Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:17 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

King Beardly
They're selling postcards of the hanging,
When they're painting the passports brown,
Yeah, the beauty parlor's filled with sailors,
The circus is in town,

User Image

User Image

First year ║ Unsorted ║ Muggleborn

After the trip up to the castle, which was very exciting, they finally made it to the big moment. The house he'd be in for the next seven years of his life! He honestly didn't really care which, as long as the people were nice and friendly. It seemed that a lot of kids were cheering for each house, though why that was, he wasn't sure. He also wasn't sure how he'd be sorted using his personality--which he honestly didn't pay much attention to--but he'd find out.

OOC: (Personality in spoiler)

Levi's personality
I think of myself as quiet and kind, but also serious in appropriate moments. I enjoy creating things quite a bit, and preserving them in their full beauty for as long as possible. It can be difficult to get to know me because of how quiet and reserved I can be, but again I'm gentle, kind and sensitive to those who do take the time to get to know me. I don't do well in forming ideas beforehand, and tend to just live in the moment, taking action before thinking about it. I do best in a hands-on environment, and become quickly bored with things that require abstract thinking.

And the riot squad, they're restless,
They need somewhere to go,
As Lady and I look out tonight,
From Desolation Row.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A creative man!
Though, you tend to live in the moment,
Perhaps you can get more hands-on here...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:47 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Lady Leannansidhe
User Image

✿ Isobel Cavanaugh ✿
                                            Muggleborn ✿ First Year ✿ Unsorted

'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'

There were chills running up and down the young girl's spine when her name was called. She did not even hear it properly at first, having been so preoccupied with everything around her. The Great Hall was a sight to behold, perhaps even more so than the view of the castle from the lake had been. This could be in part because she had not truly enjoyed being in such a small craft when she had first caught sight of the massive castle, but the fact remained that she was not entirely sure that the Great Hall was not more impressive. A castle was all well and good, but it wasn't as though she had never seen one before, though perhaps none so grand as Hogwarts was, and while it was certainly impressive, the Great Hall was almost certainly more so. Her gaze was turned upwards towards the ceiling, taking in the sight, which was quite unlike anything she had ever seen, or even imagined, in all her life. The image of the rafters could be seen, yes, but it seemed as though it were an illusion, and that there was really no ceiling at all, no roof over the whole of the room. Instead, the night sky was above, stars and the moon luminous behind the light gathering of clouds, bright and welcoming. She had never seen anything so very incredible. It was quite beautiful, and an excellent first impression of the school. As such, she was very distracted, and did not notice her name being called for a long moment. When she finally heard it, the young girl approached the stool and the professor, wondering if perhaps she should have paid more attention to what was going on and less to the incredible ceiling. She sat on the stool, curious when the hat was lowered over her head, and was quite amazed when it spoke to her! Isobel jumped at the first sound of his voice whispering in her ear. 'This is quite remarkable!' she thought to herself. 'Though, I do wonder what precisely is the point of it? I understand this is how we are sorted, but what exactly do you do, Hat?' This was yet another thing she had not been prepared for. She hoped that her lack of preparation would not prove to be detrimental to her sorting. Nervously, she stared out at the rest of the hall, the students already seated at the four tables. 'I suppose it is one table for each house? There are four of them, and four houses. How will I know where to sit, though?' She almost certainly should have paid much closer attention to what was going on, rather than being captivated by the magical ceiling. She was quite lost now, but supposed that someone would help her along. Perhaps she would even be sorted into the same house as one of the friends she had made, that would be quite wonderful. She would know someone at the table, and could sit with them. It was a comforting thought. Her heart pounded in her chest, irregular and almost worrisome, but that she knew the cause was her nervous enthusiasm.

