Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:22 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location : Great Hall

Emma had to admit she loved the boat ride, even with the company. Getting taken off to be sorted, she was nervous obviously. In fact she couldn't be more nervous then she was now... Okay aside from when she discovered magic really was real. Granted she wasn't just nervous she was also a myriad of other things like over excited not to mention curious. Standing in the group of her future classmates, Emma hoped she'd find where she needed to be like her uncle and maybe even make some friends.

"Emma Bailey."

When her name was called Emma took a breath. She was center stage. Looking to where her uncle was, she gave him a smile before taking a seat on the stool. 'Please put me somewhere I'll fit in.' she thought as the hat was placed on her head.

With: First years...

Wearing: All in Pink under Plain Black Robes

OOC: ---

]People say that, in a nutshell, I'm always happy, laughing and carefree. Well at least when my dad isn't telling me I shouldn’t have an imagination. Then I’m down right stubborn and persist about what I believe in. Though I don't see him anymore not since I moved in with my uncle. My mum says I have a real gift for coming up with stories and am very artistic. Although I don’t know about that... I do know that I love figuring out puzzles and word searches or even the occasional crossword. Guess I'm your regular private eye. I am a loyal friend to those who earn my loyalty and I like spending time with others. I talk quite a bit if I want to and I love to have fun. I've been said to be emotionally sporadic. I can go from one extreme to the other without much thought. So please don't upset me because I don't want to blow my top off.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
A loyal friend like you?
I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:01 pm
User Image

TαmαkixCunninghαm

Unsorted || First Year || Pureblood

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━↘↘

Tamaki was brimming from a mixture of excitement and nervousness, literally shaking as she was next up in line for sorting. Stepping forward, she watched as she was now in front of the crowd of students seated at all four tables in the hall. The information now registering in her mind, she began to have a bit of a mental panic. "Tah-Tamaki Cunningham." She said plainly before adjusting her robe and sitting down on the stool. She gave Corinna a weak smile, but it ended up looking as a plea for help. She hoped that they would stay together, not wanting to abandon her first real friend here.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm shy, but easygoing and motivated. I pride myself on my intelligence, but don't rub it in front of my friend's faces. When I say I'll do something, I'll do whatever it takes to get it done. I do my best to see the good in everyone, even when they're cruel and snobbish. I'm patient around others and enjoy helping them with whatever they may need as long as I can help. Whenever I get flustered, such as when I'm off my schedule, I tend to get anxious and irritable. If it continues for long enough, I am prone to snapping at people. When this happens, a short break or time alone is all that I need to feel better. However, I usually apologize constantly to the person I yelled at, hoping that they forgive me for my outburst.

Actions: Trying on the Sorting Hat
Thoughts: Please let us stay together...
OOC:

Writerly Ink

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:04 pm
User Image
xx❀ Clementine (Minnie) Fenwick ❀xx
xxxx

❀Your very first day ❀ TIME OF YEAR
❀Take a deep breath girl ❀ LOOKING
❀Take a deep breath as you walk through the doors ❀ LOCATION

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                              Clementine bit her lip ever so slightly as she watched her peers and even her sister step up to the sorting hat as their names were called. When her name was finally called she took a deep breath of relief. Lynn was already sorted into Gryffindor and Zeph was a Hufflepuff, but she wondered was either where she was to fit or was it somewhere else. Reminding herself that the hat had been sorting people for centuries apparently (imagine how many heads the tattered hat had sat on, and all things considered the hat was holding up remarkably well). She just wanted a place where she could have her own family of sorts, because wasn't that what houses were in a way? They were who you spent the most time with after all. Sitting down she waited for the hat to make his decision.

■ HONEST Minnie strongly believes that honesty is the best policy. She would rather a truth that hurts be told to her than a lie that makes her feel good at the time. Believing in the importance of honesty she is unafraid to be direct about the truth.
                                                  ■ TACTFUL For being so honest all the time, Minnie is surprisingly tactful in her honesty. Minnie has always felt, just because you have to tell someone something they would rather not hear doesn't mean you have to be cruel in your honesty.
                                                  ■ INCISIVE Minnie while quick to come to a decision, does weigh the costs and benefits of her decision making; however, she tends to do this quickly and prefers to think of herself as the type who is best to 'think on her feet'.
                                                  ■ MODEST Minnie has never felt the need to brag or advertise her achievements or talents and would much rather not be put in the spotlight.
                                                  ■ SUPERSTITIOUS Minnie has always been a strong believer in luck and fate, but more importantly that she can control it through certain habits, which include simple things like not opening umbrellas indoors to finding a coin face up.

