Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Out of Character Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:09 pm
Did that Umberhulk I hit with the burst make his save against the immobolized, or is he still rooted, just on his feet again?

And he's remained pretty healthy- I can always use surges after the battle, so unless until Illikan is low enough that we're worried about him going down, you can always save some of it. Besides, he's about to start some of his own tricks to help keep himself up.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:58 pm
Kowsauni

Just making sure Psychofish's question above isn't missed.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:05 pm
Sorry, I forgot to write it but he did make his save.  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 pm
Kowsauni
Ruin continues to be played like an accordion (20 damage)

Divine Challenge damage recorded and not written again? Sorry, I just need all the help I can get sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:18 am
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni
Ruin continues to be played like an accordion (20 damage)

Divine Challenge damage recorded and not written again? Sorry, I just need all the help I can get sweatdrop

Yes I' have been adding it in each round.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 10:47 am
Psychofish
Did that Umberhulk I hit with the burst make his save against the immobolized, or is he still rooted, just on his feet again?

And he's remained pretty healthy- I can always use surges after the battle, so unless until Illikan is low enough that we're worried about him going down, you can always save some of it. Besides, he's about to start some of his own tricks to help keep himself up.

Is that still relevant? Because I wasn't worried about him before, but Kuori is down to her las signifigant heal. After this its shitty temp hp stuff. I know ruin used his second wind earlier, so I am leaning towards healing him.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 1:12 pm
In other news, I am spending my weekend reading over every cleric power for levels 1-9 for every book, then checking erratta for what I picked.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 4:48 pm
I haven't used my Second wind yet, that was my plan for this round. sweatdrop . Besides, I am not liking this version of warlock, so no big loss.

PupSage
In other news, I am spending my weekend reading over every cleric power for levels 1-9 for every book, then checking errata for what I picked.

If you find an errata that you don't like; Kow did rule that he would accept either Pre or Post Errata. Case 'n point, Revenge has the version of Infernal Wrath found in the PHB and Ruin has the version found in Essentials. AND, I think Valac traded it in for something else.

Revenge's Infernal Wrath
Minor Action
Personal
Effect: You can channel your fury to gain a +1 power bonus to your next attack roll against an enemy that hit you since your last turn. If your attack hits and deals damage, add your CHA as extra damage.

Ruin's Infernal Wrath
Encounter. Fire
Free Action Close burst 10
Trigger: An enemy within 10 squares of you hits you
Target: The triggering enemy in burst
Effect: The target takes 1d6 + Charisma modifler fire damage  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:07 pm
For healing, I have a daily attack (charge+heal) but it gives hp to all allies within a very small burst, and I'm trying to avoid using it for just one person when I can tag more of y'all with it. Don't forget we have potions!  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 pm
AND Woundstitch Powder Though, the potions only give 10 hp each and cost a surge, and the power removes the need for Death Saving throws and ends untyped ongoing damage.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:58 pm
The powers is mostly because I want to ditch angelic witness.

Honestly I don't see Kuori going forward as a PC after this arc. She will probably rally the remnants of her clan, meet up with the top siders and rally them against Aria. She couldn't sway the human cities, but this is personal.
I do think it would be cool to be in a paragon level 4e game though, I've never been in one except from a level 29 heroic 1 shot game with a DM that was a total d**k and had us fight multiple Tarrasque, which we beat, only to have to immediately fight an ancient chromatic dragon of every color. It ended in a TPK, nobody was happy.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:14 pm
In that case, don't forget to look at the Skill powers. They require a feat, but some of them are REALLY good.

That said, I haven't been in a game over level 5, aside from this one, in any system. So... yeah... Usually my fault, though. sweatdrop  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 am
Well, it WAS going to be relevant, in that I'd have been grabbing temp HP every turn and had been the owner of much more than 16 HP one round ago. But if I can't land my attacks, which hasn't been happening, so no temp HP. I've used my second wind, and while I can recover a daily power, I don't think I could use my daily utility a second time to supersede the second wind once-per-fight thing.

That said, it still might not be the worst idea to focus on keeping Ruin up. We need to get one of these things down fast to turn things around, and I'm sure he does much more damage than Illikan. My prone-combos aren't even that helpful since they go immediately after me and just stand back up.

I'll have to check my sheet and see if I have potions when I get the chance, since right now I think the best thing I can do is try to self sustain to buy you guys more time to turn the tide.

I don't have a lot of HP left, but fortunately I do have a LOT of surges.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 am
You do you, but technically you could use your Armor's Daily and use your action point to regain use of your Soothing Wind(Thus regaining your Second Wind).

Edit; I half-read your post so we had the same idea, and you have a point... ignore me

That said, I would go with using your Action point to run away. At least to Irene's side, We could use the doorway to limit their possible actions per round...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:20 am
Well, its already been done. Take yourself up to half hp. I have one daily left that will actually be useful that will let everyone within 2 sq of Kuori shift 2 and attack the same enemy she attacks for free. HOPEFULLY that assault will be enough to take one of them down. Otherwise all I have left is temp hp in very small amounts. I think we really need to group up on one enemy instead of spreading out between all of them.  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games