Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alyss Shadows

Demonic Sex Symbol

8,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:40 pm
User Image
════════════════════════
Dionysia Ivy Lamont

First Year ~ (House) ~ Muggleborn

════════════════════════

Di hurried into the room, and stopped cold. She had never seen a room so enormous. It reminded her of the forest, and the lights above her was the enormous sky. She did a double-take and realized the ceiling was the sky. "Magic is so . . . extraordinary," she whispered to herself. She glanced around at the other decorations. Medieval look, just like the castle itself. There were four tables extending to the end of the room filled to the brim with students. They were screaming so loudly and cheering that it almost hurt her ears. Di couldn't decide whether she felt shy or excited, but she was feeling something. Her heart raced as she passed lads and lassies not much older than her, and some that could be adults. Some smiled at her, some sneered, and even others ignored her completely.
As one of the last students in line, Di was among the last to see the weathered hat. When it spoke, she jumped in surprise. "This world is insane," Di muttered right before her name was called. A young looking woman stood before her, with brown hair.
"Dionysia Ivy Lamont?" the teacher called a second time. Di took a breath, and then walked to the hat. She sat down on the wooden stool and took another breath. She could do this. She could do anything.

════════════════════════

Personality:
I guess that if I was to sum me up I would call myself the product of Insane and Curiosity, leading to a lot of trouble. I stick my nose in other people's business too often, but it usually turns out okay. I am friendly to others, and like to be assertive in friendships. However, I get moments in which I want to avoid everyone, especially if I'm reminded of my mother. I care very deeply, and am quite compassionate about something. I can never do something half-way, and instead put my full effort into my passions.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:40 am
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
xxxx<1st Year>

Time: Start of the 2029-2030 School Year
Dressed: Plain School Robes
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
When her name was called, Sera's breath caught just a moment in her throat as she stepped forward. She could have sworn she felt critical eyes on her from the Ravenclaw table-was it the future heir? David Sinclair Avery? Perhaps... but she was sure it might have been mentioned another Avery was coming. Or maybe it slipped his mind? His mother had just died and he had just gotten engaged before that. And they said he was Head Boy now. She thought she felt a glance from the Hufflepuff table-but she was probably imagining that, after all, wasn't it said that the one Hufflepuff in the family was an airhead? Well, it made sense: Hufflepuffs were all supposed to be a bit empty headed. That is what she had always heard. Then she thought she felt eyes on her from the Slytherin table, that would probably be the Chaisty girl that basically her great grandparents took in. The one who seemed to be doing so perfect. The one who had apparently won over the Lillantine heir with her charms enough that his mother suggested they be matched.

Maybe it was the whole table? Averys were Slytherins. And it was an old, good and proper family (well good as in pure). Or they were all Slytherins until her Great Aunt, the one who had just gotten herself murdered, who married the squib sent two of her children to Hogwarts and they get sorted into other houses. It only would have been worse if one of them end up in Gryffindor. Well there was still one girl left to attend Hogwarts... it sort of made Sera curious on the fate of the family and their plans with the changing of a tide. Well, Sera wasn't that interested in breaking all the rules and traditions of her family and would be perfectly happy in Slytherin. After all it seemed the most home-like to her and the most like the people she had been around most her life, the right and proper friends to associate with and all that. She sat down on the stool and waited for the hat to be placed on her head, and then held her head up, eyes beginning to scan the tables across from her as she tried to calculate how much of the traits each house had were glaringly obvious (and perhaps exaggerated) to what traits tended to pass a less observant eye. And she waited for the verdict of the hat as she looked out at the sea of students in front of her, wondering what path the hat would first place her on-and quite frankly not seeing why it wouldn't be Slytherin. Averys were supposed to be Slytherins, after all.