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:08 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Awesome at the Sorting Ceremony with The Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Eager
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Not that it matters, I just want to know! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ǀ αм αη αηαяcнιѕт. Aη α η т ι c н я ι ѕ т. Aη αѕтєяιѕк. ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм αη αησяαк. Aη α c σ ℓ у т є. Aη αccι∂єηтαℓ... ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм є ℓ є ν є η ƒєєт ... Oкαу, єιgнт ... ѕιχ ƒ σ σ т тняєє ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxx
                                                          ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η ❊ ❊ ❊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJasmine approached the hat when her name was called with a weirdly nervous buzzing in her limbs. She walked with her back straight, shoulders back, looking for all the world like this was No Big Deal. Which, to her, it wasn't.. and it was. She couldn't quite decide which it was, actually. On the one hand, she didn't much care where she went. She thought all of the houses were great, in their own ways, and would be honored to have any of the traits they were famous for. But, on the other hand... the sorting ceremony was one of those rights of passage, a Really Big Deal that was Super Important. Beth had never gotten to be sorted, and was still bitter about it, not that she'd ever admit it. Jazzy was willing to bet that her older sister was insanely jealous of her right now. Whatever the case, even if it didn't matter where she went, even if she'd be happy in any house... She still wanted to know which one it would be! What colors her uniform would bear, what crest, which animal would represent her, what Quidditch team she'd cheer for, or maybe play on, she hadn't decided yet. She wouldn't care which house it was, in the end... but that didn't mean she didn't want to know!

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ нανє α т є η ∂ є η c у тσ є χ α g g є я α т є נυѕт α ℓιттℓє вιт
                                                          xxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм α ρℓαgιαяιѕт. A ρ σ ℓ σ g ι ѕ т . A ωαℓяυѕcσкєнєα∂ℓιzαя∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм αη σ ρ т ι м ι ѕ т. A cℓσѕєтє∂ м ι ѕ σ g у η ι ѕ т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality under spoiler

■ TACTICAL Jasmine's father raised his daughters from an early age to be clever and competitive; he taught the girls to hunt, taught them about war, taught them to fight. Jazzy took to it better than her sister did, her keen mind easily picking up on strategies and skills that eluded Elizabeth.
                                                          ■ CHARISMATIC She's very easy to like; big smiles, bright eyes, sweet words. Her kindness is usually genuine, though at times it's merely a tactic to get what she wants. Typically she uses it to her advantage in situations where compromise is called for but both parties are being stubborn, something she perfected by using it on her parents and sister. She is an honestly positive and kind person, but there are times it's all an act.
                                                          ■ STUBBORN Jazzy, like her mother, has a stubborn streak a mile wide. She's demanding and impatient, and refuses to budge from her position unless someone shoves her, quite literally. She respects strength and intelligence, but doesn't back down until she's proven 100% wrong. Even then, sometimes she refuses to apologize, because she's not sorry she was wrong, they should be sorry it took them so long to prove it.
                                                          ■ WITTY Part of her charm is her wit; she's a clever girl, quick with a joke or a play on words to make her companions laugh. She's also excellent at insulting people without them realizing she's done it. While she generally prefers to use this to entertain her friends, she's not above getting a smug sense of satisfaction for leaving someone scratching their heads if they anger her.
                                                          ■ DARING Thanks to her father, she likes to think that she knows no fear. The things she is afraid of, she insists aren't fears, but practical aversions. She's adventurous and always game to try something new, be it a weird food or a death-defying stunt. She doesn't let fear hold her back, preferring to face it. Any time she hears that voice in her head saying 'no, don't do it,' she charges in full force, just to defy it.
                                                          ■ LOYAL At the end of the day, Jazzy would do absolutely anything for the people she loves. She would bend over backwards to help them out of a tight spot, and put her life on the line to save theirs. She's broken multiple bones defending friends from playground bullies, including all the bones in her hand after throwing a right hook at a boy's face for trying to look up her sister's skirt. Once her loyalty is earned, it is unwavering, except in the case of the utmost betrayal. She's quick to forgive slights against herself, though if you hurt one of her other friends, she'll write you off without blinking.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

