Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:46 pm
Tuberculasers
Psycho Lee
Tuberculasers
I ******** quit my fa. :/
My stupid piece of s**t ex-boyfriend is still following me around thinking he's the coolest person ever trying to stir up s**t with me.

I dumped him because I found out he was posing as me on the Internet. Taking credit for my art and accepting requests from people that he never followed through on because, duh he can't draw. He was posting inappropriate pictures of me waaay back from when we first met because he was closetgay as ******** and using them to get attention and d**k pics from guys.

You know, I read through this a couple times and kept stopping on the "inappropriate pictures" part. sweatdrop
You would, wouldn't you? rolleyes

I'm a perv, duh.

Plus, you wouldn't stop talking about my p***s a little while ago. It can't go both ways? razz

Oh, I am totally loving the way the major sites online are blacking out their sites in protest of SOPA. It was a bit extreme, but a great way to get people talking about the bills. It's just too bad they don't do stuff like this more for other causes as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm
The hubby & I helped some friends move from an apartment to their first house today! It was only fair, since they helped us move all our crap. X3 There ended up being almost 20 of us helping, so it took just over 2 hours to get almost everything they wanted over (not all the big things went, as not all of them would have survived the move). We had a few "bucket brigades" down the stairs going at various points, and I actually helped another guy move our friends' deep freeze with the aid of several moving straps and gravity (in a good way, all went well!).

I feel really good about actually being helpful, not just standing around being useless and carrying only light things. X3

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 pm
It's so weird, even though I don't quite identify as gaian or furry as much any more, and even though most of the members here have changed since I was more involved in this guild, I still find that this is a sort of home, where I learned important parts of growing up, and where I can visit and occasionally post (or just stalk.) I really couldn't think of anyone else to talk to about this dilemma. That being said, here it is:

In keeping with the theme, let's call her "Vulture". We became friends years ago, best friends. I was really excited to go to college near her. I was sad but grudgingly accepted when I started to realize that she progressively mostly wanted to be friends with other people, people more sexually and alcoholically active than I.

Then she pissed off those people, and called me, and I listened to how upset she was to lose a group of friends. Maybe we could be friends again.

Nope, Vulture found another group. OK, good for her. Then she pissed -them- off too.
She posted in her LiveJournal about how upset she was, how she was crying...this went on tragically for months, pages tear-stained and coruminating. She posted how alone she feels, how tragically friendless. I texted her and told her that I was there for her, and she acknowledged it.

But she remained unresponsive in general, she didn't come to my birthday, and she talked heaps of s**t (PATENTLY FALSE s**t) about me behind my back. Not interested in me being there for her, clearly, yet the lonliness and sobbing continued.

So, you're probably thinking, "Clearly she doesn't like you, just leave her alone.
And I get that.

The problem is, if someone is a b***h to you, does that really mean you should let them drown? This got so serious that she went to therapy, got prescription and other drugs, and even contemplated suicide. When you're holding a rope above someone and they tell you to ******** off, do you stand there until they take hold? Do you just close your eyes until the flailing stops?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:05 am
Zella L.
It's so weird, even though I don't quite identify as gaian or furry as much any more, and even though most of the members here have changed since I was more involved in this guild, I still find that this is a sort of home, where I learned important parts of growing up, and where I can visit and occasionally post (or just stalk.) I really couldn't think of anyone else to talk to about this dilemma. That being said, here it is:

In keeping with the theme, let's call her "Vulture". We became friends years ago, best friends. I was really excited to go to college near her. I was sad but grudgingly accepted when I started to realize that she progressively mostly wanted to be friends with other people, people more sexually and alcoholically active than I.

Then she pissed off those people, and called me, and I listened to how upset she was to lose a group of friends. Maybe we could be friends again.

Nope, Vulture found another group. OK, good for her. Then she pissed -them- off too.
She posted in her LiveJournal about how upset she was, how she was crying...this went on tragically for months, pages tear-stained and coruminating. She posted how alone she feels, how tragically friendless. I texted her and told her that I was there for her, and she acknowledged it.

But she remained unresponsive in general, she didn't come to my birthday, and she talked heaps of s**t (PATENTLY FALSE s**t) about me behind my back. Not interested in me being there for her, clearly, yet the lonliness and sobbing continued.

So, you're probably thinking, "Clearly she doesn't like you, just leave her alone.
And I get that.

The problem is, if someone is a b***h to you, does that really mean you should let them drown? This got so serious that she went to therapy, got prescription and other drugs, and even contemplated suicide. When you're holding a rope above someone and they tell you to ******** off, do you stand there until they take hold? Do you just close your eyes until the flailing stops?

It would depend on how close to the person I was at the time. There have certainly been times when I have just kept with it and bear hugged (mentally, not physically) them until they stopped it.

It sounds like she has a lot of manipulative tendencies and your attention wasn't the one she was seeking. You can either take a step back from her and let her know you are there and leave it at that, or you can actively pursue friendship. It sounds like she has "dumped" you a few times, so I don;t know what your feelings are moving forward.

Do you want to be the better person and stick by her? Or not want to risk her leaving you in the dust when someone else comes up that she's more interested in?

Also..she needs to grow up smile But otherwise, personally speaking, it would depend. I've been through bad s**t with people only to have them leave me with a mess to clean up. I'd say some were worth it in that they eventually came around to being friends again. Others, I've washed my hands of them and thank goodness I did.  

