Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:17 pm
User Image

Bethany followed the others first years into the great hall. It had been a lonely boat ride without her partner in crime. Who she still hadn't found yet. They road the train together but alas they were separated somewhere. Beth was really nervous about the whole sorting thing. No one had warned her what was about to happen. Was there an entrance exam of some sort? Most students would be pretty relieved when they were told a magic hat would sort them accordingly. The short brunette thought otherwise, how would the hat know where to put me? What if it goes by family? I'm a pureblood from a well known dark family... my parents were in Slytherin. Her thoughts continued to run amok as it became her turn and she placed the hat onto her head praying it would make a decent decision.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm actually a decent human being. Especially, if you consider where I came from. I was born a proud pureblood with the whole status and everything but growing up with my Aunt and Uncle taught me that status is a load of crock and it's family that really matters. They taught me life should be an adventure. So I turned into a bit of a trouble maker not that I purposefully go out of my way to hurt people but I enjoy playing pranks and having a good laugh. I've become very loyal to my friends and family even though I still tease them all relentlessly but we all laugh about it. I've been known to be brave because I totally climbed a tree to the very top until a flimsy branch gave way under my weight. Hey, I still got the stupid fanged Frisbee out of that stupid tree. I guess I'm not the kind of person to look before I leap headfirst into trouble.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:28 pm
User Image

Annabelle followed silently behind the rest of the first years who were about to be sorted. She noted right off the bat that her sisters were both there and seated at a table with a lion banner hanging over it. The girl knew that had to be the Gryffindor table. Bella knew in the deepest part of her heart she probably wouldn't be able to keep the Davenport family strictly to the brave lions. She wasn't as brave as her older siblings. With a sad sigh she stepped forward when it became her turn. She sat gingerly on the stool and placed the apparent all-knowing hat upon her head and crossed her fingers that it knew where she belonged because she sure as heck didn't.

Personality You'd think being raised primarily by your older sister would bring up a damaged child. The truth behind Bella was she didn't end up rude, bratty, or snobby. She was actually very similar to her eldest sister Ari. Sure she had been teased and picked on by her other sister Addie but that only brought out the best in her. Bella loved animals. They didn't tease her relentlessly like her sister. There wasn't a horse she couldn't ride at the farm down the rode. Which is where she worked at over the summer. She loved helping out the owners. Once she befriended the kind folks she'd become dead loyal to them. That's just how she was though. Always slow to befriend anyone but she'd do anything to help a friend in need. When she wasn't busy obsessing over animals she was immersed in a book. The girl had learned at a young age how to read and there was no stopping her once she found a good book. All of that reading was what seemed to be making her marks so high in school. There wasn't a test she couldn't pass.

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Trippy_Gazelle

Quotable Noob

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:21 pm
________________HAPPINESSfalseHITfalseHERfalseLIKEfalseAfalseTRAINfalseONfalseAfalseTRACKfalsefalsex
____xCOMINGfalseTOWARDfalseHERfalseSTUCKfalseSTILLfalseNOfalseTURNINGfalseBACKfalse

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
false x▬▬xxTHE HORSES ARE COMINGSO YOU BETTER RUN -
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
____________________________________________________________Marine Wellis________ Unsorted
____________________________________________________________First Year ________Muggle-raised

User Image
                                                                It had been a long journey, but oh goodness did it pay off when Marine finally set foot in the castle. The sheer size alone was astounding, but add in the architecture, vibe, and pure excitement she was feeling at that moment? The kinds of things she was feeling were inexpiable. The trip was made more fun with the companionship of Hannah, but she was lost in the crowd once they were moved into the great hall for sorting. When she saw her going up the steps to be seated and sorted, she smiled with glee when she was placed in Hufflepuff. It seemed a good fit for her, if she remembered the traits right. Each student that processed up to the Sorting Hat, Marine began to feel more and more anxious and ready to find out where she would be kept the rest of her years here. Every so often she would here the hat call out house after house. Jeez, why did she haft to have a last named that started with 'W'? She's gonna explode with restless before she can even reach the stool placed atop those marble steps. "Marine Wellis!" The brunette's icy eyes bugged and a very nervous smile inched its way across her features. It was time. Slowly she excused her way through the crowd, feeling her breath move in and out of her nose in fast paces. Wringing her hands together, she hopped herself onto the stool and felt the Sorting Hat placed on her head. It was a lot heavier than she anticipated. Her mind wouldn't stop racing with the different scenarios of every house she could be put in. Did it effect this process if her mind wasn't clear? Or could the hat see past it? Just two more questions to add to the many that were whizzing by in her brain.