Quote:
Personality:
xxxClever: Sera is clever. She is good with puzzles, but her real strength is not manipulating shapes or numbers to sort through, but people. Over her life of being expected to be in the background for being a girl, she has gained a good feel for what makes people tic and at Charms school worked to hone the skill more when among her own peers.
xxxWell-Spoken: Sera was educated in proper English and pronunciation, as well as public speaking. Not ever a particularly shy child, this education Sera uses to win over both her peers and adults often.
xxxTactical: Sera has a love for military history she picked up from reading and typical studies. She loves to read about battles such as the battle of Hogwarts and analyze how each side could have done better to win. As a result, she's not a good one to play a chess match against or even cards (if you want to win that is), and she is quite ruthless in Wizarding Chess.
xxxDriven and Competitive: Sera has always been determined to do the best she can in all situations, and is unhappy to be ever less than first in any contest.
xxxPolite: Being educated in decent manners (especially by her grandmother and great grandmother), Sera knows the difference between a salad fork and a desert fork, but she also knows how to smile and hold a pleasant conversation despite the company and finds it much easier than starting necessary arguments from not being able to hold her tongue when needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:34 am
I’m just a believer
That things will get better
Some can take it or leave it
But I don’t wanna let it go
User ImageXXXXXXUser Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє sιиɢℓє υиcσиғιиє∂

Gia hadn't complained when the train ride to Scotland took literally all day, they were crossing boarders on a steam track, even with magic it was a rather impressive time schedule. She hadn't complained when she had to ride in a boat that looked like it was part of the Ark that helped Noah survive the flood, and then she hadn't even blinked at the mention of a giant squid living in the danky ranky lake but this? This is where she would put in a very strongly worded letter. A hat? She was supposed to be sorted into her House, which according to the books is rather important here, by a hat that looks as if the mere mention of soap runs it away. And she was supposed to put it on her head and that would be the end of it. No wonder wizards didn't have electricity, they'd probably use it as an automatic arse wiper! She let out a semi-disgusted sigh as she waited her turn seeing the different colored tables either clap enthusiastically or halfheartedly. She'd rather they didn't clap at all if they weren't at least going to be supportive. Finally it would seem her name was called and Gia walked up to the Vice Principal, or Deputy Head, she'd really have to remember that, and sat upon the stool and just barely resisted a shudder as the hat was placed upon her head obscuring her view of the Hall. 'Better make it worth my while Mr. Hat.'

■ HEADSTRONG Once she's put her mind to it, it's going to be done, broken bones be damned. She hates when people say they're going to do something but back out at the last minute. To her, people who go back on their word are lower than scum.
      ■ INQUISITIVE She loves figuring out how things work or tick and she especially loves taking things apart just to put them back together. They may not work the exact same way but that's just part of the fun.
      ■ SLY She's a cunning individual who's used to getting what she wants. This may seem rather bratty and spoiled and while she's far from it, she's knows how to use her guile or even subtly manipulate into getting primarily whatever it was she wanted.
      ■ PATIENT It's a trait not many have that Gia uses to her advantage. She can sit for hours working one problem or puzzle or even worse, she can sit in wait after she's been wronged planning the perfect revenge.
      ■ FREE THINKER It's more that she thinks outside the box, or rather just ignores that there was such a box, than she is a "free thinker." Why would she waste brain potential imagining a box or trying to follow someone else's plans or thoughts when she could demolish it all and build or think whatever the hell she wants?!
      ■ NEUTRAL Right and wrong, left and right, good and evil, blahblahblah it all meant the same thing to her. They were trying to box her in and make her believe and follow some "one size fits all" philosophy and she just doesn't roll that way. As far as she's concerned, every person she meets is a blank slate until they do something to raise their worth or piss her off. She pretty much has the same ideal with politics choosing to pick and choose the policies she supports rather than aligning herself with just one party or person.

Wearing △Where ~Great Hall △With ~A tattered hat △What ~Being sorted apparently △Thoughts ~I wonder if there's a sock that gives life advice △OOC ~
I’ve never been that lucky
I’ve never tasted fame
I’m always lookin’ for something
But I hate changin’

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:08 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Alyss Shadows
User Image
════════════════════════
Dionysia Ivy Lamont

