Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mist-san

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:59 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
hey, you two, come on now, this is supposed to be SERIOUS conversation, not immature conversation D=

I agree, puls this is getting off topic of Naruto. you 2 wanna fight, pm each other.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:09 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd
Quote:
For a more heard of example, for those who don't believe in Ki, how can a man bite through a solid rock? Walk on coal and not bleed? Break a brick with his bear hands? Explain that, if there is no such thing as Ki. Because none of that can be explained with science. ((Edit: I take it back; the coal CAN be explained. As can walking on glass. The other two, not so much.))

Man bites through solid rock: Teeth hard, rock soft.
Man breaks brick with hand: People have strength in their hands, if you hit a brick at the center, the pressure and force brought down on the brick causes it to break. Do you know why they use bricks? Besides their handy shape, bricks are made with alot of air pockets in them. Not big ones, but they're still there. If a strong force is brought down on a brick, it will break. Air pockets make it harder for the structure to stay together.

No one believes you about lifting 400 pounds, give it up.

Believing in particles doesn't mean you believe everything you hear. No one has seen them, but we've seen amoebas, and bacteria, and cells. What makes up a cell? Chi? No, that's ridiculous. Besides, you've never SEEN chi, so you're just guessing biggrin .
His teeth were NORMAL. And the rock was not granite or anything... it was more along the lines of sleet. If you want to be a book nazi, look it up. It's in both the World Records and Ripley's Believe It Or Not books.
The brick is CLEARLY stronger than the bone. CLEARLY. And it's not the brick you're thinking of. This b***h was solid adobe brick. Handmade in china. biggrin

Well, ******** your s**t. xd

You believe things you don't see though. biggrin And there is a way to see particles. BUT YOU YOURSELF; YOU have not seen them. And you take people's world for it. And no, asshat, Chi isn't physical. How many times do I have to say it? Or can you just not comprehend something nonphysical?

I have felt chi. surprised There are 4 other senses, you know.
I know the rock was soft, that's why I said.

Brick is stronger than bone, but brick doesn't push back. A weaker substance, propelled with enough force, can break a stronger substance.

The existence of particles has been proven, though. No one can see them, but that's how everything works. Protons, neutrons, electrons; they all spin around and form bond with one another to form chemicals that we see every day. You can't say they don't exist, because if you do, you're saying water isn't two hydrogens bonded with one oxygen, which is common knowledge.

You've never seen chi either. You claim to have "felt" it, but you're still not seeing it. People "feel" alot of things. If someone holds a finger a few inches away from my forehead, I get a sharp pain right between my eyes. That's not because my chi is reacting to anything, that means my natural, chemical instincts are telling me there's something nearby.

In the future, I'd refrain from calling Liz_Biz on his insults if you're going to be slinging them around too. Were you the one who was talking about hypocrisy after all?
Pull your head out of you a**. I said it wasn't soft, which is the ONLY reason it's a world record. DUH. Or else ANYONE could do it. rolleyes

So you believe that SIGHT is the only sense with proof? So music doesn't exist? Haha! xd Good one. You're a roaring RIOT. It's been "proven" to exist. Particles. But YOU have never seen them. You assume it's true. It bares no more truth than God or Aliens. Because you haven't seen those, either, and people believe in them, too. And what is a Hydrogen simply other than a name to characterize an assembly of mass? Really, it's all the same stuff in microscopic form. lol And chemical instincts my a**. The body doesn't do that. That was probably static. xd At least bring up real examples for Christ's sake.

Liz_Biz, I have no problem with him. At least he has the goddamn decency to make some sense. Oh, and to shut up once and a while. He knows when to shut up. And he knows how to prove a point. I've actually learned things from him. All I've learned from you is that people can be dumb enough to base everything they say off of assumptions, and to argue the point of opinions.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:13 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
hey, you two, come on now, this is supposed to be SERIOUS conversation, not immature conversation D=

I agree, puls this is getting off topic of Naruto. you 2 wanna fight, pm each other.
No way. I don't respect her enough to do that. More than anything do I want this woman to get the hell off of me. Major goddamn PMS; more than anything do I just want to talk about Naruto. But you have to admit that really stupid arguments are more than just tempting to bite upon. Assuming you are correct in this instance, I will have to ignore her. She can believe whatever she wants... it doesn't matter if I know this is stupid and that no one here is right or wrong in the instance that arguing over opinions has little or no baring on scientific fact. She keep pulling out the science whizz card and she doesn't understand this whole time I've been talking about Quantum Metaphysics/Mechanics. But because she doesn't believe in it, this will be a big circle of stupidity. One I'd beg, beg again, give my left leg and beg again to avoid. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:14 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
I could tell her ten thousand times to shut the ******** up and leave me alone and she never would. She digs up s**t from the past to make a debate into a heated arguement. It's ridiculous.

