Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:36 pm
Ice Queen
What would FEAR healers say if asked about the trackers in the students that were captured?

Trackers are super tiny and unnoticeable! They may sense something "off", but at this point removing the tracker or attempting to will lead to extremely unwanted consequences, including permanent damage to the core!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am
Nvm~ 83  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:01 pm
Hey there~

Lately I've been seeing some conflicting things about Horsemen/Halloween relations, and I was wondering if you could clarify the general relations between the two? I've been playing Soren as seeing students as useful tools/pets, like how someone would view a good herd dog that makes their life easier. I know the heirs are have a long-standing relationship with the halloweeners/students in general and view them in an 'acceptable' light, but as a whole/general, what should/would be the normal view of horsemen when it comes to Halloween? Do any clans in particular have stronger feelings?

Thank you <3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:52 am
:Ia That's something that really depends on individual characters. There's no single unified opinion that's held over...anything really. If your asking for stereotypes ~ then we can ask zoo ~

zoobey

But otherwise, don't worry about it ~ just take what your character knows and has experienced, and keep their relations and opinions IC. There's not real "you are doing it wrong" ~ and viewpoints are meant to be conflicting. Even non-student characters (the faceless masses) have conflicting views.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:58 am
Horsemen have a general disdain towards students in the same way that if you were hundreds of years old and someone 16 was QQing to you about life being unfair and world injustices, you would really need some ******** patience to deal with that

There was however a beautiful story about a 200 year old virgin horseman who fell in love with an extremely mediocre student and he did nothing but stare lustilg at the extremely mediocre student for a whole decade.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:36 pm
I have a question about quest characters regaurding students faction/race.. um If you have a demon character can it have mixed qualities like..for example be a wolf demon but also have wings or magic abilities?  

Niyakami

11,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:10 pm
Niyakami
I have a question about quest characters regaurding students faction/race.. um If you have a demon character can it have mixed qualities like..for example be a wolf demon but also have wings or magic abilities?

So long as you come up with a history/background and racial information to justify it, just about anything works~

A good place to start would be to ask yourself why. Why does the wolf demon have wings? Why are they magical? What sort of magic do they do? Why do they need it? etc etc~  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 pm
Marushii
Niyakami

So long as you come up with a history/background and racial information to justify it, just about anything works~

A good place to start would be to ask yourself why. Why does the wolf demon have wings? Why are they magical? What sort of magic do they do? Why do they need it? etc etc~

Well im having a bit of trouble..i have a few ideas but im not sure what is aloud and what isnt. (like her father being a wolf demon and her mother being a vampire or a demon with wings in wich she enherits them from? and the magic would be either from her mother or learned as she was seperated from her parents and was adopted by a mage/wich/enchantress or something? im not sure..) Can you mabey help me by giving some examples of why a wolf demon mite have wings or magic?  

Niyakami

11,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:05 pm
Niyakami

Well im having a bit of trouble..i have a few ideas but im not sure what is aloud and what isnt. (like her father being a wolf demon and her mother being a vampire or a demon with wings in wich she enherits them from? and the magic would be either from her mother or learned as she was seperated from her parents and was adopted by a mage/wich/enchantress or something? im not sure..) Can you mabey help me by giving some examples of why a wolf demon mite have wings or magic?

Have you taken a look at our World Information subforum? I think if you gave that a read it would help you a lot. Otherwise if one parent was a wolf demon and the other was, say, a vampire then the offspring would be a wolf demon OR a vampire as mixed races don't occur in TiH.

As to whether one parent was a wolf demon and the other was some sort of demon with wings... I think there would need to be more justification then that, as that comes off as "this character is a wolf with wings because." Because why? "I dunno, because."

If you want a character that's a wolf with magical attributes, I would strongly suggest doing some research on wolf mythology. Wikipedia and the Monstropedia are two good places to start. There are countless sources out there on the internet -- I suggest reading through a couple of these places and doing some research. If you can't find a pre-existing creature that would suit your needs, then you're more than welcome to create one.

As far as examples go... I think researching existing myths would be a great starting point for you.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:12 pm
Marushii
Niyakami

Have you taken a look at our World Information subforum? I think if you gave that a read it would help you a lot. Otherwise if one parent was a wolf demon and the other was, say, a vampire then the offspring would be a wolf demon OR a vampire as mixed races don't occur in TiH.

