Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 pm
Sunegami
Garek Maxwell
Is it weird that I never read a single harry potter book and only saw the first movie once 'cause my parents took me randomly one day? sweatdrop

About the only interest I have in the series is that I heard there's werewolves in it, but that's just a furry thing. razz

That's okay, my husband wasn't into it until I dragged him to. . . I think it was "Goblet of Fire". Now he's getting into it-- still hasn't read the books, but I bet he will soon, cause his dad told him they're good and if there's anyone's opinion he values, it's his dad's. X3

I wouldn't get my hopes up about the werewolves (movie-verse ones, anyway); they're kind of hairless skinny gangly vaguely-canine-looking things. Not stereotypical werewolves at all. If you're into the big, burly werewolf type, Harry Potter is not for you. At least not the movies. X3

"One of us! One of us!" razz

And awww, I guess I'll just have to stick to fchan FA for wolfier werewolves. sad
Why do furries always seem to be more "realistic" in their depictions of werewolves? Like, most horror monsters don't even go wolfish at all... As I've always said, "traditional" movie werewolves aren't werewolves, they're werewookies. mad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 pm
Garek Maxwell
"One of us! One of us!" razz

And awww, I guess I'll just have to stick to fchan FA for wolfier werewolves. sad
Why do furries always seem to be more "realistic" in their depictions of werewolves? Like, most horror monsters don't even go wolfish at all... As I've always said, "traditional" movie werewolves aren't werewolves, they're werewookies. mad

Absolutely. X3 ♥

Yea, I really like how Kyoht does werewolves, all snarly and beefy and ready to rip you apart. X3 Wolf-nymph does good stuff, too, but I'm not sure if she does werewolves or not. X3

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:22 pm
*runs in* People are talking about werewolves up in here!

I'm a huge fan of werewolves. I can appreciate the more gangly and more human-than-wolf werewolves as well as the big bag wolf types. The ones like in the HP movies strike me more as a monster in the sense that it's a human that's mutated partially into a beast. Or even like in The Wolfman where they're more of a fuzzy guy with pointy teeth. They might not be as badass as a more full-wolf werewolf, like in the Underworld series, but they take on their monster role as something a bit more human and grotesque. A partial mutation rather than a full transformation, if you will.

*end of two cents*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 pm
Sunegami
Absolutely. X3 ♥

Yea, I really like how Kyoht does werewolves, all snarly and beefy and ready to rip you apart. X3 Wolf-nymph does good stuff, too, but I'm not sure if she does werewolves or not. X3

Oh, totally. I've seen some beastly, even creepy depictions and takes on the werewolves. But they all have the common theme of actually looking wolf-like! gonk Those "traditional" ones just seem to make the guy hairy with an under bite. They could be depicting regular people just as easily. xp

Personally I love Kyoht's werewolves along with a few others... I seem to recall way back there was golden wolf... Lets see, hmm, Brown Kuma comes to mind, but he does all kinds of naughty transformation art... Well, for something more mainstream I've generally loved White Wolf's Werewolf: The Apocalypse depictions which are pretty spot on for actually looking like a wolf. Really, I think they got it right on many levels. Even the in between stages look progressively wolf-like without resorting to wookie-ism. razz

shoki_de_nai
*runs in* People are talking about werewolves up in here!

I'm a huge fan of werewolves. I can appreciate the more gangly and more human-than-wolf werewolves as well as the big bag wolf types. The ones like in the HP movies strike me more as a monster in the sense that it's a human that's mutated partially into a beast. Or even like in The Wolfman where they're more of a fuzzy guy with pointy teeth. They might not be as badass as a more full-wolf werewolf, like in the Underworld series, but they take on their monster role as something a bit more human and grotesque. A partial mutation rather than a full transformation, if you will.

*end of two cents*

Oh, I totally can get into the "in between" versions too, even if that's the end of their transformation. I only ask that there be some blending of the animal and human together rather than just slapping fur on a human. Subtle details like a longer jaw can really sell me on it. ...But there's a lot of instances where I think they just had a 'monster' costume and decided to call it a werewolf. It's as if the person constructing the costume never saw a wolf before...or even owns a dog. neutral

Just to illustrate something that I remembered and dug up is a werewolf that I think is very successful and sort of in that in between phase..and it's also rather disturbing!
Edit: Link fixed
http://tavari.deviantart.com/art/Werewolf-13113088
This is mature and NSFW due to violence and nudity, but it is artistic nudity. Though to be fair to me is seems a teensy bit erotic intentionally to bring forth emotions of fear and discomfort with other primal feelings. razz

Sune may ike this too! It's a man. xp  

Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:47 pm
Your link is borked Garek. Just leads me to DA's main page.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 pm
Bah!
http://tavari.deviantart.com/art/Werewolf-13113088
Here, fixed it. I don't know why I got it all messed up... Just tired. -_-  

Garek Maxwell

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 pm
Noooo!!!! Rebecca Black has a new song! >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:09 am
: Grabs [insert user name here]. Chews on. Generally grumbles and mumbles through the folds of flesh [or possibly fur] that is now caught between her teeth::

Man, I've been away so long on here, I barely recognize any names. It's sad to see the AFG [or AFtG I guess] slow. If there is anything I can do to help get this place flowing again, let me know. I don't want to see it die!! gonk  

Zaerin Grey

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

17,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 pm
Zuri-kai

You mean, it's no longer... Friday~! *Sings partly out of tune without an auto-tuner, half fake smiling and looking almost bored or out of place.*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:37 pm
Garek Maxwell
Zuri-kai

You mean, it's no longer... Friday~! *Sings partly out of tune without an auto-tuner, half fake smiling and looking almost bored or out of place.*

Lol, sadly no. I haven't actually gone to listen to it yet because I don't want to give her youtube video any views (and vicariously money from the site).  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Sanctus Occasus

Newbie Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 pm
Has anyone else ever heard of the American Alsatian? heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:47 pm
Can't say as I have. Sorry. =/

On a totally off topic note. Google+ looks like it's be the shizz once it's fully released. I got my account set up today and it as just as awesome, maybe more so, than facebook use to be. You know, back when it was good. ^.^  

Zuri-kai

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:58 pm
Zaerin Grey
: Grabs [insert user name here]. Chews on. Generally grumbles and mumbles through the folds of flesh [or possibly fur] that is now caught between her teeth::

Man, I've been away so long on here, I barely recognize any names. It's sad to see the AFG [or AFtG I guess] slow. If there is anything I can do to help get this place flowing again, let me know. I don't want to see it die!! gonk

It'd be awesome if you had some ideas to get this place kickin' again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:56 pm
I has a sad.

I've been on vacation all week, and took a few days to visit a dear friend out of state. Now that I'm home, I'm all depressed that I'm not with him anymore. crying  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Zaerin Grey

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

17,100 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:27 pm
shoki_de_nai
Zaerin Grey

It'd be awesome if you had some ideas to get this place kickin' again.
A cattle prod should work smile  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games