'*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*' '*·~-.¸¸,.-~*'

Out Of Character :: I realized after hitting submit that I had forgotten to include her personality, my deepest apologies.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm odd; though, I believe this is not so much a description of my personality as it is referring to the odd things that happen around me. I recall being considered quite normal when I was very young. It wasn’t until the strange things started happening that people began saying I was odd. Still, I never had trouble making friends. I did find that at times I did not want to be around them, though. Introverted, my mother said. Which some people think means I am shy, but that’s not really the case. I do not have trouble interacting with people, I just find that I also value my time to myself. I am also naturally curious; I tend to get into things I should not rather often. It can be quite frustrating for my parents. They constantly worry about me getting my younger siblings into trouble, but I would much rather they stay out of it, to be honest. I always get into more trouble when they are involved, and it can be quite annoying. Oh, I love them, of course, but I’d much rather spend time with children my own age, and who are not likely to accidentally, say, get themselves stuck in a tree, or locked in a trunk in the attic.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Interesting how you happen to be introverted,
However, I can see that you value friendship as well,
This house shall do quite nicely for you...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:54 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Red Hot Missy
User Image
                                                                What the hell is wrong with me?
                                                                My mom and dad weren't perfect,
                                                                But still you don't hear no crying a** bitching from me,
                                                                Like there seems to be on everybody's CD

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? Sorting Hat
                                                                Who am I with? Myself
                                                                What am I doing? Being Sorted
                                                                What am I thinking? Okay, this had better get me right...
                                                                What am I wearing? First Year Uniform

Carver had gone through the entire train ride feeling odd. Mostly because he was nervous. New place, new people, and a feeling like he wouldn't belong. Granted, he could just walk right out and not give a flying ********, but that probably would get him in trouble. Sighing, he looked at the hat and thought to himself, 'This thing had better put me somewhere I actually fit.'

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a rebel. I want to do what I want, when I want. I also don't like listening to authority figures too much. That being said, I'm smart enough to know when to back off and follow directions. Self preservation. I also don't mind doing what I need to, when I need to. Some people might think I'm selfish, but they've never been where I've been. I generally don't care what others think of me, since they can all stuff it.

OOC:

All those Saturday
                                                                When kids go out and play
                                                                Yo I was up in my room
                                                                I let the stereo blaze

You're quite the rebellious one, aren't you?
And care more about your well-being than others,
Interesting...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:03 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Jade Galaksylph
User Image

ǀη тнє мσяηιηg Ɩιgнт Ɩєт му яσσтѕ тαкє fƖιgнт
                                                          Ɯαтcн мє fαƖƖ αвσνє Ɩιкє α νιcισυѕ ɗσνє
                                                          Ƭнєу ɗση'т ѕєє мє cσмє, ωнσ cαη вƖαмє тнєм?
                                                          Ƭнєу ηєνєя ѕєєм тσ cαтcн му єує вυт ǀ ηєνєя ωσηɗєяєɗ ωну

♬ ♪ ♬ ♪ ♬ ǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρ ǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρ ǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρ ǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρ ǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρ ǀ ωση'т fαƖƖ αѕƖєєρ ♬ ♪ ♬ ♪ ♬
                                                          ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          xxxI αм...xxx
                                                          xxxωнσ - ωнαт - ωнєяєxxx
                                                          With - - - doing - - - at - - -
                                                          xxxfєєƖιηgxxx
                                                          - - -
                                                          xxxтнιηкιηgxxx
                                                          - - -

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
                                                          ♬ ♪ ♬ ♪ ♬ Hєу уєαн, ɗση'т Ɩєт 'єм кησω ωє'яє cσмιηg Hєу уєαн, тιρтσє нιgнєя Ƭαкє ѕσмє тιмє тσ ѕιммєя ɗσωη, кєєρ уσυя нєαɗ ɗσωη Ɩσω Hєу уєαн, тιρтσє нιgнєя ♬ ♪ ♬ ♪ ♬

Ƒяσм уσυя ѕƖαηтєɗ νιєω ѕєє тнє мσяηιηg ɗєω
                                                          Sιηк ιηтσ тнє ѕσιƖ, ωαтcн тнє ωαтєя вσιƖ
                                                          Ƭнєу ωση'т ѕєє мє яυη, ωнσ cαη вƖαмє тнєм?
                                                          Ƭнєу ηєνєя Ɩσσк тσ ѕєє мє fƖу, ѕσ ǀ ηєνєя нανє тσ Ɩιє

Avian grinned, but that was partially because he wanted to conceal his nervousness. Oh heavens, he wished he was a Ravenclaw, because part of him wanted to be in his cousins' house... and unfortunately another part of him was because his whole family were Ravenclaws. And as he sat down and breathe deeply and thought ran to his mind, he wanted to be Ravenclaw. Or maybe he had to? He didn't know. Heaven knows what's up after all. He didn't know, he would be fine if he got Slytherin, that wasn't a bad house right? Hopefully?