As to whether one parent was a wolf demon and the other was some sort of demon with wings... I think there would need to be more justification then that, as that comes off as "this character is a wolf with wings because." Because why? "I dunno, because."

If you want a character that's a wolf with magical attributes, I would strongly suggest doing some research on wolf mythology. Wikipedia and the Monstropedia are two good places to start. There are countless sources out there on the internet -- I suggest reading through a couple of these places and doing some research. If you can't find a pre-existing creature that would suit your needs, then you're more than welcome to create one.

As far as examples go... I think researching existing myths would be a great starting point for you.

oh ok thanks. Ive been reading but having trouble finding anything but ill read more. But I was also thinking what if she was a hellhound(wolf?) The wings she enerited from her father wich would be used to guard the deapths of hell from anything that could fly? Or is a hellhound considered a monster? I guess it is x.x; I have a bit of trouble with telling whats demon and whats monster..  

Niyakami

11,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:30 pm
Niyakami
oh ok thanks. Ive been reading but having trouble finding anything but ill read more. But I was also thinking what if she was a hellhound(wolf?) The wings she enerited from her father wich would be used to guard the deapths of hell from anything that could fly? Or is a hellhound considered a monster? I guess it is x.x; I have a bit of trouble with telling whats demon and whats monster..

Generally, if it's more "physical" it's a monster, if it's more "magical" then it's a demon. We have two hellhounds in TiH, and one is a monster whereas the other is a demon actually! Neither have wings though.

It sounds like you're interested in having a wolf-based character with wings. Does your character necessarily have to have wings? If she does, I would look around various mythologies to find some more justification.

Otherwise~ I personally had a werewolf character who had wings only when she used a Fear attack, as she channeled draconic powers to attack her opponents. She was a "stage four" character though, so if you'd like to do something similar you can -- you will just have to work very, very hard for it though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:02 am
Marushii
Niyakami

Generally, if it's more "physical" it's a monster, if it's more "magical" then it's a demon. We have two hellhounds in TiH, and one is a monster whereas the other is a demon actually! Neither have wings though.

It sounds like you're interested in having a wolf-based character with wings. Does your character necessarily have to have wings? If she does, I would look around various mythologies to find some more justification.

Otherwise~ I personally had a werewolf character who had wings only when she used a Fear attack, as she channeled draconic powers to attack her opponents. She was a "stage four" character though, so if you'd like to do something similar you can -- you will just have to work very, very hard for it though.
ive seen people on their student characters profiles have "extras" can you have any extras if you have reason for them? like can she be a wolf demon and have small wings as an extra, used for stealth? For example she would hover above the ground to be silent and not heard comming towards a prey/enemy? But she could only use the wings to hover and not actualy fly? So that for the most part she would be a wolf demon?  

Niyakami

11,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:34 pm
That's fine~  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm
I've been thinking of starting a new student quest, and to go along with some ideas I've had, I was wondering:

Well, first, I know there is already a Byakko species in Halloween (Willow being a case in point). But I would really like to make a Byakko based off the species from Ao No Exorcist (because they're beautiful, and the manga/anime is like my OTP yesh). Would it be possible to make them a different type of Byakko, like a hybrid or off-shoot that formed from FEAR of the legend, and the anime both, in the human world?? Or a similar alternative that may make cannon sense?? ...

Which leads to my second question. I know Jove is foxfire. So is it possible to make a Halloween character from a minipet, or is that a special limited admin-only privilege?? (Because I also know Grey, Jove's player, is both an admin and the creator of the foxfires if I recall correctly).

Edit: Thank you Iizbot smile  

xoxomenai

Apocalyptic Cutie-Pie

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:15 am
Please never say hybrid because NO HYBRIDS but if you want to make an alternate version, that can be viable, as long as it's reasonable. When it comes to basing something off of a game/anime/book though, remember that what you make in TiH will not actually be that creature, it's background and abilities should be built around this setting, not that of the source material.

No, it's not possible for a minipet to become a student, regardless of the players status as a staff member, as they don't have a core/soul. Jove was never a minipet. However, it's not unusual for minipets to take on similar characteristics and appearances (in miniature) of TiH citizens. Like, there's pretty obviously both dragon minipets and dragon students, some with similar appearances. There's ghost dog minipets, and ghost dog students. If you wan't a student that shares certain appearance aspects with a minipet? That can be possible, but you must get permission from the artist first.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games