Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 pm
I just want you to realize the power you got in your hands.
Each of those Hammerheads has 12 fighters and carries enough firepower to make it roughly equivalent in destructive power as a Katana Fleet Dreadnaught-class cruiser.

Check Stryder's last posts in the RP. They should give you an idea of the place's defenses. Its in an asteroid belt for one thing, and it probably has its own defensive craft, but its designed to keep prisoners in, not keep a determined military force out.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:08 pm
Goodie. I think I know how I'm going to do this. Oh yeah. Just wait, you'll like this. The main facility on Oovo is visible, yes?  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm
Yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:39 am

whoa.. you guys RP fleet battles? damn.... i'm jealous.

I would love to 'tinker' with a fleet of ships.

too bad, time is an issue crying

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:55 pm
well lets be honest here:

We TRY to RP fleet battles.
Often times theres only a very few people who actually give a rat's a** enough to try and fight and strategize against each other.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:46 am
Cale Darksun
well lets be honest here:

We TRY to RP fleet battles.
Often times theres only a very few people who actually give a rat's a** enough to try and fight and strategize against each other.

That--I can understand. I was going to ask how you guys handle the combat for RP fleet battles. But, if everyone is on the same (or similar) page, and a number of you are enjoy playing fleet battles, that's all that matters. At least, IMO...

I hope I don't get too geeky. But the fleet that I currently have are...

6 Venator Star Destroyers 3 Acclamator II assault ships
16 A-wings interceptors 8 jedi-starfighters
8 Naboo fighters (1 modified, 2 repainted)
3 B-wing bombers 2 Arc 170 starfighters

I was never really into the ISD's, but the Venators seem to have caught my eye (mainly because of the hangar bays)

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:55 pm
You're underpowered Fighterwise and understrength against dedicated capital ships. The Naboo Fighters are relics you need shifted out of your force.
Each Venator has room for 192 ships the size of your A-wings and 192 jedi starfighters in addition to 36 ARC-170's or B-wings.
So you're only at a fraction or your potential fighter strength. You either need to loose the other six venators and focus on one as your main carrier with the Acclamators as support ships or get more fighters.

How did you even get these ships anyway?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 pm
Lord Starkiller has been tweaking his fleet for the better part of the week.
He'll be done if he can get it approved.

All this talk about ships is making me wish I would have thrown in a few more Mando vessels...

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:20 pm
If you want to talk about the Mandalorian Navy, speak with Jaden. Otherwise I think the Mandalorians favor the Trireme Corvette, otherwise have a noticible lack of a navy.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:23 pm
Found a couple of Mando ships from the KotOR era...

...but I'll stick with what I have now. It is severely underpowered compared to what you guys are throwing around, but it's what I started with. If I get anything else, I'll have to do it in the RP.

Though a Trireme would be beautiful...

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 pm
I made them plenty available as the real triremes were.
You'll either have to purchase one new, used, force slaves to construct one, steal one, or bargain for one.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:03 pm
Or work for the man who owns 'em, work with the man who captains one. And In turn, eventually earn your own.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:04 pm
She's already Dar'Manda for working with the Sith. I dont think she's interested in working for anyone else.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:25 am
Cale Darksun
You're underpowered Fighterwise and understrength against dedicated capital ships. The Naboo Fighters are relics you need shifted out of your force.
Each Venator has room for 192 ships the size of your A-wings and 192 jedi starfighters in addition to 36 ARC-170's or B-wings.
So you're only at a fraction or your potential fighter strength. You either need to loose the other six venators and focus on one as your main carrier with the Acclamators as support ships or get more fighters.

How did you even get these ships anyway?

OH! I forgot to mention that.(hehe) It isn't through any type of RP. I bought them through the game, Star Wars Starship battles. My friends and I play the game (via house rules; A-wing & TIE interceptors are faster, While Alliance starfighters have shielding and light speed capability-and cost more).

So far, my friends hate my fleet because the Venators have the fastest launch capability. But the A-wings squad are, so far, my counter against a swarm of those damn TIEs. Wow... I didn't know that the Naboo fighters are obsolete.

RedGrail

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:31 am
Yeah, dump the Naboo starfighters. Low shields, weak firepower. Replace them with Manta class Assault Starfighters
Trust me on this, you won't regret it.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games