Open me: V

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              ■ ARTISTIC Avian, being quite influenced by his uncle, aunt, and his cousins, became inspired in doing the same like them. He would be happy if an awesome song was played in the wireless magic radio, or if he found a blank parchment for him to draw what he wanted in his study room. Also, sometimes he might have slipped some swears by changing or altering them. He learned how to play a piano by a tutor, though he wished he had a guitar.
                                                              ■ CUNNING Avian would please his parents (and grandparents) by pretending that he was following that they asked for. He might be also sarcastic unintentionally OR intentionally. This trait may have been inherited by his mother, and for some reason his grandfather caught this attitude. He tend to play pranks on his two-years-younger sister whenever she did the same to him first, sine he believed on the saying, "An eye for an eye".
                                                              ■ KIND Because of his stern and snooty-looking features, he was hard to approach and occasionally unpredictable (and misunderstood), but personality-wise he was good-natured. Being raised as a Christian and believing that magic was a blessing for them, he independently believed that Muggleborns were people who were rewarded by his/her parents in contrast of his grandfather’s (who believed that Muggleborns were thieves of magic, and somehow Avian has not told his opinion yet). He would also be glad in sharing his intelligence to guide his classmates, but never expect to do homework for you. He has limits and chances are he would show his bad side if you challenged his patience for long.
                                                              ■ WITTY It was never a surprise given the fact that his parents AND his grandparents were Ravenclaws, and he was raised to be like them as well. He thinks that things can be solved without unnecessary fights, even trying to think out of the box if it was legit enough. Sometimes, his intelligence may cross the line and sometimes state things as if they were obvious and ‘common sense’, so he may be snarky.
                                                              ■ HUMOROUS It might or might not be one of his cousin Gypsy’s “fault” why he got a sense of humor sometimes. He laughs at good jokes and there were times he made witty jokes (or puns). Unfortunately, his parents did not seem to get his jokes lightly so he couldn’t easily make jokes around the house except his sister Nike.
                                                              ■ CAREFUL Being a practical, Avian was careful about what he was going to do and his surroundings. This would consider him a neat-freak and would want to keep his things in place (and well, updating his trunk every year). He thinks and does things slowly and surely if necessary, he never wanted anything to screw up severely. He was also careful towards the elderly, giving them a good impression by being polite.
                                                              ■ SENSITIVE He was somehow delicate in the inside when his family constantly reminded him about what he should do and expectations. He could somehow sense that he made a person angry, offended, or hurt that he would immediately feel guilty about it. This also applies to himself, he would get easily offended or hurt when insulted or criticized. He also has the right to lose his patience when it was abused or somebody crossed the line.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          :: Out Of Character ::
                                                          - - -
                                                          ┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Quote:

I do believe you have a kind soul,
And a sound mind,
This house should do nicely for you...

Ravenclaw!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 10:09 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Sophia Lin Knols
LOCATION » Hogwarts Boathouse.
COMPANY » Other first years and Bronwen Jones.
WEARING » Normal outfit.
OOC »

User Image

User Image

Sophie's palms were sweating and she nervously tried to wipe them on her black robes, hoping that nobody would notice. So, this wasn't some sort of test, right? They just had to put on a hat and it told them what 'house' they would be in? How did this hat determine where they would go though? Would it ask them questions?

Watching the other first years go up after their names were called, she didn't see much talking going on. Unless the hat was telepathic? That would mean that it was sentient though... Could hats be people? Or was it more like a computer program?

Thinking about these things actually made time pass easier and lessened her anxiety, but had the drawback of nearly missing her own name being called. The brunette girl hurriedly stumbled forward up to the stool and tentatively put the hat on her head as she sat. "Um....hello? I'm not really sure how this works..." She admitted quietly, looking up at the brim of the hat.