LoricWarrior

Agile Shapeshifter

13,940 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:26 pm
Rosælle Cameron

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm fiercely loyal and compassionate; I’m slow to trust, but once I do, You’ve got yourself a friend for life. I may be indecisive at times, but if I feel strongly about something, I’ll know what I want to do, and I do it. I may be shy and not be all that extroverted, but when it comes to my friends, that changes, because I feel comfortable around them, and if someone hurts my friends, I hurt them back, because my friends, to me, are like another family.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:41 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

TheRealKiru
User Image

TαmαkixCunninghαm

Unsorted || First Year || Pureblood

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━↘↘

Tamaki was brimming from a mixture of excitement and nervousness, literally shaking as she was next up in line for sorting. Stepping forward, she watched as she was now in front of the crowd of students seated at all four tables in the hall. The information now registering in her mind, she began to have a bit of a mental panic. "Tah-Tamaki Cunningham." She said plainly before adjusting her robe and sitting down on the stool. She gave Corinna a weak smile, but it ended up looking as a plea for help. She hoped that they would stay together, not wanting to abandon her first real friend here.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm shy, but easygoing and motivated. I pride myself on my intelligence, but don't rub it in front of my friend's faces. When I say I'll do something, I'll do whatever it takes to get it done. I do my best to see the good in everyone, even when they're cruel and snobbish. I'm patient around others and enjoy helping them with whatever they may need as long as I can help. Whenever I get flustered, such as when I'm off my schedule, I tend to get anxious and irritable. If it continues for long enough, I am prone to snapping at people. When this happens, a short break or time alone is all that I need to feel better. However, I usually apologize constantly to the person I yelled at, hoping that they forgive me for my outburst.

Actions: Trying on the Sorting Hat
Thoughts: Please let us stay together...
OOC:

Writerly Ink

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Why hide your intelligence?
You have much to show the world.
I think you'll do well in...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

mc2
User Image
xx❀ Clementine (Minnie) Fenwick ❀xx
xxxx

❀Your very first day ❀ TIME OF YEAR
❀Take a deep breath girl ❀ LOOKING
❀Take a deep breath as you walk through the doors ❀ LOCATION

Clementine bit her lip ever so slightly as she watched her peers and even her sister step up to the sorting hat as their names were called. When her name was finally called she took a deep breath of relief. Lynn was already sorted into Gryffindor and Zeph was a Hufflepuff, but she wondered was either where she was to fit or was it somewhere else. Reminding herself that the hat had been sorting people for centuries apparently (imagine how many heads the tattered hat had sat on, and all things considered the hat was holding up remarkably well). She just wanted a place where she could have her own family of sorts, because wasn't that what houses were in a way? They were who you spent the most time with after all. Sitting down she waited for the hat to make his decision.

■ HONEST Minnie strongly believes that honesty is the best policy. She would rather a truth that hurts be told to her than a lie that makes her feel good at the time. Believing in the importance of honesty she is unafraid to be direct about the truth.
                                                  ■ TACTFUL For being so honest all the time, Minnie is surprisingly tactful in her honesty. Minnie has always felt, just because you have to tell someone something they would rather not hear doesn't mean you have to be cruel in your honesty.
                                                  ■ INCISIVE Minnie while quick to come to a decision, does weigh the costs and benefits of her decision making; however, she tends to do this quickly and prefers to think of herself as the type who is best to 'think on her feet'.
                                                  ■ MODEST Minnie has never felt the need to brag or advertise her achievements or talents and would much rather not be put in the spotlight.
                                                  ■ SUPERSTITIOUS Minnie has always been a strong believer in luck and fate, but more importantly that she can control it through certain habits, which include simple things like not opening umbrellas indoors to finding a coin face up.