First Year ~ (House) ~ Muggleborn

════════════════════════

Di hurried into the room, and stopped cold. She had never seen a room so enormous. It reminded her of the forest, and the lights above her was the enormous sky. She did a double-take and realized the ceiling was the sky. "Magic is so . . . extraordinary," she whispered to herself. She glanced around at the other decorations. Medieval look, just like the castle itself. There were four tables extending to the end of the room filled to the brim with students. They were screaming so loudly and cheering that it almost hurt her ears. Di couldn't decide whether she felt shy or excited, but she was feeling something. Her heart raced as she passed lads and lassies not much older than her, and some that could be adults. Some smiled at her, some sneered, and even others ignored her completely.
As one of the last students in line, Di was among the last to see the weathered hat. When it spoke, she jumped in surprise. "This world is insane," Di muttered right before her name was called. A young looking woman stood before her, with brown hair.
"Dionysia Ivy Lamont?" the teacher called a second time. Di took a breath, and then walked to the hat. She sat down on the wooden stool and took another breath. She could do this. She could do anything.

════════════════════════

Personality:
I guess that if I was to sum me up I would call myself the product of Insane and Curiosity, leading to a lot of trouble. I stick my nose in other people's business too often, but it usually turns out okay. I am friendly to others, and like to be assertive in friendships. However, I get moments in which I want to avoid everyone, especially if I'm reminded of my mother. I care very deeply, and am quite compassionate about something. I can never do something half-way, and instead put my full effort into my passions.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Troublesome and a bit nosy,
However, you are a friendly sort and care deeply,
I can see one place you can direct your passions...

Hufflepuff!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:11 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

mc2
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
xxxx<1st Year>

Time: Start of the 2029-2030 School Year
Dressed: Plain School Robes
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
When her name was called, Sera's breath caught just a moment in her throat as she stepped forward. She could have sworn she felt critical eyes on her from the Ravenclaw table-was it the future heir? David Sinclair Avery? Perhaps... but she was sure it might have been mentioned another Avery was coming. Or maybe it slipped his mind? His mother had just died and he had just gotten engaged before that. And they said he was Head Boy now. She thought she felt a glance from the Hufflepuff table-but she was probably imagining that, after all, wasn't it said that the one Hufflepuff in the family was an airhead? Well, it made sense: Hufflepuffs were all supposed to be a bit empty headed. That is what she had always heard. Then she thought she felt eyes on her from the Slytherin table, that would probably be the Chaisty girl that basically her great grandparents took in. The one who seemed to be doing so perfect. The one who had apparently won over the Lillantine heir with her charms enough that his mother suggested they be matched.

Maybe it was the whole table? Averys were Slytherins. And it was an old, good and proper family (well good as in pure). Or they were all Slytherins until her Great Aunt, the one who had just gotten herself murdered, who married the squib sent two of her children to Hogwarts and they get sorted into other houses. It only would have been worse if one of them end up in Gryffindor. Well there was still one girl left to attend Hogwarts... it sort of made Sera curious on the fate of the family and their plans with the changing of a tide. Well, Sera wasn't that interested in breaking all the rules and traditions of her family and would be perfectly happy in Slytherin. After all it seemed the most home-like to her and the most like the people she had been around most her life, the right and proper friends to associate with and all that. She sat down on the stool and waited for the hat to be placed on her head, and then held her head up, eyes beginning to scan the tables across from her as she tried to calculate how much of the traits each house had were glaringly obvious (and perhaps exaggerated) to what traits tended to pass a less observant eye. And she waited for the verdict of the hat as she looked out at the sea of students in front of her, wondering what path the hat would first place her on-and quite frankly not seeing why it wouldn't be Slytherin. Averys were supposed to be Slytherins, after all.