⊰━━━━━━ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ━━━━━━━⊱

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm smart yet a bit ditzy. I can easily remember things I've read or written, but have a hard time remembering things people tell me sometimes. My mom says I should've been born a blonde. I'm really smart (at least book smart), but I want to be wise one day. I know I'm a bit naive and socially awkward, but I hope that'll improve with age. I like to escape in books when I can. People are hard to read, but books are easy. To me, magic already existed even before I found out about the wizarding world, because anything could happen in a book. Inside the pages was where the magic happened. I feel overly average sometimes, even if I did turn out to be a witch, but I'm okay with that. People underestimate the average. I'm not very social, but I do like to help people, even if they don't know that I'm helping them. I hope to use magic to help people, even muggles. There has to be some sort of science to magic, right? With both of my parents being heavily involved in the business world, I learned a lot from them, especially customer service. I make good first impressions usually by being polite and respectful. But sometimes that's a mask.

My dear,
The fact you asked me at all how it works shows that you know how to gain wisdom,
But please, leave an old hat his secrets,
I am pretty sure you'll figure it out yourself with that mind...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:30 pm
        User Image

Sybil walked through the crowd of first years and walked herself up to the Sorting Hat. She took her seat and awaited the hat on her head. She wasn't all that nervous, Lexine had told her about the hat...but it wasn't like she was completely at ease. Sybil wasn't one who liked to be the centre of attention, and as she looked across the Great Hall, she realised that that was exactly where she was. Taking a deep breath, Sybil ran through the faces sitting at what she found was the Ravenclaw table and caught her sister's eye. If you can...keep Lexine and I close... Sybil thought, hoping the hat could hear her.

■ PERSUASIVE Sybil has always been one to easily get someone to do something for her, whether by deceit or simply by asking. Either way, she's usually very good at getting her way.
                                                ■ INTUITIVE Preferring to rely on her instincts and gut-feeling, Sybil has always been a very intuitive person, and usually her gut feeling tends to be right. Of course, even if it isn't, she always follows intuition rather than anything else.
                                                ■ IMPULSIVE Sometimes Sybil just doesn't think her decisions through, and usually that results in at least a small bit of trouble...
                                                ■ PASSIVE When things happen to people around her, Sybil can tend to show disinterest, not really worrying about it and will often just let bad things happen to people, whether it be a friend, family member, or someone she doesn't know. This also tends to happen when people do things to her; it's really a blessing and a curse.
                                                ■ QUIET Sybil has always been a quiet person, usually spending time on her own just because she doesn't usually get the opportunity to talk to others because they don't approach her. Her quietness also tends to lead people to believe she's a cold person, but she really isn't...it just seems that way.
                                                ■ CREATIVE Sybil finds it rather easy to come up with original ideas, and is almost always thinking up crazy, but fun, ideas.
                                                ■ INTELLIGENT As her elder sister and younger brother are, Sybil is highly intelligent and can pass a class without doing any work. Sure, she has her weaknesses, but she usually does pretty well in most classes. But it's not only book smarts, she has streets smarts as well, despite having been home schooled and sheltered most of her life.

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:08 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Arkendrai
        User Image

Sybil walked through the crowd of first years and walked herself up to the Sorting Hat. She took her seat and awaited the hat on her head. She wasn't all that nervous, Lexine had told her about the hat...but it wasn't like she was completely at ease. Sybil wasn't one who liked to be the centre of attention, and as she looked across the Great Hall, she realised that that was exactly where she was. Taking a deep breath, Sybil ran through the faces sitting at what she found was the Ravenclaw table and caught her sister's eye. If you can...keep Lexine and I close... Sybil thought, hoping the hat could hear her.

■ PERSUASIVE Sybil has always been one to easily get someone to do something for her, whether by deceit or simply by asking. Either way, she's usually very good at getting her way.
                                                ■ INTUITIVE Preferring to rely on her instincts and gut-feeling, Sybil has always been a very intuitive person, and usually her gut feeling tends to be right. Of course, even if it isn't, she always follows intuition rather than anything else.
                                                ■ IMPULSIVE Sometimes Sybil just doesn't think her decisions through, and usually that results in at least a small bit of trouble...
                                                ■ PASSIVE When things happen to people around her, Sybil can tend to show disinterest, not really worrying about it and will often just let bad things happen to people, whether it be a friend, family member, or someone she doesn't know. This also tends to happen when people do things to her; it's really a blessing and a curse.
                                                ■ QUIET Sybil has always been a quiet person, usually spending time on her own just because she doesn't usually get the opportunity to talk to others because they don't approach her. Her quietness also tends to lead people to believe she's a cold person, but she really isn't...it just seems that way.
                                                ■ CREATIVE Sybil finds it rather easy to come up with original ideas, and is almost always thinking up crazy, but fun, ideas.
                                                ■ INTELLIGENT As her elder sister and younger brother are, Sybil is highly intelligent and can pass a class without doing any work. Sure, she has her weaknesses, but she usually does pretty well in most classes. But it's not only book smarts, she has streets smarts as well, despite having been home schooled and sheltered most of her life.