You two got your points of view, just try to state them without cursing please!  

Pekora

liz_bliz_inc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm
Holy hell, yes an ant would die if it was the size of a human, and for the same reason I said.

True ants, as well as a host of other insects, breath through holes in the sides of their bodies, through the exoskeleton. It is not like a gill, a gill is speacialize to take in water and extract the pure oxygen from it, it can't handle air as it's lungs aren't ment to filter it. Ants have lungs that function off the same mixture of oxygen, nitrogen, etc in the air around us as the humans do. The fact that the ant is larger than normal is not going to affect it, although it would be bigger and require much more air, the holes in the exoskeletalon would be larger, as would the lungs and the delivery systems would also be larger, allowing for the apporiate supply of oxygen.

No, the reason it would die is because the ant is not built to strutcually be that big if built the same way, with the same materials and proportions. While model buildings of the empire state building have been made of toothpicks, and been structurally similar, you could not have a full sized empire state building made of of toothpicks and glue because it simply could not support itself.

the same can be said of the ant, the ant in it's natural size is built for that structurally. It doesn't have any bones and lacks much muscle and much else to sport it's weight...why is this? Because it weighs next to nothing. If you weigh only .0000001 lbs (I'm not saying this is how much an any weighs) then lifting 10 times it's weight, .000001, still miniscule. Think about it, when an ant lifts something many times it's weight, it's lifting a leaf, or at most a chunck of spider or catapillar.

Now at a much larger scall, the ant weighs exponetially more. But, because the structure and materials are the same, and those have nowhere near the ability to support the wieght of the anything that size.

Do you think the human body could support it's weight without bone or even cartaliage? That's why if king kong exsisted, built as a normal gorilla, just supersized, it would be crushed by it's own mass, it's bone not big or strong enough to support it.

Zoology has been a hobby of mine since before I can remember, don't try and bluff me out about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:19 pm
Of course things can be heard and felt, it would be silly to assume otherwise. You suggested that because I can't see particles, it's silly of me to think they exist. But if someone, sonewhere, makes a formula that says they do, which can be proven time and time again, I think it's more idiotic to assume they don't.

Chemical reactions are what trigger instincts. That's why people's senses are heightened when they're afraid, or when it's dark. They're more wary of what's going on around them, because the body reacts to what's happening. If you're trying to be aware fo your surroundings for whatever reason, your body will react to what you're feeling. You're quicker, you hear better, you're able to hold your breath or breathe quietly, because your body is reacting. That's what instincts are.  

Captain Verd

Mist-san

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:23 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
I could tell her ten thousand times to shut the ******** up and leave me alone and she never would. She digs up s**t from the past to make a debate into a heated arguement. It's ridiculous.

I dont care about the cursing, but I do agree with Peko. Everyone has their own way of thinking, thier own form of truth if you will, but it gets pretty old when everyone insults each other over and over again (and I am sooo guilty of insulting others, sorry Shikalee crying )

But I say "Let's get back on topic"

Will Shikamaru's team defeat Akatsuki? (at least avenge Asuma's death?)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:25 pm
liz_bliz
Holy hell, yes an ant would die if it was the size of a human, and for the same reason I said.

True ants, as well as a host of other insects, breath through holes in the sides of their bodies, through the exoskeleton. It is not like a gill, a gill is speacialize to take in water and extract the pure oxygen from it, it can't handle air as it's lungs aren't ment to filter it. Ants have lungs that function off the same mixture of oxygen, nitrogen, etc in the air around us as the humans do. The fact that the ant is larger than normal is not going to affect it, although it would be bigger and require much more air, the holes in the exoskeletalon would be larger, as would the lungs and the delivery systems would also be larger, allowing for the apporiate supply of oxygen.

No, the reason it would die is because the ant is not built to strutcually be that big if built the same way, with the same materials and proportions. While model buildings of the empire state building have been made of toothpicks, and been structurally similar, you could not have a full sized empire state building made of of toothpicks and glue because it simply could not support itself.

the same can be said of the ant, the ant in it's natural size is built for that structurally. It doesn't have any bones and lacks much muscle and much else to sport it's weight...why is this? Because it weighs next to nothing. If you weigh only .0000001 lbs (I'm not saying this is how much an any weighs) then lifting 10 times it's weight, .000001, still miniscule. Think about it, when an ant lifts something many times it's weight, it's lifting a leaf, or at most a chunck of spider or catapillar.

Now at a much larger scall, the ant weighs exponetially more. But, because the structure and materials are the same, and those have nowhere near the ability to support the wieght of the anything that size.