↘↘ ▓ Location:Great Hall ∙ ▒ Emotion: Positively Bouncy ∙ ░ Outfit: Oxford Heels ↘↘
►► O.O.C.::
xxx ◄◄

My blood status is a mystery. I never knew who my birth parents were. I do hope to find out someday though.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm strong. Not so much physically, but emotionally and mentally. I can take a hard mental beating and keep fighting back. Being hurt by hands and by words has given me a very thick skin from a young age. This does not deter me from making new friends, but once i see you as someone who could turn on me, I'm out quicker than a bugler when the alarm sounds. This also makes me the protective type. I don't want to see others hurt the way I was so I strive to keep people safe. I laugh the easiest at puns and cheesy jokes due to being easily entertained and a people pleaser. Even if the joke wasn't that funny I'll make you feel like a world class comedian. My mothers taught me and raised me to be polite but never a pushover. While I'm a little more wobbly than they are, I still can assert myself and hold ground in my opinions and morals.

My background story is a little unique. My parents are both female. They met in college at a party none the less. Extremely romantic, right? They had instant chemistry that helped them fight through battles that shouldn't have been needed to be fought, but this is a weird world where love seems to have a gender issue. I digress. They had been together for quite sometime till they decided to raise a child together. Brianna and Helen chose to venture into an orphanage. They lock eyes on a little baby girl being held by one of the caretakers in the lounge and bonded that day. That baby was obviously me, duh. My mothers like to tell me I was a difficult baby. I tried to conflict with anything they did and giggle when they started to get angry. It drove them up the wall but still makes me smirk now. I mellowed out once I hit my toddler years. I became more adventurous and fun; wanting to figure out the meaning of use of everything around me. Of course, that meant putting a lot of things in my mouth that I really shouldn't have. I shudder at some of the stories. Anyway. I started school like any other regular kid, but I wasn't treated like any regular kid. Due to my parents love I was bullied endlessly by ignorant children who listened to their parents disgraceful comments about the fact I was raise by two women. They assaulted me and verbal abused me day by day. I stuck it out though. I came home with dried blood on my face, but also a smile to my mothers. I didn't want them to worry about me. I wanted them to see I was strong enough to take a beating and then smile afterwards ready to fight back. I was offered to be home schooled many time but I always turned it down. I wouldn't let them think they'd won. I kept my head held high all the way to my eleventh birthday. When my mother Helen, came home from work, It was business as usual. A lovely meal prepared ahead of time with laughter and stories of the day. No birthday was complete without cake. Mine was a warm and spiced carrot cake, my favorite. As I cut my first slice, there was a knock on our door. Both my mothers looked confused as Brianna went to answer. When she opened up, there was a cloaked man waiting patiently with a smile. He held a letter in his hand and asked if he could speak to us all about a very exciting matter. Helen came to her love's aide and gave the man a once over, asking him questions and prying at him to see what his true intentions were. I sat in my chair, a bit sadden by the lack of cake I was eating, but still interested in what was going on. Soon enough, he was proven truthful in his words and was let into the house and onto the couch in the sitting room. I was beckoned out since this also seemed to be centered around me. Extremely confused I listened as this stranger gave my family new that would drastically change everything I knew about myself and my predictions of my future. According to him, I was a witch. A real life magical witch with powers yet to be honed. My mothers were flabbergasted to say the least, but after lots of explanation, it seemed to click in their minds that I was never a normal child. Strange things always seemed to happen to me and around me. I however needed a little more convincing, and that came in the form of an adventure to a new school with other children like me. This was my new start in life. A place where I wasn't strange; I would be accepted. That was all I needed to hear. I was ready to jump into this new world head first.

I enjoy a nice warm cup of tea. It soothing and always seems to calm be down when I'm ready to explode. I also am a crazy animal lover. I sometimes feel I love them more than people. I love the smell of fall. No just the candle smell, which is just cinnamon in my opinion, I also mean the smell of the air. It crispness and the way it clears your nose is intoxicating to me. A new found love I have is in Quidditch. Ever since my new life started I've fallen in love with this sport. Its crazy and fasted paced! I'm also infatuated with love. I adore everything about it in every genre whether it be movies, books, real-life experiences and stories I hear from others. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart! Lastly, I could eat nothing but carrot cake for the rest of my life if given the chance. Tangy frosting, spiced cake and sweet carrots! My mouth is already watering.

I despise overbearing opinions. I really hate it when people shove their ideas down your throat. You do you, and I'll do me. Respect choices and others and if they don't mesh well with you then don't interact. I also really don't like the sound of a fork or knife scraping a plate. It send chills down my spine and i want to scream. Unneeded violence is one of my top contenders with things I don't like. I understand we are primal beings, but learn to take a step back and breathe once in a while, gosh. I really would rather freeze to death than burn to death. I hate the heat and humidity. I would much rather it be fall and winter all the time. Maybe a little spring. Finally, I'd say I really detest closed mindedness. People should try and branch out and move with the times. If someone stays stuck in familiarity then they can never really grow and evolve as a person.