User Image

Ah, another Vance girl,
And one that's creative too,
With an intelligent mind such as yours,
it shouldn't be too difficult to put you with your sister...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:18 am
User Imageᴡɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ ᴢᴇᴘʜʏʀ ʀᴀᴅᴄʟɪғғᴇ
ᴜɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ

Nervous was a word that simply was not in William Zephyr's vocabulary. When his name was called, he marched up to the front and took his place on the stool. While it would be nice to be in Gryffindor, he wouldn't mind any of the other houses. His grandmother was a Slytherin. His Aunt Gwyn had been a Hufflepuff and her sister had been a Ravenclaw. Of course, that didn't mean he didn't have hopes. He was quite certain he would be a Gryffindor.

Personality Type: ESFP
                      Explanation: William Zephyr is a bold young man who likes to throw himself at everything. If he wants to know something, he'd rather go in and get his hands dirty than read about it or be told about it. If asked, he'd have no problem getting out of his comfort zone. He has no patience for philosophical debates and would rather stay out of them. William Zephyr is also surprisingly observant and notices things that people would often miss. At times, he can be a bit talkative.

However, William Zephyr is not perfect. Despite his boldness, he's a sensitive soul who doesn't take criticism well. He will often blame himself, for his failures and will beat himself up about it. He also isn't a fan of conflict. He'll try to see anyway out of it, even if it means running away. At times, he can also be easily-bored, which can lead to rules being broken, among other things.

OOC: Personality in Spoiler
Currently With:

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:41 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Violet the Maestro
User Imageᴡɪʟʟɪᴀᴍ ᴢᴇᴘʜʏʀ ʀᴀᴅᴄʟɪғғᴇ
ᴜɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ

Nervous was a word that simply was not in William Zephyr's vocabulary. When his name was called, he marched up to the front and took his place on the stool. While it would be nice to be in Gryffindor, he wouldn't mind any of the other houses. His grandmother was a Slytherin. His Aunt Gwyn had been a Hufflepuff and her sister had been a Ravenclaw. Of course, that didn't mean he didn't have hopes. He was quite certain he would be a Gryffindor.

Personality Type: ESFP
                      Explanation: William Zephyr is a bold young man who likes to throw himself at everything. If he wants to know something, he'd rather go in and get his hands dirty than read about it or be told about it. If asked, he'd have no problem getting out of his comfort zone. He has no patience for philosophical debates and would rather stay out of them. William Zephyr is also surprisingly observant and notices things that people would often miss. At times, he can be a bit talkative.

However, William Zephyr is not perfect. Despite his boldness, he's a sensitive soul who doesn't take criticism well. He will often blame himself, for his failures and will beat himself up about it. He also isn't a fan of conflict. He'll try to see anyway out of it, even if it means running away. At times, he can also be easily-bored, which can lead to rules being broken, among other things.

OOC: Personality in Spoiler
Currently With:

Bold but sensitive,
Observant as well,
I can see you'll do fine here...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Dawn Yamamoto
                                            Pureblood || 1st Year || Unsorted

Dawn bit her lip as she tried to contain herself. It was finally her time. It was always a wonder to hear about Hogwarts from her older brother and now that she finally get to come here, she just couldn't contain her excitement. She smiled at everything she saw but as pureblood customs dictate she tried to look proper and only smiled a little bit. It would have been so different if her other older brother could have been there with her but circumstances are what they are and she could only form wishful thinking.

The bustle of people and whispered excitement made her look up from her dreary thoughts as she found herself finally in line to be sorted. She waited with bated breath wondering what kind of house she'll be put in as she watched the sorting begin.

