Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zella L.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 am
Hm...alright, any advice?
So, TL;DR a former friend of mine did something cruel and then unfriended me. She admits now that she was wrong and wants to be friends again. But, after all the times she's said she's changed, I insist that she has to actually DO something to make amends.

The question is, what would you request of someone for restitution?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:16 pm
Zella L.
So, TL;DR a former friend of mine did something cruel and then unfriended me. She admits now that she was wrong and wants to be friends again. But, after all the times she's said she's changed, I insist that she has to actually DO something to make amends.

I don't think a person needs to do anything to show they're sorry, other than not repeating whatever it was that needed apologizing for. Sure, you can bring me flowers and say you were wrong, and it was sweet of you to go the extra mile and show me you really want to make amends, but if you don't change and keep being awful, eventually it won't matter what you do to apologize. I won't want to hear it anymore.

The only time I would require something in addition is if something other than feelings were damaged, and some kind of thing needs to be replaced.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:02 pm
Hey peeps. It's been a really rough couple of weeks for me, so I'm going to vent a little. Feel free to ignore this.

First of all, my Christmas kind of sucked.
I did get to spend Christmas Eve with my brother, his wife, and my nieces. We ended up going to my sister-in-law's mother's house, which was a little awkward as I don't know her family very well and we are very different kinds of people. It wasn't horrible though.

Christmas morning however, I woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck. I had caught the worst cold I think I have ever had. Headache, congestion, sore throat, coughing, aching, exhaustion, the whole shebang. I was down and out for about four days and spent that time totally alone for fear of spreading my crud.

New Years wasn't a whole lot better. I wasn't sick, but I was all alone. My sister was going to come visit the Friday before, but I was still sick and we had a snowstorm so I couldn't go pick her up from her father. I tried to negotiate getting her after the snow had cleared, but she declined, saying she had only intended to stay a couple of days anyway and needed to be back home in time for some New Years party with her friends. My feelings were a bit hurt.

Then a few days later, my older cat, who had been sick for a while, took a sudden turn for the worse. He stopped eating, started acting not himself. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be okay. After a couple days of trying to bribe him to eat with all manner of special foods, I took him to the vet on Friday. They pretty much confirmed what I thought. They said I could try to take him to a hospital, but his chances were very slim. I had him euthanized that day, instead of prolonging it. I am very heartbroken over it. I was very attached to that cat, he was my baby. It's been very weird not to have him sleep on my pillow, and wake me up every morning. The ground is too frozen for me to have buried him, so I had him cremated. I'll be able to pick up his ashes sometime this week.

On top of that, a few hours after I had him put down, I received a call. The head of admissions for the college I am trying to get into, and had planned on attending class at next week, had called to confirm that all my stuff was ready to go. I mentioned that I had not yet heard back about my FAFSA (financial assistance for school). She informed me that the class I signed up for was not covered by FAFSA as it is a short-term certificate (I was going to earn a CNA before working on an actual nursing degree). This was the first time that had ever been mentioned to me. I cannot afford the class without financial aid. So, I'm not starting college next week as I had planned.
I can get into the real nursing program next semester, and everything I had to do for the class I won't be taking will roll over, so I won't have to do anything except fill out the application, and they will waive the fee for me.

This just throws a big wrench into the master plan I had for my life and I have to re-evaluate it and see what I can figure out.

Sigh.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:14 am
Zella L.

After a while though, "sorry" just isn't enough, especially if the people involved don't change the behavior that caused the problem in the first place.
Change isn't instantaneous. There's more to it than just saying a word. A word won't magically make things better.
I suggest that you sit down and talk with her and try to work out what she can do in the future to avoid doing cruel things to you. Or if that doesn't work, take a break from being friends for a while.  

GandaIf

Girl

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:49 pm
Well I gotta say it .... right when you expect everything to go stream line crazy happens. I blame my recent hiatus away from the guild on the fact that my bank got robbed. I have been pretty embroiled in an fbi interrogation of crazy and well just plain sad given the situation. None is hurt and everything is going well but I don't think I'll be back into the swing of things for a week still. Sorry yall.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm
So I finally got my wisdom teeth out on Monday. Spent all day in bed, mostly sleeping. Yesterday was mostly spent either in bed or on the couch, chilling. Today I felt good enough to get some gaming in. My whole mouth is sore (yay Advil and Percocet), and I can't open it very far, but I'm really glad I won't have to worry about wisdom teeth issues ever again. Totally worth it.