My strengths are my compassion and my sturdiness. I am a soft statue I like to say. Never knocked down, but also willing to bend.

My flaws are my sensitivity and my unwillingness to let my sad emotions show. I am actually extremely sensitive and can be hurt very easily, but ill never let it show. this means that i blow up sometimes with all this bottled up emotion.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:36 pm
User Image
User Image

ooo●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя|| Uηѕσятє∂ || Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂
ooo●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

The boat ride from the Hogsmeade station to the castle was definitely a memorable one, but one memory it seemed Jo would be remembering herself. She sat in the back of a boat by herself, it seemed even the rest of the first years had already paired up and made groups of friends. However, Jo had not. The young blonde now stood in the middle of the big crowd of first years, waiting to be sorted just like everyone else. She stood straight, trying her best to look calm and collected, unlike a lot of her fellow classmates. "Charlotte Lanay." Jo took in a sharp breath as her name echoed through the Great Hall. Her hands shook ever so lightly as Jo stepped from the crowd that was now staring directly at her. She took a seat on the stool that every other student on Hogwarts had sat on when they were first years and held her breath, waiting for the Sorting Hat to do its job.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit bossy and straight forward. I tend to come off a bit rude at first, but people that know me know that isn't necessarily the case. When things are supposed to be done a certain way, I like to make sure that they are done exactly that way. If someone asks me their opinion about something I will not sugar coat it for them. I am a brutally honest person, and sometimes that can offend people. I am not a mean person, but I have no tolerance for ignorance. I tend to have a short attention span and get bored of things easily, but I never leave a project half finished. I like to finish things that I start. I am an independent person, and usually like to take the lead of group projects.

Navi Lu

SharkieBait

Quotable Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:21 am
      ۞ do not go ⥇ gentle into THAT GOOD NIGHT •♥•xx `rage against↩ THE DYING. ▋▍ of. the. light.

xxxx( First Year -- Unsorted ) xxxx( Hogsmeade > Docks > Boats > Great Hall ) xxxx( Nervous > Gitty > Proud ) xxxx( In the Great Hall with everyone else ) xxxx( some songs for you baby bird )

User Image

•♥• the xxW I T C H ---- ꟽⱯꟽɃØ[xx
                                                xxxxxxxLucianne Feldmont.

ucianne held her mother's hand gently as the Keeper of Keys came forward, calling all first years to go to the boats. Looking up at her parents, who felt more out of place then anyone else there, she squeezed her mother's hand and got on her tippy toes as she bent down to peck Luci on the cheek. Moving from her mother to her father, he just nodded and bent down for a peck himself - he never gave one, of course. Waving them goodbye, she reached up to her neck and gently pet Mojo as she joined the group of First Years that came from the Train and moved with the mob to the docks for the boats.
                                                        Getting in a boat with 3 boys who seemed liked friends outside of Hogwarts and a girl that was super nervous, she sat in the back and held the lantern on a pole as the boat moved itself into the water and across the lake after the other boats, the view of Hogwarts being one of pure beauty and power. With mouth slightly agape, she looked up at the castle as it grew closer to her and immediately began wondering what secrets it held - where she could explore. Moving from an open mouth to one with a small smirk, she waited until the boys and the little girl removed themselves from the boat before she placed the lantern pole back in it's holder and joined the gaggle of 11 year olds around the Keeper of Keys, walking up the slightly sloped hill to the front doors that were impossibly high compared to her and the others. Gently reaching out to rub her finger tips on the front door with a small smile - this wood held so much memory it was something she wanted to learn and read about asap - and once the impossibly huge doors swung open, they moved forward to up the staircase to the doors of the Great Hall, the tension and excitement palpable and contagious among the kids.
                                                        With a clap, they lined up two by two and proceeded after the Keeper and into the Great Hall - a name that was picked perfectly as she looked up to the ceiling and smiled at the cloudy moon-lit sky that was bewitched there. Moving into another gaggle of nervous kids, a scroll was unraveled after a small speech and names began being called. Thankfully her last name began with an 'F' and she didn't wait long at all.

"Feldmont. Lucianne Feldmont." Luci said excuse me a few times, moving around everyone and moved forward, saying 'Thank You' to the teacher that held the hat and she proceeded to sit on the stool, scooting a little to sit right, and folded her hands in her lap, eyes closed as she felt the weight and softened leather of the hat being placed upon the crown on her head. 'Not Hufflepuff.... not Hufflepuff... please!' She repeated a few times in her head as she withdrew her bottom lip into her mouth and gently chewed the skin.

