Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:58 pm
A couple of things to feedback smile

1. I'm not sure if Sir Death is an actual NPC, but that seems great, if he could appear a bit more, since, ICLY that would be logical enough for a lot of horsemen to be interested in his view of the things, since he's the only remaining Clan Leader. Is he on the same side as Medea? Or does the Head Priestess act independently right now, under his name? (OOC questions)

2. Basically wondering, is there any plan to create an alternative to Medea? The current way the things are leaves horsemen almost no other choice, than supporting Head priestess and following her orders, though some may not be happy with her as a leader, especially since the last event starts to reveal she's more like playing her own game with the horsemen and the students as her pawns. Just thought, it might be a nice conflict smile )

2. Is the current Colosseum Lair the only one in plans, or is there a possibility horsemen can be allowed to organize their own Lairs in future? (Eisheth thought about it during a brief raid in a Human's world at Defenders ending part).

Thank you very much, hope there's nothing disastrous here biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 pm
Marushii
But what if there are two people defending? Let's say Sue and Bob are defending Jim against a vicious Halloween creature. Sue rolls 1, Bob rolls 2. Jim is attacked for 5 damage. Who gets the charge? Each character was hit, therefore they all gain a charge.

On that scenario, let's say Sue rolled a 6, Bob rolled 3. Jim is attacked again for 4 damage. Who gets the charge? Only Sue was attacked, and as she successfully blocked she gains the charge. Since she took all of the damage and negated it, neither Bob nor Jim gain a charge as their weapons did not contact the Halloween creature.

Given the wording of this... it sounds like if Jim wasn't defending (didn't have a defense roll), he would have gotten a charge out of having someone defending for him if he had taken damage?  

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:09 pm
Can demons make contracts with humans?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:18 pm
santime
A couple of things to feedback smile

1. I'm not sure if Sir Death is an actual NPC, but that seems great, if he could appear a bit more, since, ICLY that would be logical enough for a lot of horsemen to be interested in his view of the things, since he's the only remaining Clan Leader. Is he on the same side as Medea? Or does the Head Priestess act independently right now, under his name? (OOC questions)

2. Basically wondering, is there any plan to create an alternative to Medea? The current way the things are leaves horsemen almost no other choice, than supporting Head priestess and following her orders, though some may not be happy with her as a leader, especially since the last event starts to reveal she's more like playing her own game with the horsemen and the students as her pawns. Just thought, it might be a nice conflict smile )

2. Is the current Colosseum Lair the only one in plans, or is there a possibility horsemen can be allowed to organize their own Lairs in future? (Eisheth thought about it during a brief raid in a Human's world at Defenders ending part).

Thank you very much, hope there's nothing disastrous here biggrin

Death is an ancient, so at this moment, he is out of the game.

:> The horsemen have all the reasons to follow Medea, because she is indeed extracting revenge on the Hunters as promised, especially considering what the Hunters did to the horsemen lands( aka: blowing up their lands). Somehow, I don't think mass genocide of your people is so lightly forgiven. However, for Horsemen who dissent, they can always seek solace in Amityville aka: you don't NEED to participate in every thing, but it is VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Lemme quickly fetch you horsemen background:
- Due to their culture, horsemen are a very GROUP DEPENDENT faction, that means they RELY ON EACH OTHER in order to grow stronger. Horsemen have lived CENTURIES slaughtering Humans and terrorizing Hunters. This doesn't even scrape the edge of what they are doing. What they are currently doing from torture to revenge is PERFECTLY NORMAL. Being friendly and cute and interacting with Halloween is actually something of a cultural taboo as horsemen are a higher species (consider themselves a higher species)
-TO REPEAT: HORSEMEN + TORTURING + REVENGE + HATRED IS ENTIRELY NORMAL THAT IS WHO THEY ARE. You're asking an orange not to be an orange here.

Horsemen cannot make their own Lairs (AS HORSEMEN NEED TO CULTIVATE FEAR DIRECTLY FROM HUMANS/HUNTERS IN ORDER TO SURVIVE OR THEY WILL DIE) but they can create their own territories see: information about horsemen in the guild!  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:19 pm
ramenli
Hi there! I've been looking at distortion, and I have a balancing question.

If someone had multi threads going on at once that could affect Fear levels, how to do they stack?

For example, Soren has 4 Fear points. He goes to do a lair task.

After I start that I start a hunter battle in HH that is time wise set after the lair task. I start this when Soren is at 4 Fear points.

I finish my lair task. Soren was ridiculous and got 5 Fear points, this would put him at 9 total. In my battle do I jump him to 9 at that moment (Since time line wise he would have 9 total) and switch effects, or do I leave him at 4, finish out my battle, and then add 5 to my remaining total?

Leave him at 4, and add only when you have completed @_@ Definitely do not stack halfway in another thread!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:20 pm
MoonKitsune
You mean those initiated are sworn to secrecy about the location, not the members who just got the mark only, correct? ((I like to dot my i's a lot here.))