Quote:
Personality:
xxxClever: Sera is clever. She is good with puzzles, but her real strength is not manipulating shapes or numbers to sort through, but people. Over her life of being expected to be in the background for being a girl, she has gained a good feel for what makes people tic and at Charms school worked to hone the skill more when among her own peers.
xxxWell-Spoken: Sera was educated in proper English and pronunciation, as well as public speaking. Not ever a particularly shy child, this education Sera uses to win over both her peers and adults often.
xxxTactical: Sera has a love for military history she picked up from reading and typical studies. She loves to read about battles such as the battle of Hogwarts and analyze how each side could have done better to win. As a result, she's not a good one to play a chess match against or even cards (if you want to win that is), and she is quite ruthless in Wizarding Chess.
xxxDriven and Competitive: Sera has always been determined to do the best she can in all situations, and is unhappy to be ever less than first in any contest.
xxxPolite: Being educated in decent manners (especially by her grandmother and great grandmother), Sera knows the difference between a salad fork and a desert fork, but she also knows how to smile and hold a pleasant conversation despite the company and finds it much easier than starting necessary arguments from not being able to hold her tongue when needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Clever and well-spoken,
With a will to succeed,
I believe the house of your forebears is a good one here...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:17 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Yukina101
I’m just a believer
That things will get better
Some can take it or leave it
But I don’t wanna let it go
User ImageXXXXXXUser Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє sιиɢℓє υиcσиғιиє∂

Gia hadn't complained when the train ride to Scotland took literally all day, they were crossing boarders on a steam track, even with magic it was a rather impressive time schedule. She hadn't complained when she had to ride in a boat that looked like it was part of the Ark that helped Noah survive the flood, and then she hadn't even blinked at the mention of a giant squid living in the danky ranky lake but this? This is where she would put in a very strongly worded letter. A hat? She was supposed to be sorted into her House, which according to the books is rather important here, by a hat that looks as if the mere mention of soap runs it away. And she was supposed to put it on her head and that would be the end of it. No wonder wizards didn't have electricity, they'd probably use it as an automatic arse wiper! She let out a semi-disgusted sigh as she waited her turn seeing the different colored tables either clap enthusiastically or halfheartedly. She'd rather they didn't clap at all if they weren't at least going to be supportive. Finally it would seem her name was called and Gia walked up to the Vice Principal, or Deputy Head, she'd really have to remember that, and sat upon the stool and just barely resisted a shudder as the hat was placed upon her head obscuring her view of the Hall. 'Better make it worth my while Mr. Hat.'

■ HEADSTRONG Once she's put her mind to it, it's going to be done, broken bones be damned. She hates when people say they're going to do something but back out at the last minute. To her, people who go back on their word are lower than scum.
      ■ INQUISITIVE She loves figuring out how things work or tick and she especially loves taking things apart just to put them back together. They may not work the exact same way but that's just part of the fun.
      ■ SLY She's a cunning individual who's used to getting what she wants. This may seem rather bratty and spoiled and while she's far from it, she's knows how to use her guile or even subtly manipulate into getting primarily whatever it was she wanted.
      ■ PATIENT It's a trait not many have that Gia uses to her advantage. She can sit for hours working one problem or puzzle or even worse, she can sit in wait after she's been wronged planning the perfect revenge.
      ■ FREE THINKER It's more that she thinks outside the box, or rather just ignores that there was such a box, than she is a "free thinker." Why would she waste brain potential imagining a box or trying to follow someone else's plans or thoughts when she could demolish it all and build or think whatever the hell she wants?!
      ■ NEUTRAL Right and wrong, left and right, good and evil, blahblahblah it all meant the same thing to her. They were trying to box her in and make her believe and follow some "one size fits all" philosophy and she just doesn't roll that way. As far as she's concerned, every person she meets is a blank slate until they do something to raise their worth or piss her off. She pretty much has the same ideal with politics choosing to pick and choose the policies she supports rather than aligning herself with just one party or person.

Wearing △Where ~Great Hall △With ~A tattered hat △What ~Being sorted apparently △Thoughts ~I wonder if there's a sock that gives life advice △OOC ~
I’ve never been that lucky
I’ve never tasted fame
I’m always lookin’ for something
But I hate changin’

You believe yourself to be neutral,
When with a mind such as yours you could be anything you wished,
I believe I know where I can put you to give you an edge...

Slytherin!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:17 pm
x
User Image
D R A Y C E I R V I N E ○ ○ ○
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx______pureblood__first year__unsorted__

Deep breaths, deep breaths. Why Drayce was even nervous about something like this was beyond him, because this "sorting" was only an once-in-a-lifetime event that would decide where he would live and flourish for the next seven years of his life. Only. No matter how much the boy told himself that everything will be fine, his jittery composure only seemed to brandish his anxious nature. He could, after all, feel his heartbeat in his throat. That's probably bad.