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

An honest soul, quick to a decision.
Allow me to make my own honest, quick decision.
You'll find a family in the house of...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:47 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cara MiaKitty
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Awesome at the Sorting Ceremony with The Sorting Hat
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Eager
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Not that it matters, I just want to know! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ǀ αм αη αηαяcнιѕт. Aη α η т ι c н я ι ѕ т. Aη αѕтєяιѕк. ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм αη αησяαк. Aη α c σ ℓ у т є. Aη αccι∂єηтαℓ... ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ǀ αм є ℓ є ν є η ƒєєт ... Oкαу, єιgнт ... ѕιχ ƒ σ σ т тняєє ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxx
                                                          ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η ❊ ❊ ❊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJasmine approached the hat when her name was called with a weirdly nervous buzzing in her limbs. She walked with her back straight, shoulders back, looking for all the world like this was No Big Deal. Which, to her, it wasn't.. and it was. She couldn't quite decide which it was, actually. On the one hand, she didn't much care where she went. She thought all of the houses were great, in their own ways, and would be honored to have any of the traits they were famous for. But, on the other hand... the sorting ceremony was one of those rights of passage, a Really Big Deal that was Super Important. Beth had never gotten to be sorted, and was still bitter about it, not that she'd ever admit it. Jazzy was willing to bet that her older sister was insanely jealous of her right now. Whatever the case, even if it didn't matter where she went, even if she'd be happy in any house... She still wanted to know which one it would be! What colors her uniform would bear, what crest, which animal would represent her, what Quidditch team she'd cheer for, or maybe play on, she hadn't decided yet. She wouldn't care which house it was, in the end... but that didn't mean she didn't want to know!

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ нανє α т є η ∂ є η c у тσ є χ α g g є я α т є נυѕт α ℓιттℓє вιт
                                                          xxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм α ρℓαgιαяιѕт. A ρ σ ℓ σ g ι ѕ т . A ωαℓяυѕcσкєнєα∂ℓιzαя∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ αм αη σ ρ т ι м ι ѕ т. A cℓσѕєтє∂ м ι ѕ σ g у η ι ѕ т
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ ǀ ƒ σ υ g н т тнє Ɓ я ι т ι ѕ н αη∂ ǀ ω σ η

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Personality under spoiler

■ TACTICAL Jasmine's father raised his daughters from an early age to be clever and competitive; he taught the girls to hunt, taught them about war, taught them to fight. Jazzy took to it better than her sister did, her keen mind easily picking up on strategies and skills that eluded Elizabeth.
                                                          ■ CHARISMATIC She's very easy to like; big smiles, bright eyes, sweet words. Her kindness is usually genuine, though at times it's merely a tactic to get what she wants. Typically she uses it to her advantage in situations where compromise is called for but both parties are being stubborn, something she perfected by using it on her parents and sister. She is an honestly positive and kind person, but there are times it's all an act.
                                                          ■ STUBBORN Jazzy, like her mother, has a stubborn streak a mile wide. She's demanding and impatient, and refuses to budge from her position unless someone shoves her, quite literally. She respects strength and intelligence, but doesn't back down until she's proven 100% wrong. Even then, sometimes she refuses to apologize, because she's not sorry she was wrong, they should be sorry it took them so long to prove it.
                                                          ■ WITTY Part of her charm is her wit; she's a clever girl, quick with a joke or a play on words to make her companions laugh. She's also excellent at insulting people without them realizing she's done it. While she generally prefers to use this to entertain her friends, she's not above getting a smug sense of satisfaction for leaving someone scratching their heads if they anger her.
                                                          ■ DARING Thanks to her father, she likes to think that she knows no fear. The things she is afraid of, she insists aren't fears, but practical aversions. She's adventurous and always game to try something new, be it a weird food or a death-defying stunt. She doesn't let fear hold her back, preferring to face it. Any time she hears that voice in her head saying 'no, don't do it,' she charges in full force, just to defy it.
                                                          ■ LOYAL At the end of the day, Jazzy would do absolutely anything for the people she loves. She would bend over backwards to help them out of a tight spot, and put her life on the line to save theirs. She's broken multiple bones defending friends from playground bullies, including all the bones in her hand after throwing a right hook at a boy's face for trying to look up her sister's skirt. Once her loyalty is earned, it is unwavering, except in the case of the utmost betrayal. She's quick to forgive slights against herself, though if you hurt one of her other friends, she'll write you off without blinking.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A loyal young warrior!
Fear is not a word found upon your tongue,
But friendship is such a word.
I know just where to put you!

