Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 am
Cale Darksun
A C-9979 Landing ship carries 114 AAT tanks, 11 MTT Armored Troop Carriers, and 28 Unarmored Troop Carriers.
Totaling the crew for those vehicles, a fully loaded C-9979 can deploy 4896 battle droids.

A Lucrehulk Battleship carries 50 of these, in addition to 100 UTC's, 550 additonal AAT's, 1,500 Vulture fighters and 84,800+ more battledroids.

Kind of scary when you think of it.

So...how did the droids lose the Clone Wars again? confused  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:52 am
Because numbers mean jack squat when you're lead by a bunch of militarily ignorant merchants and bankers.
Clones are capable of making intelligent tactical decisions on the squad and platoon level and are capable of cunning and creatively"interpereting" the well meaning but often suicidally stupid orders of ther generals and commanders, I.E. the gang of superpowered pacifists known as the Jedi Order (who havent had to fight a major war for 1000 years and thus have no knowledge of all things war related save personal combat with their glowsticks)  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:58 am
Glowsticks...lol. xd

But didn't the Separatists have a few noteworthy leaders...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 am
Theres plenty of slang terms for lightsabers. I was just caught up in the moment of Pro-clone sympathy.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 am
Understandable.

I have a friend who loves Star Wars but hates the clones with a passion...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:10 am
whats wrong with the clones?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:57 pm
Order 66, to name one thing.

Although I secretly suspect that her hatred of the clones stems from her hatred of one of the more prominent authors of the clone and Mando-oriented novels and media, Karen Traviss. A good friend of hers got into a heated argument with Traviss on the sw.com blogs when she misinterpreted one of his more controversial statements. This led to him being banned from the site and several of the prominent bloggers at the time leaving in protest.

Basically, since she is who she is, she was given favoritism and allowed to do whatever she wanted while the blogger who opposed her was censored, belittled, and had his well-established reputation on the site basically ruined.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:01 pm
Order 66 did go off a bit too smoothly for my tastes, but what can you do? George sayeth so and thus it be.

Lets get back to ships and speeders now.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:16 pm
Ships are good for setting fire to Wookiee homeworlds.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:36 am
Napalm is good for setting fire to wook homeworlds.
Now Jaden, you need to A. Post in CotGCW and B. Get me your damn character for Saga Edition.
I'm getting tired of telling you that last one.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 pm
Cale Darksun
Napalm is good for setting fire to wook homeworlds.
Now Jaden, you need to A. Post in CotGCW and B. Get me your damn character for Saga Edition.
I'm getting tired of telling you that last one.
CotGCW?

I know. Ill pm it to you tonight.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:37 pm
Sorry. I meant Cloak of the Sith.
Stryder's getting bored.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm
Oh thats right. Is he still imprisoned?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:45 pm
Yep. He's locked up in that same prison Jango Fett got Slave 1 from in Bounty Hunter.

BTW, what are the ships in your command? I know you got a Trireme, but do you have two Hammerheads as well?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:47 pm
Yes. Technically they are under the Command of other Merc captains, but I am going to take joint control.

Ok. What are the defenses of Oovo? I want to RP this right, but I can't remember.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games