side show (as I've read about it anyway), and I'm starry-eyed for the Big Apple.
Problem is, before I try out in real life I have to be voted into the top 5 (I'm at 6) via a Facebook contest.
I love facebook and its potential for publicity, but JEEZ, this voting stuff is a bunch of bull. It's not about who promotes it the most at all, and certainly not about who's most talented. It may, in part be about who has the most friends who would vote for them. But guess what, only 4 of my friends out of HUNDREDS would bother to press the little "vote" button. (Even though plenty of them commented on and liked the video...wtf...?) I mean, will -you- show furry support and click?

So, should I go with the flow and just start amassing mules? Or...I dunno, accept defeat?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 am
Zella L.
Zuri-- I dunno, you can't see yourself finding the beauty in ads? Oh, what about entertainment like film and video games? Oh or making infographics for news sites?
Sunegami--That really is too bad...but I'm glad it ended well, with no hard feelings or anything. <3

Annnnd: So there's this contest I'm trying to enter, and a win would be a dream come true. Prize is a summer position as a side show performer in New York City, and I love hooping and the side show (as I've read about it anyway), and I'm starry-eyed for the Big Apple.
Problem is, before I try out in real life I have to be voted into the top 5 (I'm at 6) via a Facebook contest.
I love facebook and its potential for publicity, but JEEZ, this voting stuff is a bunch of bull. It's not about who promotes it the most at all, and certainly not about who's most talented. It may, in part be about who has the most friends who would vote for them. But guess what, only 4 of my friends out of HUNDREDS would bother to press the little "vote" button. (Even though plenty of them commented on and liked the video...wtf...?) I mean, will -you- show furry support and click?

So, should I go with the flow and just start amassing mules? Or...I dunno, accept defeat?

unfortunately facebook doesn't allow mules, unless you have more than one phone number. I found this out, after trying to access mine i have had since december yesterday and they wanted a phone number to confirm that it isn't a bot account.  

Aiden Swiftcat

Shirtless Werewolf

9,950 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games