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:49 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

LoricWarrior
Rosælle Cameron

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm fiercely loyal and compassionate; I’m slow to trust, but once I do, You’ve got yourself a friend for life. I may be indecisive at times, but if I feel strongly about something, I’ll know what I want to do, and I do it. I may be shy and not be all that extroverted, but when it comes to my friends, that changes, because I feel comfortable around them, and if someone hurts my friends, I hurt them back, because my friends, to me, are like another family.

A loyal and strong heart,
A friend to the end.
You'll do just fine in...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:10 pm
User Image

× × ×

This is the book

I never read
                                                          × ×

×xxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxxxx× × ×

These are the words

I never said

× ×
                                                          × × × This is the

path I'll never tread

× × ×

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

♥ ♡ ♥ These

are the dreams I'll

dream instead
                                                          ♥ ♡ ♥

xxx

I am...

In the Great Hall

xxx

Feeling...

Excited

xxx

With...

The rest of the first years

Tiberia looked all around her, soaking up the fantastic sight of the Great Hall. It was magnificent, magical, and her new home. A feeling of giddiness welled up inside her and she couldn't stop the smile from etching across her face. The train ride and sailing across the Black Lake was nothing in comparison to standing inside Hogwarts itself. Her eyes shifted from the architecture of the hall to the mass of students surrounding her. Some looked as excited and curious as her, others looked nervous or indifferent. She had heard stories from her parents about their days roaming these halls, feasting on pasties and the trouble they seemed to find themselves in on a weekly basis. Tiberia had known what to expect but being here herself was different. 'I wonder what house I'll be sorted into.' She figured she'd have a decent chance at any, but figured it would either be Ravenclaw, her mother's house, or Slytherin which was her father's. 'I can't wait to start classes! Transfiguration is going to be the best ever! I wonder who my professor will be? Oh, and Potions too! I wonder what they'll have us make first? Obviously something basic, I mean, we are first years after all.' Her thoughts were interrupted as her stomach made an announcement. The excitement was too much for her to eat on the train, so she hadn't had anything all day except for half of a biscuit with clotted cream and jam and a handful of berries. Tib was really looking forward to her first meal as a Hogwarts student, so much so that she could almost taste the roasted chicken and pumpkin juice she swore she smelled.

'Please let the sorting begin soon! I'm not sure I can be still much longer.' She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and fidgeting with her wand through her robe sleeve, almost impatiently. If it didn't begin soon, she'd either wither from starvation, explode from anticipation or wet herself from excitement. 'I hope I get either Ravenclaw or Slytherin!'

× × ×

Out Of Character

× ×

Quote:
                                                          People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Nice, kind, charming and smart. I'm pretty quiet when first meeting people but I can warm up fast to the right people. I thoroughly enjoy my studies, particularly Transfiguration and Potions. The idea of creating and changing things appeals to me for some reason. I always do my best to be helpful to both my peers and adult figures though sometimes I think I get used, which bothers me a lot.

Vicious Vices

Anxious Giver

9,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:27 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

HP Slothcraft
User Image

× × ×

This is the book

I never read
                                                          × ×

×xxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxxxx× × ×

These are the words

I never said

× ×
                                                          × × × This is the

path I'll never tread

× × ×

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

♥ ♡ ♥ These

are the dreams I'll

dream instead
                                                          ♥ ♡ ♥

xxx

I am...

In the Great Hall

xxx

Feeling...

Excited

xxx

With...