Everyone knows that one person - the one that sits in the back of the class - silent. Always knows the answer when called on. Always first to class and first to remind the teacher of homework due. Well, while this is Lucianne in a nutshell in the Muggle world, here in the Magic world, she's forced herself out of her shell and gotten into the habit of talking to anyone, try and make as many friends as she can, regardless of house, and has gone from being the quiet, mouse-like figure of her youth to a blossoming, bright and talkative adolescent girl. Luci's the unwanted poster-child of a 180 flip in her life - going from one of the most well-known muggle children to just another of the bunch -- it's made her gitty; brave even - with a bit of stoic regard thrown in there as well. With a grin and a sparkle to her eye, Lucianne is growing as a person and moving into a teenage life with her head held high, chest puffed out and a spring her step she's never had before.

|♥| ▬▬▬▬▬▬ •◢◣• ▬▬▬▬▬▬ |♥|

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 am
User Image

User Image

First Year │ Unsorted │ Pureblood

After the lonely train ride but not so lonely boat ride, he was glad that they were finally in the castle and ready to be sorted. That meant food after, and God knew he had worked up quite a bit of an appetite. He took a seat, looked around at all the older faces, two of which he recognized as his two older cousins and sighed.

Layton's personality
                                                              Kai is mainly focused on living internally, and lives in a world of endless possibilities. Though he can verge on the edge of severe depression, he's able to keep it in check for the most part and keep his spirits up. Kai tends to be hard to get to know, as he keeps to himself for the most part and doesn't dare to break down that wall he's had built up for himself. Though he has very strong ideas and opinions, they're not very well-known as he's deeply afraid of expressing them due to the fear of negative after effects.

He insists on having personal space; perhaps a bit too much. It tends to break him off from the real world even more. Even though he tends to keep to himself, he is acutely aware of others, and can be very skilled in making out what an individual may be like by their actions alone. Despite his severely introverted self, he cares very much about those around him, and always takes their feelings into consideration when doing anything.

Name Here

OOC:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 pm
User Image
User Image

The rough voice of the sorting hat punctured the thick, suffocating silence that filled the Great Hall from corner to corner. Liam watched as the first student was sorted into Gryffindor, the boy's new house erupting into celebration as if he wasn't a stranger they had never even met. An interesting phenomena how quickly the child was accepted as family.

A moment later, the Headmistress called another name. Savannah. Melodic, yet strong. And there she was, the girl from the boat with the cards and the striking sense of independence and comfort in her own skin. She seemed unfazed by the hat's presence, and less surprised by its decision than he was. Slytherin? In an instant, every assumption he had made about her escaped past his lips in a small gasp. He was smart enough to know that not every soul bound to the house of snakes could be rooted in evil, but in his experience, they had been.

Student after student shuffled toward the front of the room, their fate to be determined by a tattered piece of fabric. He knew that wasn't entirely true, of course. It was their own personality that decided their destiny; the hat was merely an interpreter. He felt certain that, despite his family tree being littered with green and silver, he would be adding a new pop of color—a contrast to the other two shades. Liam thought he could assimilate into a crowd of badgers or lions, both with little to no difficulty, as he owned traits representative of either. Nevertheless, there was only one house in which he truly belonged, where he wouldn't get teased for spending his days off reading in the common room; where his dry sarcasm would be returned with a witty reply, rather than a hurt expression; where he would have a chance of sharing his interests with other kids his age for the first time. He wanted to fly with the eagles; to be free. He knew his destiny, but did the sorting hat?

As if in answer to his thoughts, the Headmistress called his name without hesitation.
"Liam Cade!" As automatic as the minute hand of a clock jumping from one number to the next, the soon-to-be-sorted first year put one foot in front of the other, approaching the aged stool to allow the hat to decipher his personality and spit it out for the entire room to hear.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm an enigma. From the outside, I'm usually quiet and seemingly shy, but in reality that's either because I'm analyzing the situation and determining whether or not to speak, or simply a side effect of my closed, independent, and self-sustaining lifestyle. I'm intelligent—not just from spending the better half of each day reading, but from being highly receptive...like an air filter, soaking in everything around me. I'm more of a functional intellectual; a collector of information that can be used in practice in order to be more effective at everything I do, as I prefer not to waste valuable time that could be more productively spent. I'm brave and determined, but logical; competitive, yet rational and precise; serious, then sarcastic; protective, while cautious; and both physically and intellectually fit—like I said: an enigma.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:42 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