❄ OOC ❄

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of like my big brother Night at times where I can be such a party pooper and well kind of like Day too whereas we're both kind of a prankster when we feel like it. So in a sense, I'm an all rounder. Though unlike both of my brothers I'm a bit more closed in. I tend to keep to myself and just observe my surroundings quietly.

mihori_0624

Hopeful Cadet

11,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:49 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

mihori_0624
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Dawn Yamamoto
                                            Pureblood || 1st Year || Unsorted

Dawn bit her lip as she tried to contain herself. It was finally her time. It was always a wonder to hear about Hogwarts from her older brother and now that she finally get to come here, she just couldn't contain her excitement. She smiled at everything she saw but as pureblood customs dictate she tried to look proper and only smiled a little bit. It would have been so different if her other older brother could have been there with her but circumstances are what they are and she could only form wishful thinking.

The bustle of people and whispered excitement made her look up from her dreary thoughts as she found herself finally in line to be sorted. She waited with bated breath wondering what kind of house she'll be put in as she watched the sorting begin.

❄ OOC ❄

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kind of like my big brother Night at times where I can be such a party pooper and well kind of like Day too whereas we're both kind of a prankster when we feel like it. So in a sense, I'm an all rounder. Though unlike both of my brothers I'm a bit more closed in. I tend to keep to myself and just observe my surroundings quietly.

Hrm, a self-proclaimed party pooper,
And prefer to keep to yourself,
With your observational skills, you can fit into...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:38 pm
User Image _______________________________________

User Image

Anxiety had driven butterflies in his chest, their wings fluttering between his ribs and spine, tickled his lungs, and flopped about in his belly. But he charged headstrong through the entire journey, from his first step across the stone wall at Platform 9 ¾, to the bouncing boat ride across the black lake where the bottom of his sleeves had gotten soaked from trying to trail his scarred fingers through the cold water, and then even now, blundering up the steps to the three legged stool where the sorting hat had awaited him. Baited breath was caught between his teeth, he wondered if the hat could speak to him, what would it say? 'I dun' care where I go,' he decidedly thought to the hat as he chewed the inside of his cheek, those butterflies suddenly driving him mad. 'Just put me somewhere where I can belong.' The beast can make it so hard.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
                    ■ BOLD Tristan is a headstrong, fearless boy, he lacks discipline and acts impulsively. He has the drive for ambition, but it's usually misplaced in sordid adventures. It often leads to impatience and an easily distracted mind.
                    ■ BOORISH Tristan's vocabulary is riddled with curse words and slang; he can be wildly inappropriate and grotesque and inhibits a morbid fascination for making other people squeamish or uncomfortable. He's generally ill-mannered and destructive, if given the choice to break or follow the rules, he'll always choose the former.
                    ■ SELF-DESTRUCTIVE He has a hard time saying no to bad ideas, even if he knows he might get in trouble. Whether it was his first stolen cigarette, sneaking out of the house, or trying to eavesdrop on an all girl slumber party; he can't seem to resist on his strong nights, it's even worse on his weak nights, when he knows just how dangerous it could be.
                    ■ PASSIONATE Diving head first, Tristan throws all of himself into any idea or project he's interested in. He's dedicated and hardworking, and he's been known to get a little too heated or intense, but it only ever lasts as long as his interest does--which isn't long.
                    ■ LOYAL Steadfast and determined, Tristan will stand by his friends and loved ones until the very end. If they've earned his loyalty, he'll suffer right alongside his mates and do everything in his power to help. He's defensive and protective, always ready to take up arms if necessary.
                    ■ RESOURCEFUL Tristan can adapt to his surroundings, if he can't find a way, he'll force one. He can separate himself from his problem, tackle it from different angles to find the best solution. He's crafty, and can create makeshift tools or toys with what's provided. He's willing to play a few hands at once, bet on different people to try and maximize his chances.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: Great Hall】 【COMPANY:: Sorting Hat】 【ATTIRE:: Plain Uniform】 【STATS:: Unsorted, 4'9", 98lbs

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:27 pm
Lionel Lira
First Year
Unsorted

Lionel had walked into the Sorting ceremony, completely astounded by the medieval decoration that the castle seemed to portray. He stood there for long periods of times, staring at the walls as the line dwindled down to the end of it, which was pretty much was where he was. There were relatively few behind him and a lot of people in front of him, that's for sure. So, when his attention returned and he finally noticed that he was supposed to go, he hurriedly got up to the Hat, not really worrying about the crowds, but more was anxious to see the house he had gotten into. He did no previous studies on the houses, but he did know...just out of common sense that each house meant something. They wouldn't have a talking hat unless it somehow could read your mind and tell everyone just what you are.

