Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:11 pm
Psycho Lee
Hmm... wonder what Gaia thinks of SOPA/PROTECT IP, eh?

Between SOPA and the NDAA, I swear the US is becoming more facist every day. And all to "protect the people".

It's less about fascism and more about old people not understanding new technology and making decisions based on that.

From what I've heard from videos of the debates over the bills, more than half of the representatives make face palming comments and clearly don't know the first thing about the internet. Then there's those that oppose the bills because they understand what it's doing, and then there's a very very small minority that doesn't understand the net and what the bill will do and are, instead of defaulting to support, asking for more information and, you know, doing the right thing and trying to research the issue.

...I'm staying out of it though. Nothin' I can do really aside from get mad and sit there...mad. It would be nice if, for some reason, that it passed it blew up so much in the face of companies and it caused real public outcry. ...Doubt it, but eh, that's if it passes. I have a feeling it won't, but if it does it should get challenged immediately. Too many people don't want it that it's likely someone's going to challenge it in court.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Tuberculasers
I ******** quit my fa. :/
My stupid piece of s**t ex-boyfriend is still following me around thinking he's the coolest person ever trying to stir up s**t with me.

I dumped him because I found out he was posing as me on the Internet. Taking credit for my art and accepting requests from people that he never followed through on because, duh he can't draw. He was posting inappropriate pictures of me waaay back from when we first met because he was closetgay as ******** and using them to get attention and d**k pics from guys.

You know, I read through this a couple times and kept stopping on the "inappropriate pictures" part. sweatdrop  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:13 pm
a bit amusing but a bit annoying, but over on FAF, they have a "sexual orientation" thread and the most poll votes go to heterosexual (30%). But if you go into the picture thread, the entire thread is young, ********, stereotypically androgynous gay guys posting shirtless and hitting on each other in posts... like:

"Oh aren't you just a cutie, I want to eat you up"
"no, you're the cute one"
"I want to ******** you now"
"back off he's mine, b***h!"
(and I'm reading their comments in the most lispy voice I can imagine)

I don't think FAF is a place to hook up with people nor do I think the fandom needs more people randomly hooking up for ********. I also think the picture thread needs more women.

Garek Maxwell

From what I've heard from videos of the debates over the bills, more than half of the representatives make face palming comments and clearly don't know the first thing about the internet. Then there's those that oppose the bills because they understand what it's doing, and then there's a very very small minority that doesn't understand the net and what the bill will do and are, instead of defaulting to support, asking for more information and, you know, doing the right thing and trying to research the issue.

...I'm staying out of it though. Nothin' I can do really aside from get mad and sit there...mad. It would be nice if, for some reason, that it passed it blew up so much in the face of companies and it caused real public outcry. ...Doubt it, but eh, that's if it passes. I have a feeling it won't, but if it does it should get challenged immediately. Too many people don't want it that it's likely someone's going to challenge it in court.

Should you stay out of it? Or should you sign petitions, boycott companies that support it, or write your congressmen?

I think that's the problem with many laws. Many congresspeople will be like "Hmm, sounds like a good idea, let's pass it!" and there's a tiny earmark that says "This bill also allows congressman nujob-(R) to become ruler of the world." and no one notices it. Or a bill will come along and it will be for huge tax breaks for ethanol and written by Mr Senator from State-That-Has-Biggest-Corn-Industry who had a huge campaign donation from "Corn Farmers for Ethanol PAC". So bills are started by the people who are bribed by deep pockets to start those bills, and everyone else doesn't read the fine print, even if the fine print has 50 billion loopholes for every greedy corporation to exploit to hell, or has some fine print that will screw everyone else. So the whole system's basically shot.

Want to read something stupid? This guy a while back posted over on the SOPA thread on FAF saying "well, if you guys weren't pirating music maybe this law wouldn't have to be written." and it went downhill from there. So he basically starts implying that everyone in that thread who's against SOPA is a music pirate, and completely ignores the fact that SOPA has little to do with real piracy.
Then he quotes from the RIAA website, a true source of unbiased info.
Once again claims that people against SOPA are just whining about not being able to pirate music.
Saying that because people "don't buy an artist's CD yet has their music on their ipod, they MUST have gotten that music through piracy and not, say, itunes".
Once again using a logical fallacy and claiming people in the thread were all music pirates.
And, for the kicker, MAKING UP STATISTICS TO SUPPORT HIS ARUGMENT. Whoo! 37% of music is bought legally? Where did you get that lie?

