Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 am
Kowsauni
PupSage
Kowsauni

I realize that I failed to update it when I copy/pasted the power, but symbol of divine reach would expand the radius to seven which includes everyone, its why I risked taking an AOO.

So Irene doesn'tt have DR5, but everyone else should have. Otherwise I could have used it to get Valac, Illikan and her, shift one, then heal Ruin and not have taken an attack in the process.

Symbol of Divine Reach increases range of the attack but not the size of the Area of Affect . Those are two separate things. There are actually very few ways to increase the size of an aoe due to how powerful that would be. If you want, I can treat it as if you didn't move and take back the attack of opportunity.

Yeah, lets do that, so Illikan, Valac, and Kuori have the DR5 then, and Kuori didn't move.  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

I marked UH1. I charged UH2. UH1 is the one taking damage if it ignores me and goes after Kuori.

Also, do the UH have any effects that saves can end? I'm a bit unclear from your posts if they're save-able. I think it's a 1-round daze (no save) and a grab that athletics/acrobatics escapes?

Ok, I'll fix that, and no, there are no effects the Umber hulks are putting out that a saving throw can end, I think Kuori is just listing that as its an ability of her heal.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:09 pm
*Marks monster 1 and attacks monster 2 in order to draw their attention*

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 1:26 pm
Rain Yupa
*Marks monster 1 and attacks monster 2 in order to draw their attention*

User Image

https://youtu.be/zfbK_dbsCu0  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:49 pm
My dice REALLY aren't wanting to hit that one umberhulk. Must know it's Valak's.

Also, I'm a little unclear whether it's UH1 or UH3 that we were granted the bonus against? Though I'm pretty sure that my attack hits UH1 either way, and I doubt bumping the other attack to a 23 will make it land.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:47 pm
Psychofish
My dice REALLY aren't wanting to hit that one umberhulk. Must know it's Valak's.

Also, I'm a little unclear whether it's UH1 or UH3 that we were granted the bonus against? Though I'm pretty sure that my attack hits UH1 either way, and I doubt bumping the other attack to a 23 will make it land.

Its a bonus against anything. Attack a goddamned floorboard if you want to, take a +1 to do it.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:24 pm
PupSage
Psychofish

Its a bonus against anything. Attack a goddamned floorboard if you want to, take a +1 to do it.

Quote:
Strength of Spirit
Encounter ✦ Divine, Weapon
Standard Action
Melee Weapon
Requirement: You must use this power with a simple weapon.
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength+1 vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + 2 + Strength modifier damage.
If you're wielding your weapon with both hands, you gain a +2 bonus to the damage roll.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you and your allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls against the target. In addition, whenever you or one of your allies within 3 squares of you is hit or missed by an enemy's attack, this bonus increases by 1 to a maximum of 5.

The bonus applies to your target, but you didn't say which Umber Hulk your attacking. And where you moved puts you in range of both UH1 and UH3.

Edit: RAW, Dropping an item is a free action.

Drop a Held Item

Action: Free action.
In the Creature’s Space: A creature can use this action to drop an item it is holding. The item lands in the creature’s space. If the creature’s space is larger than 1 square, the creature can choose what square the item lands in.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:04 pm
Kowsauni

I have to ask, can Ruin attack the Umber Hulk's arms?

I won't change my post and will blame current actions on PTSD from the Worm and backstory events that did end up in a near-death experience for him.

But, most of his attacks and spells are melee range or adjacent square range. Noted exceptions are those he already cast with the only repeatable mention going to Eldritch Bolt. And his Athletics and Acrobatics are a +3, I am not saying to change anything. I am just trying to judge what options Ruin has at this moment. I mean, if you want to kill Ruin; I would be okay with it. I have Thork, Adoros, Rhaun, and a few others I could draw from.

If anyone else has ideas I am all ears.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:30 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
Kowsauni

I won't change my post and will blame current actions on PTSD from the Worm and backstory events that did end up in a near-death experience for him.

But, most of his attacks and spells are melee range or adjacent square range. Noted exceptions are those he already cast with the only repeatable mention going to Eldritch Bolt. And his Athletics and Acrobatics are a +3, I am not saying to change anything. I am just trying to judge what options Ruin has at this moment. I mean, if you want to kill Ruin; I would be okay with it. I have Thork, Adoros, Rhaun, and a few others I could draw from.

I appreciate your vote of confidence. It's not like I plan to give the Umber Hulk -4 to attack you, make it marked, and lay on hands on my turn or anything stare  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 10:49 pm
Rain Yupa

I appreciate your vote of confidence. It's not like I plan to give the Umber Hulk -4 to attack you, make it marked, and lay on hands on my turn or anything stare
Vote of confidence, you have.

But, Ruin is still immobilized outside his effective range. All I am asking are for a different way to break this hold. Last time, he was grabbed he was closer and could use a power to push the creature(breaking the hold by the failure to maintain distance). Can't do that now... because it is one square to far.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:44 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Kowsauni

Game mechanic-wise, no you can't specifically attack the arms to try and get him to let you go,. However, there are other ways to break the grab. For example if he is pushed or slid away from you or stunned it would cause him to drop you. Also, since he is using both his arms to hold you he cant make opportunity attacks.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:53 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Rain Yupa

Vote of confidence, you have.

But, Ruin is still immobilized outside his effective range. All I am asking are for a different way to break this hold. Last time, he was grabbed he was closer and could use a power to push the creature(breaking the hold by the failure to maintain distance). Can't do that now... because it is one square to far.

I do have a way that might help you escape (bonus to your roll), but it would mean sacrificing the heal/mark (I would still attack and give it -2 though). Would you prefer that instead? (Also, you haven't used an item daily power yet today, right?)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:10 am
Well, pending information on who the bonus is against I guess I might as well finish up the attack. Looking back at it while not multitasking, I realize I'd have been hitting Kuori with that though, so I'm going to switch it up- expend my other daily which attacks the same two targets at the same bonus, and defense, and pins a status on both so I can try bowling next round.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:29 am
Rain Yupa

I do have a way that might help you escape (bonus to your roll), but it would mean sacrificing the heal/mark (I would still attack and give it -2 though). Would you prefer that instead? (Also, you haven't used an item daily power yet today, right?)

If I am honest, I still didn't summon my blade, yet. So, if your bonus did help to free me this round, it would only free me. And there would be no keeping a Hulk from grabbing me, again(aside from your -2).

I would say hold on to your plan 'til next round. So, I can summon my blade and an +1 to my AC and Reflex(And attempt another attempt to escape).

And yes, I did use an Item's Daily power. Last round, I used my rod's daily for THP... that the Umber Hulk plowed straight, through. sweatdrop That is going to eliminate your plan, isn't it.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:32 am
Southern Cross Nemesis

Fair point, I attacked UH 1, so its on UH1  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games