The rest of the first years

Tiberia looked all around her, soaking up the fantastic sight of the Great Hall. It was magnificent, magical, and her new home. A feeling of giddiness welled up inside her and she couldn't stop the smile from etching across her face. The train ride and sailing across the Black Lake was nothing in comparison to standing inside Hogwarts itself. Her eyes shifted from the architecture of the hall to the mass of students surrounding her. Some looked as excited and curious as her, others looked nervous or indifferent. She had heard stories from her parents about their days roaming these halls, feasting on pasties and the trouble they seemed to find themselves in on a weekly basis. Tiberia had known what to expect but being here herself was different. 'I wonder what house I'll be sorted into.' She figured she'd have a decent chance at any, but figured it would either be Ravenclaw, her mother's house, or Slytherin which was her father's. 'I can't wait to start classes! Transfiguration is going to be the best ever! I wonder who my professor will be? Oh, and Potions too! I wonder what they'll have us make first? Obviously something basic, I mean, we are first years after all.' Her thoughts were interrupted as her stomach made an announcement. The excitement was too much for her to eat on the train, so she hadn't had anything all day except for half of a biscuit with clotted cream and jam and a handful of berries. Tib was really looking forward to her first meal as a Hogwarts student, so much so that she could almost taste the roasted chicken and pumpkin juice she swore she smelled.

'Please let the sorting begin soon! I'm not sure I can be still much longer.' She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and fidgeting with her wand through her robe sleeve, almost impatiently. If it didn't begin soon, she'd either wither from starvation, explode from anticipation or wet herself from excitement. 'I hope I get either Ravenclaw or Slytherin!'

× × ×

Out Of Character

× ×

Quote:
                                                          People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Nice, kind, charming and smart. I'm pretty quiet when first meeting people but I can warm up fast to the right people. I thoroughly enjoy my studies, particularly Transfiguration and Potions. The idea of creating and changing things appeals to me for some reason. I always do my best to be helpful to both my peers and adult figures though sometimes I think I get used, which bothers me a lot.

Ravenclaw or Slytherin you say?
All in a desire to be like your family,
But that is a welcome desire.
Your creative mind would do you well in...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:16 pm
User Image
Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Hannah spent the last few minutes in the antechamber making herself as ready as she figured she'd be for the whole Sorting ceremony. The cute purple bow she'd worn was replaced by a plain, boring ol' black tie her cousin insisted she put up, after explaining it would take on her House colours once it was ascertained into which House she would go. Of course, she finally put the black school robes on over her cute outfit, along with the witch's hat, making her looking like everybody else. Well, maybe not everybody... there was only one other incoming student she'd seen with purple hair, though not so long as hers, nor with purple eyes.

It was amazing to see the Great Hall, with the brilliant moon against a cloud-scudded sky as the ceiling, the candles hovering in the middle of the air casting their warm glow upon all the students seated at the tables, and the grand dais where the teachers sat above them all, rather like the Lords and Ladies of Olympus.

When 'Siobhan Grey' was called, for a moment Hannah was rooted in her spot, partly because nobody called her that except for her cousin and her parents, and partly because she was now a bit nervous and a little scared. She didn't mind being the center of attention, that was okay, except now was the moment when her adventure would really begin. 'What if I don't belong anywhere?' she thought, as all of a sudden she wasn't feeling particularly brave, clever, smart, or dedicated.

The question she'd asked Marine was suddenly turned upon her, and eleven years old seemed awfully young to have to start answering existential questions of herself. Its like those puzzles Linny asked of her, ones which drove her to tears, because she could never answer them to her cousin's satisfaction, because she couldn't riddle out what she truly meant: 'Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you going? Whom do you serve, and whom do you trust?'

Hannah shook out her violet hair, and walked out to where the Sorting Hat awaited, determined not to let anyone think she was having some jitters. As she proceeded, she hoped she might spot her cousin among the other students assembled, but it was impossible, there were too many black-robed figures at the tables to single out one. 'She's here,' Hannah thought, 'She promised she would be, and Linny would never not be here for me.'

When she sat on the stool, and the brim of the artefact hat rested upon the bridge of her small nose, hiding the rest of the Great Hall from her eyes and Hannah thought to it. 'So I guess you can read hearts and minds, don't you? What does my heart say to you? Do I belong with Linny, and the House she and Momma and Mother Grey are part of, or Da's House, or do I walk my own path, and nobody else's? Where do I go from here?'