Yes but those who got the mark but not initiated seriously do not remember anything (OR SHOULD NOT KNOW ANYTHING) about the Lair. They can talk about what is underneath Amityville just fine.  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

santime

Vicious Aggressor

8,925 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • 20 Wins 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:26 pm
Zoobey

eeeeh, derp, I understand all of that, really smile and I was actually asking completely opposite: if horsemen want to take further actions / are not sure if Medea is doing everything for the sake of revenge, or if she has other plans. For example, ICLy Eisheth's main goal / reason is Apocalypse, she'll do anything to get stronger, and achieve it, though she was disappointed with the siege, as horsemen encountered the power they didn't expect, etc. Anyway, my question is pretty much answered by the latest event in Collosseum, so thank you, anyway smile  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:11 pm
Blade Kuroda
Marushii
But what if there are two people defending? Let's say Sue and Bob are defending Jim against a vicious Halloween creature. Sue rolls 1, Bob rolls 2. Jim is attacked for 5 damage. Who gets the charge? Each character was hit, therefore they all gain a charge.

On that scenario, let's say Sue rolled a 6, Bob rolled 3. Jim is attacked again for 4 damage. Who gets the charge? Only Sue was attacked, and as she successfully blocked she gains the charge. Since she took all of the damage and negated it, neither Bob nor Jim gain a charge as their weapons did not contact the Halloween creature.

Given the wording of this... it sounds like if Jim wasn't defending (didn't have a defense roll), he would have gotten a charge out of having someone defending for him if he had taken damage?

Oop! First scenario, only Sue and Bob get a charge. Jim would only get a charge if he was attacked. Updated and fixed!  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:30 pm
MoonKitsune
Can demons make contracts with humans?

Yes! Thought the contracts are a bit different and to different purpose ~ as they don't have the same binding or compulsions involved in a true TiHer contract.

Demon contracts change with the times and adapt to modern fears ~

Long ago demons used to make contracts with humans, claiming their "soul" as a price. In practice, the demon wouldn't actually be able to gain the true human soul, but would instead receive the FEAR that human generates from fearing the loss of their soul.

While this is still a practice, more modern demons prefer to pose as humans, and make more mundane contracts, where instead of fearing for their soul, the human fears for their job, their house, their financial stability. Some rougher demons will also pose as human mafia-esque organizations, though these are more often very elaborate cons to scare large, local groups of humans, than actual crime organizations.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:09 am
I might just be whining here, so I apologize if it comes off like that, but I really don't like this inner/outer circle difference in power for the horsemen. Frankly, I never planned on making Fai anything other than an alchemist for one, and secondly, even though many of us won our characters in the same raffle, we get different stats because the artists (or possibly GM) decided "oh, this is a _______"

I dunno. It's just a thought. But considering everything that's going on for me atm, Fai is taking last priority anyway, so I guess I really shouldn't be the one saying this.  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:47 am
Eh ~ the inner/outer thing was just worded in a confusing way (much like trainee/advanced trainee/hunter was) ~ its all been reworded to clarify  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 am
Sorry to bug you Zoo with stupid questions, but I think I messed up with the current mission as to trying to exit and save someone too, as I wasn't on earlier when people were defending, so I just assumed that they were all in zone one to start but then from the player who's character I was trying to save said that I might have done it wrong since I rolled for the next zone while my character in rp picked up the other character that was in zone one and I rolled a three for next zone and I was going to fix it but I confused two other people that are horsemen players and I'm now like really confused on what to do. Should I just roll with what I have already done, assume that my character was never defending but stayed back in the prison area? Please help.

Zoobey

naggeela

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:11 pm
naggeela
Sorry to bug you Zoo with stupid questions, but I think I messed up with the current mission as to trying to exit and save someone too, as I wasn't on earlier when people were defending, so I just assumed that they were all in zone one to start but then from the player who's character I was trying to save said that I might have done it wrong since I rolled for the next zone while my character in rp picked up the other character that was in zone one and I rolled a three for next zone and I was going to fix it but I confused two other people that are horsemen players and I'm now like really confused on what to do. Should I just roll with what I have already done, assume that my character was never defending but stayed back in the prison area? Please help.

Zoobey

You can just assume your character exited at this point that's fine!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 am
For the points distribution of the Siege, do those rallied by Alex count as 'found and explored the locker rooms in the school office' or 'rallied by Medea'?  

Ephebe

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:43 pm
Sup, yo! Got a quick question about the Two Year Ani giveaways~

For the Hunter, it mentions if we participated in the event where Hunters were introduced/ initiated. I did participate in that event and would love to turn that character into a Hunter, the only problem was I gave her a name I no longer wish to stick with.
It was taken from a Poe poem, so even if its kind of normal its still got that essentially 'Halloween' connotation. Plus its another name with 'Bell' in it. And I don't like the word that much. neutral

BASICALLY. Can I quest for that character but just change her name? XD  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games