Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:52 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Rain Yupa

I do have a way that might help you escape (bonus to your roll), but it would mean sacrificing the heal/mark (I would still attack and give it -2 though). Would you prefer that instead? (Also, you haven't used an item daily power yet today, right?)

If I am honest, I still didn't summon my blade, yet. So, if your bonus did help to free me this round, it would only free me. And there would be no keeping a Hulk from grabbing me, again(aside from your -2).

I would say hold on to your plan 'til next round. So, I can summon my blade and an +1 to my AC and Reflex(And attempt another attempt to escape).

And yes, I did use an Item's Daily power. Last round, I used my rod's daily for THP... that the Umber Hulk plowed straight, through. sweatdrop That is going to eliminate your plan, isn't it.

... yes, it does. Plus something else I hadn't considered, but occurred to me while I was getting ready for work.

Longsword.

Shield.

... I don't have enough hands anyways. Too much time in the "A group where we all pretend to be thri-kreen in a thri-kreen colony" facebook group, I think. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 7:46 am
I asked Psychofish if his actions will be influencing my side of the battlefield/the umberhulk I'm engaged with, and he said they "probably shouldn't". I have to get ready for work; I'll be posting as soon as I get a few minutes with this in mind (8:30'ish, noon'ish, or 3pm'ish).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:27 pm
Kowsauni
Ilikan breaks free and freezes one of the umber hulks in place. Revenge also gives the umber hulk in front of him a nasty cut a he heals Ruin.

However The umber hulk still does not give up his prey as he continues to try and pull Ruin apart (20 damage)

Divine Challenge damage?  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 am
Rain Yupa
Just checking, Your plan will not work, correct?

I want to know if I should prep for freedom or for being drawn and halved.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:14 am
It wasn't in your last post, so just to note Kow, I have been using the Minor to maintain the DR 5 on Illikan, Valac, and Kuori, so they still have it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:14 am
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Ilikan breaks free and freezes one of the umber hulks in place. Revenge also gives the umber hulk in front of him a nasty cut a he heals Ruin.

However The umber hulk still does not give up his prey as he continues to try and pull Ruin apart (20 damage)

Divine Challenge damage?

Shoot I recorded the damage from divine challenge but forgot to write in how the Umber hulk reacted to it. I'll add that in later today.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:48 am
Southern Cross Nemesis
Rain Yupa
Just checking, Your plan will not work, correct?

I want to know if I should prep for freedom or for being drawn and halved.

Correct, as you've used an item daily power. If you don't escape this turn, I'm totally repositioning while it can't make an Opportunity Attack.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:50 am
PupSage
and all allies get a +2 to attack until the end of next turn.

Just checking: Is this +2 within the burst/zone power that you used 2 turns ago (you mentioned +2 then as well), or is this a separate, global effect this time? I couldn't find where this was coming from to proceed without asking.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 11:36 am
Rain Yupa
PupSage
and all allies get a +2 to attack until the end of next turn.

Just checking: Is this +2 within the burst/zone power that you used 2 turns ago (you mentioned +2 then as well), or is this a separate, global effect this time? I couldn't find where this was coming from to proceed without asking.

+2 to damage is from Gravesite (the zone)
+2 to hit is from Battle Cleric's lore and applies to all allies.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:31 pm
I was really hoping it came from another source. Like your Battle Standard or equipment.

Battle Cleric's Lore is a replacement to Healing Lore that.

Quote:
Benefit: You gain a +2 shield bonus to AC, and you have proficiency with scale armor.
In addition, whenever you use a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, that target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn

That was straight from the source, Dragon Mag #400. I wouldn't know if it was errataed or not, as it wasn't added to IWS. But it applys the +2 to the person who received the Healing Surge allowance. In this last case, Illikan.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:02 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
I was really hoping it came from another source. Like your Battle Standard or equipment.

Battle Cleric's Lore is a replacement to Healing Lore that.

Quote:
Benefit: You gain a +2 shield bonus to AC, and you have proficiency with scale armor.
In addition, whenever you use a cleric healing power to allow a target to spend a healing surge, that target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn

That was straight from the source, Dragon Mag #400. I wouldn't know if it was errataed or not, as it wasn't added to IWS. But it applys the +2 to the person who received the Healing Surge allowance. In this last case, Illikan.

The one I had, which I guess was the errata version, I can try to hunt it down later, say:

Battle Cleric's Lore: (Drag 400) This gives you scale proficiency, a +2 shield bonus to AC, and your personal and ally targeting healing powers where they spend surges gives you and allies a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:27 am
PupSage
Wanted to know before my turn comes up- were you wanting to hold the mark on UH3, or was that just a consequence of using the power? Before I go and supersede it.

Also, noting that both Umberhulks should be Immobolized- the one that was missed still gets immobolized until the end of Illikan's next turn. Which will be relevant because it nets him combat advantage, +2 damage, and means he knocks it prone if he hits it this turn. Not that prone matters much when they go right after him and aren't wandering off.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 7:28 am
Psychofish
PupSage
Wanted to know before my turn comes up- were you wanting to hold the mark on UH3, or was that just a consequence of using the power? Before I go and supersede it.

Also, noting that both Umberhulks should be Immobolized- the one that was missed still gets immobolized until the end of Illikan's next turn. Which will be relevant because it nets him combat advantage, +2 damage, and means he knocks it prone if he hits it this turn. Not that prone matters much when they go right after him and aren't wandering off.

Just a side effect, totally hoping that you would steal it back.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 2:25 pm
PupSage

One of my feats:

Protector's Commitment (+1 attack if you or target is adjacent to bloodied ally)

If that makes you feel better about not healing. Plus I have 1x more Lay on Hands.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:49 pm
Rain Yupa
PupSage

One of my feats:

Protector's Commitment (+1 attack if you or target is adjacent to bloodied ally)

If that makes you feel better about not healing. Plus I have 1x more Lay on Hands.

I plan to give him some big healing next turn.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games