amo10690
User Image

Bethany followed the others first years into the great hall. It had been a lonely boat ride without her partner in crime. Who she still hadn't found yet. They road the train together but alas they were separated somewhere. Beth was really nervous about the whole sorting thing. No one had warned her what was about to happen. Was there an entrance exam of some sort? Most students would be pretty relieved when they were told a magic hat would sort them accordingly. The short brunette thought otherwise, how would the hat know where to put me? What if it goes by family? I'm a pureblood from a well known dark family... my parents were in Slytherin. Her thoughts continued to run amok as it became her turn and she placed the hat onto her head praying it would make a decent decision.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm actually a decent human being. Especially, if you consider where I came from. I was born a proud pureblood with the whole status and everything but growing up with my Aunt and Uncle taught me that status is a load of crock and it's family that really matters. They taught me life should be an adventure. So I turned into a bit of a trouble maker not that I purposefully go out of my way to hurt people but I enjoy playing pranks and having a good laugh. I've become very loyal to my friends and family even though I still tease them all relentlessly but we all laugh about it. I've been known to be brave because I totally climbed a tree to the very top until a flimsy branch gave way under my weight. Hey, I still got the stupid fanged Frisbee out of that stupid tree. I guess I'm not the kind of person to look before I leap headfirst into trouble.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Not one to look before you leap, eh?
Well, I think you'll be having plenty of good laughs in....

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

amo10690
User Image

Annabelle followed silently behind the rest of the first years who were about to be sorted. She noted right off the bat that her sisters were both there and seated at a table with a lion banner hanging over it. The girl knew that had to be the Gryffindor table. Bella knew in the deepest part of her heart she probably wouldn't be able to keep the Davenport family strictly to the brave lions. She wasn't as brave as her older siblings. With a sad sigh she stepped forward when it became her turn. She sat gingerly on the stool and placed the apparent all-knowing hat upon her head and crossed her fingers that it knew where she belonged because she sure as heck didn't.

Personality You'd think being raised primarily by your older sister would bring up a damaged child. The truth behind Bella was she didn't end up rude, bratty, or snobby. She was actually very similar to her eldest sister Ari. Sure she had been teased and picked on by her other sister Addie but that only brought out the best in her. Bella loved animals. They didn't tease her relentlessly like her sister. There wasn't a horse she couldn't ride at the farm down the rode. Which is where she worked at over the summer. She loved helping out the owners. Once she befriended the kind folks she'd become dead loyal to them. That's just how she was though. Always slow to befriend anyone but she'd do anything to help a friend in need. When she wasn't busy obsessing over animals she was immersed in a book. The girl had learned at a young age how to read and there was no stopping her once she found a good book. All of that reading was what seemed to be making her marks so high in school. There wasn't a test she couldn't pass.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Another Davenport?
But you don't think you'll follow your family.
To tell you the truth, as the truth I must tell
I think you're much better off in....

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:53 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

l_His_Bunny_l
________________HAPPINESSfalseHITfalseHERfalseLIKEfalseAfalseTRAINfalseONfalseAfalseTRACKfalsefalsex
____xCOMINGfalseTOWARDfalseHERfalseSTUCKfalseSTILLfalseNOfalseTURNINGfalseBACKfalse

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
false x▬▬xxTHE HORSES ARE COMINGSO YOU BETTER RUN -
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
____________________________________________________________Marine Wellis________ Unsorted
____________________________________________________________First Year ________Muggle-raised

User Image
                                                                It had been a long journey, but oh goodness did it pay off when Marine finally set foot in the castle. The sheer size alone was astounding, but add in the architecture, vibe, and pure excitement she was feeling at that moment? The kinds of things she was feeling were inexpiable. The trip was made more fun with the companionship of Hannah, but she was lost in the crowd once they were moved into the great hall for sorting. When she saw her going up the steps to be seated and sorted, she smiled with glee when she was placed in Hufflepuff. It seemed a good fit for her, if she remembered the traits right. Each student that processed up to the Sorting Hat, Marine began to feel more and more anxious and ready to find out where she would be kept the rest of her years here. Every so often she would here the hat call out house after house. Jeez, why did she haft to have a last named that started with 'W'? She's gonna explode with restless before she can even reach the stool placed atop those marble steps. "Marine Wellis!" The brunette's icy eyes bugged and a very nervous smile inched its way across her features. It was time. Slowly she excused her way through the crowd, feeling her breath move in and out of her nose in fast paces. Wringing her hands together, she hopped herself onto the stool and felt the Sorting Hat placed on her head. It was a lot heavier than she anticipated. Her mind wouldn't stop racing with the different scenarios of every house she could be put in. Did it effect this process if her mind wasn't clear? Or could the hat see past it? Just two more questions to add to the many that were whizzing by in her brain.