I suck at debate but it amazes me when I can smell someone's bullshit arguments from a mile away.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:39 am
Psycho Lee
a bit amusing but a bit annoying, but over on FAF, they have a "sexual orientation" thread and the most poll votes go to heterosexual (30%). But if you go into the picture thread, the entire thread is young, ********, stereotypically androgynous gay guys posting shirtless and hitting on each other in posts... like:

"Oh aren't you just a cutie, I want to eat you up"
"no, you're the cute one"
"I want to ******** you now"
"back off he's mine, b***h!"
(and I'm reading their comments in the most lispy voice I can imagine)

I don't think FAF is a place to hook up with people nor do I think the fandom needs more people randomly hooking up for ********. I also think the picture thread needs more women.

Would you prefer hairy redneck beer gut guys hitting on each other and posting pics of themselves in their all leather outfits? I think someone secretly wants a masculine man on man threaaad~! heart

The whole photo thing is unrelated since heterosexuals have less a problem trying to date than homosexuals do due to societal problems. Naturally, homosexuals tend to be more open to online dating because you can be "anonymous guy with sexy photo from Georgia" over risking your safety and/or relationships with the whole coming out thing while trying to go to bars and date the same sex. It's a symptom of societal issues and convenience over statistics or anything else.

Psycho Lee
Should you stay out of it? Or should you sign petitions, boycott companies that support it, or write your congressmen?

I can stop buying things from companies that support the bill, but that's the extent of my influence.
People have long sent letters to their congressmen and the congressmen don't care since their aids send out general mass email replies.
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2011/12/16/senator-mccains-form-letter-response-to-my-letter-about-sopa/

To be honest I didn't read much of that because, as you say, it's stupidity. It's also just going to make you angry and there's not much that you can do about them in the first place.

If they truly won't accept any sort of facts in a clear and concisely written up manner, then just up and tell it like it is for everyone to see. You gave facts, they ignored it, don't accept them, or do not provide counter facts and therefore are hopeless and incapable of arguing, much less proving, anything. Therefore, they are best ignored. That hurts them where it hurts the most.

Regardless, they aren't your target audience. Your target audience is the general public. So, if you can, try and make it a news story. Contact your local news station and present them with a short piece written that explains within a minute what SOPA is, and why it's going to negatively effect the general public. That doesn't mean just sites like youtube, but also facebook, myspace, -and- potentially political websites and more. It is also taking away their right to free speech (well, sorta, depends and it's kinda sticky since it's both public and private... It's the private that can censor all it wants while the public can't...which...is sticky and I don't want to get into it). Just make it super easy for the journalists, get maybe a local professor to go on camera even for a local news station. Just get the public upset, because right now they don't care because they don't know or understand what it is and why it's bad.  

Garek Maxwell

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:11 am
Alright, guess I'll make a post here.
Several things are currently going on in my life.

One is that I have a birthday coming up soon.
And I'll be twenty.
Even sooner than that though is my sinus surgery.

I don't wanna be twenty.
Yeah, yeah, one step closer to legally drinking.
Blah, blah, my life is just starting.
But no.
I don't wanna grow up.
I don't wanna be an "adult".
I'd rather enjoy sitting here, blissfully unaware of the world's major problems.
I don't even know how to ******** drive yet.
And I'm expected by my family and friends to handle my own ******** that.
I want to be taken care of, with certain liberties (of course).

I'm selfish, so sue me.

I'm also worried about my surgery.
This is like my seventh one of the same sort, but I'm scared shitless for some reason this time around.
I don't know why, nor can I pinpoint the source of my fear.
I just know it's there and it's bugging the s**t out of me.

All of these anxieties are also making things tense between my boyfriend and I.
My temper has been flaring more and more and I feel like we're drifting apart.
Now, this is only over the span of less than a week (so anything feels "wrong" in that time frame), but it still worries me.
Doubts from when we first started out, almost four years ago, are resurfacing.
I'm so bitchy.
And I'm not even on "that time of the month".
I just don't know what's wrong with me.
I want to be happy, for him and myself, but I can't manage it for more than an hour.
I think I'm getting depressed again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:44 pm
Garek Maxwell

Would you prefer hairy redneck beer gut guys hitting on each other and posting pics of themselves in their all leather outfits? I think someone secretly wants a masculine man on man threaaad~! heart

I'd prefer more women to post... and I'd prefer more PEOPLE to post. It's just become a huge dating and flirting thread, rather than just a photo thread. which makes me wonder if some gays just join the fandom to find boyfriends (wouldn't surprise me).

I know the dating world for gays is harder but there are dating sites that allow same sex searches (okcupid I've seen some lgbt people use).

Garek Maxwell

To be honest I didn't read much of that because, as you say, it's stupidity. It's also just going to make you angry and there's not much that you can do about them in the first place.