Do you think the human body could support it's weight without bone or even cartaliage? That's why if king kong exsisted, built as a normal gorilla, just supersized, it would be crushed by it's own mass, it's bone not big or strong enough to support it.

Zoology has been a hobbie of mine since before I can remember, don't try and bluff me out about it.
She'll try anyways. She knows man, she knows. Science is her major, the chi tells her all the right answers. Byt the way, we're retarded for believing stuff that's been proven by scientists. Whoever told you that thing about ants was retarded, because they've never seen a big ant like Shikalee has.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:32 pm
liz_bliz

Zoology has been a hobbie of mine since before I can remember, don't try and bluff me out about it.
But he wouldn't! gonk Size has nothing to do with weight proportionally! xd I see what you're saying but it isn't correct in this instance. gonk

I know it's not a gill. I was making a comparison. Gills fail to work above water because they dry up and the holes close. The ant's size would severely affect it's breathing. Now for a quote and image.

"Ants, like all insects, do indeed breathe. Unlike vertebrates they do not
have lungs or an oxygen-carrying blood pigment (like the heme in hemoglobin for us). Instead they rely on a system of tubes, called tracheae and tracheoles, which carry atmospheric oxygen to the tissues and almost to the cellular level. The outside openings of the tracheae are called spiracles. Gas exchange is primarily by diffusion, although larger active insects my help this along by contracting and expanding muscles around the tracheae in a process called ventilation. Ants are small enough that they need only a few spiracles and do not use ventilation. These openings usually have valves that allow the spiracle to be open or closed. As noted earlier the blood does not transport oxygen and is not red as it is in vertebrates."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/Ant_worker_morphology_corrected.svg
On the image see spiracles.

That pretty much sums up why an ant would suffocate.

You did not say because of the materials, though. In that case, I would agree with you. But on a planet where ants are that large, it is safe to say the ant can sustain this size. Not to mention the fact the example, which she brought up might I add, was purely hypothetical and solely based on proportional comparison. Also, the weight comparison you described is irrelevant if the ant is proportionally exactly the same size. This would account for density of matter as well.

You may like zoology, but I like entomology. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:34 pm
Captain Verd
She'll try anyways. She knows man, she knows. Science is her major, the chi tells her all the right answers. Byt the way, we're retarded for believing stuff that's been proven by scientists. Whoever told you that thing about ants was retarded, because they've never seen a big ant like Shikalee has.
Trying is one thing, knowing is another. lol There's a difference between being an a*****e, like you have been, and simply discussing statistics. I don't think Liz_Biz and I are going anywhere negative with this. It is you, and your deranged b***h mind, portraying that. Now go have some warm milk and take a goddamn nap.

Stop being a b***h and go away if you can't be open about topics. confused I'd be open to your claims if they made any sense. Your arrogance blinds you.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:36 pm
Captain Verd
Of course things can be heard and felt, it would be silly to assume otherwise. You suggested that because I can't see particles, it's silly of me to think they exist. But if someone, sonewhere, makes a formula that says they do, which can be proven time and time again, I think it's more idiotic to assume they don't.

Chemical reactions are what trigger instincts. That's why people's senses are heightened when they're afraid, or when it's dark. They're more wary of what's going on around them, because the body reacts to what's happening. If you're trying to be aware fo your surroundings for whatever reason, your body will react to what you're feeling. You're quicker, you hear better, you're able to hold your breath or breathe quietly, because your body is reacting. That's what instincts are.
Which is what you were doing. It's not silly for you to think they exist; of course they exist. You ENTIRELY missed my point and AS USUAL proved to be dumber than you say you are. You're NORMAL, goddamn it.

This isn't about instincts; stop changing the subject. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:39 pm
liz_bliz

wow, didn't knew that, nice point though.  

Pekora

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:56 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

I dont care about the cursing, but I do agree with Peko. Everyone has their own way of thinking, thier own form of truth if you will, but it gets pretty old when everyone insults each other over and over again (and I am sooo guilty of insulting others, sorry Shikalee crying )

it'd be good if he did. =D  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:59 pm
shadowninjaofthemist
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

It is true. But there is truth... Whatever. Let's get back on topic.

Not all of Akatsuki. I feel they will succeed in defeating Hidan and Kakuzu if not fatally wounding them.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:01 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
shadowninjaofthemist
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

it'd be good if he did. =D
Very good. But I kind of like their personalities. More than anything do I wish they could just TURN GOOD. Or something. At least not want to take over the world and remain enemies. Just all this killing and evil and stuff... it's alright. Bounty hunters are cool. Some are considered evil and others are considered holy men. I think overall Akatsuki isn't all that bad, besides the power thirst of their leader. Orochimaru seems eviler than them.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games