↘↘ ▓ Location:Great Hall ∙ ▒ Emotion: Positively Bouncy ∙ ░ Outfit: Oxford Heels ↘↘
►► O.O.C.::
xxx ◄◄

My blood status is a mystery. I never knew who my birth parents were. I do hope to find out someday though.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm strong. Not so much physically, but emotionally and mentally. I can take a hard mental beating and keep fighting back. Being hurt by hands and by words has given me a very thick skin from a young age. This does not deter me from making new friends, but once i see you as someone who could turn on me, I'm out quicker than a bugler when the alarm sounds. This also makes me the protective type. I don't want to see others hurt the way I was so I strive to keep people safe. I laugh the easiest at puns and cheesy jokes due to being easily entertained and a people pleaser. Even if the joke wasn't that funny I'll make you feel like a world class comedian. My mothers taught me and raised me to be polite but never a pushover. While I'm a little more wobbly than they are, I still can assert myself and hold ground in my opinions and morals.

My background story is a little unique. My parents are both female. They met in college at a party none the less. Extremely romantic, right? They had instant chemistry that helped them fight through battles that shouldn't have been needed to be fought, but this is a weird world where love seems to have a gender issue. I digress. They had been together for quite sometime till they decided to raise a child together. Brianna and Helen chose to venture into an orphanage. They lock eyes on a little baby girl being held by one of the caretakers in the lounge and bonded that day. That baby was obviously me, duh. My mothers like to tell me I was a difficult baby. I tried to conflict with anything they did and giggle when they started to get angry. It drove them up the wall but still makes me smirk now. I mellowed out once I hit my toddler years. I became more adventurous and fun; wanting to figure out the meaning of use of everything around me. Of course, that meant putting a lot of things in my mouth that I really shouldn't have. I shudder at some of the stories. Anyway. I started school like any other regular kid, but I wasn't treated like any regular kid. Due to my parents love I was bullied endlessly by ignorant children who listened to their parents disgraceful comments about the fact I was raise by two women. They assaulted me and verbal abused me day by day. I stuck it out though. I came home with dried blood on my face, but also a smile to my mothers. I didn't want them to worry about me. I wanted them to see I was strong enough to take a beating and then smile afterwards ready to fight back. I was offered to be home schooled many time but I always turned it down. I wouldn't let them think they'd won. I kept my head held high all the way to my eleventh birthday. When my mother Helen, came home from work, It was business as usual. A lovely meal prepared ahead of time with laughter and stories of the day. No birthday was complete without cake. Mine was a warm and spiced carrot cake, my favorite. As I cut my first slice, there was a knock on our door. Both my mothers looked confused as Brianna went to answer. When she opened up, there was a cloaked man waiting patiently with a smile. He held a letter in his hand and asked if he could speak to us all about a very exciting matter. Helen came to her love's aide and gave the man a once over, asking him questions and prying at him to see what his true intentions were. I sat in my chair, a bit sadden by the lack of cake I was eating, but still interested in what was going on. Soon enough, he was proven truthful in his words and was let into the house and onto the couch in the sitting room. I was beckoned out since this also seemed to be centered around me. Extremely confused I listened as this stranger gave my family new that would drastically change everything I knew about myself and my predictions of my future. According to him, I was a witch. A real life magical witch with powers yet to be honed. My mothers were flabbergasted to say the least, but after lots of explanation, it seemed to click in their minds that I was never a normal child. Strange things always seemed to happen to me and around me. I however needed a little more convincing, and that came in the form of an adventure to a new school with other children like me. This was my new start in life. A place where I wasn't strange; I would be accepted. That was all I needed to hear. I was ready to jump into this new world head first.

I enjoy a nice warm cup of tea. It soothing and always seems to calm be down when I'm ready to explode. I also am a crazy animal lover. I sometimes feel I love them more than people. I love the smell of fall. No just the candle smell, which is just cinnamon in my opinion, I also mean the smell of the air. It crispness and the way it clears your nose is intoxicating to me. A new found love I have is in Quidditch. Ever since my new life started I've fallen in love with this sport. Its crazy and fasted paced! I'm also infatuated with love. I adore everything about it in every genre whether it be movies, books, real-life experiences and stories I hear from others. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart! Lastly, I could eat nothing but carrot cake for the rest of my life if given the chance. Tangy frosting, spiced cake and sweet carrots! My mouth is already watering.

I despise overbearing opinions. I really hate it when people shove their ideas down your throat. You do you, and I'll do me. Respect choices and others and if they don't mesh well with you then don't interact. I also really don't like the sound of a fork or knife scraping a plate. It send chills down my spine and i want to scream. Unneeded violence is one of my top contenders with things I don't like. I understand we are primal beings, but learn to take a step back and breathe once in a while, gosh. I really would rather freeze to death than burn to death. I hate the heat and humidity. I would much rather it be fall and winter all the time. Maybe a little spring. Finally, I'd say I really detest closed mindedness. People should try and branch out and move with the times. If someone stays stuck in familiarity then they can never really grow and evolve as a person.

My strengths are my compassion and my sturdiness. I am a soft statue I like to say. Never knocked down, but also willing to bend.