Personality:

■ Hannah has a vivid imagination, and enjoys playing what some might call ‘roleplaying games’ or pretend. She enjoys drawing and writing about the things she imagines, and has even made her own costumes so she can take on the role of characters she’s made up.
■ Unfortunately, Hannah also has a nasty habit of getting lost in her imaginings, or a book, or whatever else she might be doing
■ Hannah likes making friends, and being surrounded by friends. She usually has a ready smile a cheery disposition and easy charm.
■ Hannah gets bored easily and her curiosity can lead her into places she might not want to be.
■ Hannah has a good memory, which is good because she doesn’t necessarily have the best study habits, and is good at spotting things others might not catch at first glance. Now, whether whatever it is is important or not …well, that maybe another story.
■ Hannah is scrupulous in keeping her word, a promise made is as good as gold in Gringott’s vaults, and if sworn to secrecy about something, nothing short of a Crucio or an Imperious will get it out of her.

OOC:
Username

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Writerly Ink

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:53 pm
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

C O R I N N A
R E N E E
W I L L I A M S

UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years Old

Tamaki hoped they would be in the same house, and Corinna desperately hoped so too, but trusted that she would be placed where she belonged by the ancient hat. After all, who knew how many witches and wizards before her had been sorted in much the same way? Cori had no idea which houses were what, but surely if such individual sorting was required there must be unique qualities to each house. With her friend or no, Corinna decided she’d rather be placed with students boasting similar qualities as herself than end up in one where she’d be the complete opposite of everyone else. Looking at the colors worn by the students at the four tables, there were four houses. Well, she had a good shot of getting sorted into the same house as Tamaki. Goodness, she hoped she’d be in the same house as her friend. ”Corinna Williams!” Cori jumped when her name was called, but boldly stepped up to the stool, sat upon it, and had the old hat placed upon her head. This was it!

Personality: I'm observant, seeing all the little things no one notices, and because of that I am bright, learning from what I see and hear. Sometimes I observe too much and see the more private side of people's lives - like insecurities, secret relationships, damaged items etc. and may use that to either gain the upper hand or know the stresses upon someone and am better able to help. I love to read about new things, too, so I've learned a lot of things from that and am able to conceptualize big ideas in the world around me, but sometimes that makes me a bossy know-it-all, which I really hate but slip into the mindset anyway.

People also say I'm inventive because I sketch lots of new ideas, even though I only sometimes attempt them. My parents say I am kind, and I am to just about everyone I meet, but if I don't like the person or they lose my respect I can get a bit nasty. Still, my parents say I am compassionate to a fault, often helping those who would take advantage of me. I just can't help but at least smile warmly at everyone I see, though. Sometimes I get a bit cheeky, or hyper and fun, but mostly I keep to myself and watch from the sidelines - as the phrase goes - so I can process new things, think up new ideas, or simply daydream.

OOC: I’m so stinking excited!
TheRealKiru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:25 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Graydon Ironshield
User Image
Siobhan 'Hannah' Grey
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Hannah spent the last few minutes in the antechamber making herself as ready as she figured she'd be for the whole Sorting ceremony. The cute purple bow she'd worn was replaced by a plain, boring ol' black tie her cousin insisted she put up, after explaining it would take on her House colours once it was ascertained into which House she would go. Of course, she finally put the black school robes on over her cute outfit, along with the witch's hat, making her looking like everybody else. Well, maybe not everybody... there was only one other incoming student she'd seen with purple hair, though not so long as hers, nor with purple eyes.

It was amazing to see the Great Hall, with the brilliant moon against a cloud-scudded sky as the ceiling, the candles hovering in the middle of the air casting their warm glow upon all the students seated at the tables, and the grand dais where the teachers sat above them all, rather like the Lords and Ladies of Olympus.

When 'Siobhan Grey' was called, for a moment Hannah was rooted in her spot, partly because nobody called her that except for her cousin and her parents, and partly because she was now a bit nervous and a little scared. She didn't mind being the center of attention, that was okay, except now was the moment when her adventure would really begin. 'What if I don't belong anywhere?' she thought, as all of a sudden she wasn't feeling particularly brave, clever, smart, or dedicated.