Finally reaching the stool after some kid had went, he set himself down and readied himself for what was to come. He had no idea if this would have some kind of sensation to it as the Hat seemingly sifted through one's mind...or read it...or whatever it did. As the hat was placed upon his head, he felt himself thinking to himself. Just put me where I could do a lot, not really talking to the hat but to himself and reassuring himself he would be successful wherever he would be put.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely friendly and open to just about everyone. I don't really judge anyone by face value...well, a lot. I feel like everyone judges to some degree, just I judge to a significantly less degree than the next person. So, yeah, if one wanted to talk to me for whatever reason, I'm just about cool with anyone coming up to me and saying 'hi'. Plus, I'm extremely talkative and naturally like to talk. I'm always curious; so this leads to me asking questions a great deal. I'm one of those people that usually think by talking, in terms of class of course, and never think too deep into things. That being said, I always participate in class, but sometimes I may make a fool of myself while doing it. But in reality, I just know that I am benefiting the class by doing so; because others who may have the same question as I do, but are just too introverted to talk about it, won't get the chance. I know I'm not always the brightest kid in the world, but hey, it's okay. Not everyone is known for their intelligence.

This just leads me to my confidence levels, which are pretty high. I have the ability to look someone in the eye who may be insulting me and be able to sit there and take it, as if nothing was said. I'm not huge on confrontation, but I mean, if the other person deserves it though, I will be the first one to speak up and let that person know they are being completely close-minded and just unreasonable.

I like to be leader in most situations...you know, the guy that may not necessarily think about the idea, but the one who takes everyone's opinion into it and makes the final decision. Yeah, I like to be that guy, and most of my life, I've always been that guy. However, this may lead to a little bit of authoritarian issues, which don't really show up with teachers, but other students, yes. If I see something as right...I see it as right and that's a fact. I'm very decisive on that and sometimes I am wrong, but I would never let someone know that I was wrong, even when there is no doubt in my mind that I was.

Lastly, I'm very loyal to my friends and I tend to keep in contact with them. I like having friends. I think it is vital in growing up to be a successful human-being, in the workplace and off. I'd rather not live a lonely life of course, despite the belief that sometimes people are more successful when they are introverted. I don't necessarily believe that.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:24 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Essy ze Ninja
User Image _______________________________________

User Image

Anxiety had driven butterflies in his chest, their wings fluttering between his ribs and spine, tickled his lungs, and flopped about in his belly. But he charged headstrong through the entire journey, from his first step across the stone wall at Platform 9 ¾, to the bouncing boat ride across the black lake where the bottom of his sleeves had gotten soaked from trying to trail his scarred fingers through the cold water, and then even now, blundering up the steps to the three legged stool where the sorting hat had awaited him. Baited breath was caught between his teeth, he wondered if the hat could speak to him, what would it say? 'I dun' care where I go,' he decidedly thought to the hat as he chewed the inside of his cheek, those butterflies suddenly driving him mad. 'Just put me somewhere where I can belong.' The beast can make it so hard.