My flaws are my sensitivity and my unwillingness to let my sad emotions show. I am actually extremely sensitive and can be hurt very easily, but ill never let it show. this means that i blow up sometimes with all this bottled up emotion.

Quite the protective fighter,
Not to mention a joker as well.
I know just what to do with you!

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:58 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

XxLudiahxX
User Image
User Image

ooo●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя|| Uηѕσятє∂ || Hαℓƒвℓσσ∂
ooo●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

The boat ride from the Hogsmeade station to the castle was definitely a memorable one, but one memory it seemed Jo would be remembering herself. She sat in the back of a boat by herself, it seemed even the rest of the first years had already paired up and made groups of friends. However, Jo had not. The young blonde now stood in the middle of the big crowd of first years, waiting to be sorted just like everyone else. She stood straight, trying her best to look calm and collected, unlike a lot of her fellow classmates. "Charlotte Lanay." Jo took in a sharp breath as her name echoed through the Great Hall. Her hands shook ever so lightly as Jo stepped from the crowd that was now staring directly at her. She took a seat on the stool that every other student on Hogwarts had sat on when they were first years and held her breath, waiting for the Sorting Hat to do its job.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit bossy and straight forward. I tend to come off a bit rude at first, but people that know me know that isn't necessarily the case. When things are supposed to be done a certain way, I like to make sure that they are done exactly that way. If someone asks me their opinion about something I will not sugar coat it for them. I am a brutally honest person, and sometimes that can offend people. I am not a mean person, but I have no tolerance for ignorance. I tend to have a short attention span and get bored of things easily, but I never leave a project half finished. I like to finish things that I start. I am an independent person, and usually like to take the lead of group projects.

Quite particular, aren't we?
Also a bit honest, though perhaps a wee bit much.
I think you'll do quite well in...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:05 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

SharkieBait
      ۞ do not go ⥇ gentle into THAT GOOD NIGHT •♥•xx `rage against↩ THE DYING. ▋▍ of. the. light.

xxxx( First Year -- Unsorted ) xxxx( Hogsmeade > Docks > Boats > Great Hall ) xxxx( Nervous > Gitty > Proud ) xxxx( In the Great Hall with everyone else ) xxxx( some songs for you baby bird )

User Image

•♥• the xxW I T C H ---- ꟽⱯꟽɃØ[xx
                                                xxxxxxxLucianne Feldmont.

ucianne held her mother's hand gently as the Keeper of Keys came forward, calling all first years to go to the boats. Looking up at her parents, who felt more out of place then anyone else there, she squeezed her mother's hand and got on her tippy toes as she bent down to peck Luci on the cheek. Moving from her mother to her father, he just nodded and bent down for a peck himself - he never gave one, of course. Waving them goodbye, she reached up to her neck and gently pet Mojo as she joined the group of First Years that came from the Train and moved with the mob to the docks for the boats.
                                                        Getting in a boat with 3 boys who seemed liked friends outside of Hogwarts and a girl that was super nervous, she sat in the back and held the lantern on a pole as the boat moved itself into the water and across the lake after the other boats, the view of Hogwarts being one of pure beauty and power. With mouth slightly agape, she looked up at the castle as it grew closer to her and immediately began wondering what secrets it held - where she could explore. Moving from an open mouth to one with a small smirk, she waited until the boys and the little girl removed themselves from the boat before she placed the lantern pole back in it's holder and joined the gaggle of 11 year olds around the Keeper of Keys, walking up the slightly sloped hill to the front doors that were impossibly high compared to her and the others. Gently reaching out to rub her finger tips on the front door with a small smile - this wood held so much memory it was something she wanted to learn and read about asap - and once the impossibly huge doors swung open, they moved forward to up the staircase to the doors of the Great Hall, the tension and excitement palpable and contagious among the kids.
                                                        With a clap, they lined up two by two and proceeded after the Keeper and into the Great Hall - a name that was picked perfectly as she looked up to the ceiling and smiled at the cloudy moon-lit sky that was bewitched there. Moving into another gaggle of nervous kids, a scroll was unraveled after a small speech and names began being called. Thankfully her last name began with an 'F' and she didn't wait long at all.

"Feldmont. Lucianne Feldmont." Luci said excuse me a few times, moving around everyone and moved forward, saying 'Thank You' to the teacher that held the hat and she proceeded to sit on the stool, scooting a little to sit right, and folded her hands in her lap, eyes closed as she felt the weight and softened leather of the hat being placed upon the crown on her head. 'Not Hufflepuff.... not Hufflepuff... please!' She repeated a few times in her head as she withdrew her bottom lip into her mouth and gently chewed the skin.