What's really cute is that my cat has been all but glued to me since Monday. From his behavior, he seems to have taken it on himself to make sure I'm doing OK. He only left the bed a few times on Monday, both of which where when my husband came in to check on me (he stayed home from work Monday and yesterday).

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:28 pm
Sunegami
So. I bought a new car yesterday.

So THAT's what you look like.

I really like the Mazda 3 and Mazda Protege (which they don't make anymore!), but the latest mazdas look too happy with that giant smiling grill on the front bumper. That seems to be the new fad in car design, Fords have the giant bumper grill as well, and I think it looks ugly on them.

Sunegami
So I finally got my wisdom teeth out on Monday. Spent all day in bed, mostly sleeping. Yesterday was mostly spent either in bed or on the couch, chilling. Today I felt good enough to get some gaming in. My whole mouth is sore (yay Advil and Percocet), and I can't open it very far, but I'm really glad I won't have to worry about wisdom teeth issues ever again. Totally worth it.

My wisdom teeth came in sideways, so they really needed to come out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:16 pm
So ...yeah. Someone robs a bank and you have to talk to the FBI. Constantly. It's not like anything has changed but I swear to god if I have to give another statement someone is getting shot in the foot.  

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:13 pm
My poor husband got food poisoning yesterday. He was on a business trip in DC, and he texted me yesterday morning saying he had already thrown up once when he got up. Luckily one of his coworkers was there with him, so he had the other guy drive them home. He's been sleeping on and off pretty much all day, and he seems a lot better already.

In better news, I went to a girls-only party last night around 7, and we watched "The Avengers" and played one of the best drinking games ever (including a bunch of house rules, of course). We had also planned to watch at least 1 other movie, but it took about 6 hours to get through "The Avengers" because we were talking and laughing so much. I got home at about quarter to 3 this morning. X3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm
I'm just resurrecting this and posting this in another spot because I'm so happy!

Gaia just added a RIG/random item box in their anime cash store based on the dark anime Madoka Magica, the best anime ever in the past few years. And I don't mean items-that-look-almost-the-same-so-no-one-gets-sued, but actual items!!!

There's even a Madoka forum!

Now someone give me millions of gaia gold so I can dress up like the characters and get a kyubei doll since each item's like 500k-2mil. ;_;  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:28 pm
omnomnomnomnom  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:54 pm
So today was my last day of work. I don't think it's quite sunken in yet, but I do feel kind of... free. I registered for unemployment, and I'll have more time now to focus on my art, beef up my portfolio, and look for actual art-related jobs.

I won't miss the shitty commute or the horrible work, but I will miss some of my coworkers. I'm friends with some of them on Facebork, and one of them I'm adding on LinkedIn (since he doesn't have a Facebork account but I do want to keep in touch with him personally and professionally).

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Gotherine Foxx

Dangerous Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:06 pm
Sunegami
So today was my last day of work. I don't think it's quite sunken in yet, but I do feel kind of... free. I registered for unemployment, and I'll have more time now to focus on my art, beef up my portfolio, and look for actual art-related jobs.

I won't miss the shitty commute or the horrible work, but I will miss some of my coworkers. I'm friends with some of them on Facebork, and one of them I'm adding on LinkedIn (since he doesn't have a Facebork account but I do want to keep in touch with him personally and professionally).

Welcome to the wild and fantastic world of fun employment! Unfortunately I still work under the paw of the man ...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:08 pm
Mortella
Welcome to the wild and fantastic world of fun employment! Unfortunately I still work under the paw of the man ...

Haha, I've been in this ring of the circus many times before! X3 I honestly prefer it to being "under the paw of the man"; cube farms totally aren't my thing.  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Thorn apple

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:52 am
Greetings. I'm here promoting sofawolf's "Hot Dish" anthology, which you can order from the link below; I recommend that you pick up ten or fifteen copies. They make great gifts and you'll want some backups. It also happens to be on sale.

https://www.sofawolf.com/products/hotdish

"Hot Dish" is an erotic anthology (buyers must be 18 and over, sorry) made up of stories too long for Sofawolf's annual publication "Heat." And if you were wondering why I'm doing this, it's because one of my stories appears therein, so I have an interest in seeing it sell.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff