Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:16 pm
Zack said nothing for a second, just enough time to regain his composure. As enjoyable as it was, fighting with Salieri could wait.

'The Sablenite. My guess is he realised he didn't grab it on Route 10 and came looking.' Zack reached down and retrieved his notebook. A little worse for wear, but it had endured plenty more over the years. 'I told him I dropped it in the ocean. He didn't want to, but I think he bought it. s**t, we could lure him back out easy. Just talk about the stone loud enough and voila.'  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:50 pm
The Sablenite? Salieri thought about it, then covered her face with her palm. "His girlfriend has a Sableye, it's gotta be for her. There's no way he'll stop looking for it, he'd do anything for that woman-hey!"

"Cops," Math told her while pushing on her back, directing her to the nearest usable door. He unlocked the apartment building with the Magic Door Key. "You guys dealt with the questions yesterday, right? This pirate guy is tearing stuff up, we don't have time for red tape. I'll talk to the police and you guys can work on whatever comes next." He opened the door, which now led to a hallway in Shalour City's Pokémon Center.

Earlier Matheson had only been interested in Skarada because Sal said he was a pirate king and because he enjoyed helping her. Now Salieri thought of yesterday, when Matheson investigated an explosion in order to defend Kalosians from threats unknown because it was his noble duty. His ethics were admirably consistent. As she was reminded of why she was attracted to his personality, for a second she thought about how she was not good enough for him.

"C'mon. They're almost here," he said to them both, holding open the door. "I'll call you when I can."
"Okay." Sal put a hand on his cheek, trying to be tender. He accepted it, but she could sense his tension. She knew he didn't think of her the same way as before. "Thanks."

He nodded and she walked through, waiting on Zack to do the same.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:23 am
Zack wasn't going to tenderly place his hand on Matheson's cheek, but he did go through the door, giving Math a nod on his way past. This was one fancy way to teleport. Two doorways connected together over a long distance. You could break into bank vaults with this. He paused before he went all the way through, and tried not to think about what would happen if the doors suddenly disconnected.

'Be careful who sees you with this key,' he said. 'Ska and Ratio would kill for it.'  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:13 am
Matheson looked up and away, thinking of the implications. "Merde, you're right." It wasn't the first time the thought had crossed his mind, but it was the first time there were two concrete examples of bad guys he had met who would abuse that power. "You're so right. Yeah, I'll be extra careful. You too."

He'd wait for Zack to go all the way through before he'd close the door and it would go back to normal. As police cruisers rolled down the street, Matheson popped one of his OID meds. He'd need his full concentration today.

The snowflakes that had fallen before were already melted. Matheson had never seen that kind of portal before. He wondered why the Pirate King would need something so big and slow when he had a Gardevoir to Teleport with. Something like that would only be more useful for multiple warp targets, or one really big one-

Math's eyes went wide. "Ohhhhh I think I get it now."

Airship Fishbone

Water Pokémon were at work putting the fire out on the deck of Skarada's airship while the doctors onboard went to work treating the damaged pirates and Pokémon. Skarada was already storming off to the edge of the deck, where Erin stood looking out at the sea of clouds they flew in. "Thanks for the save, love."

Erin smiled and grabbed one of his hands, pulling him closer. "Bad field trip? You look nonplussed," she asked in a tired voice, having recently woke from a nap.
Ska sighed, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and putting a hand up to her very pregnant belly. He swore he could feel their child kicking inside, ready to see the world. "The Sablenite's either in the ocean or in the Tower."
"The ocean?" Erin asked, more alert. This baby had been ******** with her mood for months, so she tried not to jump to negative conclusions. "That's a big place."
"The ocean around the tower. Small search zone, we can scan it within the day." Ska rest his head on her shoulder, and she put a hand on his hat. "But we're still closer than ever, Erin, we're in a good place...I ran into Salieri."
"I figured as much." Erin sighed. "How'd that go?"
"She's about the same as ever. I told her about 241's trainer, that gave her some good food for thought. And I nabbed this."

Skarada separated himself from his wife to show her the Pokédex he had taken. Since he nabbed Ivan, the AI hadn't shut up, first citing an 'Emergency Code Activation' before listing off a string of numbers and letters so long that Ska eventually just lowered the volume. It seemed that program had run its course, because now the Dex said nothing and the screen was black. "Got her Dex."
"Hmm." Erin took it, and twirled it in her hand. "Souvenir?"
"Only the best for you."

They shared a quick kiss. "C'mon, love," she said, dragging him by the hand. "You need a sitdown. Let's go listen to a vinyl."