Everyone knows that one person - the one that sits in the back of the class - silent. Always knows the answer when called on. Always first to class and first to remind the teacher of homework due. Well, while this is Lucianne in a nutshell in the Muggle world, here in the Magic world, she's forced herself out of her shell and gotten into the habit of talking to anyone, try and make as many friends as she can, regardless of house, and has gone from being the quiet, mouse-like figure of her youth to a blossoming, bright and talkative adolescent girl. Luci's the unwanted poster-child of a 180 flip in her life - going from one of the most well-known muggle children to just another of the bunch -- it's made her gitty; brave even - with a bit of stoic regard thrown in there as well. With a grin and a sparkle to her eye, Lucianne is growing as a person and moving into a teenage life with her head held high, chest puffed out and a spring her step she's never had before.

|♥| ▬▬▬▬▬▬ •◢◣• ▬▬▬▬▬▬ |♥|

Not Hufflepuff you say?
But in Hufflepuff you'd do well!
Old Hufflepuff said she'd teach them all,
Regardless of chivalry, cunning, or wit.
But if you're so determined,
Then I shall have to think otherwise.
Ah, I know!

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Deviled Dregs
User Image

User Image

First Year │ Unsorted │ Pureblood

After the lonely train ride but not so lonely boat ride, he was glad that they were finally in the castle and ready to be sorted. That meant food after, and God knew he had worked up quite a bit of an appetite. He took a seat, looked around at all the older faces, two of which he recognized as his two older cousins and sighed.

Layton's personality
                                                              Kai is mainly focused on living internally, and lives in a world of endless possibilities. Though he can verge on the edge of severe depression, he's able to keep it in check for the most part and keep his spirits up. Kai tends to be hard to get to know, as he keeps to himself for the most part and doesn't dare to break down that wall he's had built up for himself. Though he has very strong ideas and opinions, they're not very well-known as he's deeply afraid of expressing them due to the fear of negative after effects.

He insists on having personal space; perhaps a bit too much. It tends to break him off from the real world even more. Even though he tends to keep to himself, he is acutely aware of others, and can be very skilled in making out what an individual may be like by their actions alone. Despite his severely introverted self, he cares very much about those around him, and always takes their feelings into consideration when doing anything.

Name Here

OOC:

Content to be alone in a crowd,
You are quite the caring young man.
You'll find your home in...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:15 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Porcelaine Ivory
User Image
User Image

The rough voice of the sorting hat punctured the thick, suffocating silence that filled the Great Hall from corner to corner. Liam watched as the first student was sorted into Gryffindor, the boy's new house erupting into celebration as if he wasn't a stranger they had never even met. An interesting phenomena how quickly the child was accepted as family.

A moment later, the Headmistress called another name. Savannah. Melodic, yet strong. And there she was, the girl from the boat with the cards and the striking sense of independence and comfort in her own skin. She seemed unfazed by the hat's presence, and less surprised by its decision than he was. Slytherin? In an instant, every assumption he had made about her escaped past his lips in a small gasp. He was smart enough to know that not every soul bound to the house of snakes could be rooted in evil, but in his experience, they had been.

Student after student shuffled toward the front of the room, their fate to be determined by a tattered piece of fabric. He knew that wasn't entirely true, of course. It was their own personality that decided their destiny; the hat was merely an interpreter. He felt certain that, despite his family tree being littered with green and silver, he would be adding a new pop of color—a contrast to the other two shades. Liam thought he could assimilate into a crowd of badgers or lions, both with little to no difficulty, as he owned traits representative of either. Nevertheless, there was only one house in which he truly belonged, where he wouldn't get teased for spending his days off reading in the common room; where his dry sarcasm would be returned with a witty reply, rather than a hurt expression; where he would have a chance of sharing his interests with other kids his age for the first time. He wanted to fly with the eagles; to be free. He knew his destiny, but did the sorting hat?

As if in answer to his thoughts, the Headmistress called his name without hesitation.
"Liam Cade!" As automatic as the minute hand of a clock jumping from one number to the next, the soon-to-be-sorted first year put one foot in front of the other, approaching the aged stool to allow the hat to decipher his personality and spit it out for the entire room to hear.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm an enigma. From the outside, I'm usually quiet and seemingly shy, but in reality that's either because I'm analyzing the situation and determining whether or not to speak, or simply a side effect of my closed, independent, and self-sustaining lifestyle. I'm intelligent—not just from spending the better half of each day reading, but from being highly receptive...like an air filter, soaking in everything around me. I'm more of a functional intellectual; a collector of information that can be used in practice in order to be more effective at everything I do, as I prefer not to waste valuable time that could be more productively spent. I'm brave and determined, but logical; competitive, yet rational and precise; serious, then sarcastic; protective, while cautious; and both physically and intellectually fit—like I said: an enigma.

User Image

Your mind is running ever so fast
Taking all of this in,
And now I must take your mind in
And tell you where to go.

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games