If they truly won't accept any sort of facts in a clear and concisely written up manner, then just up and tell it like it is for everyone to see. You gave facts, they ignored it, don't accept them, or do not provide counter facts and therefore are hopeless and incapable of arguing, much less proving, anything. Therefore, they are best ignored. That hurts them where it hurts the most.

You should read it. it's popcorn-munching entertainment.

But the thing is so many people think like him. Making up statistics that "sound right". Thinking that anyone who's against a bill that "sounds good" must want to do illegal or bad things, without bothering to read the bill or understand it. "Oh, well this bill is called the 'PROTECT KIDS FROM PREDATORS' act, so anyone who's against it must want to molest children." and the bill actually forces everyone to, say, register their true identities online wherever they go, and the government can tract your online movement, for example. And said person would say "I have nothing to hide, why should I worry?" ignoring the violations of privacy. Which is odd for a conservative to do as the whole idea of conservatism is to be weary of big government and government's restrictions on freedom and privacy. And yet most Republicans don't act that way.

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:53 pm
DarkWolfLove
I don't wanna be twenty.
Yeah, yeah, one step closer to legally drinking.
Blah, blah, my life is just starting.
But no.
I don't wanna grow up.
I don't wanna be an "adult".
I'd rather enjoy sitting here, blissfully unaware of the world's major problems.
I don't even know how to ******** drive yet.
And I'm expected by my family and friends to handle my own ******** that.
I want to be taken care of, with certain liberties (of course).

I'm kinda similar, except I'm 25 and I don't want to be older because I feel like the older I get the closer to death I get and the more of my life is wasted alone. sad I want a boyfriend.

But in case you're wondering, you never really have to be aware of the world's problems. Honestly, you 'can' just wall yourself off from it all by not watching the TV news and such. Best part? You really and truly aren't missing anything. Nothing changes. I've gone months without listening/watching TV news, and when I do it's literally the same thing over and over again. On top of all of that, no one can honestly fault you for it because your quality of life is more important than knowing representative X is doing something stupid again.

Drive will...take time but you'll get used to it. I don't like driving either really. It's okay, but...eh. To me, it's a waste of time since I'm just sitting there trying to get from A to B without getting into a wreck. It's incredibly pointless and it would be better if there was a really good train network. Then I could at least do something more enjoyable or important while traveling. Oh well...

DarkWolfLove
I'm also worried about my surgery.
This is like my seventh one of the same sort, but I'm scared shitless for some reason this time around.
I don't know why, nor can I pinpoint the source of my fear.
I just know it's there and it's bugging the s**t out of me.

Maybe it's because you think there may be something wrong since it has to be done so much? Or you're worried that something could go wrong right when you're about to be more of an adult? Best guess would be you're worried about some kind of loss here anyway.

DarkWolfLove
I want to be happy, for him and myself, but I can't manage it for more than an hour.
I think I'm getting depressed again.

Could also just be depression with anxiety. Those don't mix well. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 pm
Psycho Lee
I'd prefer more women to post... and I'd prefer more PEOPLE to post. It's just become a huge dating and flirting thread, rather than just a photo thread. which makes me wonder if some gays just join the fandom to find boyfriends (wouldn't surprise me).

I know the dating world for gays is harder but there are dating sites that allow same sex searches (okcupid I've seen some lgbt people use).

Well, I've seen lots of threads, not just photo threads, turn into that or something like that particularly with gay men. Just happens. Plus, dating sites come with lots of stigma and they're not as exciting. I mean that for all groups, because it sounds more exciting to say "I was talking about X on Y site and we discovered we were meant for each other! What are the odds?" versus "I found X on dating site Y". It's the spontaneity of the whole thing.

Psycho Lee
You should read it. it's popcorn-munching entertainment.

I don't read it for the same reason I don't listen to Republicans any more. Same stuff, nothing changes, and it's all stupidity that ends up irritating me. xp

Psycho Lee
But the thing is so many people think like him. Making up statistics that "sound right". Thinking that anyone who's against a bill that "sounds good" must want to do illegal or bad things, without bothering to read the bill or understand it. "Oh, well this bill is called the 'PROTECT KIDS FROM PREDATORS' act, so anyone who's against it must want to molest children." and the bill actually forces everyone to, say, register their true identities online wherever they go, and the government can tract your online movement, for example. And said person would say "I have nothing to hide, why should I worry?" ignoring the violations of privacy. Which is odd for a conservative to do as the whole idea of conservatism is to be weary of big government and government's restrictions on freedom and privacy. And yet most Republicans don't act that way.