When his name was called, he shuffled up to the stool, and sat beneath the hat. Almost instantly, he felt like a freakshow or something similar in which hundreds of people stared at him (like having a second head or something), because he was sitting on a platform where everyone could see. But everything should be fine for the boy, because the worst that could happen would be accidentally falling out of the chair. Though that seemed like a possibility for the child.

Quote:
          loyal || And deathly so. Loyalty is a simple nonverbal quality that expresses deep gratitude and friendship. Once Drayce considers someone a friend, he will always be right there beside them through thick and thin.
          stubborn || His beliefs are his, and he isn't really what one might consider "open-minded". If he wants to do something, he will do it, no matter how much others disagree or tell him otherwise. Even if he was wrong, and recognizes that he was wrong, Drayce will keep his mouth shut and hope that people will forget about it.
          prideful || The child loves to be praised, to feel his ego swell with confidence. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he doesn't tolerate failure well and seeks to blame it on all but himself.
          clever || Although Drayce has his stupid moments, he is overall quite intelligent. He is quick-witted and possesses quite the sarcastic attitude.
          protective || Perhaps overly so. Based on his own amorphous criteria, if he deems someone as "weak" or "bully-worthy", he will latch onto them and shield them from all harm.
          playful || Despite his flaws, Drayce is a relaxed being who seeks for nothing but fun.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

strength is but an illusion

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Utsuha Moon
x
User Image
D R A Y C E I R V I N E ○ ○ ○
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx______pureblood__first year__unsorted__

Deep breaths, deep breaths. Why Drayce was even nervous about something like this was beyond him, because this "sorting" was only an once-in-a-lifetime event that would decide where he would live and flourish for the next seven years of his life. Only. No matter how much the boy told himself that everything will be fine, his jittery composure only seemed to brandish his anxious nature. He could, after all, feel his heartbeat in his throat. That's probably bad.

When his name was called, he shuffled up to the stool, and sat beneath the hat. Almost instantly, he felt like a freakshow or something similar in which hundreds of people stared at him (like having a second head or something), because he was sitting on a platform where everyone could see. But everything should be fine for the boy, because the worst that could happen would be accidentally falling out of the chair. Though that seemed like a possibility for the child.

Quote:
          loyal || And deathly so. Loyalty is a simple nonverbal quality that expresses deep gratitude and friendship. Once Drayce considers someone a friend, he will always be right there beside them through thick and thin.
          stubborn || His beliefs are his, and he isn't really what one might consider "open-minded". If he wants to do something, he will do it, no matter how much others disagree or tell him otherwise. Even if he was wrong, and recognizes that he was wrong, Drayce will keep his mouth shut and hope that people will forget about it.
          prideful || The child loves to be praised, to feel his ego swell with confidence. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he doesn't tolerate failure well and seeks to blame it on all but himself.
          clever || Although Drayce has his stupid moments, he is overall quite intelligent. He is quick-witted and possesses quite the sarcastic attitude.
          protective || Perhaps overly so. Based on his own amorphous criteria, if he deems someone as "weak" or "bully-worthy", he will latch onto them and shield them from all harm.
          playful || Despite his flaws, Drayce is a relaxed being who seeks for nothing but fun.

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌

strength is but an illusion

Interesting mix,
Stubborn and prideful,
But you are loyal and protective,
You will do well in this house...

Gryffindor!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:05 am
User Image
HUFFLEPUFF HEAD OF HOUSE || DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS || HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR

It was finally time. Pandora set the Hat on the stool and took out the scroll that listed all of the students' names. She started to call their names and place the Hat on their heads as they came up. The Sorting had begun.