Rainey_angel81

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:52 pm
So my husband was trying to make me some homemade mac & cheese for dinner. . . and the stove stopped working in the middle of him making the cheese rue. And now our heat won't turn back on. Wonderful. XP  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:58 pm
Sunegami
So my husband was trying to make me some homemade mac & cheese for dinner. . . and the stove stopped working in the middle of him making the cheese rue. And now our heat won't turn back on. Wonderful. XP

Stove?! What is this, the 20th century? Every home of tomorrow comes equipped with a microwave so you can cook with the cosmic death rays of Russian satellites! You should be able to get one at the local drive-through radio-tronics store on your way back from the drive-through butcher. 3nodding  

Garek Maxwell

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm
Garek Maxwell
Stove?! What is this, the 20th century? Every home of tomorrow comes equipped with a microwave so you can cook with the cosmic death rays of Russian satellites! You should be able to get one at the local drive-through radio-tronics store on your way back from the drive-through butcher. 3nodding

Bah! Real chefs (aka my hubby, not me X3) shun the microwave! Also, rouxs (is there a plural of "roux"? X3) are quite temperamental, and only a stove top is enough to tame them. ;3

Also, a drive-through butcher would be awesome. I need to see if I can find one around here. X3

Also, heat and stove are still not working tonight, even after fiddling with the circuit breakers in the basement. The landlord is supposed to be calling someone tomorrow, so fingers crossed that it will be done by the time I get home from work (about 5p EST).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm
Sunegami
Bah! Real chefs (aka my hubby, not me X3) shun the microwave! Also, rouxs (is there a plural of "roux"? X3) are quite temperamental, and only a stove top is enough to tame them. ;3

Also, a drive-through butcher would be awesome. I need to see if I can find one around here. X3

Also, heat and stove are still not working tonight, even after fiddling with the circuit breakers in the basement. The landlord is supposed to be calling someone tomorrow, so fingers crossed that it will be done by the time I get home from work (about 5p EST).

But you can nuke your nuka noodles in 5 minutes or less! crying

Well, apparently this is what drive-thru grocery stores were going to look like:
http://davidszondy.com/future/Living/drive_in.htm
But googling them as a joke to see if there were more pictures like that, I found drive-thru grocers in the real world. eek
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2968375770_45d1bb0955_o.png
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1348764

No idea if there ever was or is a drive-thru butcher though. x3
Good luck with the stove! Maybe it'll be an easy repair? ...or in the mean time maybe it's time real chef's learned to appreciate the world of tomorrow with better cooking through invisible death rays. xp  

Garek Maxwell

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 pm
Garek Maxwell
But you can nuke your nuka noodles in 5 minutes or less! crying

Well, apparently this is what drive-thru grocery stores were going to look like:
http://davidszondy.com/future/Living/drive_in.htm
But googling them as a joke to see if there were more pictures like that, I found drive-thru grocers in the real world. eek
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/2968375770_45d1bb0955_o.png
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1348764

No idea if there ever was or is a drive-thru butcher though. x3
Good luck with the stove! Maybe it'll be an easy repair? ...or in the mean time maybe it's time real chef's learned to appreciate the world of tomorrow with better cooking through invisible death rays. xp

Ahhh, I love that '50s drive-through concept! Would make my life a lot easier. X3

My husband's theory is that the oven part of the stove is what's causing the problem. The indicator lights for the burners come on, but no heat comes out of them; same with the heating thermostat (lights and indicators come on, but the heat doesn't kick on). Nothing at all happens when we turn the knob for the oven part, though-- no light, no heat, no nuthin'. XP

So, yea, stuff's still not fixed, and I'm kind of peeved. Not surprised, though; our landlord tends to drag his feet a lot. Incredibly frustrating. My husband's gonna call him when he gets home from work tonight (which, hopefully, will be in the next half-hour). XP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:53 pm
Rainey_angel81

It would depend on how close to the person I was at the time. There have certainly been times when I have just kept with it and bear hugged (mentally, not physically) them until they stopped it.

It sounds like she has a lot of manipulative tendencies and your attention wasn't the one she was seeking. You can either take a step back from her and let her know you are there and leave it at that, or you can actively pursue friendship. It sounds like she has "dumped" you a few times, so I don;t know what your feelings are moving forward.

Do you want to be the better person and stick by her? Or not want to risk her leaving you in the dust when someone else comes up that she's more interested in?

Also..she needs to grow up smile But otherwise, personally speaking, it would depend. I've been through bad s**t with people only to have them leave me with a mess to clean up. I'd say some were worth it in that they eventually came around to being friends again. Others, I've washed my hands of them and thank goodness I did.

Thanks bud. I figure I'm just gonna stop talking to her, and if she starts talking to me I'll tell her that I'm not going to emotionally invest and give her advice if she doesn't like me anyway.
She just came back from the ER from abusing prescription drugs, but the good news is I don't feel like I could have stopped that.  

Zella L.

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:36 pm
Zella L.

Thanks bud. I figure I'm just gonna stop talking to her, and if she starts talking to me I'll tell her that I'm not going to emotionally invest and give her advice if she doesn't like me anyway.

Sounds like a good plan.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:25 am
rofl rofl rofl  

unknownuser2

Beloved Friend

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:30 pm
We finally got the heat & stove working yesterday! It turns out that the problem was one of the fuses in the basement; all we had to do was buy a replacement from Home Depot (2-pack for less than $12) and pop it back in ourselves. Yay for easy fixes! X3

We did get advice over the phone from an electrician, and we told him he could bill our landlord as if he had done the repair himself (our landlord is stingy, and the guy was really helpful).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:40 pm
Oh my god. I'm shocking everyone  

Af Mas

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:49 pm
*is shocked! But not really*  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games