Shalour Pokémon Center

Salieri and Zack were now alone in the hallway. Sal gave Zack a quick glance before looking away, arms crossed. "So what now?" she grumbled, simmering. "Zachary?"  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:21 pm
Zack's eye tried to twitch again, but he disguised it as a mirthless grin. 'Gee, honey, you could at least ask me how my day's been.'  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:53 pm
"Fine. Did you go to the tower or what?" Sal asked joylessly, walking in the direction of the main counter.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:02 pm
'Did I ever.' Zack kept his voice low, so that it wouldn't carry into the lobby and get picked up by eavesdroppers. 'Apparently the only good use for mega stones is mega evolution. So whoever has a lot can evolve a lot, maybe build themselves a mega army. Your Lord Nostrad's been after the tower's store of stones for years. What does that tell you?'  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:32 pm
"That he's still megalomaniacal. Nothing new." Salieri wasn't as quiet as Zack. She was too riled up to care. "So Jullien still wants to be the very best, like no one ever was? That doesn't get us any closer to the Darkhorse Hunters or Ratio or Team Flair." The web of this conspiracy was growing too out of hand for her taste. She needed a tangible target to decimate, some way to stop one of these problems at the source.

"What if we used the Sablenite to find Ska?" She would've added 'like you said before' but she didn't want to give Zack credit.  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:41 pm
'You mean like I said before?' Zack grinned. 'Obviously it'd work but we'd need to prepare our advantages first.' He crossed his good arm over his sling, in an approximation of an arm fold. 'His crew look like trash, not too worried there. He can mega evolve the Lopunny. Never fought one of those before so that'd need research. That ******** bird's time freeze thing just dramatically decreased its lifespan...'

He frowned, and thought more seriously about Salieri's reaction to 241. 'What's the deal with the Gardevoir?'  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:15 pm
"Sergio can Mega Evolve? That's new." Skarada must have picked up new tricks in the past three and a half years, but there were some things that didn't change. "Keasbey doesn't actually stop time," Salieri explained. "Just your perception of time with Quash. He has to do it through your eyes. So just wear sunglasses, duh," she said with an eye roll as if it was supposed to be super obvious.

When he broached the subject of 241, Salieri stopped walking. She looked down. "She isn't supposed to be like that, she's..."

Soledad House, Eight Years Ago

"Ah-CHOO!"

Ten year old Salieri sniffled on the living room couch, red faced and grumpy. She didn't care if she got to skip school legitimately, the common cold wasn't worth it at all.

Her father walked in and put a hand to her forehead. "One more day and you'll be just fine," he assured her, retreating backwards as quickly as possible. "You're getting better."
"You won't even get near me," Sal pouted, her voice warped by mucus.
"I still love you, but, uh. Ehhhhh."
"You said you never get sick!"
Arnaud shrugged and rubbed the back of his head. "I lied."

"Have no fear!" Moze announced. The preteen entered with his Ralts, who was wearing an empty fishbowl as a helmet. "Prou is here! And she's sneeze proof." He rapped on the fishbowl as proof. Prou waved at Sal, who waved back. "You guys are gonna have fun, uh, watching TV."
"You need anything while I'm gone, call me okay?" Arnaud said. She nodded, and he blew her a kiss.

Sal charged up a sneeze, and before she could go through with it, Arnaud and Moze ran out of the house. She could hear her brother yell "Back, foul demon!" as he escaped her germs.

So she and Prou sat there flipping through channels until, miraculously, they found something awesome: an old kung fu movie with a guy in a yellow jumpsuit kicking a lot of a**. Salieri was into it, but Prou was on the edge of her seat, speechless. The Psychic must have been excited, because she could not help accidentally conveying her joy directly into Sal's brain. "So you like kung fu, huh?"

Prou nodded enthusiastically. Sal readjusted on the couch, having found something to brighten her day. "You know what would be awesome? If you learned kung fu!"

The Ralts was wary of the idea. "No, hear me out, no one would see it coming. And you can use your lasers and stuff up close and they'd be crazy strong and fast and you can be like-"

Sal stood up on the couch and made a brutal, shaking karate chop motion. "Hoo-HA!" she hollered, followed by a sneeze. "And then blow things up."

Prou watched, grinned, then stood on the couch too. She did a sloppy side kick. "Whah-cha!" she declared.

Sal began fist pumping and Prou jumped up and down, ecstatic at this proposal. "Oh yeah, this is gonna be so sweet, dude!" They high fived.

Shalour Pokémon Center, Present Day

"She's my friend."