OOC: SORTING IS OPEN~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:25 am
User ImageUser Image
ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀBʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ Dᴇsᴛʀᴏʏᴇᴅᴜɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ʏᴏᴜ sᴛʀᴏɴɢᴇʀ Sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴀʟʟᴇʀ
Dᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ I'ᴍ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴋɪʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs ᴀ ғɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴏᴛsᴛᴇᴘs ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʟɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ
Dᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ I'ᴍ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴᴇ

Gideon waited for what seemed like years in the antechamber, listening to the noise inside swell. With bated breath, he looked at the doors, then at the teacher in charge. She said it was time. Ohlord. He awkwardly gave Rhys a pat on the back, trying to convey to him a sense of calm. Hopefully he didn't have a panic attack! When the doors opened, he walked inside, eyes wide. There were a lot of people. He had managed to be toward the front of the crowd, which was good for not tripping everyone. The tables had the distinct houses, red, green, yellow and blue. Which one would he belong with? Luckily, he didn't have to wait forever until the lady called out his name. "Gideon Reid!" This was it! He maneuvered carefully through the crowd, then sat on the stool. He moved to let his legs free a bit, then held his crutches on his lap. With an excited crescendo, he felt the hat sit upon his head.

⦃Personality: I try to be pretty mellow, but, as with all people, a few things annoy me. I'm decently smart, though nowhere near genius status or anything. I'm decently friendly, though there are people that irk me. All in all, if it weren't for a disability, I'd probably be just another face in the crowd. I don't like pity, and therefore will always try to do things on my own. It doesn't matter what, but with a bit of ingenuity, I'll find a solution. I'm dead loyal, and will always look out for people, even if I detest them. I love adventure, and will even try to explore, despite my legs. You can always count on me to do what I believe is right, regardless of apparent danger. I'm ppretty quick to zone off into daydreams, but if something fascinates me, I'll pay high attention.⦄

{OoC: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:25 am
User Image __________________________________________

User Image User Image

Tentative blue eyes shifted from from skull to skull, so many little heads separated her from the stool and sorting hat. She thought she should fidget, it felt appropriate, but a part of her simply didn't want to move. She was statuesque in marble emotions, carved as it ought to be and not what it was. She wanted excitement, she wanted the p***k of adrenaline to race up and down her spine, instead, she moved listlessly, shuffling like sheep into the herd to await her turn for the branding. Where will she go? With her brother perhaps?; in the den of snakes? Or will it be the proud lions? The loyal badgers? Or the wise eagles?

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: Antechamber 】 【COMPANY:: First Years 】 【ATTIRE:: plain robes and jewelry 】 【STATS:: Eleven, 4'8", 94lbs
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Quote:

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      ■ SECRETIVE Introvert by nature, she's reserved, patient, and observing. She blends into the background like a wallflower, and has a penchant for mysteriously eavesdropping on the worst conversations. Savannah never shows her cards; she's inclined to her own vices, such as misleading others perceptions, talking in riddles, or playing her sordid little "games."

■ INTUITIVE Gut instinct is what drives her, it doesn't have to make sense for her to know it's right. A dropping pit deep in her belly warns her when something bad is about to happen, and the surreal sensation of déjà vu strikes her more often than not. She's empathetic, and has a high understanding of self-identifying her own emotions, and the emotions of others.

■ DETACHED Savannah is a spectator first, and a catalyst second. She lulls into the background to observe, but only thinks to act when given the perfect opportunity. She can disconnect herself from politics and opinions to judge fairly. But because of all this, she can appear cold, aloof, and uncaring to those who don't know her.

■ SENSITIVE Savannah has a delicate self esteem, she doesn't know how to respond well to criticism or bullying, and usually shuts herself in. She sympathizes well with others, and has frequent bouts of guilt when manipulating anyone she perceives as 'innocent.' She'll help others, but only after she's sure that no one else is going to.

■ NURTURING Savannah has a soft spot for plants and creatures, and will often stop to smell the roses. When she loves, she loves unconditionally. She has always offered her brother a shoulder to cry on, to comfort him as best she can every month, when he's just too weak to play.

■ THRILL SEEKER Happiness and excitement are two fickle emotions that Savannah can never hold for long. She stimulates herself with manipulative games and dangerous endeavors. She actively pursues risks; she thrives in a life of variety, intensity, and adventure.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:32 am
When we went off away from the forest-
We did travel far to get a taste of so much more.
We dug up the roots of all the stories...
Put them in a pot and brought them to a fiery roar!
We fed on these things without a worry;
Never gave a thought to the coming of the winter storm.
Gone away, gone away, what was yesterday?
Make a meal, make a bed, tuck your feet in-
And resting elbows twice on a table can be nice;
But the comforts, they can be deceiving.