P E R S O N A L I T Y
                    ■ BOLD Tristan is a headstrong, fearless boy, he lacks discipline and acts impulsively. He has the drive for ambition, but it's usually misplaced in sordid adventures. It often leads to impatience and an easily distracted mind.
                    ■ BOORISH Tristan's vocabulary is riddled with curse words and slang; he can be wildly inappropriate and grotesque and inhibits a morbid fascination for making other people squeamish or uncomfortable. He's generally ill-mannered and destructive, if given the choice to break or follow the rules, he'll always choose the former.
                    ■ SELF-DESTRUCTIVE He has a hard time saying no to bad ideas, even if he knows he might get in trouble. Whether it was his first stolen cigarette, sneaking out of the house, or trying to eavesdrop on an all girl slumber party; he can't seem to resist on his strong nights, it's even worse on his weak nights, when he knows just how dangerous it could be.
                    ■ PASSIONATE Diving head first, Tristan throws all of himself into any idea or project he's interested in. He's dedicated and hardworking, and he's been known to get a little too heated or intense, but it only ever lasts as long as his interest does--which isn't long.
                    ■ LOYAL Steadfast and determined, Tristan will stand by his friends and loved ones until the very end. If they've earned his loyalty, he'll suffer right alongside his mates and do everything in his power to help. He's defensive and protective, always ready to take up arms if necessary.
                    ■ RESOURCEFUL Tristan can adapt to his surroundings, if he can't find a way, he'll force one. He can separate himself from his problem, tackle it from different angles to find the best solution. He's crafty, and can create makeshift tools or toys with what's provided. He's willing to play a few hands at once, bet on different people to try and maximize his chances.

LOCATION:: Great Hall】 【COMPANY:: Sorting Hat】 【ATTIRE:: Plain Uniform】 【STATS:: Unsorted, 4'9", 98lbs

The Professor barely set the hat onto his head before it calls out...
Slytherin!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:40 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

RedEagleEye007
Lionel Lira
First Year
Unsorted

Lionel had walked into the Sorting ceremony, completely astounded by the medieval decoration that the castle seemed to portray. He stood there for long periods of times, staring at the walls as the line dwindled down to the end of it, which was pretty much was where he was. There were relatively few behind him and a lot of people in front of him, that's for sure. So, when his attention returned and he finally noticed that he was supposed to go, he hurriedly got up to the Hat, not really worrying about the crowds, but more was anxious to see the house he had gotten into. He did no previous studies on the houses, but he did know...just out of common sense that each house meant something. They wouldn't have a talking hat unless it somehow could read your mind and tell everyone just what you are.

Finally reaching the stool after some kid had went, he set himself down and readied himself for what was to come. He had no idea if this would have some kind of sensation to it as the Hat seemingly sifted through one's mind...or read it...or whatever it did. As the hat was placed upon his head, he felt himself thinking to himself. Just put me where I could do a lot, not really talking to the hat but to himself and reassuring himself he would be successful wherever he would be put.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely friendly and open to just about everyone. I don't really judge anyone by face value...well, a lot. I feel like everyone judges to some degree, just I judge to a significantly less degree than the next person. So, yeah, if one wanted to talk to me for whatever reason, I'm just about cool with anyone coming up to me and saying 'hi'. Plus, I'm extremely talkative and naturally like to talk. I'm always curious; so this leads to me asking questions a great deal. I'm one of those people that usually think by talking, in terms of class of course, and never think too deep into things. That being said, I always participate in class, but sometimes I may make a fool of myself while doing it. But in reality, I just know that I am benefiting the class by doing so; because others who may have the same question as I do, but are just too introverted to talk about it, won't get the chance. I know I'm not always the brightest kid in the world, but hey, it's okay. Not everyone is known for their intelligence.

This just leads me to my confidence levels, which are pretty high. I have the ability to look someone in the eye who may be insulting me and be able to sit there and take it, as if nothing was said. I'm not huge on confrontation, but I mean, if the other person deserves it though, I will be the first one to speak up and let that person know they are being completely close-minded and just unreasonable.

I like to be leader in most situations...you know, the guy that may not necessarily think about the idea, but the one who takes everyone's opinion into it and makes the final decision. Yeah, I like to be that guy, and most of my life, I've always been that guy. However, this may lead to a little bit of authoritarian issues, which don't really show up with teachers, but other students, yes. If I see something as right...I see it as right and that's a fact. I'm very decisive on that and sometimes I am wrong, but I would never let someone know that I was wrong, even when there is no doubt in my mind that I was.

Lastly, I'm very loyal to my friends and I tend to keep in contact with them. I like having friends. I think it is vital in growing up to be a successful human-being, in the workplace and off. I'd rather not live a lonely life of course, despite the belief that sometimes people are more successful when they are introverted. I don't necessarily believe that.

The Professor barely set the hat onto his head before it calls out...
Hufflepuff!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games