Salieri got lost in the sentiment, letting it linger. Unwilling to show Zack any vulnerability, she hastily started walking again. "Skarada has a lot of tricks, but he's more than that too. He can actually battle. Knowing what his gimmicks are just helps even the playing field. Now if his girlfriend shows up to a fight, then we're in some real ******** trouble."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:53 pm
Zack rolled his eyes. It was childish to treat pokémon like your friends when you were a trainer. You didn't push your friends into fights for your own ego. You either cared about them and kept them safe, or you didn't and battled to your best. You couldn't have it both ways.

'So the girlfriend's the real scary one. Yikes. If she's got you so frightened, she must be a super-duper badass.' Zack walked a little behind Salieri but kept pace. 'Maybe you could've mentioned her more, One Shot. Or are you just gonna hope she stays out of this? '

They weren't yet at the lobby, but could hear it well enough. A shriek rattled above the general din, and the center's trainers ducked away from the bird that flew through their midst and into the hallway. Under the artificial light, its colourful feathers looked extra shiny, almost synthetic, and its eyes were dark, reflective circles. The Chatot perched on a side table, made a nest between Pokémon Monthly and PokéPal. It opened its beak, and Zack's voice spilled out.

'God damn, I wanna bang you! God damn!'  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:17 pm
The Erin that Salieri remembered was as ruthless as she was cunning. Losing an arm in a war had only hampered her fighting ability, not her brutality. To say that Skarada was the tender half of the couple said a lot about his lover. Salieri wondered what she had been like with two arms, but never actually wanted to see for herself.

"They're a package deal, she'll fight with him as long as she can walk. I don't know why she wasn't here today." Sal groaned. She never enjoyed being the expositor but she had to fill a lot of people in on things in the last few days. "Maybe you wouldn't be so clueless if you weren't such a-"

That's when the Chatot flew in and came into her with Zack's face. Salieri did a double take between the bird and the connard. Was this some kind of bizarre ventriloquism prank? Immediately Sal thought about how stupid that sounded, but she had to ask:

"Is this some bizarre ventriloquism prank?" Sal looked the bird over, then gave him the finger. "******** off, ya little b***h."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:48 pm
'One Shot,' Zack said. At first he sounded serious, but then he carried on speaking. 'Do you even know what a Chatot is? I mean, I knew you were a hack trainer but come on. This is its gimmick.'

The Chatot rustled its feathers, tilted its head to the side and opened its beak. This time it used Salieri's voice, its pitch changing awkwardly as it culled from different parts of the dialogue. '******** off, ya - bizarre - little b***h.'

'See? That's a pretty good impression.'

Something stirred behind them. It drifted forward on all fours, its long black hands feeling its way along the corridor, keeping its body aloft. Its arms stretched at odd angles, sliding up the walls, across the ceiling, along the floors. Silent as the night, it crawled towards the unsuspecting trainers, its jagged teeth turning upwards into a grin.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:46 am
"I'm the hack? You're the one who thought crows could stop time." Grumpy since she didn't already know what a Chatot was, Salieri took out her Pokédex. Or she would have, if it was in its arm cradle. "Hey, s**t bird. Pipe down before I make you," Sal ordered, officially getting in an argument with a parrot while she searched her belt bag. Ivan wasn't in there either.

Sal patted down her pockets, starting to get worried. "Uh-oh." She was too wrapped up in the consequences of being a Dex-less trainer in League season to notice if anything was behind her. "Mia's going to kill me."  

Jump Einatz
Crew

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:50 am
'Because fire-breathing dogs and living piles of actual garbage aren't ridiculous,' Zack shot back, also very unaware of the thing lurking behind them. It was close now, silent and breathless. Even if they turned around this second, Zack and Salieri wouldn't be able to get away in time. It waited, still as death.

The Chatot's head tilted again. This time it was with the unmistakable grinding click of a ratchet as it stared directly at them, its black hole eyes blooming wide. The lights flickered, hallway caught in a ghostly chill. Zack reacted like he was under attack, but even as his hand snatched for a pokéball it was already too late. In the split second the lights went out, the thing behind grabbed his wrist with inhuman strength and wrenched it to the side. It did the same to Salieri, pulling her hand towards Zack's and forcing them together.

Zack looked over his shoulder, teeth bared, met by the red-eyed gaze of a Cofagrigus. Its razor teeth grinned at him as it bound Zack and Salieri's hands with black bandages that faded from sight as soon as they were tied. Naturally, Zack tried to let go of Salieri's hand, but found he couldn't. It was as if they'd been stuck together with super ********>!' both Zack and Chatot shouted at once. The Cofagrigus pushed itself backwards, suspended in the air by its four arms like a spider on a web. Then Chatot started laughing.

No longer a clear replica, its voice took on the tinny, echoing quality of an untuned radio. Its tone was rich, like a member of high society, coming from a bird. 'Ha ha ha. Oh Zachary, you really must expand your vocabulary.'  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games