The question she'd asked Marine was suddenly turned upon her, and eleven years old seemed awfully young to have to start answering existential questions of herself. Its like those puzzles Linny asked of her, ones which drove her to tears, because she could never answer them to her cousin's satisfaction, because she couldn't riddle out what she truly meant: 'Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you going? Whom do you serve, and whom do you trust?'

Hannah shook out her violet hair, and walked out to where the Sorting Hat awaited, determined not to let anyone think she was having some jitters. As she proceeded, she hoped she might spot her cousin among the other students assembled, but it was impossible, there were too many black-robed figures at the tables to single out one. 'She's here,' Hannah thought, 'She promised she would be, and Linny would never not be here for me.'

When she sat on the stool, and the brim of the artefact hat rested upon the bridge of her small nose, hiding the rest of the Great Hall from her eyes and Hannah thought to it. 'So I guess you can read hearts and minds, don't you? What does my heart say to you? Do I belong with Linny, and the House she and Momma and Mother Grey are part of, or Da's House, or do I walk my own path, and nobody else's? Where do I go from here?'

Personality:

■ Hannah has a vivid imagination, and enjoys playing what some might call ‘roleplaying games’ or pretend. She enjoys drawing and writing about the things she imagines, and has even made her own costumes so she can take on the role of characters she’s made up.
■ Unfortunately, Hannah also has a nasty habit of getting lost in her imaginings, or a book, or whatever else she might be doing
■ Hannah likes making friends, and being surrounded by friends. She usually has a ready smile a cheery disposition and easy charm.
■ Hannah gets bored easily and her curiosity can lead her into places she might not want to be.
■ Hannah has a good memory, which is good because she doesn’t necessarily have the best study habits, and is good at spotting things others might not catch at first glance. Now, whether whatever it is is important or not …well, that maybe another story.
■ Hannah is scrupulous in keeping her word, a promise made is as good as gold in Gringott’s vaults, and if sworn to secrecy about something, nothing short of a Crucio or an Imperious will get it out of her.

OOC:
Username

User Image

Not belong?
My dear that's is nothing to worry about!
All of the students to have put me on
Have found themselves to belong!
You worry about not having the key traits,
But you are more important;you are an individual.
You're honest and friendly!
A true friend to the end!
I think you'll find you belong in...

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:29 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Writerly Ink

C O R I N N A
R E N E E
W I L L I A M S

UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years Old

Tamaki hoped they would be in the same house, and Corinna desperately hoped so too, but trusted that she would be placed where she belonged by the ancient hat. After all, who knew how many witches and wizards before her had been sorted in much the same way? Cori had no idea which houses were what, but surely if such individual sorting was required there must be unique qualities to each house. With her friend or no, Corinna decided she’d rather be placed with students boasting similar qualities as herself than end up in one where she’d be the complete opposite of everyone else. Looking at the colors worn by the students at the four tables, there were four houses. Well, she had a good shot of getting sorted into the same house as Tamaki. Goodness, she hoped she’d be in the same house as her friend. ”Corinna Williams!” Cori jumped when her name was called, but boldly stepped up to the stool, sat upon it, and had the old hat placed upon her head. This was it!

Personality: I'm observant, seeing all the little things no one notices, and because of that I am bright, learning from what I see and hear. Sometimes I observe too much and see the more private side of people's lives - like insecurities, secret relationships, damaged items etc. and may use that to either gain the upper hand or know the stresses upon someone and am better able to help. I love to read about new things, too, so I've learned a lot of things from that and am able to conceptualize big ideas in the world around me, but sometimes that makes me a bossy know-it-all, which I really hate but slip into the mindset anyway.

People also say I'm inventive because I sketch lots of new ideas, even though I only sometimes attempt them. My parents say I am kind, and I am to just about everyone I meet, but if I don't like the person or they lose my respect I can get a bit nasty. Still, my parents say I am compassionate to a fault, often helping those who would take advantage of me. I just can't help but at least smile warmly at everyone I see, though. Sometimes I get a bit cheeky, or hyper and fun, but mostly I keep to myself and watch from the sidelines - as the phrase goes - so I can process new things, think up new ideas, or simply daydream.

OOC: I’m so stinking excited!
TheRealKiru

Such a strong mind!
Inventive and a daydreamer,
Not to mention kind-hearted!
Better be....

Ravenclaw!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games