Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Official SERIOUS Naruto Anime and Manga discussion Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

attila the fun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:53 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
attilathefun
In other news, I like how this elements thing is suddenly like, the focus of everything ever. (...Insofar as "everything"="the manga".)

you mean the affinities?

Yes. Same difference.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:29 pm
attilathefun
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
attilathefun
In other news, I like how this elements thing is suddenly like, the focus of everything ever. (...Insofar as "everything"="the manga".)

you mean the affinities?

Yes. Same difference.

seems like Kishi just made the elemental thingy out...so he wanted to put it in the story as soon as he could, that probably affects the story somehow  

Pekora

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:21 am
It's kind of turning into the Pokemon manga. If anyone read that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:34 pm
Shikalee

didnt it finished? it seems like one of the few mangas that finished before the anime...the anime's still airing XDD  

Pekora

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:37 pm
Shikalee
Or Dragonball Z sad  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:54 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Or Dragonball Z sad
True, but I love DBZ, as lame as it is. xd  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:55 am
We are here to talk about Naruto not crappy old animes D=<  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:11 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

But it shares many parallels! Are parallels not worth discussing?

You don't hate children, do you?  

attila the fun

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:16 am
attilathefun
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

..............................OFF-TOPIC!

Besides, I don't think Kishi would be dumb enough to make Naruto look (higly) suspiciously like DB/DBZ/DBGT.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:53 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
attilathefun
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

Besides, I don't think Kishi would be dumb enough to make Naruto look (higly) suspiciously like DB/DBZ/DBGT.

On the contrary, he's said that he likes it--that suggests to me that it has influenced him, especially considering the afore-referred-to parallels.  

attila the fun

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:38 am
attilathefun
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
attilathefun
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

On the contrary, he's said that he likes it--that suggests to me that it has influenced him, especially considering the afore-referred-to parallels.

Toriyama sure was one hell of a mangaka =O, but I think Kishi knew how to make the difference between DB and Naruto  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:26 pm
Generally when somone makes parallels in their work, they do it by accident. Kishimoto likes Dragonball Z, so it's not surprising that his story would be similar.  

Captain Verd

Pekora

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm
Captain Verd
Generally when somone makes parallels in their work, they do it by accident. Kishimoto likes Dragonball Z, so it's not surprising that his story would be similar.

meh...all I see in Naruto that looks like DB is that Naruto looks like Gokou and Sasuke like Vegita (yes, vague similarities, but still).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:33 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd

meh...all I see in Naruto that looks like DB is that Naruto looks like Gokou and Sasuke like Vegita (yes, vague similarities, but still).

eek

...The fight sequences are very similar, as is the aspect of the story where everyone has to keep getting stronger and stronger until we question why the sannin are so supposedly famous.  

attila the fun

Pekora

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 am
attilathefun
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Captain Verd

eek

...The fight sequences are very similar, as is the aspect of the story where everyone has to keep getting stronger and stronger until we question why the sannin are so supposedly famous.

That appears a lot in Shounen, don't use just Naruto and DB as example D=<  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games