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺᵁᴺˁᴼᴿᵀᴱᴰ

Cy was impatient and antsy by the time he was actually in the Great Hall, and doing his best to hide it by forcing himself to stand perfectly still and wait his turn to be called up. If he thought 'not Slytherin' hard enough, would the Hat agree? He had his doubts, but it was worth a shot. Being in Slytherin just seemed boring, was all. He'd take any of the other houses over it, honestly. He realized he didn't look quite nervous enough and worked hard to make his expression more loose, uneasy and unsure. When Lillantine was finally reached, he went up with a hopeful, sheepishly timid little grin, pale eyes wide behind his glasses.
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm charming. I’m described as having an innocent, earnest outlook on life. This may or may not be true; I’d rather not comment on that. What I’ll admit is that in addition to being oh so very charming and innocent and earnest is that I’m a wonderful manipulator, and my talent for garnering support for my side of any issue has only increased with age. I’m not just accustomed to being ‘the victim’ in my family (poor Cy, the one everyone thought was a squib, dismissed as ‘the spare’ by his unfeeling father, tormented by his monstrous older brother, condescended to by his cold older sister), I love being the victim. I can’t think of anything better, actually, because everyone loves a very sad story. I’m really patient when it comes to getting my way- I’ve never minded waiting for the right moment, and I hate to rush into things recklessly. I’m a very hard worker in my own right, but if I can get someone else to do the majority of the work for me, I will. I’m a terrible coward, it’s true; I’m the first to back off from a fight, and while I often instigate things, I rarely stick around to finish them, particularly if there’s a good chance I’ll lose. I’m extremely talkative, and sometimes I just can’t help myself. I like to hear the sound of my own voice, is that such a character flaw? I’m much more outgoing than the rest of my family, and I’ll hang around any crowd so long as I see something in it for me. I like to think of myself as open minded and accepting. I don’t have the prejudices and bigotries the rest of my family has, and well, if I did, you can bet I’d do a far better job of masking them. The world’s changing, and while they’re firmly rooted in the past and their concerns of purity and nobility and preserving what’s left, I have other plans. I won’t be just another name on a family tree that, in all honesty, should have been burned down years ago.

OOC:

Now the seasons are not what they once seemed-
The berries all are green though the sun is at a fine high crest...
We lifted our shirts up in a hurry-
Reaching for the belly hollow from the long cold rest!
We slept off all the fat, but they'll be no more of that,
'Cause there must be some disease 'neath the canopy!
Swinging tails from trees, we can gather we need-
Give away what we had a fair share of...
And now the forks and knives with the sacrifice;
With a pair only some can believe in.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:33 am
User ImageUser Image

ℱ𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓨𝒆𝓪𝓻 𝓤𝓷𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽𝒆𝓭 𝓟𝓾𝓻𝒆𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭

Tessa followed the other first years, then waited in the Antechamber of the Great Hall. Luckily, she'd managed to easily break away from Kyson and Emma. They could go off and be friends, but she wanted naught to do with them. Her arms crossed over her chest, the girl's curls staying in place with help from mother's magic. When Professor Thorne informed them it was time to go for sorting, a sly smirk appeared on her lips. Perfect! It was time to get placed in Slytherin and make her family proud. The girl waited in the back, rather impatiently, then perked her ears up to a particular name. "Contessa Linwood!" She happily shoved past all the students on her way to the front. Daintily, she sat on the stool, making sure to cross her ankles. She wanted it to be a picture perfect occasion!