Pretty much. I always find it odd that conservatives are against big government but are perfectly fine having big government tell you who you can and can't marry, support a single religious view (not even all of Christianity, but only a very specific flavor of Christianity which should sound alarms to begin with), wire tap phones, spy on you on the internets, and just all that hypocrisy.

Again, nothing changes so why bother listening to them?  

Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:26 pm
Saw the dermatologist today. I have a form of psoriasis. Got some cream and steroids to get rid of the rash.

...I have to stop using all my Bath & Body Works products though. emo  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:26 pm
Garek Maxwell

::ears p***k up:: This comment is relevant to mah interests. ♥

. . . I have nothing else of value to contribute. X3 Well, I guess I could post a general life update:

We're 100% moved in to our new place! Our friends came and helped us move, and it went really smoothly-- especially considering it was basically a last-minute thing. Got the Internet and DirecTV all hooked up & fully operational, and we're currently watching the original "Italian Job" on Netflix. As far as work, mandatory overtime is getting cut down, and mandatory weekends will (if our manager gets his way) soon be a thing of the past. Overall, things are going pretty well right now. :3

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Megalo Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 am
Psycho Lee
Tuberculasers
I ******** quit my fa. :/
My stupid piece of s**t ex-boyfriend is still following me around thinking he's the coolest person ever trying to stir up s**t with me.

I dumped him because I found out he was posing as me on the Internet. Taking credit for my art and accepting requests from people that he never followed through on because, duh he can't draw. He was posting inappropriate pictures of me waaay back from when we first met because he was closetgay as ******** and using them to get attention and d**k pics from guys.

You know, I read through this a couple times and kept stopping on the "inappropriate pictures" part. sweatdrop
You would, wouldn't you? rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:50 am
Sunegami
Garek Maxwell

::ears p***k up:: This comment is relevant to mah interests. ♥

. . . I have nothing else of value to contribute. X3 Well, I guess I could post a general life update:

We're 100% moved in to our new place! Our friends came and helped us move, and it went really smoothly-- especially considering it was basically a last-minute thing. Got the Internet and DirecTV all hooked up & fully operational, and we're currently watching the original "Italian Job" on Netflix. As far as work, mandatory overtime is getting cut down, and mandatory weekends will (if our manager gets his way) soon be a thing of the past. Overall, things are going pretty well right now. :3

I hear ya' gurrl~! heart
(Though my personal tastes are a leeeettle different and a bit broader than that description. ninja )

Glad your move went well. It didn't sound like it was going to go well at all last you mentioned it. Also, yay for internet! That's the most important thing to get hooked up. biggrin

shoki_de_nai
Saw the dermatologist today. I have a form of psoriasis. Got some cream and steroids to get rid of the rash.

Good luck with the cream!
Regardless of what happens, don't let a silly rash hold you back. You can totally be more outgoing and such and no one will really care because it's all about your personality and niceness and stuff. biggrin
...That's a better thing I should have said before, but I'm saying it now! heart

Tuberculasers
Psycho Lee

You would, wouldn't you? rolleyes

Now now, let's be fair here. Most people would depending upon their preference and the sex matched that preference. Heck, even without the naughtiness I have a bizarre curiosity of what certain people on FA look like in real life. I don't know why, but I guess it's a desire to put a real face to the works that inspire. razz  

Garek Maxwell

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm
Garek Maxwell
I hear ya' gurrl~! heart
(Though my personal tastes are a leeeettle different and a bit broader than that description. ninja )

Glad your move went well. It didn't sound like it was going to go well at all last you mentioned it. Also, yay for internet! That's the most important thing to get hooked up. biggrin

Two of my friends are totally a bear couple. I feel like such a stereotypical "f** hag" (no offense meant if you're not fond of that term) when I hang out with them, but they're just so cute! 4laugh

Yea, I think part of it was just me freaking out at that whole last-minute-ness of it all. It went quite well, all things considered. X3

Garek Maxwell
Heck, even without the naughtiness I have a bizarre curiosity of what certain people on FA look like in real life. I don't know why, but I guess it's a desire to put a real face to the works that inspire. razz

Same here! You're definitely not alone. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:51 pm
Garek Maxwell

shoki_de_nai

Good luck with the cream!
Regardless of what happens, don't let a silly rash hold you back. You can totally be more outgoing and such and no one will really care because it's all about your personality and niceness and stuff. biggrin
...That's a better thing I should have said before, but I'm saying it now! heart

Thanks, I appreciate it. And the medicine seems to be working, I feel a lot better...Even though I'm getting some side effects from the steroids. xp  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:29 am
I finished story mode in Assassin's Creed: Revelations last night. Holy s**t. I have no words. What a crazy and amazing game. ♥ ♥  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games