⧑Personality: Tessa holds a belief system that of her family, one of elite standing and sharp social skills. She is often seen as a snide and spoiled child, Contessa feels she must always have undivided attention of those around her. Often it leads to her acting out, as it was one of the few ways to be noticed in a crowd. She is quite cunning, and can usually manipulate those with weaker wills. It isn't hard for her to feel superior, and often she brags about her family and class.​⧒

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:38 am
User Image

User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kyson was glad to finally be inside the castle. It was getting a little cold outside, and next to the lake, it just made it even colder. Looking around the Great Hall, he found himself pleased. It looked very nice, reminded him of home. Not of the people that lived there, but of the extravagance of it all. Just a reminder of how much more he mattered compared to some of the people in the Hall. As he waited in line, he held his head high, standing vigil as children were being called forward to be sorted. When it was his turn, he slowly stepped forward and sat down on the stool, a rather uncomfortable stool at that. When the Sorting Hat was placed on his head, he eagerly awaited the hat's decision. He had a good idea of where he would be placed, but in the end, it was up to the stinky old hat...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD UNSORTED FIRST YEAR xxxx

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name. 'Cause I was only born inside my dreams.
                                                  Until you die for me, as long as there is a light, my shadow's over you. 'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia.
                                                  And you're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom. You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon.
                                                  Some legends are told. Some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.
                                                  And just one mistake is all it will take. We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a moody child. I tend to keep to myself, mostly because I don't really like most of the people I meet. They're either too happy or too sad or too stupid or too annoying. I've also been told that I'm a bit obsessive about things that I do actually enjoy, like sports. I love playing football, but when I'm practicing, I tend to get lost in my own world and ignore everything and everyone else. Then again, ignoring my sisters is something I do all the time. One is too loud and the other is too quiet, they're a pain to live with. Dad says it's because I'm "growing up" that I've become so negative. Whatever. As for how I treat my friends, I'd tell you if I actually had any. I'm not good with people, if you couldn't tell. Besides, who needs friends to stab you in the back later on down the road when you have yourself to keep you company.

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:53 am
User Image
                                                  I'll lay me down tonight
                                                  Much further down
                                                  Swim in the calm tonight
                                                  This art goes drown

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Rhys heard his name called and he froze. He then shook himself out of it and ascended to the stool to take a seat. He hoped that this wouldn't take long, because he didn't want to be stared at too long. Hopefully the hall wouldn't all be staring, right? It wasn't like he was too worried about where he was going to be sorted, he just didn't want to have a panic attack in front of everyone. That'd be bad, and would freak out his relatives at the school. So Rhys just focused on breathing in and out while the hat was placed on his head to decide his fate.

■ QUIET Rhys is quiet, rarely speaking unless he absolutely wants to or is needed to. As he has recently decided not to speak at all, he has resorted to sign language to communicate, or writing things down. As he doesn't speak, he also doesn't like making noise, whether it's laughing or humming or whatnot.
                                                  ■ SHY Rhys is a severe introvert. He feels uncomfortable in situations with other people, and will refuse outright to speak to strangers. He also gets tired easily with being around people and will retreat to a place he can be alone for long stretches of time.
                                                  ■ INTELLIGENT Possibly because of his introverted personality, he tends to be a bookworm, and reads everything. He learned to read by the time he was four, and has taught himself sign language in a year and a half. His reading abilities happen to be on par with adults, and he constantly is on the prowl for new things to learn and read. Because of this, he has a genius intellect.
                                                  ■ RESPONSIBLE Rhys is highly responsible. He feels that if he is given a task, he will do it, and he will do it right the first time. He never procrastinates, and always puts his best work forward when he's trying to accomplish a task. Conversely, if he fails at a task, or doesn't live up to expectations, he tends to become depressed.
                                                  ■ THOUGHTFUL Rhys happens to be a thoughtful individual. He rarely acts without thinking, and always puts thought into relations with other people. He acts to help people if he can, but will not go beyond what he knows he can do.
                                                  ■ STUBBORN Rhys is particularly stubborn. When settled on a task, it is hard for him to be diverted to anything else, or when he sets his mind to something, it is difficult to move him to another line of thinking. If someone tries to force him to do something he doesn't want to do, he tends to set in his heels and refuse to do what the other is wanting him to do,

════════════════════════

Thinking: Please don't stare at me...
                                                  OOC:

All insects sing tonight
                                                  The coldest sound
                                                  I'd send Gods grace tonight
                                                  Could it be found?

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games